Burn It Down || Stilinski ||...

By soulfulstiles

[BOOK ONE] "You have me, okay?" Stiles told her seriously, and then dropped his voice into a whisper. "You'll... More

Rights
Cast
Playlist
Part One
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Important:
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Part Two
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty- Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Question- Titles
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
SEQUEL
IMPORTANT:
I CAN NEVER

Twenty

11.5K 368 361
By soulfulstiles

SIERRA SAT IN THE BACK OF THE JEEP, HER EYES GLASSY AND FACE BLANK.

Her mind only swirled in concern for Lydia. They shouldn't have split up.

Now, Lydia laid unconscious in a field, bleeding and alone. Sierra had no way of knowing if Jackson reached her in time. This was supposed to be a night to remember, but all Sierra wanted to do was forget.

Stiles kept his narrowed eyes on the road, occasionally glancing towards the rearview mirror to check on the brokenhearted girl behind him. His heart ached at the sight of her crying. Both teenagers avoided conversing with the psychotic, murdering werewolf who was calmly sat in the passenger seat.

Accidentally, Stiles huffed which Peter for some reason took as a sign to tell them not to feel bad about leaving Lydia behind. "If she lives, she'll become a werewolf."

Peter didn't see a downside to that, to him it's just a new beta for his pack to make him stronger.

"Yeah and once a month she'll try to rip my throat out," Sierra spat and glared daggers into the back of the man's head.

He deserved to rot in hell, not sit there acting human and respond wittily that it'll be twice a month because Lydia was a female. He directed them to where he had his car hidden, in a parking garage.

Stiles put the jeep in park once they got there and Peter told them to get out.

He roughly dragged the boy by his collar directly to the black vehicle, Sierra following them quickly. She had already left Lydia; she wasn't leaving Stiles. She sassily remarked that there was no way this was his car as the alpha fumbled with his keys. "It belonged to my nurse," Peter stated, more than annoyed with the girl.

"Well, where's she?"

He abruptly lifted the trunk and the couple gasped. The red-headed lady from the hospital the other night laid motionless and her dead eyes stared straight forward as Peter reached in to grab a dark green backpack. His gaze flickered from the scared kids to the woman and shrugged. "I got better."

"Good luck getting a signal down here," Stiles stated and rolled his eyes when Peter handed him a cell phone that had MiFi and pulled out a silver laptop.

"You think you're so cool with your fancy gadgets," Sierra commented, now more frustrated and angry than scared. "Do you recommend Macs to your other psychotic werewolf buddies or do you keep it to yourself?"

Ignoring her presence, Peter instructed Stiles to log on and get connected. Stiles lied through his teeth and stated he didn't know Scott's username or password, and that's what he needed to get onto the computer. The adult wasn't stupid and could tell the spastic teen was lying without even hearing his heart jump.

Stiles persisted which caused the werewolf to latch his claws onto Sierra's wrist tightly. She cried out from the sharp pain as he dug them deeper, sending blood trickling down her forearm. Squeezing her eyes shut, her face contorted and twisted as she tried to think of anything other than how much Peter was hurting her. "I can be very persuasive, Stiles," he said firmly to the boy who stared at him in horror.

Seeing Sierra in pain sent his fingers flying across the keys as he typed in many codes to get the laptop connected. Out of nervousness, he started to blab out questions to which Peter responded vaguely. "Look, if I do this, you have to promise to leave Scott out of it," he stated, locking eyes with Sierra as she struggled to pull her arm out of Peter's grasp. "And let her go."

Peter's claws retracted and he sighed before he looked at the two. He asked if they knew why wolves hunted in packs and explained he needed Derek and Scott to hunt down a bigger prey.

Sierra remarked that Scott would never help a low-life like himself but Peter just let out a creepy chuckle. "Oh, he will. Because it'll save Allison. And you two will, because it'll save Scott. Now, you know his username and password, so type it." Sierra sighed in defeat and gave Stiles a nod to type them in. Unamused at his beta's love for a hunter's daughter, Peter groaned once he found out both were Allison.

