Unhinged

By grassisass

Each struggling with their own internal issues, 'Unhinged' delves into the minds of young Scott and Mitch, de... More

The Horizontal Plan
Alex
Unspeakable
No.
A Beginning to an End
Inevitable
The CJ-5
Timing
Pet Names
Sweet Sensations
Watched
Problem
I call shotgun

Human Touch

715 66 56
By grassisass

*Scott's POV*

Pitch black, surrounded by nothingness. The emptiness inside closing in, insufferable. 

I was screaming, calling for help. Pure terror was evident in my voice, but no sound escaped. 

A lust for closure, for the panic to stop. But when did hopes and dreams account for anything real?

He was coming towards me, nothing to stop him from hurting me. I couldn't do anything, I was bound to my fears which controlled me. He was tall and much stronger than I, overpowering and overwhelming. 

*Mitchs POV*

I woke up suddenly, my body ready to do something naughty, something I probably shouldn't be doing. I looked at my phone to check the time,  2:37am.

Snack time. 

Perfect time, in the middle of the night. No one around to judge and certainly no one to stop me, not that anyone lived here besides me, myself and I, but thats a whole other story.

I yawned, my arms stretching high above my head, awakening my muscles from their deep, enchanted sleep. I walked out into the kitchen, my bare feet making almost no sound on the floating floorboards. 

The lack of sound emulating from my feet made the small shuddering noises coming from the opposite end of the house blaringly obvious. My head tilted to the side, disappointedly closing the fridge door and making my way through the house. It felt like a horror movie scene; the small helpless protagonist, walking blindly through an almost empty house in the middle of the night, no shoes and nothing to protect themselves with. 

I suddenly realised how much I was over thinking this, remembering that Scott was in the guest room. I opened his door slowly, not sure of what I should prepare myself for, as last time, he was completely butt-ass naked. 

But this was different.

Scott was sitting in the corner of the room, on the floor with his knees brought to his chest and his arms wrapped around his head, shielding himself from....what?

His body was rocking back and forth and he was sobbing, shaking in what seemed like fear. He was talking very quietly, almost like he was begging an unknown force.

"No no please don't. Not again. Please leave me alone, I don't want to -  no no no no no'

His breathing had accelerated and his voice was getting progressively louder, the pleading continuing. 

"Please n-no" Scotts voice hitched as he begged through the sobs. "Just leave me along Char- please"

I couldn't stand here any longer, I didn't exactly know what to do, but there was no way I was going to stand and watch him go through whatever this was. 

"S-Scott?"

As soon as I spoke, Scott jumped up and backwards, hiding his face into the corner of the wall as he screamed. He startled me, my whole body tensing and my eyes widening in shock. 

"Scott it's okay, it's just me, Mitch" I walked swiftly over to him, gently grabbing onto his arm and pulling his body into mine. 

His sobbing didn't cease for close to an hour, just laying in bed, stroking his golden locks as his body shook silently. I didn't know what was going on in this boys head, but he was worth sticking around for. 

"I really should stop making this a habit" Finally, Scott spoke, however, it left me more confused than I was before. 

"Stop making what a habit baby?" I should stop with these pet names, but he is so loveable.

"Having to make you come and save me" He sounded disappointed in himself, as if he had let me down.

"Scott, you didn't ask me to 'save' you, not once. It was just a happy coincidence that I was here, and for the record, I'm glad I was. Do you want to tell me what was going on though? I get if you don't want to, I just don't understand." My voice was small and wary.

Scott gulped, contemplating his next thought. 

"I didn't even realise you walked in Mitchy. I was so wrapped up in my own thoughts, that I didn't even hear you, nor see you." He took a breath, slowly warming up to confessing what was really going on. "This is going to sound really lame, but I could of sworn he was here. He was coming towards me, like he used to. I just felt so helpless, and I was so scared. I couldn't move. I was stuck, just sitting there, waiting for the inevitable."

My brows furrowed, who did he think was here?

"No ones here to hurt you honey. But who did you think was here?"

"Charles..."

Charles? I certainly didn't know a Charles, and in the couple of days I had known Scott, the only outsider name he had uttered was Alex, and Alex is very different to Charles. Maybe I should talk to Alex, he might know who this guys is, and what I should do?

"I'm not ready to talk about Charles, Mitch. I'm sorry." 

"No its okay Scott. You don't have to tell me anything, but I am here to listen if you need me to."

I didn't need to see his face to know he was smiling. He snuggled his head further into my chest, arms wrapped around my body, making butterflies erupt in my stomach. Every time he moved a muscle, those butterflies would dance, making me feel a little guilty for enjoying this moment.

------------------

*Scotts POV*

I woke up to the smell of coconuts, soon realising it was Mitch's hair. 

Mitchs hair?

Why am I smelling Mitch's hair?

Then it came back to me. We must of fallen asleep together when he was cradling me, although during the night, positions seemed to have changed, and now I was, rightfully, the bigger spoon, holding Mitch's small body in mine. This was cute. He was cute.

We were cute.

Well, we were cute when I wasn't having a mental breakdown, which lately, isn't that often. 

I didn't want to disturb him, so I laid as still as possible, watching as his tiny frame lifted up and down to his heartbeat. It was a peaceful morning, the wind whispering softly and hummingbirds flying past the window every so often.

If we were birds, Mitch would be a hummingbird, allusive and hard to catch.

What would I be? I would be a -

Mitch stirred quietly, I stopped breathing momentary, not wanting to wake him.

Too late. 

He turned around to face me, our bodies being closer than ever before. 

"Good morning" 

Mitch sweet voice bringing me out of my bird thoughts. He was much more important.

"Good morning sleepy"

"Wow such a cliche, you couldn't think of anything else?" 

W*w.

"Wow okay then, good morning sass pot"

"Much better, we'll work on your greetings shall we. We need original, we need fierce and we need it now!"

"I'm not quite sure how you have this much energy when you woke up 0.2 seconds ago Mitchy, but I can't keep up with you. How about we go back to sleep? Sleep sounds so good right now"

"I'm kinda like a bird you know, always hovering around, so much energy and no one can stop me. Kinda like a..."

"Hummingbird" I whispered.

"Yeah! A hummingbird! We're so in sync"

"We are the band NSYNC"

"I think what I love about us is our synergy"

"Its so real"

"Its real"

"It feels-" He cut me off.

"Its visceral, I wanna say"

"Its visceral"

A hummingbird landed on the windowsill, perfectly timed, as though in a movie or a book.

"I'm gonna take that nap I was talking about" I just wanted to sleep, with Mitch in my arms and Mitch on my mind.

"That sounds like a good idea Scotty. Hope you don't mind me staying here?" His tone suggested an open question, one that I was more than willing to answer.

"Of course not, just like you, Im always here for you."

Hey guys! I just finished my trials (which is why I haven't been writing) but hopefully I'll be updating more often. Im still posting loads on my social media accounts and my YouTube so definitely check those out! I love you so much, don't forget to vote and comment ❤️

Kayla xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 4.5K 31
Scott's whole life is changed in the space of two hours. He's at a conference while his fiancé is pregnant and out visiting a friend. Samantha ends u...
64.8K 2.7K 8
Two years after Mitch went off to London and Scott seems to have his life together. He has a wonderful job, a singing channel, and fiancé who would d...
4.1K 196 1
After years of being told what to do and how to act and what to wear and who to be friends with, after years of not being able to be themselves in th...
12.4K 518 16
Scott is a hard-core believer in true love. How could he not be, considering all the successful relationships surrounding him? His parents are going...