Open Your Eyes \\ TeenWolf

By wondersland

❝Everyone's masks crumble around me, whether they let them consciously or not, they just always do.❞ \\extend... More

Open Your Eyes
How It Began
Bargain With A Beast
Awkward first meeting
Cupcakes And...Howls?
Not Tonight
The Blame Game
Unexpected Visit
Lunatics
Rain Check
Close Calls
Windows And Doors Are Not The Same Thing
Observing
Misunderstandings Of Demon Blood
Coffee Can Be A Real Pain Sometimes
Early Morning Pickup
Don't Fool Yourself
Doctors Visit
Sometimes The Truth is Uglier
A Visit and A Few Promises
Sequel

Just My Imagination

12K 331 51
By wondersland

Claire:

I wake up and blink a couple times till my eyes focus to the morning light. With a yawn I go to rub my forehead, but stop and pull a sticky note off of it instead.

Heard you come home late so Stiles gave me a ride try not to drool at work today. --Scott

"Assbutt." I mutter sleepily, as I crumple the paper up and get out of bed. I shower and change quickly in an attempt to make up time.

I glance over at the clock and nearly trip over myself grabbing all my stuff and rushing downstairs. The last thing I need is to be late on my second day.

▪▪

Glancing down at my phone I notice that its already time for me to go home. I gather up everything before heading out of my office.

"Bye, Claire." I hear a familiar voice say from behind me. I smile at the short blond nurse with overly excited brown eyes. We met this morning after having almost accidentally knocked over her redbull when I rushed in.

I'm glad I didn't though because I know how my mom gets when she works a late shift only to have to come in early the next day. And I'm sure dropping her energy drink would have put me on the receiving end of an ear full of something not so good.

"Bye Ana see you tomorrow." She waves at me before heading down the hall.

Turning the other way I start heading towards the exit. Not even taking ten steps I get the really creepy feeling that I'm being watched so I stop mid-hallway. Not again. . .

This has been happening to me all day, and I'm beginning to think that it's more than just my imagination. But I can't seem to catch whoever it is, it's probably Peter seeing as how he did creepily say 'I'll be watching you.'

To be honest though I don't think I want to catch him, or anyone else for that matter, watching me. Because one, that's just creepy on so many levels, and two I know they'll probably see me tripping or singing to myself.

Cautiously I turn around expecting to see some of the staff or even a patient, but the hallway is completely empty. I rub my arm nervously as I shift uneasily from leg to leg.

I'm probably just tired or something, I mean really what kind of person goes around watching people in hospitals...well besides doctors and nurses.

Making it home with no other weird feelings I make it just in time before my mom heads off.

"Claire I'm just heading off for a bit to work till Scotts conference tonight." She tells me. I sigh and frown slightly. This is exactly how shes always been; always having to work so much to pull the three of us through.

"Mom you don't have to work so much now that I'm here to help." I reassure, squeezing her shoulders gently. But I already know that she won't give in that easily. "Okay fine, work all the hours you want but I'm choosing what to help pay." I continue.

Now its her turn to sigh. "How do I know that you won't give up even if I say no."

I grin in victory. "Because mom, us McCall are too stubborn some--more like all of the times." I hear my phone beep and I pull it out checking the message. Texting back I yell out to my mom who's heading to her car. "Scott says he'll meet you at school."

She nods then waves before driving off to work. Turing around I head back inside. Locking the door I head upstairs to finish some paper work. In other words skype with some friends while attempting to not leave everything till the middles of the night.

Procrastination does not have a cut off age, or atleast I haven't gotten to it yet.

▪▪

Shutting my laptop close I finally stand up and stretch. "That only took." I glance behind me at the clock "Four hours." Nonetheless, I'm happy with the fact that they're making an effort to talk to me.

When I left I didn't know what to expect seeing as how they're all older then me and most of them are married or soon to be.

And now add to the fact that I have some creep of a guy, who's making everyone believe he's in a comatose state, watching me. I don't exactly know what to expect in my life now either.

My phone starts ringing from my bed and I go over to grab it. "Hey mom, is everything okay?" I ask, as I leave my room and head downstairs.

"Hi Claire. Yes it's just that I tried calling your brother and he doesn't pick up is he by any chance with you?" She grumbles into the receiver. Word of advice if you want to survive in this world don't, and I repeat don't, have any missed calls from your mother.

"No mom sorry." Looks like someone just dug their own grave tonight.

She sighs, clearly annoyed with the fact that she can't find Scott. "It's alright but I have to go its my turn in."

"Alright bye mom." I hang up just as I sink onto the couch. Scrolling down my contacts I quickly start typing.

