The Not So Vengeful Hunt

By SeeBritFisher

Book 2 in the Rogue War series. CURRENTLY UNDER REVISION: Updates posted every two weeks. Turning sixteen is... More

Preface
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Author's Note
Chapter 17
Author's Note
Chapter 18
Author's Note
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
IMPORTANT

Chapter 4

5.7K 180 62
By SeeBritFisher

We left the next morning as planned. And not one word was said to anyone about the phone call. Now that I had time to think I see Tristan's and Kia's point. But that doesn't mean I'll go jumping into Grant's arms. I'll go there. But if there was no lie in the call, then I'm done. We're done. I've had enough games and shit from him. Enough heart break. I'll fight this war that's coming. Then I'm done. I'm going to join the fire Light pack but not as Beta. I'll just work at the book shop and live my life.

Driving for hours on end gives you a lot of time to think. "We're about 20 minutes away." Tristan said.

"I know." I replied. "Don't worry Tristan. I'll wait for an explanation. But if I don't get one then..."

"All I want is you to give him a chance." Tristan said. "If the woman on the phone wasn't lying... well Grant's not going to live long enough to try and win you back again."

"Thanks." I said.

"No problem." Tristan said.

"Question?" Kia piped up.

"Yeah?"

"Can I kick his ass anyways?"

I groaned as Tristan broke into laughter. "You sound just like Lily did last time." I smiled.

She shrugged, "Well just saying."

§•§•§•§•§

We're here. It looks just the same. I got out of the Truck and waited for the other four. We went up to the front door and Tristan knocked. The door was opened by a female. Early 20's but older than me. I'm a bit taller. she has tan skin and brown curls. "Hi, I'm-"

"The woman I talked with on the phone." I cut her off.

Kia growled and before I could stop her she threw herself at the woman. "Kia!" I gasped.

Kia pinned the woman, "This Alpha, is Jenna. And trust me, that phone call was a lie. Jenna is a slut in and out. And she's talented in breaking up Alpha couples and mates. Trust me, I would know."

"Oh Kia," Jenna cooed. "Still mad about Rick?"

"Katrina?" Grant's voice said then he noticed the situation and growled. "Who are you?"

I growled back, "Kia is part of my pack Alpha Levine. She is my Delta female."

Kia stood and glared at Jenna and Jenna stood. "Why don't you tell Alpha Levine," Kia growled. "about telling his mate you are his girlfriend."

"What?" Grant growled.

"That's right." Kia growled.

"Kia," I warn.

"Katrina called and this bitch answers the phone." Kia continued.

"How did you get my phone?" Grant growled at Jenna.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Trina asked.

"Tells Katrina she's your girlfriend." Kia continued over the noise and Jenna began yelling at Kia, Kia yelled back. Grant yelled at Jenna. And Trina and Justin started yelling.

"ENOUGH!" I screamed. everyone falls silent and looks at me. I walk over the Jenna and give her a good right hook. "That is for Kia." I turned to Kia, "I am 21, I can take care of myself Kia." I then looked at Trina and Justin, "And I don't have to tell you everything."

"Well no hello?" A voice asked.

I turned and saw- "Jason!" I throw myself into his arms and pull Lily into the hug. "I've missed you guys so much!"

They hugged me be and Lily was crying. "Don't ever do that again Katrina Grim."

"How are you guys even here?" I said trying not to cry and not letting go of them.

"Trina called and said you guys were coming back." Jason said. "I can't believe you're 21."

I took half a step back and looked at them, "Not the 16 year old girl you found anymore. I can drink. Legally too."

Lily laughed, "Yes, because you always abide by human laws."

"Oh trust me after I somehow ended up making out with a guy when the Blue Jay pack got me drunk on my birthday, maybe the alcohol and I should break up for a bit."

"You made out with someone?" Grant growled.

"I was drunk." I answered not looking at him. "And I didn't let some guy tell you he's my boyfriend."

"Okay," Jason said. "So we need to talk."

"No," I said. "Rouges first, everything else can wait- except take one step closer to any member of my pack in a way I don't like Jenna I will snap you neck."

I turned around and glared at her. She smirked, "I'm not of your pack."

"No," I agreed. "But I'll still kick you ass because trust me, it takes a lot of people to take me down. And no one has ever taken my pack down."

"You're pack expanded." Tyler said. I hugged him then handed him over to Trina.

"Yeah, that's Kia, Tristan's mate. Her old Alpha is a sexist ass." I said. "Which reminds me, Greg owes me 50 bucks."

"He does?" Tyler asked.

"Yeah, 6 years ago he bet me 50 dollars to cross the Canadian border with a duck on my head. I have a photo, he has my money." I explain.

"Only you would remember that." Tyler said.

"I know. Bye." I said and started for my truck but yelled over my shoulder. "Kia try not to kill anyone!"

"No promises!" She yelled back.

