The Arranged Love //PM Zion

By Sarzofficial

Jamie Evans, a 16 year old American girl's life changes forever when she moves to Europe to meet her future '... More

Chapter 1 - Mystery Boy
Chapter 2 - Kiss A Toad
Chapter 3 - Jealousy Is Messy
Chapter 4 - Dream Date From Hell
Chapter 5 - Martian
Chapter 6 - K.O
Chapter 7 - Nose Job
Chapter 8 - The Friend Zone
Chapter 9 - Cornered
Chapter 10 - Not So Secret
Chapter 11 - Rubbing Salt In Fresh Wounds
Chapter 12 - Damaged
Chapter 13 - Pull Me Closer
Chapter 14 - Spare Me
Chapter 15 - Monday
Chapter 16 - Secrets & Lies
Chapter 17 - Betrayals
Chapter 18 - Uncovering Truths
Chapter 19 - Internal Struggle
Chapter 20 - Forgiveness
Chapter 21 - Decisions
Chapter 22 - Redemption
Chapter 23 - Choices
Chapter 24 - Love Triangle
Chapter 25 - Afraid to Lose You
Chapter 26 - Saving Myself
Chapter 27 - Drama
Chapter 29 - The Aftermath
Chapter 30 - Hold On Tight
Chapter 31 - Old Wounds
Chapter 32 - Roots
Chapter 33 - Party on
Chapter 34 - Guilty Pleasures
Chapter 35 - The Unexpected
Chapter 36 - Awkward
Chapter 37 - Doubt
Chapter 38 - Forgotten Sins
Chapter 39 - Regret
Chapter 40 - Home
Chapter 41 - Consequences
Chapter 42 - You Left
Chapter 43 - Denial
Chapter 44 - Mine
Chapter 45 - Stronger Together
Chapter 46 - Stories of the Past
Chapter 47 - Forever Ago
Chapter 48 - Gone
Chapter 49 - Rescue
Chapter 50 - Sacrifices
The Arranged Proposal Is Out Now!!!

Chapter 28 - The Darkness

1.5K 60 77
By Sarzofficial

*Jamie's Pov*

I stared at the note again in disbelief.

Row row row your boat gently off a cliff.

I'm gonna kill you today.

You will not be missed.
-J

Are you kidding me?

This shit barely even rhymed.

"What does it say?" Jesse asked when he noticed my face go pale.

I handed it over to him and watched as he and Zion read the contents of the letter, waiting for their reaction.

"She sent you a death threat?" Zion asked slightly outraged.

"Oh please, the only thing that is dying is poetry." I joked trying to laugh it off.

"Jamie, this isn't funny." He chastised me. Then he turned to Jesse and said "Can't you keep your mentally deranged sister on a leash?"

I waited for Jesse to protest, saying Jessica wasn't crazy but he didn't.

"I don't even know where she is." Jesse answered.

"You don't think she's serious, is she?" I asked when I noticed the look of fear and worry in his eye.

"At this point it's hard to tell. Her obsession with Zion seems to be making her mentally unstable. She could be capable of anything." Jesse said.

Even murder?

Sure, she was a real bitch but surely she isn't capable of taking away someone's life, right?

"What do you mean capable of anything? Is she gonna come after Jamie?" Zion asked, looking like he wanted to punch a wall at this point.

"Dude, I'm not a psychologist but ever since she met you, she's been different. She describes you like a prize to be won and to her, Jamie is the only opponent standing in her way." Jesse said.

"So what? She's gonna take her out? Is this some fun game to her?" Zion asked, clearly frustrated.

Take me out?

Consider me officially terrified.

"Stop it! You're scaring Jamie." Jesse said reading my thoughts.

"I'm not scared." I said trying to reassure them but I'm pretty sure the crack in my voice gave me away.

"Jamie it's okay. I won't leave your side." Jesse said.

"Really? You only have first period with her while I have the exact same schedule as her. So I'll protect her. " Zion argued.

Really? This is not happening.

"Hello? I'm right here and just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I'm a damsel in distress. I can protect myself against Jessica. "

Can I? I've never even been in a fight before.

"At least let me watch over you.'' Zion said.

"Whatever. Just don't make a big deal out of it. She could be bluffing for all we know." I said feigning nonchalance.

They both reluctantly nodded in agreement but despite what I just said, I had a feeling I would be looking over my shoulder for the entirety of the school day. Like this place wasn't hell enough already.

