Learning To Love

By AsjaVoo

Aaliyah is a shy, plus sized 18 year old with a big heart and an even bigger crush. Aaliyah's had a crush on... More

Chapter One: Day Dreaming
Chapter Two: Family
Chapter Three: Suit and Tie
Chapter Four: Clumsy
Chapter Five: Flirt
Chapter Six: Ashley
Chapter Seven: They're Playing Basketball Pt 1
Chapter Eight: They're Playing Basketball Pt 2
Chapter Nine: Ice Cream Conversations
Chapter Ten: It Goes Down In The DM's
Chapter Eleven: Study Date
Chapter Twelve: So Close
Chapter Fourteen: Digits
Chapter Fifteen: Beautiful
Chapter Sixteen: I Can Do This All Night
Chapter Seventeen: Meeting Mrs. Mendez
Message from the Author
Chapter Eighteen: Pharaoh's Room
Chapter Nineteen: Issa Date
Chapter Twenty: My Girl
Chapter Twenty One: Antonio Mendez
Chapter Twenty Two: Nice For What
Chapter Twenty Three: Winning Shot
Chapter Twenty Four: Throwing It Back
Chapter Twenty Five: Tea Party
Chapter Twenty Six: Apple Juice and Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chapter Twenty Seven: Fathers Approval
Chapter Twenty Eight: Chills
Chapter Twenty Nine: Jealous
Chapter Thirty: Meeting Amara
Chapter Thirty One: Snow Day Part 1
Chapter Thirty Two: Snow Day Part 2
Chapter Thirty Three: Sleepover

Chapter Thirteen: Trashley

8.6K 511 209
By AsjaVoo

Aaliyah's Outfit ^^^

Monday morning came around and for the first time in months Aaliyah wasn't dreading going to school. She was more than happy to get up and go. And there was only one reason for that. That reason was Pharaoh. They had spent the rest of the day texting after Pharaoh had finished up with Anthony. They would've texted all night but Aaliyah's mom came in around 12 and told her to take her butt to bed.

Throughout the whole conversation neither one of them had mentioned the kiss. Aaliyah was too scared too so she didn't bring it up. And Pharaoh wanted to be able to see her face when he brings up the fact that her lips were so soft and that he wanted to feel them on his again. Aaliyah rolled out of bed and tried to figure out what she was going to wear. She wanted to go for a cute and comfy look.

So she grabbed some black leggings that had a sheer panel going up to her thighs, a white shirt, and her forest green bomber jacket. She went into her bathroom and washed her face, did her brows, got dressed, and then pulled her hair into a ponytail. She didn't feel like straightening it, so she left her hair in a puff like state.

As she went downstairs she realized her parents must have left for work already because it was so quiet. Aaliyah fixed herself a bowl of frosted flakes and then sat at the table to check the time. It was 6:50 and her bus comes at 7:20 so she had a little time to eat and then brush her teeth before leaving. As she was scrolling down her timeline on twitter she got a DM from Pharaoh.

@TheLastPharaoh: Good morning cutie. Hope you slept good last night and didn't dream of me too much.

@QueenAaliyah: Good morning Pharaoh :) I slept really well last night especially since I had zero dreams about you. But I hope you slept well too.

Aaliyah couldn't help but laugh when she pressed send because she knew good and well she was lying. All she dreamt about last night was him. It was like their kiss just kept playing in repeat.

@TheLastPharaoh: Lmao you real funny. But you and I both know I was all up in your dreams last night. And yeah I slept well.

@TheLastPharaoh: But I'll see you at school, Mami. I'm gonna head out now to get Anthony.

@QueenAaliyah: Bet. See you at school.

Aaliyah ate the last couple of bites of her cereal before putting her bowl in the dishwasher. She went upstairs to brush her teeth and get her black Doc Martins. Once she had slipped on her backpack she made her way to the bus stop.

***

Pharaoh and Anthony pulled up to the school with about ten minutes before the warning bell would ring. Before Anthony could open his door, a black Range rover sped into the parking spot next to them. Anthony had to slam his door shut so it wouldn't get taken off.

"Yo, what was that? Which one of these dumbasses pulling in like that?" asked an upset Anthony.

"For real tho. They could've tore up my door driving like that," said Pharaoh as he watched to see who was getting out the car.

Curly burgundy hair appeared from behind the door. When the person stepped into view anthony was pissed.

"Of course it's that annoying ass ex of yours. She probably rushed to get this spot when she saw you pull in."

Pharaoh laughed and said, "Chill bruh. It's probably just a little coincidence. You know these spots be going fast."

"Nigga I know you lying. All these damn spots open. Look around you," said Anthony as he pointed around to all the spots Ashley could've choose.

