Life goes on

By Laughterisfree

Hailey is a normal "prep". She hangs out with her friends, her parents are rich, she's even on the cheer-lead... More

Life goes on
beach party
Community Service <3
Aaron's Prov
Aaron cont.
Prison, Past and Present.
Returning to normal
Normal doesn't fit me
Catching up

Catching up: Part 2

28 1 0
By Laughterisfree

Authors Note: Sorry for the last chapter to leave you hanging about Aaron. It's alright tho, he'll be in this one :/ I wasn't sure if I should put :) or :( because I like that he's in it just not whats happening. Anyways, If anyone is having a hard time following this story just comment-message- or whatever and I'll explain. That goes the same for my other stories too. :D

The next day--------------------Hailey's Prov----------------------------------

I woke up fully determinded to find out the truth about the bank and Aaron. I went to starbucks to get some coffee, you know wake me up. I bought the morning paper. The headline was 'Bank Employee saves the day' It explained how while everyone else was scared and panicked at the robbery an employee, Ashley Rulden, pulled the alarm and saved the day by calling the police. While sipping my coffee I wondered if she knew what really happened. I decided it was worth a shot. I left and found her address easily, thanks to the police station. I went to the station and waited for the receptionist to talk to me. 

"Can I help you?"

"I was wondering where Ashley Rulden lives." I told the worker.

"Can't give out personal info, dear."

"Just hear me out." My quick brain thought of a reason. " My grandma was in the bank when it happened if it wasn't for Ashley she could of-" I faked a sob " She could have been killed. I couldn't bare that because she means everything to me. I just wanted to say thank you to that wonderful woman" 

The worker nodded. "Alright, just don't tell anyone I'm doing this."

"You don't know how much this means to me." I reached over the counter and hugged her. 

She smiled and sent me on my way. I made it to Ashley's place and knocked on the door.

She opened it, "Yes?"

"I was wondering if I could have a word with you?"

"No thanks."

"Please Ashley. It's important."

She eyed me, seeing if I was a threat. Finally she nodded and let me in. We sat down on her couch and she just stared at me. 

"What?" She broke the silence.

I toke a deep breath, "What happened at the bank?"

"Are you a reporter because I already gave my story and-"

I shook my head no. 

"Good, the press has been bugging me for an interview. I just want to move on and forget about it."

"I'm sorry for what happened to you."

"It's ok, not your fault."

"Will you tell me what happened now?"

Slowly she nodded, "A teen came in robbed it, I pressed the alarm calling th police, he was caught, End of story."

"Will you tell me what really happened?"

"I'm afraid I don't know what you mean."

"I mean what really happened. Your sroty is bull."

"He told me this would happen." She paced back and forth. 

"What would happen."

"Nothing, What I said was what happened. OK?! THAT'S IT! I don't know what you want to hear but sorry that's the truth!"

I looked down defeated. Was I crazy for believing Aaron wanted to be caught, maybe I just wanted to believe he had a reason. He was just one screwed up emo like Courtney and Jason said. 

"I'm sorry for bothering you. I'll leave you alone now." I said full of sorrow. "It's just Aaron was my friend, he's a nice guy or so I thought. I had my mind set that someone forced him to rob it. I just wanted to believe the guy I fell for-" I sighed before continuing  "I'm sorry, I'll be on my way."

 Ashley looked around, "Your not fooling with me right? Because if your fucking with me right now, I swear."

"I'm being dead honest. Aaron and I were just starting to get close before it got all fucked up."

"Don't swear young lady."

