This Diary I Found

By diwatera

Westmont High's infamous man whore, Trevor Jettison, just got slapped with karma's wake up call. After swipi... More

This Diary I Found
Cast of Characters
02 :: The Morning After
03 :: Two Girls Down
04 :: FIFA & Chill
05 :: Pussycat
06 :: Do You Ever Really Crash?
07 :: It Pays to Know
08 :: Broken Bro Code
09 :: No Van Gogh
10 :: Cafeteria Chaos
11 :: Raccoon Eyes
12 :: Why A Knight in Shining Armor Sucks
13 [PART 1] :: Road Kill
13 [PART 2] :: Road Kill
14 :: Sucker Match
15 :: A Date of Horrors
16 :: Loose Lips Sink Ships
17 :: Sideshow Accidents
18 :: Goodbye, Jedi
19 :: Blackmail
20 :: I'm Bad at Math But This Doesn't Add Up
21 :: Fill Up
22 :: (E)X Marks the Spot
23 :: Detour
24 :: She Lies on Velvet
25 :: Confessions of a Meddler
26 :: Overnight Criminals
27 :: Elephants and Noodle Arms
28 :: This Ends in a Hospital
29 :: Aliens
30 :: Warm Flurries
Epilogue
BONUS #1 [PART 1]: Drunk Conversations
BONUS #1 [PART 2] : Drunk Conversations
BONUS #2: Media Art
BONUS #3: Fun Facts
NEW STORY

01 :: You Were Warned

28.6K 1.6K 1.1K
By diwatera

CHAPTER 1: You Were Warned

Her tanned legs were crossed as she sat on the barstool with a margarita in hand. Beams from the club's neon signs danced upon her dark skin like the northern lights, and it wouldn't take a genius to notice that she'd been stood up. Creased brows, pursed lips and tapping fingers said it all.

I pitied the guy who passed up on this girl. She's 'fro-to-toe gorgeous, and I was totally batting out of my league here, but here goes nothing.

I downed one more shot and walked up to her. Stepping closer and closer, I rehearsed some pre-written pick-up lines in my head. Say what you want, but there's nothing like a good pick-up line to get on a girl's good side.

When I got to her stool, I opened with a simple, "Hi!"

"Hey," she replied with a tentative smile usually given out to strangers.

"I'm Trevor," I introduced myself, sticking my hand out.

She shook it, saying, "Clio."

I nodded. According to the keychain on Clio's handbag, she went to a university two towns away from Westmont.  That meant she was probably older than me. She didn't have to know that. "Clearvale University," I acknowledged, pointing to the chain.  "What are you taking up?"

"I'm majoring in Bio," she answered, smiling.

"Bio? You must know a lot about all that science-y stuff, huh?"

She giggled. "I guess."

"Hey, is it true there are 206 bones in your body?"

Clio shrugged and said, "Yeah."

"You wanna make that 207?"

Clio's smile disappeared. I should have taken that cue to haul ass but I didn't.  Instead, I stood there long enough for Clio's palm to collide with my cheek.

"Pig!" she exclaimed, jumping off from her seat.

And that is the story of how I got bitch slapped by a Biology major and got kicked out of Bud's Club for "harassment" all in the same night. 

So, let me get this straight. I hit on a girl, and I got slapped and thrown out of the club. A girl hit me literally and she got a free mojito? Where's the justice in that? Huh, I guess the club isn't the best place to find a lover after all.

I ended up walking home alone with a bruising cheek as my only company. The November wind struck chilly and harsh. I missed the warmth back at the club. Even a few blocks away, I could still hear the thumping of rhythm from where I was just chucked out of.  From the sound of it, the DJ just played a remix of YOUTH

Normally, I wouldn't be walking home at 11 o'clock at night. No, that was way too early. I could have gone elsewhere. There were other clubs in Westmont. But since my wingman couldn't go clubbing with me, I got bored. Any occasion was just dull without your best friend with you.

I learned that as I kicked an empty can of beans from the middle of the alley. That, uncannily (no pun intended), is the most fun I've had all night.

Out of boredom, I watched my shadow dawdle on the building wall. It was a very tall shadow; it even reached over the 20th brick from the ground. I cast a slightly larger shadow that night, mostly because I had a thick coat. Kinda hid the fact that I was more on the bony side. But, I was fit! Taller than most boys at school. I just got a slender frame, that's all. Besides, who needs muscle when you already have a pretty face?