"Still want him in your pack?"

When the results from tracking the GPS popped onto the screen, Stiles thought he had made an error. There was no way Derek was being held at his own burnt house. Peter commented that it wasn't at the Hale house, but underneath it. His ears perked at the sound of a loud growl and knew, unfortunately, he's not the only one that knew it existed.

The murderer quickly demanded Stiles for the keys to the jeep and the boy with a buzz-cut handed them over to avoid him getting mad and hurting Sierra again. Instead of taking them, Peter bent the metal in his palm, leading the two to question if he was going to kill them. Peter creepily took a step closer to them, and Sierra stumbled away into Stiles. "I'm not the bad guy here," he stated firmly and Sierra scoffed in disbelief.

"Your eyes turn the color of hell, you rip flesh without a second thought with fangs, and you've killed many people within the past couple of months, but you say you're not the bad guy?! My bad, I guess I confused pyscho werewolf with decent human being," Sierra sarcastically exclaimed and Stiles nervously grabbed her loose hand in his. Once again, Peter didn't acknowledge the girl but instead cast his gaze to the boy beside her.

"I like you, Stiles," Peter replied randomly and Sierra rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, like your opinion matters," she grumbled under her breath.

"Since you've helped me, I'm going to give you something in return," he continued. "Do you want the bite?" Sierra's eyes widened in surprise; that's not where she thought he was going with his statement. Stiles was just as shocked with his jaw dropped and asked Peter in confusion what he said. "Do you want the bite?" Peter repeated, emphasizing the last two words. "It could kill you, but if it doesn't, you'll become like us. " He knew what he was doing; bringing Scott into the equation could easily make Stiles agree out of jealousy. "That night in the woods I picked Scott because I needed a new pack. It could've easily been you. You'll be every bit as powerful as him. No more standing on the side, watching him become quicker and stronger, more popular." He glanced at Sierra. "Watching him get the girl. You'd be equals, maybe more."

Sierra felt her heart stop as Stiles stayed silent-even as Peter slowly grabbed his arm. She couldn't believe he thought about agreeing. Yes, there were a couple of upsides to being a werewolf but the bad outweighed the good. He'd be hunted, lose his mind once a month, probably hurt people either on purpose or by accident...Why hadn't he pulled his arm away?

However, Stiles wasn't looking at Peter. His whiskey eyes were staring at Sierra as soon as Peter brought up getting the girl. He had known her since he was four, and not once had she ever cared that he wasn't popular or that he always sat the bench in lacrosse. Peter struck every one of insecurities but every time he was with the fiery light brunette-or simply heard her name, the anger and sadness he felt towards himself faded away. He didn't need to be a werewolf to feel powerful, because with this girl by his side, he felt like he could conquer the world. Sierra loved him for who he was; human. Stiles jerked his arm down just as the alpha was about to bite him. "I don't want to be like you."

Peter raised his eyebrows. "Do you know what I heard? Your heart slightly beating faster over the words 'I don't want.'" Sierra stepped up beside Stiles, who stiffened at his words, and intertwined their fingers as Peter continued. "You may believe that you are telling the truth but you are lying to yourself. Goodbye, Stiles."

*^*^*^*

After Peter left the parking garage, Sierra and Stiles knew they had to get to the hospital to see if Lydia was alright. Using her phone, she found out they were only a block away which means they could run there. Luckily there was a pair of her old sneakers in the backseat of the jeep so she no longer had to go barefoot. Her wedges were lost when she ran towards Lydia and she had never gotten them back.

When they reached the hospital, they were out of breath and looked like they had made a drunken mistake. Sierra's hair was all over the place and stuck to her forehead while her legs and dress were covered in blood from Lydia (not to mention Peter's claws) and smeared mud. Stiles had lost his tie and coat and the one pant leg that wasn't ripped had a grass stain. They approached the Sheriff, worried out of their minds that the strawberry-blonde didn't make it. "Is she going to be okay?" Sierra questioned shakily, trying to glance around the man to see her.

