Monster (A Supernatural Fanfi...

Av musicdreams31

"Maybe you are a monster, but so am I and so is Dean. Maybe every human or every living being is a monster. B... Mer

Introduction and Copyright
Cast
Chapter 1: Night Moves and Piles of Hell
Chapter 2: "This is the world's most dangerous Nephilim?"
Chapter 3: It's Castiel, not Cassiel
Chapter 4: Archangels, Biscuits, and Broken Windows
Chapter 5: 4.20.1 The Rapture
Chapter 6: 4.20.2 The Rapture
Chapter 7: Angels, Demons, and Nephilims, oh my!
Chapter 8: "I'm gonna ruin this small moment we're having."
Chapter 9: 4.22.1 Lucifer Rising
Chapter 10: 4.22.2 Lucifer Rising
Chapter 11: 5.1.1 Sympathy for the Devil
Chapter 12: 5.1.2 Sympathy for the Devil
Chapter 13: "Of course it's Lucifer. It's always Lucifer."
Chapter 14: 5.4.1 The End
Chapter 15: 5.4.2 The End
Chapter 16: Drunken Pancakes
Chapter 17: 5.6.1 I Believe the Children are Our Future
Chapter 19: "How do you handle a drunk woman?"
Chapter 20: "Wow. You really are a bitch."
Chapter 21: Heaven on Earth
Chapter 22: 5.9.1 The Real Ghostbusters
Chapter 23: 5.9.2 The Real Ghostbusters
Chapter 24: "The therapist and the alcoholic."
Chapter 25: 5.10.1 Abandon All Hope
Chapter 26: 5.10.2 Abandon All Hope
Chapter 27: Coffee Kisses
Chapter 28: 5.13.1 The Song Remains the Same
Chapter 29: 5.13.1 The Song Remains the Same
Chapter 30: Broken Promises and Birthday Wishes
Chapter 31: Heaven Help Us All
Chapter 32: 5.16.1 Dark Side of the Moon
Chapter 33: 5.16.2 Dark Side of the Moon
Chapter 34: "You can't leave me here forever."
Chapter 35: "God, please....just kill me already."
Chapter 36: 5.18.1 Point of No Return
Chapter 37: These Are The Lies
Chapter 38: 5.21.1 Two Minutes to Midnight
Chapter 39: 5.21.2 Two Minutes to Midnight
Chapter 40: 5.22.1 Swan Song
Chapter 41: 5.22.2 Swan Song
MONSTER One-Shot
MONSTER One-Shot: Djinn
DECEPTION
Why I made Cassandra Moore as she is
Deception is up!
Wattys 2018
Instagram
SUPER IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!! AHHHHH!!
Published Novel

Chapter 18: 5.6.2 I Believe the Children are Our Future

4.9K 170 24
Av musicdreams31

Happy Friday the 13th. Only reason I'm updating.

Dean pulled the Impala to a stop across the street from a farmhouse. He cut the engine and turned to the blonde in the backseat, sighing. "Alright, Princess, you get your mojo working yet?" She shrugged.

    "Don't know. Haven't exactly been able to test it out. Guess we'll have to see." Cassandra pushed open the car door and slammed it shut. Dean turned to Sam.

    "Well, that's comforting," he muttered before following the Nephilim across the street. They made their way up the steps and glanced around before Sam bent down and started to pick the lock. Suddenly the door opened and he quickly stood up, tucking the tools into his pocket. Cassandra raised an eyebrow at the young boy.

"Can I help you?" he questioned. The Hunters and Cassandra all exchanged glances.

"Hi. Uh, what's your name?" Sam asked with a smile. The boy eyed the three adults warily.

"Who wants to know?" Sam and Dean glanced at each other, Dean raising his eyebrows, before digging their badges of their pockets.

"The, uh..." Dean cleared his throat and pulled out his badge, showing it to the kid while Sam and Cassandra pulled out theirs.  "FBI." The boy leaned forward and snatched the badge from Dean's grasp.