"Sorry"

She took a deep breath before continuing. "Okay, when Aaron robbed the bank I was terrified, I thought 'look at that freak he's a psycho.' Then, of course like Karma he picked me to get the vault open. I was so scared, I thought he would cut me or something. Once out of eye shot of the others he asked me if anyone called the cops. I replied no. He asked how someone would and if they could trace it back to the person who called. I said Ya its proto call so he told me to do it. He told me not to tell anyone because it could be my last mistake. Once it went off we went back to the group and acted like we were unaware of who did it. He questioned people and brought one man back to find out who did it, even though we knew. When they came back it looked like he had been slapped but I brushed the thought away untill know. He made his demands to the cops and then pulled me out of the group again. He told me to make sure I didn't tell, once more. He was pacing when he did, I distracted him or something and he fell ripping his shirt, he had stiches fresh stiches. They looked like they were done the day before by him or someone untrained. It was even bleeding a little. I gasped of course and he told me unless I want to end up like him to learn how to keeep a secret. I don't think he wanted to rob it." By this time Ashley was in tears. " He seemed like a nice boy. I'm not sure what caused him to rob it, but he only seemed tense in the presence of the crowd like one of them would hurt him or something. I know it sounds crazy but-"

I hugged her for comfort. "It doesn't sound crazy. I believe you. You were right he's one of the sweetest guys that I know. I was watching the tv and I think he wanted to be caught. I don't know why but the whole thing seems fishy. I'm glad you told me Ashley. Thank You." 

She smiled, "My daughter will be home soon, you better go."

I nodded before saying "Thank You" again.

I went home thinking about the whole thing. The only logical explanation I could muster was this: 

Blake wanted Aaron to rob the bank. He was unwilling. Blake beat him up or something so Aaron had to make his own stiches because the hospital it expensive and he didn't want people to know his dad hurts him. Blake, his dad, forces him to rob it. In order to escape his dad's horrible being he got himself caught. Now he's protected in jail. 

Ya that must be it.

Aaron's Prov-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 It was an understatement to say I wasn't totally f*cked. I was in prison with a bomb, let me rephrase that, A F*CKING TICKING TIME BOMB Inside me! The police men hadn't been nice at all, they kept shoving and pushing, the whole time I was trying to not hit anything to hard for fear of explosion! Now inside the prison I was extremely careful not to piss anyone off, one punch in the stomach and bye-bye world. At least I think thats how it works, I just know I'm not taking any chances.

Blake had told me that he was going to push a botton to explode it, but I wasn't sure if that was the only way to set it off. Fu*k! Sh!t  I'm so screwed!!!!! This time I'm going to back to 13. Jst like last time I was bunking with Pete the Freak! I was lucky I didn't have to go to 14 even though they were debating it. Now, I'll have a court date in a week to determine my punishment. It'll probably twenty years or something crazy, not that that will matter with my BOOM and all. I tried telling one of the guards about the bomb but he just told my lawyer I should plead insanity. Some help.  I was just releaved I still had a week untill Saturday, I hated Saturday's in prison. The whole every section in one place, it drives me mad. There ain't to nice of people here. Really, I was just worried about running into one fellow.  

The guard came to my cell. He eyed Pete who was sleeping and then me.

"Visiter for you, Aaron."

I nodded and followed him out. We went where all the people go to meet the people who still cared, this is the first vistor I ever had. I was a little curious who it was. I sat down in a chair, facing the glass wall infront of me. Looking through it I recongized who it was immedatily.

"Hailey?"

She picked up the phone I followed in her ways.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Visiting, what about you?" She teased.

I smirked. Leave it to Hailey to make me smile while in prison. "I'm serious what are you doing here?"

"I know what really happened."

I looked at her puzzled. Was she talking about the robbery?

"You wanted to be caught" She finished.

"Keep Your Voice Down. How'd you know that?" I whispered the end. 

"It wasn't hard to figure out. Now explain to me why."

"Just drop it. Okay, I want you to leave. I don't want you anywhere near the jail!" 

"What?"

I stood up and shouted. "GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE!"  

She looked on the verge of tears. Sh!t. What did I say. It was uncalled for, but truthfully I wasn't sure when the bomb was going to explode and I didn't want her anywhere near here when it happened.

She left so the guard brought me back to my cell. 

Hailey's Prov----------------------------------------------------------

After my screwed up incounter with Aaron, I was only more confused. Did he even like me? I obviously liked him, even if he was a crazy emo. Argh, why is this so complicated. Love in movies are all like 'Love you-Love You too-The End'. Well, in the movies I watch it usually has makeout scenes and a marriage b ut close enought to how I said. 

