The Next to be Taken

By DezWeasel767

Ever wondered why some people are afraid of midnight or always portrays it as a bad time of night? It's for... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Tweleve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty- six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty- Eight
Chapter Twenty- Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty- Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty

Chapter Three

2K 46 11
By DezWeasel767

I was taken inside, my head was spinning from the contact I made with the wood. I was held still in a gentle fist. I slouched a little, resting my elbow on his hand and placing my head in my hand. I rubbed the side of my head, my fingers wondered to the center of my forehead. The feeling I got, made me jerk my hand back.

Red liquid, on the tips of my fingers. Sheesh, I must have jacked my forehead up.
"Don't do that." Dash calmly told me, opening a door. But before he entered, he looked back to his brother.  "Go check the kids for me, I'll take care of her."

Kent nodded his head, turned on his heel, and left. Dash went into the room, closing the door behind him. The room was dark, I could barely see a thing.
And kids? What kids? Oh my gosh, they better not be giants too. Ugh! I am going to lose my mind if they don't kill me! But I saw worry in Dash's eyes when I got hit, he cared enough to help with my injury. And I'm sure if he really wanted to kill me, he would have done it back at the woods. What if he....... ugh, never mind. Maybe he actually does care but I'm just stuck with him for the rest of my life.

Lights filled my vision, making me clamp them shut and barely hold a hand up to block the light. I slowly lowered my hand, trying to make my eyes open. To my surprise, his grip became very loose on me to the point of letting go. I thought he was just dropping me for a second and I was caught off guard and half blinded that I stumbled a little and fell to my knees.
"Oh, I'm sorry." He apologized. I looked down beneath me, a table? A box was set next to me, I jumped in surprise, looking up at it. I was barely taller than the box itself.

Dash didn't pay me no mind at first, he took a seat at the table and began to open the box. Pulling out supplies he might need. Disinfectant, Q tips, pain medicine, etc.
when he got what he needed out, he pushed the box back and out the way. He grabbed the disinfectant, dipping the Q tip in it. He put that aside, looked back to me, then froze.

He pulled what he wanted out with confidence, like he knew what he was doing until he got to me, then just seemed unsure. Like he didn't know if I would let him or bite his hand off trying.

"C-can I..-" He hesitated to bring his hands closer. I sent him a glare, scooting a bit back. He stopped,  then retracted his hands.

"Okay, why do you not like me? What made you dislike me from the very beginning?" Dash asked, wanting me to answer.

"Oh, I don't know." I put my finger to my chin, like I was thinking about it. "How about you scared me when I was little, made me lose my chances of getting a family, making me live on the streets at such a young age and stealing to survive, haunted me, and finally the icing on the cake! You kidnapped me!"

He seemed to have flinched back at the volume of my voice, like he was scared of me. He remained calm, then responded with.
"I know, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you, I had no intentions of that. I'm sorry to have ruined your chances. But I came to the village for good intentions."

I crossed my arms. "And that is?"

He paused. "To help the other children."

I looked at him, wanting him to explain himself.

"Have you heard of the increasing population of homeless children on the streets?" He tugged a little at his jacket.

"Of course."

"Them, I was trying to help them. That tree you were on earlier, I put that there."

"You, planted that there?" I crossed one leg underneath me, having the other leg bent.

"I did. They were starving, dying. The ones I couldn't help, I put that there so they could have food. I put some scattered around near the city."

He was trying to help them... but that doesn't mean he's helping me! If he just left me alone, then maybe I could have had a normal family by now. A Mother, a Father, perhaps some siblings. But then again I guess I could sorta blame myself too since I was the first one to make a move. Dash didn't do anything, he was just present.

By the time I got back out of my thoughts, I heard him mumbling something, I looked over at him, just in time for him to grab my head with his pointer finger and thumb.

I tried to of course pull away but he held me still, dabbing some type of liquid on my forehead. It burned, a whimper almost escaped my lips but I wouldn't allow it. I didn't want to seem weak to him.

His face twisted to an expression of worry, like he didn't like what he was doing. He quickly dropped the cotton ball and grabbed the last thing he needed while he still held onto my head. He placed a small bandage onto it. Sticking it onto the wound, while he still had me in place. He let go quickly, letting me scoot back a few. I instantly put my hand up to my forehead.

"Eh eh eh! Don't mess with it." He warned.

I pulled my hand away, my eyes going over to him.

"Weeeee may have started off on the wrong foot."He started as he began to get up.

"Don't, touch me." I put my hands to my head, preparing for him to grab me anyways. After a few seconds of nothing happening, I looked up in curiosity.

He stood to his full height, left arm behind his back and right hand placed on the table, palm up. "Yes, Ma'am."

I looked at him in confusion, he acted so much like a gentlemen.
I stared at his hand like it was a monster.
"Come on." He quietly urged.

I gave a few glances at Dash and his hand, then I brought myself up onto to my feet.
"Where are we going..?"

"Just going to introduce you to the others."

"O-others?" I fiddled my hands. Does he mean other giants?

"It's no need to worry, they won't bite."

I felt something nudge me from behind, looking behind myself, it was Dash's other hand trying to urge me to climb on. Without thinking I took a few steps forward, realizing at the last steps that the flooring felt weird. I was lifted away and out of the room. For the first time so far, he is actually letting me sit in his hand. Not in a fist like he's been doing, but like he knew I wouldn't run. But then again, how could I?

I looked over the side of his hand, seeing first a very long fall, then the hard floor after it. I would love to leave him but, I prefer not to kill myself in the process.

"Here we are." He grabbed the door knob. He looked down to me before opening it.
"Oh! I have to go fix dinner at this moment, but you can go ahead on in." He got down to his knee, bringing me to the floor.

"Wait, who am I meeting? And you just take me here to leave me? I would have thought you would keep a closer eye on me once I'm here.." I tucked my hands into my pockets.

He threw his eye brows up, then responded with. "No need to be nervous, they are family. And don't worry, I have a bunch of eyes in there to keep on you."

"Who says I'm nervous? You're not giving me enough information on telling me who they are. And a bunch of eyes? How many do you have in there?!" I looked back at the door which he now cracked open slightly.

He smiled and rolled his eyes. "Go see for yourself, I'll be back shortly. Right now, I have something to do." He nudged me into the room, then shut the door. Looking ahead of myself, I had to quickly duck down, almost getting smacked in the face by a ball. A child ran up to claim it.

"Sorry!" The boy said to me quickly before running back to rejoin the game with his other friends. Humans.... I  don't know why but I was expecting giants. It's all of the human children Dash had...... practically kidnapped.. the room like the rest of the buildings that I have seen, was giant sized. It was a long rectangular room, long giant tables lined the walls. Some how, some kids managed to get on top of that and talk with the other children.

Poles were in the center of the tables, for a fast way down. Ropes hung from the ceiling next to the tables, kids climbed up them and or used them as another way to get down. There were so many of them, I couldn't just count them all........ I need to get out of here..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

280K 5.9K 33
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION You do magic once, and it sticks to you like glitter glue... When Johnny and his best friend, Alison, pass their summer holid...