The Demon They Once Feared. {...

By Barry-The-Berry

When something is broken, can it ever be fixed to how it was before? BOOK 2 OF MY FIRST FANFIC! Also possible... More

Disclaimer & Copyright.
|2| Full Names.
|3|Nightmares Are Just Memories?
|4|Ramen!
|5| Alias?
|6|Weakness.
|7|Ice Pops!
|8|First Mission.
|9| Red.
|10| Talking.
|11|Bye bye~
|12| Happy Rain.
|13| Long Time No See.
|14|Here We Go Again.
|15|Reasons. (CrossOver!)
|16| Late.
|17|Surprise!
|18| The Least I can Do.
|19|Those Eyes.
|20|"Leave My Name Engraved into History!"
|21| It Never Comes From Your Enemies.
|22| Loran.
Aurhors note
|23| Broken Dam
|24| Resolution
|25|Falling Into Place.
|26|Troublesome

|1| The Half Moon.

1.6K 58 20
By Barry-The-Berry

Life is short. We all know it, whether we accept that fact or not, that's a different matter. When someone is young, we naturally think that life was long. We think that we have ages before we have to worry about what we'll do in the future. But then life goes by in a blink of an eye and suddenly, you find yourself at a point where you can't move forward unless you make a decision. That decision will determine what happens next in your life. Whether it was a big decision or a small one, whatever choice you make, it could affect your whole life.

So it's important to make the right choice when you have the chance. Otherwise, it will be difficult. Everything in your life is a reflection of the choices you've made. Make the right ones and nothing bad will happen, right? It's easier said than done. Sometimes good people make bad choices, does that make them bad people? Or does it just mean that they're human? And even if you make the wrong decision, it's how you deal with it that will actually determine what will happen.

Life is short. We all know this, so most people try to do the most with it. Never having enough time to stop everything and truly appreciate life. The small things in life are overlooked, the things that are seen every day. These things can be the things that bring peace to this corrupt world, though many are too busy dealing with their problems, to actually deal with the world's problems. Another decision.

Different situations bring people to have different views on life. And this teenage girl was one of the few that stopped to appreciate the little things. She was one of the few that saw the beauty from the pain. The girl was lying in a field of overgrown grass, all ligaments spread out like a starfish, violet, half-lidded eyes stared at the cloudless, dark sky. And in that dark sky, something shone, brightening the night, not letting the night be in complete darkness. Like a giant torch, though not nearly as bright as the sun.

It was one of the peaceful moments that she appreciated because a gut feeling told her it wasn't going to last. She closed her eyes fully, taking a deep breath of the fresh oxygen that lingered in the air. The overgrown grass was still damp from the quick shower the world had just taken.

After what felt like hours, she re-opened her violet eyes, half-lidded again, staring longer at the silver semi-circle in the air. She slowly lifted a hand, moving it in the view of the moon in a way of shielding her eyes from the brightness.

"A half moon," The girl's voice came out soft. But it was scratchy and dry, "A bright half and a dark half," she dropped her hand to the ground letting it flop with a small thud. A bitter-sweet smile made its way onto her pale lips, "Just like me." She talked to no one, thinking out loud if you want.

The teen sighed, sitting up slowly, golden blonde hair falling in front of her face. She didn't know how much time had gone by when she was in darkness, but it was long enough for her hair to grow back to the long length it had once been. It was messy like it hadn't been washed and brushed in years, which it hadn't, and was all over the place. But the girl couldn't do anything about it in this moment, and she didn't really care about it. The colour stayed the same, the bizarre mix of blonde and red, only now there was more blonde that faded into the bright red. She felt taller as she walked, too, which seemed to be a good thing. But other than that, nothing really felt different. She didn't have a mirror to look at the differences, the thought of her having to look in the mirror terrified her. Did she look as horrible as she felt?

Her ankles and wrists having darker marks, scars, where the cuffs were, along with the others. Dried blood still covered parts of her body and clothes, maybe some in her hair, and the ragged clothes had not been sewed up or replaced.

A fine, blonde eyebrow raised in curiosity as she watched the figure walk towards her. But she made no move, as the man came within speaking distance. He stopped, staring down at the duo hair coloured girl, pale grey eyes watching as she tilted her head up in curiosity.

"You shouldn't be out here at this time," The man spoke breaking the silence, "You don't know what could happen."

"What? So, like, being approached by a strange man in the middle of a field," She responded to the man's dull comment with a voice laced with sarcasm and no worry. The man didn't respond as the girl turned to look back at the half-moon.