You'd think that with a build like that I'd be shooting hoops or swimming rounds, but no. I've never really been that dedicated to sports. I could play soccer but I wasn't that good and I've never really bothered to try out for the teams. I'm no athlete but I could pummel you to death if I wanted to. I'm just too lazy to go to practices.

I'm no genius either. I didn't do homework very well. Puh! That was a lie. I didn't even do homework, period. 

As I made a turn to an alley, I saw the silhouette of a girl. I didn't know if I scared her or something, but she ran away before I could even say "hi".

I had one too many tequila slammers back at the club, but I was sober enough to notice that she dropped something while she made her unnecessary, quick escape. I went over to see what it was and saw a green, leather-jacketed notebook. Squatting down, I held the notebook in my hands and looked for the girl. There was no trace of her anywhere and because of my drunken state, I couldn't even remember what she looked like. Out of curiosity, I opened it up.

"Page 1

My DIARY.

Read at your own risk. Some things can't be unread and just beware of what your curiosity can get you into."

That was it for the first page. No name, address or any personal info. I decided to ignore the little warning and proceeded to read the next page.

"September 22, 2016"

Oh, it was written not too long ago. I read on.

"Okay, diary, I never really wanted to write here because I'm not the kind of person who would spill their secrets in a notebook but I have this secret that I couldn't tell to anyone else. But I feel like it's gonna eat me out alive if I keep it bottled up.

About two weeks ago, I lost my virginity..."

Abruptly, I stopped reading. Staring at the thing, I debated whether I should read on. I ended up reading more. I already read a paragraph or two. Why stop there?  After all, I already opened it up.  Whether I read one page or a hundred, it wouldn't have mattered. I'd already invaded the girl's privacy.  Besides, I didn't believe in moderation.  Why drink one beer when you could have two, right? 

"I know it was stupid. I just got out of a bad relationship and I was emotional. It was just meaningless, rebound sex. Well, scratch out the meaningless part because for me, it meant something. I don't think it meant something to him, though."

I cringed. This was the problem with girls (and some guys), no offense. Why did sex have to mean something? Granted, this chick lost her virginity so that must've been one heck of a milestone. But what does being a virgin even mean? Does it make you better than anyone else? No! Society glorifies the idea of virginity as if purity is measured by how intact a girl's hymen is.

Sorry for painting a vulgar image there, but it just pissed me off. Sex is sex. Period.

Getting over the rant in my head, I kept on reading.

"I don't think he even remembers swiping away my V-card. Why would he? He sleeps with every girl in town and he was really drunk that night. He couldn't have remembered me. What's even worse, I might be pregnant."

I cringed for the second time around. Not because of disagreement or contempt. That time, it was because I immediately felt bad for the girl. She seemed so innocent.

What asshole would do that to an innocent girl?

"Oh, and did I mention that the guy was Trevor Jettison?"

As soon as I saw my name scrawled out in that soft handwriting, my eyes bulged out of their sockets.  Suddenly, the regret of reading that notebook came more instant than Ramen noodles.

I immediately closed the notebook. The word "pregnant" kept appearing in my head and it made me quite dizzy. I think I might have even dropped the diary. I didn't even know; I just felt numb after reading. I didn't even notice that it started raining.

Oh. Well, fuck!

Damn, I should've taken that first page warning more seriously. 

Hold on to your pitchforks and cow dung!  It is the first chapter, and yes, I hate Trevor, too. But he's in for one curvy hell of a character arc. Let Lin tell it to 'ya:

Anyway, stars are beautiful! Don't forget to click/tap that star on your screen to make it twinkle orange!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

256K 8.7K 46
There was something about Devyn Foster that drew people to her. I guess it didn't hurt that she was a good looking girl; but it was more than that. S...
2.1M 68K 45
A Wallflower. That's what Sony Parker was at Riverbank High, and she was content with it. Until one day when she gets in a fight with a new student b...
52.9K 3.1K 27
6 girls. 7 boys. 1 awesome vacation. Or that's what they thought. What happens when the power goes out and people are getting killed by the minut...
399K 9.4K 45
Copyright Β© 2014 by casey pascoe. All rights reserved * * * One mistake and he is forced to spend one hour a day with her. Ugh. One mistake and sh...