Hunters of the Hunter(Book 1...

By newlymadetwilightfan

Humans were taught not to believe in monsters. The Guild keeps the knowledge of monsters from the regular po... More

Chapter I - Where the Story Begins Or Possibly Ends
Chapter III - Denial With a Side Order Of Closure
Chapter IV - Too Stubborn To Forget, Too Willing To Remember

Chapter II - Revenge Sometimes Leads You To New Places

44 1 1
By newlymadetwilightfan

Sorry if the language offends some readers... But each character has their own traits and characteristics. Some use language that is professional, while others use language that is mispronounced, and others a for lack of better words sailors. So please bare with me on the language. Good day and Happy reading.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity. -Albert Einstein

Walking down a long hallway that Ira had never seen before he couldn't help but wonder... where he possibly was. Having but one thought running through his mind...depressing. Not much light except for torches on the way. The hallway has painting, sculpture, and literary documents of various languages. The art if you could call it that shows people being enslaved, whipped, and other forms of cruelty. Mass murder and genocide scattered among the vast collects of inhumanity. So in all a fucked up place. It takes Ira a few seconds to get sick of the painting. So moving as fast as his injured body would allow him. Which surprisingly did not look as injured as he felt. Ira was sure the injuries that women gave him didn't heal quickly. Ira did not even know how long ago he got injured so trying to figure out how long ago he received injuries was out of the question. Pondering to keep his mind off the cruelties Ira saw a doorway at the end of the hall, that attracted his full attention. Above the door is a phrase that reads, There are two types of people, one meant to rule, and the other meant to be ruled. "Now that is sinister and freaky as hell." Ira thought. The door itself makes the statement even more sinister. Medieval design, dark material possibly wood constructs the door, and the darkest metal he had ever seen makes the hinges. The doorknob is silver and the lightest accessory to the door. . The door symbolized darkness and all things wrong in this world. Despite his hesitation Ira proceed to open the door. Inside is what shocked and scared him.

The room looks like a throne room. The most scary part is a man sitting in the middle of the room looking at home with the all the evil surrounding him. The man's throne is black with silver trimmings, which seems to look like he was born just to sit perfectly on that throne. He had the look of being the most insane man on the earth. Ira had a strong feeling that the man could feel no different if he killed a person or stepped on a bug. Pity was something the man lacks completely. Everything about the man scream run away yet he hadn't noticed Ira yet. "Excuse me, excuse me sir," Ira found himself repeating to the man. Which of course neither does the man answer him or even look Ira's way. Ira begin to move closer repeating himself. Which there are potatoes with better hospitality. Ira could not help by find himself getting angry at the man's failure to respond to him.

"Are you going to say anything, or you gonna stare into space. Hello do you know hear me talking to you." Ira was now yelling at the man. It isn't until another person runs into the throne room does Ira notice that it is like he is not even in the room. Realizing that Ira slowly make his way to the throne.

The man looks to be in his mid-thirties, well built. Hair so black it looked like it is colorless. His eyes are black. Completely black, the retina, the pupil, the whole eye was black.

The man who just entered began to speak with a voice heavily layered with fear," Lord Dracula . . . the Hunters approach from the North and the Lycans approach from the South. The Lycans have already broken pass the main wall. Within the hour the Lycans will be inside the city with the Hunters soon follow them to the North. We will be caught between two armies Lord and quite frankly crushed."

Dracula as the man called him laughed saying," Two armies . . . crushed, I would think you to know better than to think such talk in my presence. So the Hunters have allied themselves with those mutts. Have all vampires prepare for war. A chance like this, to strike both our enemies at once will not come again. Move now and don't hesitate a single minute. They will fight their way to my throne room. Hopefully that Hunter will make it here, the one I have heard so much about."

The man bowed deeply saying," As you wish my Lord, reports say that the Lycan and Hunters are not fight together. The dark witches say no form of communication is in use between them. We have our enemies out numbered sir."

*****

Startled Ira sat up.

Wondering what the hell was that he just saw. Was it real... or did he just have a dream. It was rivid enough to be real. As Ira checked out the surroundings he could not help but notice how he does not recognize where he is. These doesn't look like a hospital, nor does it look like any of the rooms in his aunt's house, so Ira had no idea where he was. Ira began to take in his surrounding. First thing he noticed was the lack of light, the boarded up windows, and the shabby look of the room. Ira could not help, but to notice how well used the room was. There was little to no dust to be seen anywhere in the room After his quick observation he made an attempt to get out of the bed. As soon as he moved, Ira winced taking his injuries into consideration of for the first time since the crazy dream. After several failed attempts to climb out of the bed he finally succeed getting up out of the bed. After getting up out of the bed all it took was two steps was for him to fall on the ground. Dizzy and nearly unconscious Ira struggled to get back to his feet.

So for several minutes Ira fought to move toward the door. With that level of determination Ira got closer and closer to the door of the room. With shuffling feet, he made his way until he was arms reach of the door. Yet he stopped as soon as he reached the door. Outside the door he could hear people talking. Ira couldn't hear quite clearly what was being said. After placing his ear to the door he could make out what was being said. Sounded like a man and a women discussing something important.

"How much longer you think we will have to keep the boy around. He is taking up space. He is not Guild, why should we even care for his safety. There are hundreds of thousands of humans in this city, so why should we be pampering one. When his injuries heal I want him out off of here and back where he belongs,"the women argued.