Sheriff Stilinski turned his head to see Mrs. Martin crying as she sat beside her unconscious daughter behind glass. Lydia's eyes were closed and her arms were stained red in contrast to the white hospital gown as she breathed steadily through the oxygen mask. Sierra immediately dropped her gaze to the floor, not being able to see her friend in that condition. It was her fault that Lydia got injured. "They don't know," he informed them sadly, "because they don't know what happened. She's lost a lot of blood." He goes on to say it's as if Lydia was having an allergic reaction and she keeps going into shock because of that. Hearing this, Sierra's heart rate increased and she tried to regulate her breathing at the news that her friend might die from the bite. "Did you guys see anything?"

"No," Sierra shook her head and her blue eyes glistened as she tried not to cry. Stiles wrapped his arm around her for comfort, though he was freaking out himself. "We-we didn't see anything," he lied to his father. Then the Sheriff brought up Scott and asked if he could've seen anything. Sierra lifted her head from where she had curled into Stiles' chest. "Is he not here?"

Mr. Stilinski was getting frustrated that the two didn't know where the shaggy-haired boy was and said he'd been trying to call him with no response. Sierra and Stiles exchanged knowing glances and tried to stay calm once he told them to wait with Jackson in the lobby. "Dad," Stiles spoke up. "Just tell us, you know it has something to do with Derek."

The sheriff looked at his son in confusion, not remembering when he blabbed about his investigation. He grabbed Stiles by his collar and pulled him away from Sierra to speak with him privately. Sierra sighed and decided to just wait by Jackson until they were finished talking. A couple minutes later, Stiles comes rushing back over to Sierra and latched his hand onto hers. They started to walk briskly out of the hospital, him telling her they had to find Scott. Jackson hurried to catch up with them, demanding to know where they were going. Stiles was reluctant to tell the blonde anything but once he brought up the Porsche, decided he must not be that bad to have around.

Right before they exited the automatic doors, a familiar face caused the teens to freeze midstride. "Kids," Mr. Argent greeted with two of his henchmen behind him and smiled. "I was wondering if you guys can tell me where Scott McCall is."

Sierra, getting the hang of lying on the spot, pursed her lips as she pretended to think. "I don't think I've seen him since the dance, Stiles. Right?"

The spastic boy nodded, "Yup. Last I saw he was dancing with Danny." The pair turned to Jackson but he unfortunately froze under the adult's stare. "Oh, for the love of God," Stiles mumbled under his breath at his teammate's stutter. Chris didn't waste any time and had his men throw Jackson and Stiles into a room but refused to lay a hand on his daughter's friend as she sent him a glare.

"Where is Scott McCall?" He demanded more harshly but the teens refused to open their mouths. Chris grew impatient and pushed Stiles against the door, holding him up by his shirt. Sierra watched with wide eyes; why was everyone pushing him around today? First Peter, then his dad, and now Mr. Argent. Why couldn't he catch a break? Chris asked the boy if he's ever seen a rabid dog and Stiles remarked sarcastically that he hasn't but it was now on his to-do list.

The hunter loosened his grip and told how seeing one was like seeing his old best friend shift during a full moon. He was forced to put a bullet in his head and then asked if Scott had tried to kill him. Sierra and Jackson stayed quiet as Stiles said he had him handcuffed to the radiator, not wanting to be the next one Chris talked to.

"I hate to dispel a popular rumor, Stiles," Mr. Argent replied once the sophomore made a remark about the Hale fire. "But we never did that."

"Oh, right," Stiles nodded, trying to calm his rapid beating heart. "Derek said you guys had a code. I guess no one breaks it."

Argent glanced at the other two teenagers, "Never."