"Let me see that." Sam and Cassandra quickly put theirs away as the boy handed the badge back to the blond Hunter in front of him. "So, what, you guys don't knock?" he questioned.

"Are your parents home?" Cassandra asked. The boy glanced over at her, furrowing his eyebrows at the woman.

"They work," he replied immediately.

"Well, you mind if we ask you a few questions, maybe take a look around the house?" she requested. The boy eyed them warily, his gaze constantly jumping from one Hunter to the other.

"I don't know." Dean grinned and held up his closed badge again.

"Come on. You can trust us. We're the authorities," Dean told him. The boy seemed unimpressed but when his gaze settled on Cassandra's pleading expression he nodded and stepped aside to let them in. Dean stared back at her questioningly and she shrugged, following the Winchesters inside.

They made sure to stay by the boy as they made their way into the kitchen. Cassandra watched the kid turn off the stove and pull the pot off, placing it on the dining table. She raised her eyebrows. His family let him cook when they weren't home? He was only a kid.

"What's that?" Sam questioned.

"It's called soup. You heat it up and you eat it," the boy replied. Sam chuckled and nodded, taking a step forward as Dean studied the drawing on the fridge behind him. Cassandra advanced further into the kitchen, her gaze drifting around the house.

"Right. I, I know. It's just, um...I used to make my own dinner, too, when I was a kid." The boy looked up immediately, almost offended by Sam's words.

"Well, I'm not a kid."

"Right. No, I, I know. Um..." Sam held out his hand for the kid to shake. "I'm Robert, by the way."

"Jesse," he replied, taking his hand and shaking it. Cassandra eyed the boy warily. She could feel something dark radiating off of him but she wasn't sure what exactly. She hadn't felt something like that before.

"Jesse, nice to meet you," Sam said. Dean stepped closer and held up the drawing from the fridge. Cassandra held back a laugh upon seeing a bearded man dressed in a tutu with pink wings.

"Did you draw this?" Dean asked. Jesse nodded as if it were obvious. Cassandra liked this kid. He had attitude, something she had when she was his age. He reminded her of herself. The thought brought a smile to her lips.

"It's the tooth fairy," Jesse told Dean. Dean turned the picture back to face him and studied it. When Cassandra glanced over his shoulder to study it she realized that it's exactly how the man in the hospital had described the man that attacked him.

"That's what you think the tooth fairy looks like, huh?"

"Yeah. My dad told me about him." Dean glanced over at Sam and then to Cassandra whose gaze was locked on Jesse.

"Huh."

"What, didn't your dad tell you about the tooth fairy?" Jesse inquired. Dean chuckled, shaking his head as he set the paper down on the table.

"My dad? My dad told me different stories."

"Well, the tooth fairy isn't a story," Jesse said, crossing his arms over his chest. Cassandra took a step forward, leaning on the chair next to her.

"What do you know about itching powder, Jesse?" the blonde asked. Jesse turned to look at her.

"That stuff will make you scratch your brains out."

"Pop Rocks and Coke?"

"You mix them and you'll end up in the hospital. Everyone knows that." Jesse shrugged lightly. Cassandra glanced over at Dean, watching as he pulled the joy buzzer out of his pocket and held it up. Jesse's eyes widened in fear. "You shouldn't have that."

"Why not?" Cassandra pressed.

"It can electrocute you." Dean shook his head and studied the toy between his fingers before looking back down to the kid in front of them. Jesse's green eyes watched the Hunter worriedly as he spoke.

"Actually, it can't. It's just a wind-up toy. It's totally harmless. Doesn't even have batteries." Jesse's expression faltered slightly.

"So it can't shock you?"

"Nope. Not at all. I swear." Cassandra furrowed her eyebrows, trying to figure out what Dean was doing. He had a hunch, one he wasn't sharing with she and Sam.

"Oh. Okay," Jesse replied, slightly disappointed. Dean chuckled, and shrugged.

