Young Justice One Shots

By emqress

A series of young justice one shots and imagines written by yours truly. start: 29/08/16 end: --/--/-- [YOUNG... More

WELCOME
Robin {Tim} x Reader ✅
Kid Flash x reader✅
Impulse x Reader✅
Robin {Dick} x Reader✅
Superboy x Reader✅
Robin {Tim} x Reader✅
Red Arrow x Reader ⚠️ ✅
Nightwing x Reader✅
Robin {Jason} x Reader✅
Kid Flash x Reader✅
Joker x Reader ⚠️✅
Kid Flash x Reader✅
Bluebeetle x Reader
Nightwing x Reader
Shazam x Reader
Red Arrow x Reader
Nightwing x Reader
Aqualad x Reader
Robin {Dick} x Reader
robin {tim} x reader
Kid Flash x Reader
Superboy x Reader
Icicle jr x Reader
⇊ NEW SUBMISSION FORM ⇊
Aqualad x Reader
Impulse x Reader
Superboy x Reader ⚠️
Taking a break...
Season 3
Aqualad X Reader
Artemis x {fem} reader
BRION MARKOV + preview
New YJ Fics
Robin {Jason} x Reader
Arsenal x Reader
Requests
A/N: 20/04

Nightwing x Reader

8.6K 267 117
By emqress

A/N:  HOLY SCHNITZELS  we reached  48K, last time I checked we had 18!!!!!!! That's awesome so thanks guys

And without further ado,

Requested by: @everyone-who-requested-for-nightwing

"How desperate do I look to you?"

"You've passed your thirties Dick, you're getting old and it's time you settled down" Bruce said firmly as he
drank his morning coffee. He was slowly approaching his late fifties yet he didn't look a day over forty.

"Damian take those off and tell your brother to stop being so stubborn." He scolded his youngest son who didn't hear him over his headphones. He turned to Dick again. "All you have to do is meet the girl, there's no commitment, really!"

"What do you have to lose? Thirty minutes of your life and three dollars for the coffee?" Tim winked at his stunned brother.

"I can't believe you're on his side!"

"What are you on about?" Jason walked in, shrugging off his cloak and hanging it near the door.

Tim turned to face Jason. "Bruce is trying to set old Dick up on a date."

Jason grabbed a piece of buttered bread of the table and took the end seat of their large dining table."So, what's this girl like?"

"Oh! I'm glad you asked." Bruce smiled warmly at Jason and then cast a dirty look at Dick. "Her name is (Y/N), she's a very nice girl, lives in the better part of Gotham, not that it matters. I had already spoken to her about you and she agreed, of course, and she's waiting for you to call her."

"Oh, for fuck's sake. Give me her bloody number, I'll text to her, maybe that'll shut you up."

"Watch your mouth, young man!" Bruce scolded.

Dick smirked. "Five minutes ago you said I was old." He pulled out his phone ad furiously clicked the screen.

Bruce carried on eating his breakfast hearing Dick mumbled to himself angrily once in a while as he ate his third helping of bacon and eggs. He could hear "private life" and "hysterical old men" thrown in.

"How about getting a haircut for the date?" Bruce started pestering Dick again, and Tim was now sure it wasn't going to end very well. Dick was known for his impatience.

"Bruce..." he warned, but it was too late.

Damian's ears perked up in interest. "A date? You've been here for three days and you already have a date? Who set you up this time? Stephanie?"

He turned to Tim, but be shook his head. But when Bruce confirmed that it was him, Damian's eyes shone with glee. He looked as if his birthday had come early. After all, it wasn't every day that you got to watch Dick  blush. "Father set you up? You must be really desperate."

"What is wrong with getting a girl's name from your me?" Bruce called out. "You went out with that girl Barbara set you up with!"

Dick remembered that girl Barbara  had tried to matchmake him with. For a while Barbara and Stephanie had been obsessed with finding him the perfect girl. Every time he came over for a visit he'd gone out with a girl or two.

"We all saw how that went out" retorted Dick. "I really should stop going to blind dates. They all end up being lunatics."

"What was wrong with Anna?" asked Barbara as she joined the conversation. "She's really nice, smart, athletic, very pretty..."

"And she's insane"

"What are you on about? She's dead smart, she went to Yale!"

"So? She's still a crazy. She's vegetarian."

Barbara  looked offended. "I didn't know being a vegetarian makes you crazy."

"I'll tell you why she's crazy! She's a vegetarian because she can't stand animals!"

Tim nearly choked over his mountain of pancakes. "Yeah, that's crazy" he said after he calmed down from his coughing fit.

"Animals make her sick and she can't stand thinking about eating them. She won't eat dairy products as well, because it comes from the cow and that-" Dick  paused to take a bite of bacon.

"-Makes her sick." Tim finished the sentence for him.

"Oh, I forgot to say she eats cheesecakes, 'cause she likes it."