"What if someone does?"

Chris tensed and turned back to the boy he had pinned against the wall. "Someone like who?" he asked sternly.

"Your sister."

*^*^*^*

"Mr. Argent?" Sierra called his name as he drove to the Hale House. "Did Kate really cause the Hale fire?"

Chris looked at his daughter's close friend and let out a sigh. Honestly, what Stiles told him didn't come as a shock. His baby sister was never the one to follow the rules, but breaking the code was crossing a line. They were only supposed to hunt the ones that were raging killers, not ones who were innocent and never harmed a fly. "Sierra, I would like to say that Kate never would do such a thing, but I'd be lying to you and myself."

The dirty-blonde had convinced him to take her with him to where Derek and Scott were mostly likely being hunted by Kate as they spoke. Stiles hadn't been too thrilled but in case Allison was there, Sierra needed to be the one to convince her to stop believing what her aunt had burned into her head. So, she had followed Mr. Argent to his car after giving her best friend a huge hug. While Jackson and Stiles drove the Porsche, they were going to make a quick stop at the school to make more Molotov cocktails in case something bad happened. She sat in the passenger seat of the SUV, her stomach twisting as she thought of them being too late.

Chris parked in the middle of the woods and informed Sierra to stay hidden unless it was absolutely necessary. She did as she was told, avoiding the dead leaves in the dirt and curled her body behind a tree before peeking her head around a corner to watch. The older hunter sternly called out his sister's name, stopping her from lodging a bullet into Scott's brain. Derek was injured, two arrows poking out of his shoulder and leg with another wound that Sierra guessed was from being shot. Allison was down as well, having been pushed by Kate after refusing to kill her boyfriend. "I know what you did," Chris stated, not hiding his disappointment. Scott watched from the ground with wide eyes, continuously flicking his eyes between the siblings as Chris told her to put the gun down.

"I did what I was told to do," the huntress defended.

"No one asked you to murder innocent people," Chris retorted harshly. "There were children in that house, ones who were human. Look what you're doing now." Kate readjusted her grip on her weapon, which made her brother continue. "You're holding a gun in front of a sixteen year-old boy, with no proof he's spilt human blood." His eyes were narrowed and he spoke firmly, not once breaking eye-contact. "We go by the code." He repeated the thing he's heard since he was eighteen in French, which roughly translated to 'We hunt those who hunt us'. "Put the gun down, before I put you down." He pulled out his own gun from his jacket and pointed it towards Kate without batting an eye.

Kate slowly lowered her weapon to her side, still in disbelief that her own brother threatened to shoot her. Sierra continued watching and froze as the front door to the Hale House creakily opened slowly and Allison's father demanded that she get back. Scott quickly got to his feet, covered in leaves, as the two hunters aimed their guns at whoever was lurking inside the burnt building. Everyone slowly started taking steps backwards, including Sierra who revealed her hiding place and stood by Allison's side with wide eyes. The youngest Argent asked who it was nervously, shifting her compound bow in her hand.

Scott narrowed his eyebrows at the door and shifted his eyes to shine amber gold. "It's the Alpha."

All of a sudden, a dark shadow leaped from within the Hale house and everyone turned, trying to find where it ran off. Seconds later, it ran by again, this time knocking Chris to the floor. Then Allison was pushed again, dropping her only weapon while Sierra ended up on her back, facing the stars. Finally, Kate was the only one left standing as Scott was shoved onto his side, caught off guard. "Come on!" she yelled, tired of playing games. Kate kept moving her gun, trying to find where the psychotic wolf was hiding. Out of nowhere, Peter appeared in his human form and grabbed her wrist.

The huntress struggled in his grip, accidentally firing a shot into the air. In one motion, Peter broke her arm and she let out a yelp of pain before her oxygen was cut off by the alpha pushing his hand against her throat. He threw her across the yard and she landed on the front porch hard, feeling another bone break. Kate didn't even have a chance to yell as in a second, Peter was beside her again and dragged her helplessly into the Hale House. Allison scrambled to stand and sprinted from where she had fallen after her aunt.