The man replied angrily, "Elizebeth, how can you expect him to go out on his own. He was attacked and would have died had the vampire not been my target. At least we can take him to see the Council and let them make a decision about him. Why do you want to get rid of him so fast. You saw how the vampires left his house. The best we could do is give him a fighting chance and--"

At that exact moment Ira burst into the room," What the hell do you mean how the vampires left my house. What the hell am I doing here and not in a hospital, why have you kidnapped me, and what the hell is going on here."

"Well, Ira as you most likely heard we are discussing you. We removed you from the hospital for your own safety. It was very likely that the vampires would be coming for you. We decided it was best to do so. Especially after we took a visit to your house. It was in shambles, the door almost off the hinges, and everything on the floor. We left everything as it was and got you here as fast as we could. Elizabeth over here does not think you are worth the risk," the man told Ira.

"Well I do not care what your saying, I want to go home. All you have to do is take me home. So just let me go and I will not call the police or anything. Just let me go." Ira ranted on about.

"Calm down, there is not anything you can do. All you can do is rest and wait for your body to register that it has been healed. Go back in the room and lay down. I am surprised that you can even move. And taking you to your aunt's house solves nothing. The house is in complete ruins."

" I just don't believe you."

" How about we do this, we will take you to your aunt's house as proof. Once you see that we were telling the truth then you will travel with us. If we are lying then you are welcomed to sat at your aunt's house. Is it a deal?"

" As long as I get to go home I do not care where you take me . . . "

" Okay then, as you overhead this is Elizebeth. Elizebeth go get the others. We are going to have to travel the normal way. It be better when we go give our report to the Guild that we go as a full unit. Go get the others."

With the conversation over Ira and the four Hunters made the way to the Hunter's garage. Within the hour they made it to Ira's aunt house. Before getting out of the car the man told Ira, "Wait . . . You don't know if there are vampires still. There could be a trap waiting for you. We are going to move out together and not run head first into the house. You may not believe us but you should still heed my warning. So this is how it will go. I will go ahead of you and you will follow close behind. The man to your right is Vince, the women to your left is Carr. They will follow close behind."

With a heavy heart and a painful body Ira made his way up to his aunt's gate. Noticing instantly that his aunt's gate was bent almost completely against itself. Pushing the gate close Ira began to walk toward the front door. Which he noticed was almost split in half from the force in the door received. Walking in after the nameless man he begins to notice the mess. Table is in pieces, the chairs broken, drawers torn open, and in comparison to house hit by a tornado. Ira stepped on glass and broken wood. Walking deeper into the house Ira sees all how bigger the wreckage becomes. Ira notices the most destroyed room was his own. During his walk around the house the four Hunters looked around for vampires.

As Ira began to make his way to his aunt's room, the nameless man stopped him saying," You do not want to go in there Ira. You might not like what you see."

"I need to see what you said was true completely, I will going in there whether you want me to or not."

Speaking for the first time Elizebeth told Ira and the man," Not let him see, acceptance is the only way for him to believe. As you have seen he is in denial. His aunt's room should be enough to make him accept what had happened."

Walking into his aunt room the scene shocked him. Sitting in the middle of the room tied up was his aunt. There was only one problem . . . she was no longer human.

"The bloodsuckers bit her and left your aunt to turn. Seems they wanted to scare you," Elizebeth told Ira.

" They did not scare me they pissed me off completely. I go with you to this Guild. She may have not been much, but she was my aunt. She raised me and tried to make me into a good person. She did not deserve this . . . she did not deserved this." Ira kept saying. Despise his words he did not shed a single tear, if not he look determined.

"We will take you to the Guild, you might want to walk out of here I do not advise you to stay and see this. You aunt is one of the things my life has been dedicated to hunting. She has to be killed, you can see it as putting her out of her misery," the man informed Ira.

"NO! Let me do it . . . If anyone will put her out of her misery it will be me" With that Vince hands Isaiah a gun. " I know you did not deserve this. You tried to be a mother to me it took this for me to realize that. I wish it did not have to come down to this. May God watch over your soul." With that Ira pulled the trigger.

" Now take me to see this Guild."

"Now . . . Now, what are those vampires up to now." A hidden observer said out loud.

*******

After reaching the Hunters base if you would call it that they began to prep for leaving. Weapons being moved into crates, clothes pack, and an emptying of the base.

"Elizebeth, everything is ready. You already know what to do. " With that Elizebeth said a few words and a blue light flashed.

" What the hell is that," Ira asked?

"That is known as a Teleportation Portal, it is the only way to the Guild. It is also one of the fastest ways to travel." Elizebeth informed Ira with a smirk on her face.

"Let us get a move on then," was his only reply.

With that they made their way to the portal and driving into it. After it doing whatever the hell it is the portal does they made it to their destination. Driving up the pathway, the Hunters were stopped by armed guards.

"Your team can move forward, the Council is waiting." One of the guards said.

"Now let us get started,"Ira was all could say with full determination.

Dedication goes to NerdyNinja1 for all the hell I give her. She is a awesome writer working on both her story Ultimate Sacifice for NaNoWriMo and Turncoat. Obviously you should go check her out. I give you a cookie if you do. So who was the hiddened observer? Do you think Ira should have shot his aunt or let the Hunters do it for him? You thoughts on the turn of events. Til next time folks happy reading to all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 5.1K 98
After the death of Gwen Stacy, Peter hadn't had the courage to become a hero again. Meanwhile, the Justice League were looking for a more experience...
31.9K 723 47
A student from the Paldea region took an interest in traveling to other regions to learn new things.
12.3K 276 20
Idk first story so please be nice
44.4K 2.2K 77
What if it wasn't Japan that teleported to another world, but the superpower country on Earth, America's Cold War rival that in our OTL is collapsed...