Cigarettes and Hickies [n.h]

Bởi _killerqueen_

[ONE DIRECTION] "The only thing worse than a boy who hates you: a boy that loves you." ... Xem Thêm

warning
introduction
trailer
prologue
un
deux
quatre
cinq
six
sept
huit
neuf
dix
onze
douze
treize
quatorze
quinze
seize
dix-sept
dix-huit
dix-neuf
vingt
vingt-et-un
vingt-deux
vingt-trois
vingt-quatre
vingt-cinq
vingt-six
vingt-sept
vingt-huit
vingt-neuf
trente
trente-et-un
trente-deux
trente-trois
trente-quatre
trente-cinq
trente-six
trente-sept
trente-huite
trente-neuf
quarante
quarante-un
quarante-deux
Epilogue

trois

1.2K 65 34
Bởi _killerqueen_

Niall woke alarmed as a packet of tissues hit his chest.

He saw a girl with soft silvery-blue hair standing at the foot of his bed. Her face was tugging a smug smirk as she surveyed his nose closely.

"Just thought I'd give you those,"

"Wha-" Niall blinked the last webs of sleep in his eyes as he took the tissues in his hands and then looked up at the girl again, a look of shock shadowing his features as he glanced at the person who had punched him, "It was you?!"

"Don't look so surprised; you thought I'd hide and leave you wondering about who done it?"

"I don't think buying me a packet of tissues counts as an apology," He mumbled as he eyed her with a curious look.

Ocean snorted at his words, "I'm not here to apologise, who do you think I am? And I didn't buy those..."

"You stole these?" He gestued at the packet as he looked at her wide-eyed. In his head, Niall was thinking that this girl was so unpredictable; every move she made, surprised him entirely.

"Are you accusing me of stealing?" She snapped as she gave him a fuming look.

"You just said you didn't buy these, I only-" Niall began, trying not to dig himself a bigger hole, seeing as it had resulted badly yesterday.

"I know what I said," she fired, interrupting him completely but choosing against telling him the truth. "Look, if you don't want the packet, give it back!"

In that moment, as Ocean's voice fired at the fragile boy in front of her, the big hunky bodyguard came in. He saw Niall's face and immidiately began to pull the girl away from the room.

"Don't touch me!" She yelled as she tried to free herself from his tight grip.

"It's okay man, I know her," Niall quickly muttered as he eyed the girl's struggles. His bodyguard loosened his grip, and looked at Niall hesitantly; with a nod of reassurance, the bodyguard let go of Ocean completely and walked out the room again.

As Ocean was straightening her clothes, Niall could just about catch the word "idiot" leave her lips. She took out a cigarette from her pocket, and placed it between her lips as she began pacing angrily to the other side of the room.

"You don't want to do that-" Niall murmured as he looked at her and then at the cigarette worriedly. Her energy seemed to radiate across the small room and bounce against Niall's body alerting him completely.

"Don't fucking tell me what to do," She snarled, the cigarette balancing on her pale lips.

"I'm just sayin' what the sign is tellin' you," Niall defended, keeping a steady tone so that it wouldn't erupt any further anger from the girl.

However, Ocean still found some frustration left inside her as she fired back, "Are you trying to say that I can't read?" She tugged the fag from her lips and stared at him dead in the eyes.

Niall could see that her eyes were a mixture of green and brown. It reminded him of a damped tree bark in Autumn coiling with moss.

"Maybe I like having it unlit," She added blankly as she placed the tip of the roll of paper back in her mouth.

Niall looked away, trying not to take that action as anything else that it actually was, as he chuckled softly.

"What's so funny?" Ocean demanded in a harsh tone.

"Why're you so angry?" Niall decided to match the same level of harshness in his tone as he met her eyes.

"I may seem like an angry person on the surface, but deep inside I'm actually angrier," She mused as a small smirk crawled back to the corner of her lips.

"I believe that," He mumbled, a little bit louder than he had intended.

Suddenly, Ocean speeded towards him, standing so close, Niall could feel her piercing gaze on him.

This close, he noticed that her eyes had also a little blue in them. A soft yet faded tone of blue that matched the colour of her hair.

"You need to watch your attitude, mate." She muttered coldly, making sure her words hung on every sillable.

But Niall retorted and looked away from her, "Who do ye think you are? Like honestly? You just barged in here, star'ed snapping at me as though I'm to blame for all this, and ye haven't even had the audacity to even apologise for wha' you've done..."

"You talk too much," Was how Ocean decided to respond. Niall himself was taken aback, having expected her to fire abuse at him.

"Excuse me?" He asked, slightly confused.

"If you hadn't talked to me or had gotten involved in my life, in the first place, you wouldn't have ended up in here."