Not surprised. I laughed and start walking to Greg's place. But I was stopped by Grant when I was almost there. I look up at him but don't say a word. And neither did he. Instead he just pressed his lips against mine. Our kiss was brief but it reminded me of how much I missed him. "I'm sorry baby, about Jenna. I shouldn't have let-"

I cut him off, "It's okay Grant. It's just been a very long year without you."

"Too long." He agreed and pulled me to him.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, "Come on, I have to go shake Greg for money."

"It's good you invited me." Grant said. "Because I'm not letting you out of my sight little mate."

"Stalker." I said before pressing my lips to his.

This kiss wasn't brief. My lips parted and his tongue battled mine for dominance. I moaned in the back of my throat and he pulled me impossibly closer to him. We were interrupted by a loud growl. We part and Grant turned around to see Greg behind him. "If Katie knew that you were making out with some girl she'd kill you Grant! You moron!"

"You're right." I said stepping around Grant. "I would kill him. Hey Greg."

"Katie?" I nodded and his face lit up and he picked me up and swung me in a circle. "Man girl!"

Grant growled as Greg set me down and pulled me back into his chest. "Mine."

I patted his chest, "Sure. Greg you owe me 50 dollars."

"Huh?"

I pulled out my phone and showed him the photos and he gaped at me. "It's been over 5 years since that bet!"

"Well I'm here to collect." I said. "Pay up."

"You really came here to shake me for money?"

"Hell yeah!" I laughed and he pulled out his money and began to pull out bills. "This is fun. This is a fun time."

"Wrench." Greg muttered.

"Aw baby, it's rude to call yourself that. Even if it's true." I said.

Greg glared at me but his smiled showed he wasn't mad. "Nice to see you again Katrina."

"You too Greg. Thanks for the money." I smiled then frowned and sighed. "I've gotta head back. I think my newest pack member about to kill someone."

"Who?"

"Jenna." I answered.

"Good." Grant growled.

"Not good." I said. "I called dibs."

The boys just laughed and I started for the pack house.

§•§•§•§•§

"You bitch!" 

"You can't kill her" 

"Watch me!" 

"Not your territory."

"Kill her!"

"So what?"

I came in to see people yelling and Kia choking Jenna. "Kia!" I snapped and she bowed her head at me. "Drop her." I said slowly and she did. "Now what do we say?"

Jenna smirked but it fell when Kia said, "Bitch piss me off again and you deserve what I'll do."

"Good girl." I said. "Now what did she do?"

"She was touching my mate and Justin." Kia growl and Jenna stood.

In the next second I was slamming Jenna against the wall by her throat and made my eyes go red. "Listen here, that will not happen again. You will not touch, speak to, or go near anyone, male or not, in my pack. you will stay the fuck away from any male that is mated or otherwise taken. Is. That. Understood?" I s an order and she bow her head. I released her and punched her. "That's for going near my mate."

"Feel better?" Kia asked as I walked over to her. 

"You know, I do actually." I said and we smiled. 

Grant smiled, "You know you could have let her kill the bitch."

"What part of I called dibs is hard to get? Why is she here?"

"She was a part of my pack."

"Was?" 

"I'm not letting her stay after doing that to you."

The girls made aw sounds and I kissed him. Oh come on, that was sweet. I tried to pull away but he wouldn't let me for another minute and we he did he said, "We have a lot of time to catch up on."

"That we do." I whispered back and kissed him again.

"Get a room!" Tyler yelled.

I looked up at Grant, "You know for once my brother's come up with a good idea."

Tyler, Trina, and Justin made gagging noises as Grant started pulling me up the stairs. 

§•§•§•§•§

Once we were behind locked door Grant kissed me and didn't hold back.  And neither did I. My wolf was howling inside of me, finally with her mate after a year apart. It was a few minutes before either of us really broke away. "Grant, as much as I really want to finish this, Rouges are coming."

He groaned, "Way to ruin the it Katrina."

I smirked, "It's been five years Grant, did you really think that it'd be that easy."

"More like hope." He said.

"Well I hope you can run."

"Why?"

"So you can catch me." I say and take off with him after me. "PEOPLE TRAINING IN 15 MINUTES!"

"Fuck!" I heard a number of people say and then they were running and Grant was laughing behind me. It's nice to be home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

180K 3.6K 11
Kharlia Rhodes never had anything.No family, no friends, no trophies. And she had no respect from her pack, the Blood Pack.When the day came that she...
39.4K 1.8K 28
READ BOOK ONE : "MY MATE.....IS A NERD?" FIRST Book 6 of "My Mate...." series " You've read the story of Beau and Derek but now it's time for you to...
5.6M 157K 27
Chloe was beaten and abused by her pack. Her mate rejecting her is the last straw. Unable to deal with it all she runs away. Meeting a new pack and f...
2.3M 51.4K 30
BOOK ONE TO THE "Rejection Series" Ellie Martin had been harassed and ignored since the age of 13. She was once the child that always smiled, alwa...