A Thousand Encounters

By LettingYouIn

He, Disciplined! She, a beautiful chaos! He, Stalwart! She, a wanderer! He, a soldier! Sh... More

Introduction
Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Chapter-3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Chapter-7
Chapter-8
Chapter-9
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter-19
Chapter-20
Chapter-21
Chapter-22
Chapter-23
Chapter-24
Chapter- 25
Chapter-26
Chapter-27
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Chapter-31
Chapter-32
Chapter-33
Chapter-34
Chapter-35
Chapter-36
Chapter-37
Chapter-38
Chapter-39
Chapter-40
Chapter-41
Chapter-42
Chapter-43
Chapter-44
Chapter-45
Chapter-46
Chapter-47
Chapter- 48
Chapter-49
Chapter-51
Chapter-52
Chapter-53
Chapter-54
Chapter-55
Hola
Chapter-56
Hello there!!
Chapter-57
Chapter-58
Chapter-59
Chapter - 60
Chapter- 61
Chapter-62
Chapter-63
Chapter-64
Chapter - 65
Chapter-66
Chapter-67
Author's Note

Chapter-50

3.6K 509 123
By LettingYouIn

Mr Murthy's eyes followed Nandini's artless gaze and it didn't take him two seconds to remind Nandini what she had promised.

"You promised," He whispered in her ear and Nandini already felt like screwing all the cursory promises.

"Don't forget I..." He started another chain of words and Nandini had to reply the impatient man.

"I remember Dad. Get over these stupid threats," She snapped at her father. Manik's gaze had this blend of glee, impatience and something very unknown. Nandini hadn't seen such shade in his eyes before. He looked so serious all of sudden.

Nandini smiled at him as if trying to tell him how much she had missed him but Manik was somewhat lost in emotions he was feeling. His feet worked towards her direction and it didn't take Mr Murthy a second more to drag Nandini amid fancy crowd.

"Leave my hand, Dad," Nandini said through her teeth.

"I am not a kid," She was mad.

Her eyes struggled to keep Manik in her sight.

"You are not meeting that cadet here," Her father declared and dragged her somewhere.

Manik's feet didn't stop even when he had lost Nandini in that huge gathering. She looked different tonight. When his eyes had found her, twinkle in her eye was missing. She looked like someone who was thousand miles away from him. Her sparkling dress dimmed her shine. She seemed like a faraway dream.

Out of sudden, a fear had engulfed him. It was again a stupid wave. It was like she was going away. His eyes roamed around to search her. There were people everywhere. All belonged to elite class. Manik was of course out of place.

His eyes caught glimpse of that same man who had dared to clutch Nandini's hand and she hadn't punched his face in return. If he was asked, Nandini looked out of her element.

That guy was laughing his heart out and as Manik proceeded towards him, he found Nandini standing beside her father just next to that irritating guy. Her eyes were dancing as if she was trying to catch someone.

It has to be him. Manik caressed his collar already in a smug that he was the one. Though she never confessed but he somewhat knew that he was special ever since they had met. Her exclusive heater, entertainment package, kitten and what not.

Nandini's eyes finally found her man and her lips formed a smile which could transcript fireworks. Mr Murthy stiffened as he saw brass-necked Cadet walking towards them. Renesh's eyes followed the amusing subject and he too stopped giggling.

"Manik," Nandini called before her father again starts chase of mouse and cat.

Manik sighed finally hearing the voice he knew. His girl wasn't possessed. He was relieved.

Mr Murthy glared Nandini and she shrugged her shoulder totally telling how she was behaving very well.

Manik reached them and passed Mr Murthy a tight lipped smile. He was angry for something unknown and couldn't even hide it.

Nandini bit her lower lip totally screwing her lipstick which her mother had chosen spending an hour. She couldn't tell how difficult it was not to hop on her cadet because seeing him after two days was like fur balls snowing in month of December.

Tapping her feet, she saw her cadet dancing his toes inside boots. He was nervous for sure. He called it nervousness while she named it excitement.

"What are you doing here, Cadet Malhotra?" Mr Murthy asked totally masking his face under sweet smile.

"I am..." Before he could answer, an announcement dimmed the light. Nandini sneaked a bit off her father's shadow as she walked where Manik was standing.

Tiptoeing she whispered, "You are a savior." Manik turned his face to find her standing next to him. His lips instantly formed a smile he himself couldn't see coming.

"Today is the day when this town saw face of man who has conquered continents," Mr Mayor spoke standing on stage.

"I don't know how to thank him enough for accepting this proposal of feast but Mr Samuel, We are thoroughly thankful," He added and applaud filled the hall.

"Whom he is talking about?" Manik murmured totally popping under her touch. Her hand had clutched his in dark of glitter.

Before Nandini could decide to ignore answering his question, spotlight passed them just to get jammed on Renesh who had worn a humble smile.

He walked towards stage while Mr Mayor added some more words in his praise.

"I would appreciate if Mr Murthy could join us as well. It's because of him this town gets so many amenities," Mr Mayor said and Mr Murthy smiled in gratitude.

He looked at Nandini who was bathing under same spotlight as his. Her hand was in hand on man he hated while he safely managed to avoid the spotlight.

"Shall we?" He asked his daughter. He couldn't leave her behind just to get disappeared with that cadet. Nandini smiled and held his hand. Her father led her to stage while people smiled at father-daughter duo.