"I mean, all it does is just shake in your hand. It's kind of lame. See?" Before anyone could react, Dean turned to Sam and pressed the joy buzzer to his chest. Sam stiffened and turned to Dean the moment he pulled away, shooting him a murderous glare. Cassandra watched in horror and she wanted to yell at Dean. What if he had been wrong and Sam died? What would he do then? "What did you say your name was, again?"

Cassandra followed the Winchesters down the steps of the porch, shoving her way in between them. "Dude, what the hell?" she asked, turning to face Dean. Dean shrugged.

"I had a hunch. I went with it."

"You risked my ass on a hunch?" Sam replied in disbelief. He scoffed. "What if it actually worked and Cassandra couldn't heal or save me?" Dean rolled his eyes.

"You're fine. Besides, now we know who's turning this town into Willy Wonka's worst nightmare," Dean said simply. Sam stopped walking, as did Dean and Cassandra.

"The kid." Dean nodded and looked over at the blonde who glanced around uneasily. Something about the whole thing was bothering her. Dean brushed it off, figuring that it was just the fact that a kid had that kind of power.

"Yeah. Everything Jesse believes comes true. He thinks the tooth fairy looks like Belushi, uh, joy buzzers really shock people, boom, that's what happens."

"Yeah, but convince him the joy buzzers don't actually work, and they go from killing machines back into crap toys."

"He probably doesn't even know he's doing it." Sam and Dean turned to look back at the house. The curtains on an upstairs window parted and they were greeted by the sight of Jesse staring down at them. More specifically, him staring down at Cassandra. Dean waved towards the kid before turning back to start walking to the Impala. "How is he doing it?"

~*~

    Cassandra had decided to stay at the motel while Sam and Dean drove to Elk Creek, claiming that it'd be better if she stayed in case something else happened concerning Jesse. Dean agreed immediately and Sam went along with it, knowing that it was a fight he wouldn't win. Cassandra had been alone for a few hours watching the TV when a voice startled her.

    "Cassandra." She gasped and jumped, turning to see Castiel standing on the other side of the room. She scrambled to turn off the TV and rolled off of the bed, standing up. Cas glanced around the room. "Where are Sam and Dean?"

    "Elk Creek. What are you doing here?" she questioned, grabbing her hoodie and pulling it over her tank top. She wrapped her arms around her torso and studied the angel. He didn't seem happy to see her, but then again she wasn't supposed to leave the mansion.

    "They called me. Said something about a demon's child." Cassandra's eyes widened and her lips parted in shock. Jesse was a demon's child. "I take it you didn't know?" She shook her head.

    "No, uh, I could feel something dark about him but I wasn't sure what it was. I think they're on their way back so it shouldn't be long." Castiel nodded, turning to face the door at the sound of a car door slamming shut. Cassandra raised an eyebrow as the motel room door opened. It seemed they were back sooner than she thought.

    "I take it you got our message," Sam greeted after getting over the fact that Castiel had been standing in their hotel room. Sam took his seat at the table and Dean closed the door behind them. The younger Winchester loosened his tie and Dean tossed the keys down on the counter behind him, glancing over at Cassandra.

"It's lucky you found the boy," Castiel said.

"Oh, yeah, real lucky. What do we do with him?" Dean retorted.

"Kill him." Sam stopped fumbling with his tie and Dean stared up at the angel in shock. Cassandra stepped in front of Castiel with wide eyes, staring at him as if he were crazy.

"Cas—" Dean started.

"This child is half demon and half human, but it's far more powerful than either," Castiel said. Cassandra gaped back at the angel.

"Castiel, I'm a Nephilim and you haven't tried killing me. Last I checked Jesse had no idea what he was doing. He's just a kid!" Cassandra defended. Dean furrowed his eyebrows at the blonde.

"I thought you hate kids," Dean said to Cassandra. She shot him a glare, letting him know that now wasn't the time.