"Oh," was all Barbara could utter. And then the whole table erupted with laughter. After a few moments Barbara joined them; it was hard not to.

For a while Dick kept telling them funny stories about his dates and Tim couldn't stop laughing - some of the girls were so crazy. Nearly hyperventilating, he choked "Well, at least you had a laugh." And then he was off again.

"So, what did you write to her?" asked Jason from the other side of the room.

Dick swallowed his own bite and shrugged. "It really doesn't matter, just a bit of small talk. I hate it, but that's part of the rules of dating. She'll answer me in two days anyway because she can't look too easy."

Damian looked up from his own plate of sausage an eggs and turned toward him. "Rules for dating? You're kidding." He looked at Barbara. After all, Barbara did know everything.

"Sure there is." Barbara dismissed it with a wave of her hand. "You chat by text for a bit, it could take a week because you have to look like you're busy and have a life so you don't answer right away. Then you meet for coffee and if it's going well the guy will contact the girl two days later to set another date."

Bruce had to smile, Barbara sounded just like when she was Batgirl.

Two hours later most of the family were out of the kitchen and Bruce too was about to leave when he heard the notifications go off on Dick's phone.

To offer his son some privacy, he busied himself with his newspaper. When he turned back and looked at him, he wore the most peculiar expression.

"That was quick. Did she turn you down?" He asked with a frown.

Dick remained quiet; he just smirked and handed over his phone. Bruce took the phone from his hand and found Dick's first message.

Hello Y/N,

I've heard wonderful things about you from Bruce.

Below it was (Y/N)'s reply:

It's all lies.

Bruce lifted his eyes from the phone. "Hey, she took your line."

I know nothing about you, only that you have dark hair and blue eyes. I'm not much into texting with small talk. Want to meet for Coffee and talk?

Bruce smiled. "One thing's for sure, she's never read Barbara's book about the laws of dating."

Dick snorted into his cup of tea and soon both of them were laughing uncontrollably again. That's how Tim found them and it took him five minutes to calm Bruce down.

The family had once again gathered for dinner which was a rare occasion seeing as they each had their own homes to go to.

Jason liked the fact that everyone was happy. To his right Stephanie and Damian were talking about the supercomputer and what updates they could get. Jason was about to join them so he could explain how the Supercomputer really needed to be replaced when Dick walked in.

All eyes in the room turned to watch him. Dick  ignored them and settled in to a seat. It was quiet for a minute.

Barbara was the first to crack. "Well, how was it?"

Jason moved forward eagerly on his seat. He could see that he wasn't the only one. Dick stayed quiet.

"That bad? Was she really ugly?"

"Actually, it went okay" Dick said after a moment of consideration.
"She's not ugly, Jason. Very pretty, actually. And she has a very nice pair of-" he trailed off at the angry looks from Stephanie and Barbara. "Eyes."

Jason smirked but said nothing. He could see Bruce hiding his own smile. Dick went quiet again and Jason became impatient. "And?" he prompted.

"She laughed a lot, so I guess it's a good sign, right?" Dick scratched his head nervously. "I had a great time, she's funny. I'm not sure if we'll end up as a couple but I'm sure I'd like to keep her as a friend."

"That's a good base for a relationship."

"Wow Jason, that was deep. Too bad Cassie isn't here to hear these words of wisdom" Tim teased him. "I hate to say it, but he's right. How long was the date that you decided so quickly she's friend material?"

"I'm not sure. We met at for Coffee at about nine, got kicked out at around midnight when they closed the place, then walked for a couple of hours in Gotham."

Tim had to laugh "Five hours on your first date? That's against the laws of dating. Well, if it turned out so well why aren't you happy?."

"Well, let's think...I'm thirty-two, I'm unemployed and I live with the guy who took me in twenty-five years ago. I'm not really a catch."

Bruce frowned, it really wasn't like Dick to be so insecure, though he did have a point. "Did you tell her all that?"

"Of course I did, she said it's good because no matter what my next job is, she can always say she's the reason of my success." He winked at his stunned brother. "We meet again tomorrow. We had a little argument about who's going to pay the bill. At the end she said she knows a good restaurant-"

This time Tim couldn't keep quiet, though Dick knew she tried hard not to interfere. "You have a real rule-breaker here Dick. First she answers your text right away, then you have a five-hours long date, during which you make a second date instead of waiting a bit. And on your second date you meet in a restaurant?"

"Well, she really likes food. We spent most of the date talking about it." Dick grinned nervously. "She said she's a good cook and, well, you know, I'm a Grayson. Can't say no to anything involving food."

"And you know what they say, if she likes food then she's good in bed" Jason smirked. 

It has been three weeks since his and (Y/N)'s first date. Since then they'd met every second day, been to three really good restaurants, sat with some of his friends for drinks at a bar and walked endlessly around Gotham. And still he hadn't kissed her. Not that he didn't want to. Really, he was dying to kiss her.

