Grey Matter- JO MFZ [COMPLETE...

Da bandkid2001

Just another story when a awkward, nerdy boy meets a beautiful girl. Altro

Prologue
Chapter 1; News
Chapter 2; Dr. Miller
Chapter 3; Apologies
Chapter 4; Punishments
Chapter 5; Meeting Everyone
Chapter 6; Wouldn't Hurt
Chapter 7; Rides
Chapter 8; Science Center
Chapter 9; Shopping
Chapter 10; Dinner
Chapter 11; The Beach
Chapter 12; Jukebox
Chapter 13; Presentation
Chapter 14; Not the Same
Chapter 15; Oppertunities
Chapter 16; Team
Chapter 18; Beaten
Chapter 19; Dollhouse
Chapter 20; Insecure
Chapter 21; Daddy's Gone
Chapter 22; Fourth of July
Chapter 23; The Next Day
Chapter 24; Does he?
Chapter 25; First Kiss
Chapter 26; Egg
Chapter 27; Date
Chapter 28; We're...
Chapter 29; Beach House
Chapter 30; Day 2
Chapter 31; Why?
Chapter 32: Hospital
Chapter 33; Amnesia
You Decide!
Chapter 34; You What?!
Chapter 35; Can We Talk?
Epilogue

Chapter 17; Sunsets

1.9K 192 81
Da bandkid2001

Johnny's POV

I enter the living room. Surprised to see Mackenzie sitting on the couch. She looks up and smiled at me.

"Hi John," Mackenzie greets.

"Hello Mackenzie," I greeted taking a seat next to her. "May I ask why are you here so early?"

"I was sleeping over last night and Lauren's still asleep," Mackenzie responded.

I nodded and stand up, turning towards her. "Would you like some breakfast?" I offer.

Kenzie nodded and joins me into the kitchen. I go into the pantry and grab some bagels, popping them into the toaster.

"Would you like a coffee or something?"

"Just water please," Kenzie said shyly.

I nodded and got her a cup of water doing the same for myself. I sit down at the counter and twiddle my thumbs awkwardly. Mackenzie sat there on her phone texting.

"Want to go the beach today?" Mackenzie offered.

I shake my head, "sadly I'm going to decline. You know how much I dislike the beach," I say.

She gives me a look and laughs. "Come on John! Please!" Kenzie begged.

"Kenzie I don't think it is the right place for me. Especially because of Brandon," I explain.

"John, you can ignore Brandon. Besides he's out of town for the day. So it's just us," Mackenzie explains.

"Still Mackenzie, I am still the odd ball out of everyone. I don't think it's great for me to go to the beach with everyone."

"You went with us like two weeks ago! Come on John! Please!" Kenzie begged.

I groaned knowing she won't stop begging me. "Fine I'll go."

-

I pulled up and parked the car. Everyone runs out with everything we had packed. Coolers, towels, pool noodles, floats, etc.

I groaned and walk out with them. I follow them to where they wanted to sit. We set everything down and put out the towels and chairs.

Everyone runs out to the ocean while I stay behind. I sit in the chair looking out at the ocean and the people. Squinting because the sun was in my eyes.

I watched as everyone enjoyed themselves. Enjoyed the beach, and the water and the sand. While I... I just sat there. Coming up with equations in my head to solve.

"John."

I look up and see Mackenzie standing in front of me. She's wearing a black and teal bikini, her hair is already wet and dripping with the salty water.

"Yes Mackenzie?"

"Are you coming into the water?" Mackenzie asked.

I shake my head no.

She groans and takes a seat next to me. "How many times do I have to tell you, we like having you here!" Mackenzie exclaims.

"No, I know that. It's just, when I was younger, I had gone to the beach with my family and I almost drowned to death in the tide. Also there's an average of sixteen shark attacks a year in the US. It may seem low, but I'd prefer not to be one of them," I explain.

Mackenzie nods and gives me a look. Knowing what the look means, I nod. Allowing her to place her hand on my knee.

"John, forget about the sharks. You're going to be fine. And plus, now you're bigger. You won't drown in the tide. I promise, now please come with us," Mackenzie begged.

I sighed and stood up, "fine I shall go. However, I should let you know, all this change you've placed upon me these past few weeks, I do not like it and find my self at a great level of discomfort."

"That's apart of making friends sweetie," Mackenzie smiled.

We walk together towards the water and I carefully enter it. Feeling tense when I step on the shells and seaweed, with the sand squishing under my feet and in between my toes.

As I got further in I meet up with everyone else. I stand there uncomfortably with my arms hovering above the water.

"Hey, you finally got him to come into the water!" Lauren declares.

"It was hard but, I did it," Mackenzie laughs.

I rolled my eyes and listened as they talked. It was nothing bad really, I don't like to listen to their conversations. Mostly because, they're not my kind of conversations.

-

I'm sat on top of a rock. Staring out to the ocean. It's about 7:30 currently, the sun is starting to set. It's beautiful.

The sky is an orangey-red and teal color. It's absolutely stunning. I cannot get over it.

"John"

I turn and see Mackenzie standing behind me. She gives me a weak smile and sits next to me.

"What are you doing?" Kenzie questioned.

"Watching the sunset," I answer.

"It's beautiful," she mutters.

I nodded and let out a small sigh. "You know, no two sunsets are the same. So the way I see it, you need to watch every sunset. Because, you're never going to see one just like this again."

She turns to me with a big smile. "That's like the greatest thing I've ever heard," Kenzie states.

"You say that about everything I say."

"It's true though, everything you say is great," Kenzie smiled. "Half the stuff you say I haven't even heard before."

"Well no offense but, is anyone else you know as intelligent as I am?"

Mackenzie giggles and shakes her head no. "I have idiots as friends. I mean don't get me wrong, they're smart, but, not super smart," Kenzie explains.

"I know what you mean," I say. "I must say though, everyone here, they've given me a sense of reality. What it's like to have friends, I must admit it is very nice."

"That's great John," Kenzie says happily.

I nodded and looked out at the sunset. I smiled, I mentally take a picture of it. Wanting to remember it, and this day forever.

Hey guys so I know last chapter got 100 votes in one day! Which is freaking awesome. I just haven't had the time to update.

I'm working on so many things and it's just been crazy so I'm sorry. I'm writing, or at least trying to write like three stories rn but, I'm currently doing one which so far I'm liking a lot.

I also have a surprise for you guys too but, I won't say it for awhile so sorry gotta wait.

Also I'm making a new cover for the story. Lmk which you like more

Get this story to 110 votes and 60 comments for the next update

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerร  anche

731K 64.5K 36
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...
52.1K 696 33
Luna Roberts is a photographer in LA. She lives with her best friend Avani. one day she was taking pictures and dropped her camera, and it ended up b...
1.3M 4.6K 81
โ๐‹๐€๐ƒ๐ˆ๐„๐’ ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐†๐„๐๐“๐’, ๐‡๐„๐‘โž โ†ณ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, i made a book about tiktok girls because i also like girls. this is wlw/ lesbian book! *t...
1.1K 56 28
20, soon to be 21 year old Singer Nessa Barrett ends up meeting one of her fans at tour, but little does she know shes gonna fall in love and have to...