Ruffling of the black cloak was heard along with something else. The violet-eyed girl didn't bother to look at what the man was doing and continued to be lost in thought. Her eyes widen in wonder when a piece of freshly cooked bread and a container, that seemed to be filled with a liquid, was placed in front of her sight.

"You look like you need this," He smiled handing the sceptical girl the piece of bread and the water container. She lifted up her dirtied and thin fingers to the water container first. Hesitating when the container was near her mouth, she kept her gaze on the piece of bread the man was still holding. She took a whiff of what the contents were in the wooden liquid container. Smelling nothing, she decided it was only water. No longer hesitating, she placed the container to her lips and gulped down all the liquid there was in the container. Water. The cool liquid ran down her throat, finally feeling the moisture it had lacked. She moved her eyes to the man, handing him back the container going for the piece of bread and eating it like there was no tomorrow.

"Wow, I didn't think you'd actually eat that," The man chuckled bending down to her height and patting her head.

"T-thank you," She whispered, turning her head away. She moved her iris' to the side to get a better look at the man. Long hair, which she couldn't tell colour because of the lighting.

"Now, if you would," He said taking a seat beside the girl. "Why are you out here in the middle of the night?" He asked, watching the girl from the corner of his eye. She stayed silent for a moment, having a silent debate with herself.

"Nothing worth having comes easy," she spoke after a long silence, "I worked for something and I got it."

"And what was that?"

"My freedom," Her voice turned dull and strong. But she didn't stop there, she continued with her speech knowing that the man would ask questions, besides, her throat wasn't dry anymore. "Ever since I was little, I wanted everyone to be happy, even if it meant that I would get hurt in the process. I was naive. But I truly believed everyone could be happy, although, with how I was treated, I would mostly be the unhappy one while everyone else was happy. How would I know if they were happy? That was something I would leave for my future self to think about."

She brought her knees to her chest, hugging them. "Love is the reason why there is pain in the world, Ya know? Knowing what it feels to be in pain, is the reason I try to be kind to others, Ya know." She turned her head to him and grinned for the first time in a long time. "Thank you for your kindness, mysterious person, and I'm sorry for all the pain you had to go through."

The man froze at her words, was he really showing her kindness? He didn't think so. Not at all. But how did she know that he went through tough times in his life?

"What you just told me has nothing to do with freedom," he said, a slight crease in between his eyebrows.

"But people have the freedom to be kind to others, no?" The girl asked, tilting her head to the side in wonder. Silence filled the air as the ma didn't know how to respond.

"You're still naive," He suddenly spoke in a voice different to the one he spoke with her earlier. Her violet eyes widened at his words, snapping her gaze back onto the man. "You trust too easily, Uzumaki Mina."

Somehow, her eyes widened even more. She blinked at the sudden wave of dizziness, rocking back and forth in her sitting position. "He said it would be difficult to gain the nine tales power, but it was easier than I thought, after all, you are alone."

Mina blinked rapidly, using the strength she managed to muster up to jump away from the man. Though, as soon as she stood up, she lost balance and fell forward but managed to stay on her feet. Using her right hand to balance herself, she looked up to see the long-haired man standing up calmly.

Without warning, she shot forward ready to attack the man. For some reason, she felt heavier and slower. But she pushed forward, throwing a series of kicks and punches. They all were dodged due to her sloppy movements.

Before she even had the chance to unseal her weapons, she was hit. It took one hit. One punch to get her crippling in pain, grasping her stomach gasping for air and falling to her knees. "There's no point in fighting me in your state, you may have won the first fight we had. But trust me when I say, I'll win the next fight too." He muttered, "Though, this can't be classed as a fight." That's one way of slowing down a person who can use the Flying Thunder God Technique. Intoxicate them.

Life was short, so it's important to make the right choice when you have the chance, otherwise, it will be difficult.

*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*

I'm excited~!

Thank you guys for reading.

Just a heads up, this is the year where I do really important exams, so if a chapter isn't posted when I want to, blame life. Though, can it really be called life when the moment we are born we start dying?

Unedited, 10/10/17

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 346 30
*This is a Revamped and Renew version of my most popular stories. (Neglected Genius).* Naruto is neglected by his parents and treated horribly by his...
72.8K 2.3K 34
(Very Slow Edits) Would you make a choice that would help fix the past? Are you prepared for the consequences that follow? DISCLAIMER: I DON'T own...
882 1 23
Hello all. This is a story of an oc I've made in the narutoverse(potentially into the Borutoverse as well). This is the third attempt at making it in...
6.8K 121 15
March 16th 2018, story is under editing to make sense. (This was my first ever fanfiction. And is still unfinished.) July 19th 2019, story will be li...