"Allison!" Sierra shouted in protest and didn't think twice about following her. Scott yelled after his best friend to stop but she needed to make sure Allison didn't get hurt. She raced inside to see Peter across the black room, holding Kate by her throat as Allison stood ten feet away with tears in her eyes.

"She is beautiful, Kate," Peter whispered darkly as he stared at the brunette. Allison tried to put on a brave face as the werewolf said her aunt had a chance to save her and Sierra. "Say you're sorry decimating my family, for leaving me burned and broken for six years," he spat out angrily, the emotion seethed in his voice. Sierra's lip quivered in terror and her hands shook as she tried to stop her chest from raising and falling rapidly. "Say it," he repeated, his claws slightly digging into the huntress' skin. "And I'll let them live."

Scared for her niece's life, Kate closed her dark eyes only for a moment before she shakily said her apology. "I-I'm sorry." Peter clenched his jaw at her words and the two teenagers couldn't do anything to stop him from slashing his claws and breaking her neck within seconds. Allison's tears finally fell from her cheeks as she watched Kate fall to the ground with her jaw slack. Peter shut his eyes and then turned his head to the girls.

"I don't know about you," he breathily exhaled, "but that apology didn't sound very sincere." He walked towards them with his wide eyes narrowed into a psychotic glare. A low growl interrupted him and he scowled at the sight of Scott with his amber eyes and fangs. Derek appeared from the other side of the room, his eyes burning blue and ears pointed.

"Run," Scott told Sierra and Allison, who followed his instructions without hesitation. They dashed across the yard to help Mr. Argent off the grass and rushed to explain what was going on inside. Out of nowhere, a glass window shattered from Scott flying through the other side. Biting back her fear, Sierra ran over to him to make sure he was alright.

After letting out a deafening roar, Peter jumped through the window in his complete werewolf form. He stood over six feet tall, covered in long dark hair and his eyes were the epitome of hell as they gleamed angrily at his beta. He growled and with one claw went to grab Scott. However, Sierra pushed her best friend out of the way, sending him back to the floor. The Alpha wrapped its claw around her throat and lifted her body high into the air. Sierra gasped in surprise, struggling to breathe as she felt blood drip down her fingers while she tried to break his hold.

Peter hadn't wanted to kill Sierra, but he didn't mind making an exception to his plan. Tears rapidly fell from her blue eyes as she was losing oxygen and her heart pounded from her ribcage, desperately begging for and demanding air. Then, the raging werewolf transformed right before her eyes and soon she was staring into the cold murderous face that was Peter Hale. He continued to hold her up in front of the Argents and Scott, using her so they wouldn't attack him. Her fingers and body were slowly becoming numb as he smirked at them. "Try anything and I slit her throat," he threatened menacingly.

Scott felt completely useless as he made eye-contact with the girl who had been with him through everything. "I-It's okay," she whispered in a struggle, only to wince as Peter tightened his grip. Allison stared at the alpha in horror, silently begging her father to do something. A loud growl erupted from behind Sierra and that was the last thing she remembered. His claws dragged along her neck like a knife, slicing her skin as Derek attacked him.

Her hands flew to her neck painfully, becoming coated in dark blood as she fell to her knees with her blue eyes widened from shock. "SIERRA!" Stiles screamed when he saw her drop to the forest floor. Mustering all the strength he had, he launched a Molotov cocktail towards Peter and watched as the alpha was swallowed whole in the red and orange fiery flames. His glistening eyes fell to the girl bleeding out. He couldn't stop his fingers from shaking as he brought her into his lap nor did he try to brush away the tears that clouded his vision. Her eyelids were closed and he hurriedly checked for a pulse, her blood coating his fingers as he yelled for someone to call an ambulance. "Hold on, Sierra," Stiles begged desperately as he held her dearly. "Please, just hold on."