"Other cultures call this hybrid cambion or katako. You know him as the antichrist," cas continued, walking towards the table. He took a seat, sitting there awkwardly as a farting noise escaping from under him. Cassandra brought her fist up to her lips to hide her smile and Sam cocked his head to the side as the noise prolonged. Cas shifted his position but it never stopped. Dean watched with raised eyebrows. "That wasn't me." Castiel reached under him, pulling out a red whoopee cushion and tossing it on the table. Dean chuckled softly.

"Who put that there?" he questioned innocently. Cassandra chuckled and looked up to Dean and she swore that she saw a wider smile tug at the corners of his lips.

"Anyway, I don't get it. Jesse is the devil's son?" Sam questioned. Castiel sighed, shaking his head.

"No, of course not. Your Bible gets more wrong than it does right. The antichrist is not Lucifer's child. It's just demon spawn. But it is one of the devil's greatest weapons in the war against Heaven," Cas explained. Dean nodded.

"Well, if Jesse's a demonic howitzer, then what the hell's he doing in Nebraska?" he demanded.

"The demons lost him. They can't find him. But they're looking. He's just as important as Cassandra in this war, if not more," Castiel replied, glancing over to the blonde who stood in the corner behind Sam and a few feet beside Dean.

"And they lost him because?"

"Because of the child's power. It hides him from both angels and demons. For now," Cas told him. Cassandra nodded, pushing herself off of the wall.

"So he's got, like, a forcefield around him. Well, that's great. Problem solved. We don't need to gank the kid," Cassandra hissed. Cas sighed at her and shook his head.

"With Lucifer risen, this child grows strong. Soon, he will do more than just make a few toys come to life—something that will draw the demons to him. The demons will find this child, just as they did you. Except Lucifer will twist this boy to his purpose. And then, with a word, this child will destroy the Host of Heaven." Cassandra let out a sighed and leaned back against the wall, closing her eyes and shaking her head. She didn't believe that a kid like Jesse could ever do that.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait. You're saying that—that Jesse's gonna nuke the angels?" Dean questioned in disbelief.

"We cannot allow that to happen."

"Wait." Sam stood up, his chair flying back behind him. "We're the good guys. We—we don't just kill children." Castiel stood up also, leaning on the table towards Sam.

"A year ago, you would have done whatever it took to win this war," Cas sneered. Sam only stared back at the angel.

"Things change." Dean stepped forward and a place a hand on Sam's arm, putting himself between Sam and Cas to keep a fight from breaking out. Cassandra lingered in the background, watching the scene unfold. Suddenly she wasn't so sure if she wanted to train with Cas anymore. It seemed that he would turn her into a mindless soldier, just as Heaven's angels were.

"Okay. Hey, look, we are not going to kill him. All right? But we can't leave Jesse here either. We know that. So...we take him to Bobby's. He'll know what to do," Dean argued.

"You'll kidnap him? What is going on in this town, it's what happens when this thing is happy. You cannot imagine what it will do if it's angry. Besides, how will you hold him? With a thought, he could be halfway around the world." Cassandra stepped forward, a scowl etched on her face.

    "Jesse is not an 'it' or a 'thing', Castiel, he is human. He is a living being. Stop treating him as if he were some type of weapon. We—we can tell him the truth."

"You say Jesse's destined to go dark side—fine," Sam chimed in. "But he hasn't yet. So if we lay it all out for him—what he is, the Apocalypse, everything—he might make the right choice." Castiel leaned forward and narrowed his eyes at Sam, his hands resting on the table.

"You didn't." Cassandra's expression faltered and she stared at Castiel in disbelief. "And I can't take that chance." Sam glared back at him, unsure of how to react.

"Castiel, enough!" Cassandra barked. He shot her a sharp glare before disappearing into thin air without a trace. Sam let out a frustrated sigh and Dean looked away.

"Damn it."

Dean glanced over at Cassandra, narrowing his eyes at her in a glare. Cassandra met his gaze, her sharp expression never faltering. Dean scowled and grabbed onto her shoulders, slamming her back into the wall. Her eyes widened and she gasped, staring back at the Hunter with wide eyes.