Most people thought he was very self-confident and they were right, he was sure of himself in many aspects and never worried about sharing his opinion or joking about himself. But when it came to intimacy with girls he really liked he was very shy. That he kept to himself, no one really needed to know that he was too scared to make the first move. Well, no one except Barbara.

"She's lovely."

Dick looked to his side where Barbara was taking a bottle of beer from the bar. Damian was celebrating his eighteenth birthday and Bruce had thrown a party with all of his family and friends.

Everyone was loud and drunk as much as they wanted. Dick  himself was now pouring a shot of whiskey into his beer. He looked over to where (Y/N)  was standing, talking animatedly to Stephanie. "Yes, she is." He smiled and took a sip from his drink.

"Your parents would love her." Barbara  smirked at Dick's scowl. "But if you're not going to kiss her soon then you're entering the friend's zone."

"Babs-" he started, but she cut him off quickly.

"Seriously. She's great and you work together well, I can tell that. But if you don't kiss her senseless soon you'll lose her. She's not going to wait forever, you know." Barbara opened her bottle and sipped slowly, still glaring at him. "She's not like the other girls you used to date and if you mess it up I'll be really pissed. Ah! No more talk from you. You're going to call me tonight and tell me you kissed her, no matter the time. If you don't, by Superman's pants I swear I'll take you by the ear and throw you at her. Understood?"

She sounds so much like Bruce, Dick thought, it was scary. "Alright, no need to shout" he mumbled and she stalked away, still casting angry glances at him.

He stood there for a while, deep in thoughts.

Dick bade her farewell and walked away in a daze. Was she always this annoying? He wrapped his arms around (Y/N) and buried his face in your hair. You smelt like cookies mixed with a bit of apple. He could feel you tense and then relax.

"You okay?" he whispered softly to your ear. He could feel your head moving in a slight nod. You were talking with Stephanie.

"Are you bored already?" She asked.

"Of course." He smirked and kissed your cheek.

Stephanie huffed and muttered "Waynes" under her breath before disappearing into the crowd.

"You look nervous" Dick observed. His arm was on your back and he offered you his drink. You declined of course.

"Of course I'm nervous I've just met your family for the first time. And I'm not a fan of big noisy parties," You confessed before leaning into him. "But your brother's girlfriend is really nice, everyone is nice, actually, I just don't remember their names and ties."

Dick looked around them, he could see Bruce dancing with Selena: they were laughing about something. Barbara and Jason moved closer to them, Jason said something to Bruce and they all laughed. Next to them he saw Tim dancing a very strange dance with his Stephanie. Stephanie seemed to enjoy it though, somehow. Suddenly, Dick felt very alone in this big party.

"Want to go home?" he asked softly. At your nod he took you to your apartment in the outskirts of central Gotham. They stood at the staircase for a while in awkward silence. He knew he should say something, probably kiss you, but couldn't.

"Cat got your tongue?" You teased him lightly. He laughed and suddenly your lips were on his earlobe. His laughter turned into a groan.

"I don't think I should find a job, I'd would rather stay like this forever."

This time you laughed, a throaty deep laugh, much different from the snorty ones you used usually. Dick wasn't sure how it happened. He remembered you kissing him but somehow you two moved from the stairwell to your couch. You were straddling him and your hair tickled his face when his hands roamed all over your body.

Hours later Dick remembered he promised Barbara to call her. He used your phone, hoping you wouldn't mind, as you were now sleeping on the sofa.

Barbara was expecting him, he could tell. She was sitting alone in her kitchen with a cup of tea.

"Well?"

"We made out, I hope you're happy now." He tried to growl, but couldn't keep the smile off his face.

"She kissed you, didn't she?" She could sense his blush at his silence as and she threw her head back and laughed. "Oh, this is great, you understand this goes into my blackmail material, yes?"

Her laugh was scary, but Dick couldn't really dwell on it. He had to go and cuddle with someone now, didn't he?

There was no doubt, this was the best party he'd ever attended.

A/N:  4 WEEKS OF SUMMER YAY! (you guys get like two months or something overseas right?)

My computer seriously lags.

I was thinking should I do a Q/A + my life book where you guys ask me questions maybe even a face reveal if you guys want to witness a mutt in its natural habitat.

Please comment and vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

489K 11K 66
Just a random book of Young Justice imagines I'll be doing. I'll take any requests if people leave any, but for now, I'll do whatever characters I ca...
56.5K 2.3K 29
i hear my heart breaking tonight, do you hear it too? ━━━━━━ dc's young justice wally west x fem!oc © keupid cover made by @bayports
271K 5.9K 33
After becoming completely obsessed over Young Justice and getting this idea from others, I've decided to make my own series of Young Justice one shot...
11K 277 29
Bascally just a book full of young justice one shots and other things about the show that pop into my mind that i think would make a good story