He shakily exhaled at her faint heartbeat as Argent shouted at him to get her to his car. The ambulance would never make it in time and it was Sierra's only chance. Without paying attention to Scott or Derek, Stiles followed the adult crying, trying to walk quickly but carefully with the unresponsive girl in his arms.

*^*^*^*^*

"Get out of the way!!" Doctors yelled urgently as they ran to the people in the hallway, wheeling a gurney as fast as they could. An oxygen mask was over Sierra's mouth to help her breathe while she laid down, her eyes closed and her skin pale. Gauze and tape covered the claw marks on her neck but the blood seeped through the material as if it was a paper towel. Blood soaked her dress and her body was littered with dirt and mud from being in the woods all night. Stiles rushed to follow her past the double doors but a nurse forbid him to go any further.

"You don't understand!" he shouted frustratedly, trying not to break down as Sierra got further and further from his view. "She's my-" At the sight of Mrs. McCall walking through the same doors the dirty-blonde disappeared through, Stiles rushed over to her."Please tell me she's going to be alright," Stiles stated in desperation, his eyes glistening with tears. "I need her to be alright." Melissa gently placed her hand on his shoulder for comfort.

"Stiles, you need to calm down," Melissa told him, trying to not get emotional herself. Sierra was like her daughter and seeing her unconscious on a gurney was something Melissa never thought she'd see. "The doctor's are doing everything they can. She's about to go in for surgery and-"

"Surgery?" The boy whimpered and Melissa winced, knowing she said the wrong thing.

"Yes," she sighed. "Apparently, when she fell, she landed on some glass. We have to get it out otherwise it'll get infected and just get worse."

"But-"

"Mom!" Scott's voice interrupted Stiles' response as he ran up to them, Jackson and Allison still trying to get to the hospital. "What's going on?"

"She's going in for surgery," Melissa repeated calmly, not wanting to upset him anymore than she upset Stiles. Scott's jaw fell slack as his mind processed the information but his mother wouldn't let him feel guilty. "I know this is hard for you both-it's hard for me too- but I need you to sit in the waiting room. Trust me, I'll let you guys know as soon as I know anything."

No words could form from either of the boys so Scott settled with a nod and led a heartbroken Stiles to sit down. "She's going to be okay," he said, trying to convince himself and his best friend that their third musketeer would get better. Stiles literally shook from his seat, his knee bouncing up and down impatiently while one of the people he cared about more than the world could be dying.

"Scott," his voice was hoarse. "I can't lose her, alright? I can't lose Sierra. I need her." Tears started to fall out of his eyes again and Scott pulled him into a tight hug. "I already lost my mom, I can't lose her too."

"She's going to be okay," Scott told him seriously. "She's not going anywhere, you hear me? Sierra is one of the strongest people I know; she isn't going anywhere."

"Jemma is almost here," Stiles sniffled ten minutes later and wiped his nose against his flannel. "Any news on Allison?"

"She's checking on Lydia then she'll be here," Scott told him after reading her text from his phone. The waiting room fell quiet once more, both of them praying with all their hearts that their friends would survive. Scott kept his gaze on the floor as guilt ate away at his insides. He could've protected her. He should've protected her. If he hadn't gotten bitten that night, if he hadn't dragged Stiles and Sierra into his mess....

"I should've been there sooner," Stiles broke the silence, his voice cutting the intense mood of the room like a knife. "I shouldn't have let her go with Argent."

"Don't you dare blame yourself for this," the shaggy-haired teen said sternly before his face fell. "Stiles, it's not your fault."

"Yes it is," he replied dully, staring at the wall in front of them.

"No it's not," Scott persisted, more firm.

"Then why do I feel like this, huh?" Stiles demanded, and faced him. "Why do I feel like my world is ending? Why do I feel as if someone ripped my heart out of my chest and stomped on it?"