"You were supposed to protect him!" Dean roared.

"I didn't know what Castiel was here for! I didn't know about the boy! I swear!" Cassandra yelled back frantically, her eyes filled with fear. Sam reached forward and grabbed onto Dean's shoulder to pull him away but he never budged. He continued to press Cassandra up against the wall and hold her there, glaring into her eyes. Cassandra shrunk back in fear and her breath hitched in her throat as she shook slightly.

    "If he dies then that's on you! Sam, let's go!" Dean released her roughly and her head slammed back into the wall. The blonde stumbled and caught herself on the table, watching the men leave with wide eyes. What the hell had just happened?

    Cassandra sucked in a sharp breath and managed to regain her composure before standing up. She raced over to her duffel bag and pulled her angel blade out before closing her eyes, focusing on the image of Jesse's house in her mind. She disappeared into the air leaving nothing but the echo of her wings.

The Nephilim landed in the middle of the living room just as Sam and Dean kicked the door in, the wood flinging against the wall next to it. Dean glanced over in her direction before she focused on the kid in the corner, her breath shaky.

"Was there a guy here? In a trench coat?" Cassandra questioned. Jesse nodded and pointed to a small action figure on the floor. An action figure that looked exactly like Castiel. Cassandra's breath hitched in her throat and she kneeled down to pick it up before turning to look at Sam and Dean. All three adults exchanged glances before focusing their attention on Jesse.

    Cassandra had managed to calm Jesse down and she sat on the couch next to him, Sam seated in the chair in the corner of the room. They watched as Dean carefully placed the action figure of Castiel on the mantelpiece of the fireplace.

"Was he your friend?" Jesse questioned. Dean glanced back at Cas.

"Him? No," Dean lied smoothly. Jesse leaned up against Cassandra, still a little freaked out, and she had an arm wrapped around his shoulder. Sam smiled slightly at the sight. The blonde had a way with kids, something she'd never be able to have because of her life.

"I did that. But how did I do that?" Jesse asked in amazement, staring at the action figure. Dean grinned at the green-eyed boy.

"You're a superhero." Jesse's eyes brightened and a large smile took over his face.

"I am?"

"Yeah. Yeah. I mean, who else could turn someone into a toy? You're Superman—minus the cape and the go-go boots. See, my—my partners and I, we work for a secret government agency. It's our job to find kids with special powers. In fact, we're here to take you to a hidden base in South Dakota where you'll be trained to fight evil," Dean explained.

"Like the X-Men?" Dean nodded, kneeling down to his level. Cassandra refused to meet Dean's gaze and instead looked away.

"Exactly like the X-Men." Dean chuckled and scratched his upper lip, nodding.

"In fact, the, uh, guy we're taking you to—he's even in a wheelchair. You'll be a hero. You'll save lives. You'll get the girl. Sounds like fun, right? And guess what? You even get to train alongside Cassandra here." Jesse turned his head and looked up to the blonde next to him, grinning. He had taken a liking to her in the short amount of time they were together. They had some sort of connection that no one could explain.

    Suddenly the front door flung open and Dean was thrown against the wall much like Cassandra had been in the past few weeks. A demon possessing Jesse's mother, Julia, strolled in.

"They're lying to you," the demon said. Sam stood up but before he could show any further action the demon flung him against the wall next to Dean. "Stay right there, dreamboat. Can't hurt you. Orders," she told Sam. She looked to Dean. "You, on the other hand? Hurting you's encouraged." Dean's eyes widened just as Cassandra shot up from her seat, angel blade in hand, and glared back at the demon, her irises glowing a deep blue. The demon flicked her wrist and slammed Dean against the opposite wall then back next to Sam.

"Leave him alone!" Jesse shouted. The demon turned at the sound of the boy's voice and grinned at him, speaking sweetly as a mother would to her child. She leaned down to his level, her hands on her knees.