Manik kept looking at her as she went away. Renesh gave a lengthy yet excellent speech. Manik assumed it was somewhat good because people applauded it like best thing. He didn't hear a word because he was busy calculating things. Nandini was standing between Renesh and Mr Murthy. There were some calculations to be done.

"Now I would like to ask our guest of honor to grace the dance floor, it's tradition of this town hall how no celebration goes unsung," Mr Mayor said in his ever perfect voice and hall got filled with excitement.

Renesh turned around and looked at Nandini. Nandini stared him as if refusing already.

"May I?" He asked extending his hand. Nandini bit inside of her lip not wanting words to slip her mouth. It was a drama where she was playing the victim and she hadn't have an escape even when he was standing right in front of her eyes.

"You promised," Mr Murthy let the words out leaning towards her.

Nandini took Renesh's hand with a smile that stood for I-freaking-signed-up-for-this. There was no way she was going to feel responsible ever again. Feeling responsible was a way of letting people screw you. It was one fancy shit.

Turning her head to meet her father's eyes, she murmured, "You are forgetting every night has an end." Smile from Mr Murthy's face faded away. Renesh walked to dance floor holding Nandini's hand while people cheered for God knew what.

Nandini's eyes searched for Manik but he wasn't anywhere. Renesh kept his hand on her waist softly and her eyes stabbed him. He looked unsure for a second but then seeing her sighing deep, he proceeded.

Song played and slowly dance floor got filled with people.

Nandini couldn't see her kitten anywhere. She was sure he was standing somewhere already nagging to himself. She couldn't let him do alone. She needed to hear him every freaking time.

"Which part of sticking together your brain didn't process, Manik," Colonel barked at Manik in a corner.

"This isn't an army event where you can roam around. Besides, You are already on radar of Madhav," He added while Manik could pay no heed. His eyes were trying to reach dance floor.

"I am talking to you, Manik," Colonel yelled at him and he straightened.

"I am warning you one last time," He warned and before he could charge the boy more, someone called him.

Manik ran to reach the dance floor and found her dancing with that guy whom everyone loved. His nose flared and hands reached to hold his waist. That's how he stood every time he felt like throwing an instant fit of drama. He looked around and found Nandini's parents talking. They looked happy about something.

He couldn't let this happen. Everything was going wrong this evening. Nandini was dressed up overly. She wasn't blasting people. Now she was dancing with some business tycoon. What was wrong with everything? He asked and decided not to write thesis on irony anymore. He needed to act. He bucked himself and stepped on.

Renesh felt a tap on his shoulder and found Manik standing there with a smile.

"May I?" Manik asked and Renesh looked baffled.

Nandini was already off to take Manik's hand as if was waiting for him. Renesh had to feel baffled.

He walked away with a graceful smile not wanting to look amused.

Nandini's smile wasn't leaving her lips and Manik couldn't bring himself to smile. He was somewhat angry. Somewhat was understatement.

"You are amusing me, Cadet," She complimented the valor.

He looked away huffing as if trying to show his displeasure.

"I know I know you wanna meow but let's just dance for now," She said knowing what he wanted. Stepping closer, she wrapped her arms around his neck. He was immediately attentive.

"Why won't you bite him for daring to even think of dancing with you?" Manik asked not getting a hold on his concern. His voice was bitter.

Nandini laughed seeing her disturbed cadet.

"Because I promised to behave," She divulged.

Manik scrunched his nose not understanding what she meant.

"Don't use your overworked brain. Just dance," She commanded and he complied. It was better to work your legs than your brain.

That was another thing how there were eyes eyeing them bad. Murthy's were more than infuriated. Colonel was frustrated. His cadet was becoming a rebel in love. Renesh was sipping sips of insult. He had a stake in it. He knew it very moment he had to leave stage because of that guy. He was all game.

It was an art how Nandini sneaked them both in a dark corner where no spotlight could find them. Manik was still working his feet thinking of little flee as a dance. Nandini's eyes were patrolling the area like a true soldier-bound woman. Manik looked at her as if trying to read what was on her mind. Before he could, she pecked his lips just to murmur, "I missed you." He stood there dumbfound. She was synonym to audacity and he could never see her coming.

She smiled seeing him flustered. His lips were open trying to find some words. She giggled and pecked his lips again. But this time a reaction flashed. A flashlight caught their moment and Manik's head snapped to find a camera in dark.

A headline awaited the morning how daughter of Madhav Murthy kissed a boy in dark.

_________

_______________________

Unedited*

And it's a half century! *Adding some fireworks* *Yippee*

Thanks each and everyone for all the love for this baby of mine. <3 I couldn't be more blessed to find such fellow passengers of this crazy ride.

Loads of love <3 <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

464 92 42
A Rollercoaster Of Love!
232K 7K 34
A Girl. Not just any ordinary good girl. Meets a not so ordinary badboy. Where two world's meet and crossover to both Sides, where love is found, W...
138 50 24
A sophisticated commander and the newest army recruit are the subjects of this tale, which follows them as they gradually travel the road to love. Bu...
9.4M 618K 75
An Arranged Marriage Story. #1 Hot (17-11-23) #1 Happyending (17-11-23) #2 Shy (13-11-23) #3 Cold hearted (27- 10- 23) POWER!!!!! That's what he alwa...