"Because you're in love with her," Scott stated without thought and his mind caught up to his realization. "You love her, Stiles." Stiles looked to the floor, feeling like his biggest secret had been revealed.

"How'd you figure it out?" He whispered.

"I always had a gut feeling, but because you're not disagreeing, I'd say my assumption is correct." Scott sat down in the chair next to him, wanting to know more details. "When?"

"It's not like I loved her before I knew what love was, like what you see in movies and books," he spoke softly, not looking Scott in the eye as he fiddled with his fingers out of habit. "It just kind of...happened."

"What do you mean?"

"I had always cared for her, I mean she's my best friend. Before this happened, I noticed I had felt different around her but wasn't sure of what actually had changed. But then one day, I figured it out. We were sitting in the jeep in silence, cause we had to talk about our fight after the school incident. Neither of us wanted to, but it was okay actually. We ended up hugging and I was going to say something to her, but it startled me of how close we were. I could've leaned in and kissed her. We almost kissed at the dance too until Lydia interrupted." Stiles paused with a gulp, but Scott gave a small smile that held encouragement, allowing him to continue. "Anyways, like an idiot I freaked out and pulled away from her. However as she left, she kissed me on the cheek.  I told you in the hallway that she does it all the time, but this time it felt different. Then, tonight we were dancing and I loved how close she was to me. I really didn't want to let her go. That's when I realized everything I had been feeling, was love for her and I honestly don't want it to stop."

"Why haven't you told her?" It was a question out of curiosity that needed to be asked because Stiles now often asked it to himself. The answer was his confession to her would be life-changing, whether Sierra felt the same or she didn't. Stiles didn't know if he was ready for that change. They were at a great place right now, despite all of the supernatural enigmas that occurred. Why would he ruin something so perfect with words he practiced telling her in the mirror?

Fear always clouded his thoughts every time he was close to revealing his feelings, and his anxiety caused his mind to overlook the amazing possibilities and focus on the ones that would destroy him.

He conducted and created these insane reactions Sierra could have if he told her the truth. What if she laughed because she thought he was joking? Granted it was Sierra he was in love with, and she never laughed at him...unless he had tripped or fallen over like he was prone to do. What if she was in love with someone else, like Scott? His heart ached at the potentiality; he couldn't handle watching her love someone else. Holding in his affection hurt already, but watching her kiss and hug a boy that was basically his brother? He couldn't handle it. Just like he couldn't handle her hating him, which was another possibility. She could be disgusted and refuse to ever talk to him again. Stiles had always had her when he had no one, and if she was gone he would lose his mind.

His silence answered the question for the werewolf. Scott could smell the distress and anxiety radiating off of his best friend, who wanted nothing more than to hold the charming light brunette in his arms.

Scott couldn't believe he didn't see it before. The way Stiles always stared at her, even when she wasn't looking back at him, and how it was always full of such pure joy and admiration. Then there's how he freaked out every time she wasn't by his side and was always holding her hand or wrapping an around her shoulder to keep her close. How even by someone saying her name when she herself wasn't there, his spirits would be lifted up and he'd be smiling like he won the lottery. He didn't have to say anything for Scott to realize how much he loved Sierra; there was an undying connection holding him and the dirty-blonde together.

Stiles needed her. Whether it be as a lover or his best friend, he could not live without her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169K 4.9K 25
Stiles drags Scott into the woods to look for a body where he just manages to avoid being caught. He finds his friend getting attacked and bitten by...
7.2K 218 24
Scott McCall has been a werewolf for a few months now, but his life hasn't really gotten any easier since he defeated Peter. His crush still doesn't...
6.3K 188 33
Stiles and Scott have known about the dangers of the world they live in, since Scott became a werewolf, little under 3 years ago. But now the super n...
324K 7.7K 54
[BOOK TWO] Once a deep and powerful connection between two people has been made they become a vital part in each other's lives and there is no separa...