Once I was home I got on the internet. Poking around I remembered how before internet people used books. Just joking, people still use books. But I was going to use the local phone book. I think the last time I picked up a phone book I was in 2nd grade. I looked until I found Aaron's last name. Luckily there was only one house with the same last name. I called it, hoping his mom could clarify what happened and why she lets her husband do this. 

"Hello?" I presume Aaron's mom asked.

 "Are you Aaron's mom?" 

"We don't use that name in our house anymore, good day."

"WAIT, I just wanted to talk about the money you could sue the prison for."

"What? Why would we sue them?"

"That's what I'm here to talk about. Aparently the prison has been mis-giving prisoner's their medicine. It's a huge deal and the families are making a fortune. May I come by later to explain more?"

"Of course. Do you know where the house is?"

"No, I'd love directions." 

I hung up after I had finished writing the directions. Lying: I seem to be doing more and more of it. I drove to his house, which was a twenty minutes away. It was actually a nice house. White, normal size, well managed. I'm suprised he seems so down all the time with this lovely place. Oh ya, maybe he killed-er- got framed for killing his sister here. I shuttered at the thought. I knocked twice and then they let me in. The inside of the house was just as nice as the outside. Glancing at the pictures of his family I relized there wasn't any of him. Only his mom, dad, and sister. His mom and I were sitting on the couch, she even made us tea. 

"So what's all this about money?"

"Can I confess something." I asked honestly.

"Sure sweety."

"The whole sue thing isn't true. I made it up. I just really needed to talk to you."

"You Lied?? Well, why it hell would you do that??"

"It's just... I'm Aaron's friend and-"

"Look, You seem like a nice girl. You shouldn't be messing around with Fuck-ups like him."

"He's your son!"

"Tisk-tisk." She chimmed. "He never really was, always bad. He was just a rotten egg. It happens the only thing I regret is not getting him aborted, but I was so looking forward to a son. Until he ruined it. Now I'm childless, he told you right. About his sister, the one he killed."

I nodded. What is the ladies problem. The door unlocked. "Who's that?" I asked.

"Probably his father. Come on in Honey, were in the livingroom." 

I got nervous, the man who forced Aaron to do all those horrible things was coming here. I looked at him as he entered the room. Only he wasn't the thirty something- Blake- It was another man. 

"This is his dad?"

She nodded. 

"oh, Well. I'll be on my way."

"Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out, hun."

What a b!tch. How did Aaron turn out so wonderful with all this sh!t in his life. It amazes me how wonderful he is knowing he had to deal with these lunitics. I was about to leave when one of his families pictures caught my eye. I walked back into the living room.

"Aaron's a really nice guy. If you all are to F*cked up to realize that then go to Hell. He's the most amazing man I've ever met. He's Wonderful, even after he's been threw so much."

His mom leaned closer to his dad and whispered, "She's only saying that because he's her F*ck toy."

"What The Hell Is Your Problem Lady?!! That's your son. Why on Earth would you be so Cold?!! I DON'T think he Killed his Sister! He even Told me that! If you all Can't see how Wonderful he is the F*CK You! Your Not worth his Time anyway!" I stormed out of their house, Slamming the door behind me. 

 Driving home I started thinking, So my idea is F*cked. Blake's not his dad. My mind was completely lost in all of this. Aaron's parents are total brats. He's in Jail. I hope he's okay. He's been through so much. His sister being killed. What if he wa there, is that why they blame him for her death? Was He with her when she died? Oh, F*ck what happened to him?! 

Focusing back to reality I remembered I was still drving, just in time to see a car heading straight towards me. I dodged it, but only to hit a pole. The car julted stop. Breaking the window and smashing the car. I hit the stearing wheel with my head knocking me unconsious and creating a gash on my forehead. The glass from the window cutting my skin and causing a lot of blood loss.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...