"Jesse. You're beautiful. You have your father's eyes," she told him. Cassandra stepped in front of the child.

"Who are you?" Jesse questioned.

    "Jesse, get behind me," Cassandra ordered. The demon glanced up at Cassandra, flinging her back into the coffee table. Cassandra crashed down on it and groaned, the table only cracking under her weight.

    "I'm also under orders to keep you in one piece, Cassandra," the demon told her. She furrowed her eyebrows and sat up, watching as the demon redirected her attention towards Jesse. "I'm your mother."

"No, you're not," Jesse denied. The demon nodded and stood up straight.

"Mm-hm. You're half human...half one of us." She held her arms out to her sides, grinning.

"She means demons, Jesse!" Dean yelled. The demon held her arm out and clenched her hand into a fist, earning a strangled groan of pain from Dean. Cassandra rolled off of the table and started to run over when the demon stopped her and looked back down to Jesse.

"Those people you call your parents—they lied to you, too. You're not theirs—not really."

"My mom and dad love me." The demon cocked her head to a side, mocking a pout.

"Do they? Is—is that why they leave you alone all day? Because they love you so much? These people—these imposters—they told you that the tooth fairy was real and that your toys could hurt you and a hundred other things that aren't true. They love you so much, they made your whole life a lie. Look into your heart, Jesse. You've always known you weren't theirs. You've always known you were different. Everyone has lied to you. They're not FBI agents. And you're not a superhero," the demon explained. Cassandra managed to fight the force that the demon had put on her and stumbled forward, catching herself on the couch.

"Then what am I?" Jesse questioned.

    "You're like me, Jesse," Cassandra said. He turned to look at her. "You're good. You can be a superhero if you want and you can help save people, not hurt them. My friends and I, we can help train you and teach you how to use your powers." The demon scowled up at the blonde.

"Don't listen to her. She barely knows how to use her own abilities. But you. You're powerful. You can have anything you want. You can do anything you want," the demon said. Cassandra sucked in a sharp breath as she watched the demon curl her hand into a fist against her thigh and she let out a strangled cry, sinking to her knees.

"Don't listen to her, Jesse!" Dean yelled. The demon held out a hand and Dean groaned once again, still pinned helplessly to the wall.

"They treated you like a child. Nobody trusted you. Everybody's lied to you. Doesn't that make you angry?" Jesse clenched his fist at his side and the room started to rattle. The fire behind her flared up and the ceiling started to crack, the dust raining down. "See? It does make you angry. But I'm telling you the truth, Jesse." Pictures frames started to fall off the walls, one following after the other.  "Wouldn't it be better if there were no lies? Come with me and you can wash it all clean. Start over. Imagine that—a world without lies." Cassandra screamed out and the demon stumbled back slightly, clutching her ears. Jesse didn't seem fazed by the action, though. Dean and Sam cringed, desperately wishing they could make it stop.

"She's right. We lied to you," Cassandra said, her screaming coming to a halt. The demon glanced over at her, her eyes flickering to a deep black. "But I'll tell you the truth." The demon raised her fist once again and they all could hear a crunching sound, no one sure as to where it came from. Cassandra, desperate to speak, attempted to fight the pressure on her throat. "I just want...to tell..."

"Stop it," Jesse ordered. Cassandra's bent knees collapsed to the floor and she gasped for breath. "I want to hear what she has to say."

"You're stronger than I thought," the demon said. Cassandra shot her a glare before waving her hand. Sam fell to the floor, steadying himself on the walls. The Winchester brothers and the demon stared at her in shock. She had never been able to do that before. Sam stood up, nodding curtly at the blonde.

"We lied to you. And I'm sorry. So here's the truth. I'm Sam Winchester. That's my brother, Dean. And the girl behind you, her name is Cassandra Moore and she's an archangel's daughter. W-we hunt monsters," Sam started to explain. The demon's gaze snapped over to Sam.

"Except when you are the monster. Right, Sammy?"