Thank you Jessica.

First period went by quickly. Jesse and I were reminded that we were behind on our science project which was due next week so we agreed he would follow me home so we could work on it today.

Honestly, considering all that's going on in my life right now, working on a science project seems so normal and mundane, but I gladly accept the distraction with open arms.

After first period, Zion stuck to me like glue. I pretended it was really unnecessary but deep down, I was glad he didn't leave me alone. I was just happy he wasn't at Jessica's beck and call anymore.

But by fourth period he was getting way too clingy which made me uncomfortable because he always so close to me.

I couldn't handle it anymore so I managed to ditch him, using the sound of the lunch bell as a distraction to sneak to the restroom, avoiding both Zion and possibly Jessica.

While I was in the bathroom stall, I couldn't help but think about what I would do if she attacked me right here right now.

Probably scream and drop my phone in the toilet.

How pathetic.

I finished up and and went to go wash my hands when I saw another message smeared in red paint on the bathroom mirror.

I can get to you anywhere, anytime bitch.

Does she think this is some low budget horror movie?

How did she get in here and write that message so fast?

I ran out of the bathroom, hoping to still catch her and end this once and for all.

But instead of catching the culprit red handed - red handed because she used red paint. See what I did there? Haha.- I bumped into a really pissed off looking Zion.

"Why the hell did you run off? I thought Jessica got to you. Do you know how scared I was? Are...are you crying? Jamie what the hell happened?" He asked, his voice turned harsh to soft in seconds.

I didn't even realize the tears on my own face before he pointed it out.

"It was Jessica she... " I couldn't even complete my sentence before I burst into tears, my sobs taking over my voice.

Why was I even crying? Is this what fear felt like? Or was I just upset because this opened up old wounds from how I was mistreated back in California?

Zion didn't say anything. He just nodded, pulled me close to him and held me like that until I calmed down a little.

People were starting to stare but I didn't care what they thought of me anymore.

Zion was giving me exactly what I needed, arms that I felt safe in.

"I love you." I said before I could stop the words flying out of my mouth.

"I know and I'm not gonna let anything happen to you. I promise." He whispered holding me even tighter.

"I believe you." I said meaning it.

Somehow I knew he would never let Jessica get to me.

We decided to skip lunch and I pretended to be sick so I didn't have to go the rest of my classes.

They didn't let me go home but they let Zion stay with me in the sick bay.

School was finally over and Zion walked me to his car. There was something different about us. We had somehow gotten closer, if that was even possible.

"Ready to go?" He asked while opening the car door for me.

"No, not yet. Jesse is coming along." I said remembering our science project.

"Text him and tell him to hurry up then." He groaned.

Surprised he didn't put up more of a fight, I got out my phone and sent Jesse a text saying we were waiting for him in the parking lot.

"He said he needs help carrying supplies for the project." I said reading the text he sent back, almost immediately.

"I'll go with you." Zion offered.

"No it's fine. I'll only be a minute." I smiled.

"Are you sure?" He asked skeptical.

"Don't worry about me." I said and ran off without giving him a chance to respond.

I found Jesse rummaging around in the supply closet.

"Hey." I said announcing my presence.

"Oh hey. Where were you at lunch?" He said.

"Long story. I'll tell you when we get the hell out of here."

"Okay. Just help me grab that poster board. I thought we could use it for our project. "

"Okay." I said grabbing it. It was pretty long and was practically blocking my field of vision.

"I'm right behind you." He said while grabbing pile of random supplies.

We were out of the building and I led the way to the other side of the parking lot where Zion parked.

Suddenly I heard the sound of screeching tyres and the rest happened in slow motion.

"Jamie watch out!" A voice yelled.

I was shoved out of the way and then a car hit something at lightning speed.

A seemingly lifeless body fell to the ground.

"No! " I screamed.

*Jesse's Pov*

Fear.

Pain.

Darkness.

A/N- (_)

Comment what you thought and please consider voting if you enjoyed the chapter.

Did you like this chapter?

Who do you ship now?

What do you think will happen next?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

848 44 10
nick and callie have had the worst life so far. they move to california for a new start, but what happens when they live with a household of seven?
20.5K 517 28
'I couldn't stop myself. I placed my hand on his bare chest. His caramel skin melted underneath my touch. He was hot, so hot. I put my other arm ar...
5.3K 112 56
an la love story; prettymuch