Her words added further shock to Niall. He couldn't believe she was actually saying this. She was blaming him. A cold laugh left his lips as he shook his head in disbelief.

"If you want my honest opinion," Ocean added, "you should be apologising to me actually; for not listening to me when I told you to leave me alone. But... seeing your deformed face and thinking of the fans that will perhaps lose their attraction to you, satisfies me enough to let you off," She twirled the cigarette in her fingers as she plopped herself beside him, keeping her face calm and her attitude nonchalant.

"You're unbelievable," Niall croaked as he threw the packet of tissues carelessly on his bedside table.

"And you need to stop acting like you know me," She leaned forward, stopping her face just inches away from his.

Niall swallowed at her bold movements and kept level contact with her eyes, trying not to make her think that he was at all scared of her. He noted however in that moment, just how close her lips were to his. If he moved just an inch, he'd be able to brush his lips against hers. He didn't know why he was thinking about her lips in such situation, as he blinked the thoughts away.

Yet, as he focused on her eyes, Niall noticed that her orbs had now taken a different shade of colour. They were quite incredible eyes, as he looked long and deep into them. He saw the blue merge with the green creating a greyish colour, that mesmerized him. He settled finally on the theory that hey were in fact made of lots of colours and not solely of one.

Ocean was so close, Niall could hear her heart beat and smell the whiskey in her breath. Ocean could see her reflection in his sapphire orbs and see the twinkle they created as the light shone against them. She saw how the bruise had covered his nose and part of his cheeks, and as she focused on his scar she wobbled her head forward a millimeter, making Niall jump and twitch not anticipating the movement, before she pulled back laughing.

"You're sick, ye are," He groaned as the ringing of her laughter bounced against the dorm's walls.

"If it makes you feel better, you're not the only person who's scared of me," She offered him a small wink before clapping his knee and standing up.

"I ain't scared of you," He managed to compose as he straightened up in his bed.

Ocean scoffed a short mocking laugh, as she shrugged a shoulder indifferently. She offered Niall a small malicious smirk, before settling the cigarette behind her ear and deciding on staying silent instead.

The silence only lasted a brief moment before Niall spoke again, "So I'm not even allowed to know your name?"

"Maybe..." Ocean mused, as she leaned against the wall.

"Maybe yes, or maybe not?"

"Maybe is my name," She tried to sound serious, holding the laugh that was itching to burst out.

"Are you having a laugh?" Niall didn't trust anything that the girl was saying or doing as a matter of fact.

You got a problem with my name, you git?" She placed a hand on her waist as she snapped at him, the laughter quickly dissolving.

"No..." He said quietly, looking at her in amazement; taken aback by everything she did.

"That's what I thought," She added simply, glaring at him in case he decided to protest again. Niall tried to figure out if she was serious or not, but she was so hard to read, that he quickly gave up.

"Thanks for your lovely gifts then, Maybe." His tone was blank as he hinted at the tissues and his bruise, and stressing finally on her name.

"You're most welcome, hun." She teased, playing on his sarcasm, wanting to have the last laugh. When Niall said nothing else she added, "I must be off then,"

She pulled herself away from against the wall and began walking towards the door.

"You're actually leaving without saying sorry?" Niall couldn't believe it. He had never come across such bold and heartless person in his life.

"I tend to stick to my word," She shrugged a shoulder as though blaming her principle for her actions.

"I'll keep that in mind for next time," He muttered involuntarily.

"What makes you think we'll see each other again?" Ocean raised an eyebrow in question, holding onto the mischevious smirk that was tugging at her lips.

Niall tried hard not to look disappointed, "I don't, but seeing as karma makes its way around, it may just lead to us seeing each other again. It's a small world."

"Well, don't count on it." She said finally, as she left the room without taking a glance back at Niall. She gave his bodyguard a dirty look, before turning the corner and disappearing from view.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Thank you so much for taking such interest in my story, guys! It means so much. Your comments too make me smile.

I just want to say that I have added a cast, and that's who I imagine as I write the story. However, if you guys imagine anyone else, that's fine! I'd love to hear who you guys see as Ocean or even Scarlette!

xo

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

3.8K 53 27
I watched as the love of my life ran out of the door with tears streaming down her face. There was hurt laced in all of her precious features.It hur...
450K 17.8K 52
[NOT EDITED.] !!!DISCLAIMER: I wrote this when I was young and didn't fully grasp the concept of writing. The books get progressively better as time...
1.1M 40.8K 58
[✓] ∥ "What do you fear most?" At my childish question, she smiles and looks down. In all honesty, I thought we were going to have to stay there all...
60.4K 705 32
Everything Niall Horan related:) Jokes, Imagines and Short Story submission now taken;)