"And that woman right there, her name is Julia. She's your mother. But the thing inside of her, the thing that you're talking to—it's a demon." Jesse's eyebrows rose in shock and his gaze drifted over to Cassandra who joined Sam at his side.

"A demon?"

"He's done nothing but lie to you since the moment you met him. Don't listen to him. Punish him," the demon sneered. Jesse looked over to her.

"Sit down and shut up," he demanded. A chair from behind the demon slid across the floor, knocking her down into it. She struggled to speak as her lips were pressed into a thin line, nothing but muffled frustrations escaping. Sam eyed her before looking back to Jesse.

"There's, uh, kind of a...a war between angels and demons, and...you're a part of it," Sam continued.

"I'm just a kid."

"You can go with her if you want. I can't stop you. No one can. But if you do...millions of people will die," Sam said. Jesse frowned slightly.

"She said I was half demon. Is that true?" He looked over to Cassandra who nodded in confirmation.

"Yes. But you're half human, too. You can do the right thing. You've got choices, Jesse. But if you make the wrong ones—" Cassandra glanced at the Hunter next to her. "—it'll haunt you for the rest of your life."

"Why are you telling me this?" Jesse yelled, his voice cracking as his eyes welled with tears. Cassandra's heart broke at the sight. Here was a kid who once had a normal life and suddenly everything came crashing down on him.

"Because I have to believe someone can make the right choice, even if I couldn't," Sam told him. Jesse seemed to process his words, running over the option in his mind. His fists clenched at his sides and he looked over to the demon in Julia.

"Get out of her." The chair flew back against the wall and black smoke poured out of Julia's mouth, escaping into the fireplace and up the chimney. Dean dropped to the ground, gasping for breath. He clutched his throat and glanced at Jesse.

"How did you do that?" Jesse shrugged.

"I just did."

"Kid...you're awesome." Jesse ignored him and looked to Cassandra who nodded, sending him a proud smile. Sam watched with intrigue as Jesse ran over to her, wrapping his arms around her waist into a hug. She stumbled slightly and stared down at him in shock before hugging him back.

    "Thank you," Jesse muttered. Cassandra kneeled down to his height and pulled away, holding him at arm's length. She shook her head and furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

    "I don't understand. What did I do?" A small smile tugged at Jesse's lips and he looked up to her in awe.

    "You're like me and you helped me. You're good and I...I want to be like you, Cassandra. I want to be a hero like you." Cassandra's lips parted slightly and she stared back at the child as tears welled in her eyes. Suddenly she pulled him back into a tight hug, holding him close.

    "No. Thank you, Jesse," she whispered. "You did good today, kid. I'm proud of you." She could feel him smile against her shoulder, bringing her own smile to her lips and she closed her eyes. The two stayed like that for a long minute before pulling away. The blonde ruffled Jesse's hair and stood up, wiping away a stray tear.

    "Why are you crying?"  Cassandra laughed and shrugged.

    "Because I'm happy."

~*~

    Jesse glanced over to Julia's slumped figure in the chair, cocking his head to the side as he studied her. "Is she gonna be alright?" Dean followed his gaze and sighed, nodding.

"Eventually." Dean leaned down and picked up the Castiel action figure from the floor, running his thumb over it before looking over to Jesse. "Look, uh, truth is, he's kind of a buddy of mine. Is there any way you could turn him back?"

"He tried to kill me." Dean nodded and cleared his throat, looking to Cassandra for help. She held her hands up in a gesture that said 'you're on your own.'

"Right. Uh. But he's a—he's a good guy. He was just confused." Jesse just stared blankly at Dean who nodded, setting the figure back on the mantlepiece. "Okay. It's been a long night. We'll...talk about it later."

"What now?" Jesse inquired. Dean glanced back at Sam and Cassandra. Cassandra shook her head slightly but Dean simply ignored her and returned his attention to the kid standing before him. Cassandra didn't want Jesse to go with Bobby. She didn't want to ruin his childhood even more and have to give it up for a war that he should have never been brought into. He deserved a normal life, just as she once had.