Pharaoh scrunched up his mouth and made a face before saying, "Yeah I guess you right."

"And now here she go about to tap on the window. I'm not rolling it down."

They watched as she approached the car and tapped on the window. Anthony sat there and looked like the meme of conceited from wild n out. (Also the meme at the top)

"Bruh, just roll down the window," said Pharaoh while trying to roll down Ant's window.

"Nah. I'm not trying to have her hot ass breath all up in my face," he said while rolling it back up.

They went back and forth until Ashley knocked again and Pharaoh was able to get the window down.

"I was starting to think yall didn't want to speak to me," said Ashley with a fake giggle.

"Cause we didn't," Ant said under his breath.

"Um, Hey Ashley. How are you doing this morning?" Pharaoh said trying to make things less awkward.

"Pretty good. I'm just sick of this snow already. Aren't yall?"

"It just started up a couple of days ago, so not really. Winter is my favorite anyway."

"Oh yeah. How could I forget how much you love the snow and winter. We had some fun times last winter ice skating on the pond behind Natalie's house."

"Yeah it was fun until you fell and broke your nail and didn't want to skate the rest of the day. I was there skating with Nat. I can remember it all so clearly," said Ant while trying not to laugh.

Pharaoh rolled his eyes and shook his head. He asked Ashley to back up so he could roll the windows up and get out the car. Once he and Ant were out, Ashley walked over to his side and again congratulated him on the win.

"Thanks Ashley. I appreciate it," he said as they finally made it inside the school.

They unzipped their coats because it was much warmer inside than it was in the snow outside.

"You're welcome. I wish we all could've celebrated together after the game like old times. It was probably weird not going after a win like we used to do."

"We actually did end up going. We didn't see you and Natalie there," said Pharaoh as he scanned the hallways.

"We didn't think you guys were going since we didn't go together or meet up after the game. And I bet it was different going alone to retro's without us huh?" Ashley questioned with a smirk.

As they continued to walk Pharaoh kept searching through the halls for his target.

"We actually didn't go alone," responded Pharaoh.

"Wait, who did you guys go with then? And what are you looking for Pharaoh?" she said with a confused face.

As Ashley rambled on and annoyed him, Pharaoh finally found what he was looking for.

"Aaliyah," he muttered as he saw her and Dom standing by their lockers laughing.

"What did he say?" she asked as Pharaoh sped up past her and Anthony.

"Not what, but who. And he was talking about Aaliyah," Anthony said while laughing.

"Aaliyah? Why would he be looking for her?"

"Don't worry about it. Catch you later Trashly. I mean Ashley." Ant said as he walked away and headed towards Dom

Ashley watched in confusion as Pharaoh went up behind the Aaliyah girl from their class and whispered something in her ear. Aaliyah turned around with a huge smile and Pharaoh pulled her in for a tight hug. The hug wasn't short either. It seemed like Pharaoh was trying to draw it out longer. She couldn't believe Pharaoh was doing all of that in front of her. He must was trying to make her jealous. At least that's what Ashley thought.

"Ashley, what the hell is Pharaoh doing over there with that? And why is Anthony with that other girl?," asked Natalie as she walked up next to her.

"I don't know. But trust and believe I'm going to find out. Come on let's go to my locker, Natalie. 

Hey loves. So sorry for the short chapter. But I wanted to at least give you guys a new chapter since it had been awhile since my last update. Thank you all so much for the positive feedback I am getting. I may have not responded to everyone's comments but just know I see them all and appreciate them all. Some of y'all be having me dying lol. Thank you for reading my story tho and I hope you are all enjoying it so far. Please continue to like, share, and comment. Thanks!!

All Rights Reserved (c) 2015 - by Asja J.

Cover Photograph copyright (c) by Kim Tomacruz Marketplace Designers

All rights reserved. This book or parts there of may not be reproduced in any form, stored in any retrieval system, or transmitted in any form by any means-electronic, mechanical, photocopy, recording, or otherwise-without prior written permission of the publisher, except as provided by United States of America copyright law. For permission requests, write to the publisher.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

215K 6.8K 24
this story is about Rennie she is a short thick girl in high school.. she is in the 12th grade 18years old she is about 163 pounds and 5"4.she is ver...
1.1K 33 17
Aaliyah Coleman is going off to college. While she's there she must deal with the struggles of being a plus sized black girl at her predominately whi...
270K 6.8K 32
19 year old Aaliyah is a quiet girl she only speaks when it's about her 1 year old son Sekani. She lives in a Toxic house hold. But what happens when...
334K 11K 87
BWWM** Seventeen year old aaliyah brown has the hands of an angel and has been gifted with a god given talent for bringing anything to life on a blan...