If I were you I'd get myself down to my conference before mom decides to shave half of your hair in the middle of the night.

Hitting send I reach out and grab the remote. I really have no doubt in mind that she would shave off half of Scott's hair. Now I'm tempted to give her the idea just to see how funny it would look.

After about an hour of watching supernatural I shut the tv off. I yawn and stretch my hands up, making my way over to the kitchen. I need some sleep so bad right now its not even funny.

I go to flick off the light, but stop when I hear a rustling noise outside the kitchen window. My mind instantly starts to go into hyperdrive as the sound gets louder. 

Please oh please do not be a cat, anything but a cat. It's not that I hate cats, but more like I'm semi afraid of them.

Don't judge okay. It all happened when I was fourteen. Scott and Stiles, well probably mostly Stiles, had the brilliant idea on several occasions to lock random cats in my room. So you could imagine how irritated, peeved off, and scary looking they were when I opened the door.

Glancing up my eyes widen when there met with a pair of bright red eyes. I let out a gasp of surprise and probably fear too. Okay I take it back I'd prefer a cat now.

I immediately press my back up against the wall. Trying to get as much space as possible away from the window that seems way to large at this given moment.

Whatever it is just keeps on staring, almost as if it's studying me. But that can't be right it's probably just my imagination, right?

Next thing I know in the blink of an eye. It's gone.

"What the?" I rub my eyes with the palms of my hands and look back up. I'm greeted by a whole lot of nothing except for a view of the fence outside.

That's it Claire your going crazy. I mean honestly you probably imagined the whole Peter being a monster thing yesterday. The poor man has been stuck in a comatose state for over six years, and I'm over here thinking that he can change into some wolf creature.

Content with my thoughts, I let out a short relieved breath. This is probably the only moment that I'd prefer to be bonkers rather then actually be seeing something...unnatural. I flick off the lights before heading up to my room. "I must just be tired."

Walking into my room I quickly turn on the light and shut my door behind me. I change into my pjs, and that's when I notice it.

My heart starts to race and I clutch the nearest weapon next to me, which just so happens to be my desk lamp.

Alright, that's definitely not just my imagination.

I bite my lower lip nervously and walk over to my open window. Normally this wouldn't freak me out, but the problem is I'm one hundred percent sure that I didn't leave my window open.

My mind races for an explanation and the only other one I can think of is that maybe Scott left it open for some reason. Since I know for a fact that our mom is a stickler for making sure we lock up all the doors and windows securely at night.

Although now that leaves the questions why was he in my room, and not to mention why did he leave the window open. Because last time I checked, he used doors not windows to get into places.

Tentatively I sit on the the nicely built seat underneath it. This bench is probably the only good thing I have left from my dad. Which is a sad thought in itself for another time.

I pull down my window and lock it shut. My eyes scan around my backyard and it looks empty--until I see the edge of the woods nearby. "Holy sharona!"

I stumble backwards, falling on my bedroom floor with a loud thud. Okay I definitely saw something that time. Only it wasn't the same something from before, it was definitely a different something this time.

I lay on the floor, still too freaked out to move, looking up at my light green ceiling.

My mind is still reeling over the fact that I thought I saw glowing red eyes in the kitchen window, only to have some creep of a person be watching me from the woods. Oh god, why does this sound like a scene from one of those serial killer horror movies!?

My palms spread out over the cool wooded floor as I take in a deep breath before slowly letting it out. Mustering up my courage I get up and walk over to my window again.

Only this time whoever was standing by the edge of the woods is gone. Their silhouette was to defined for me to write it off as just my imagination, but not enough for me to tell if I recognized them.

Well whoever it was should know that I'm not going to stop till I figure out who they are. Unless they do actually end up being some horror movie inspired serial killer, or just a seriel killer in general.

In that case I won't be nosy.

✖✖✖✖

A/N: Bit of a filler chapter. But I'm sure you can guess who the red eyes belonged to. And maybe even who was in the woods...

Oh and thanks to who evers reading this story so far XD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 2.5K 40
"everyone thinks that they know us. but they know nothing about all of this silence and patience, pining and anticipation" in which two childhood fri...
5.1K 153 20
❝ Who, who are you really? And where are you going? I have nothing left to prove 'Cause I have nothing left to lose. ❞ - the first half of this book...
75.2K 1.5K 18
Imagine falling asleep one day in your hometown and then waking up in Beacon Hills. Imagine looking at Teen Wolf at home one night and then living in...
373K 6K 58
some of my favourite Derek Hale imagines, one shots and preferences. -