"Now we take you someplace safe, get you trained up. You'd be handy in a fight, kid," Dean told him with a grin.

"What if I don't want to fight?" Sam sighed and started towards the boy.

"Jesse." Sam took a seat on the couch next to Cassandra, Jesse standing between the two adults and glancing at them. Cassandra's gaze dropped to the floor guiltily. She had no say in what happened to the kid. Sam and Dean would never take her opinion into account. "You're powerful. More powerful than...pretty much anything we've ever seen. That makes you—"

"A freak," Jesse finished. Cassandra sighed.

"To some people, maybe," she said. "But not to us. See, we're all kind of freaks ourselves." Jesse glanced between the three of them.

"I can't stay here, can I?"

"No," Dean replied softly. "The demons know where you are, and more will be coming." Jesse was silent for a few moments, thinking it through. He turned and looked towards Cassandra.

"I won't go without my mom and dad." She nodded and leaned forward towards him.

"There's nothing more important than family. We get that. And if you really want to take them with you, we'll back your play. But you got to understand—it's gonna be dangerous for them, too," she told him. Jesse furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"What do you mean?" Dean sighed.

"Our dad...he would take us with him wherever he went."

"Where is he now?"

"Dead," Sam replied gently. Jesse's face fell. "A demon killed him, just as he killed Cassandra's sister. Just like an angel killed her mother and friend." Jesse glanced over to the Nephilim in sorrow but she only sent him a sad smile. She wished that Sam hadn't brought her into this. The last thing she needed was a reminder of her family and their deaths. Dean walked over and crouched down in front of Jesse.

"Look, Jesse...once you're in this fight...You're in it till the end, win or lose." Jesse glanced between the three of them before his gaze settled on the blonde.

"What should I do?"

"We can't tell you," she said. "It's your choice. It's not fair. I know." Jesse sighed and nodded, glancing back towards the stairs.

"Can I go see my parents? I, I need to...say goodbye." Immediately Cassandra knew what he was going to do. The hesitation in his voice, the way he chose to word everything; he didn't plan on going with anyone and she knew it. But she wasn't going to stop him.

"Sure." She watched Jesse retreat up the stairs, his steps pounding on the wooden boards. Cassandra sighed and leaned back on the couch, closing her eyes.

    "How did you do that earlier? How did you release me from the wall?" Sam asked. Cassandra shrugged, never opening her eyes.

    "I just...did. I wanted you to explain everything to him since you understood more than I do. I figured you'd be the one to get through to him despite the connection we have," Cassandra explained. Dean stared down at her, fumbling with the Castiel action figure on the mantel.

    "And what's that connection?" Cassandra didn't reply. Instead, she got up and walked out of the house without another word. Dean glanced over at Sam who shrugged. "Cassandra?" The door slammed shut behind her.

    The blonde sucked in a sharp breath as she raced down the porch steps, pushing back the tears. She turned and glanced up at the window to see Jesse staring down at her with sad eyes. She lifted her hand into a wave and sent him a smile before disappearing.

Cassy's gone again and it seems Jesse's taken a liking to her. Cassandra loves being around him and has a certain connection, but in the second chapter she told Dean she hated kids. Do you think there's a backstory there? If so, what do you think happened?

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

245K 5.8K 23
(Set in Season 5) ""Guess who else just escaped Hell thanks to your brother?" Bobby replied. Dean glanced back over at Libby with wide eyes. This t...
1K 148 66
Jessica Coleman used to have a normal life. She went to work and lived with her best friend Rachel...life seems pretty okay until Jessica was thrown...
162K 5.4K 41
Y/N was a civilian who lived a pretty straight-forward, boring, apple-pie lifestyle. She was incredibly smart...in fact, despite her being so young...
188K 5.9K 74
Elena hits her head in the roof and is unable to move. She coughs as glass bits crumble to the ground. "Ahh!" She screams in pain. Running feet are h...