Spock's daughter

De Cinnymoon

Pleeeeaaaase read this story. :) Icheb x OC After many centuries she was found. When she wakes up, she had go... Mais

Cover
That's me
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
II 13
II 14
II 15
II 16
II 17
II 18
II 19
II 20
II 21
II 22
II 23
II 24
III 25
III 26
III 28
III 29
III 30
III 31
III 32
III 33
A/N

III 27

152 5 1
De Cinnymoon

[On the Bridge]

The Voyager arrived at the Brunali homeworld.

"I'm detecting scattered enclaves on the northern continent, all with populations of fewer than ten thousand", Kim reported.

"Judging from the residual gamma radiation, it appears they've suffered numerous Borg attacks over the past decade", Tuvok said.

"That's not surprising. There's a Borg transwarp conduit less than a light year away", Seven noted.

"Not exactly prime real estate." (Paris)

"Tuvok, run continuous scans for Borg activity. Tom, put us into synchronous orbit", Janeway ordered.

"Yes, ma'am." (Paris)

"Seven. You'd better get Icheb."

"What about Lil?"

Janeway looked at Seven with a questioning look.

"She doesn't know?"

Seven shook her head. Janeway sighed, and made a decision.

"Her too."

[At the Sickbay]

"According to these scans, you're in perfect health", the doctor told Icheb.

"Then why does my stomach feel so strange?" the boy questioned.

The doctor scanned it. Then suddenly Lil stormed in.

"Doctor, I heard Icheb is here. Why?"

"Doctor."

"Oh, I should have known. You've got butterflies in there."

"Butterflies?" (Lil)

"I never assimilated butterflies."

"It's an expression used to describe anxiety or apprehension, both of which are perfectly natural reactions for someone about to meet his long lost parents. If it's any comfort, I'm sure they're just as nervous about meeting you", the doctor said.

"Parents?" Lil whispered.

"Yes he's going to meet them today."

"Parents are irrelevant", Icheb said when he saw Lil's reaction from the corner of his eye.

"Really. Do you think Naomi's mother is irrelevant to her?"

"I have Seven of Nine to assist me in my education. I have you to care for my medical needs."

"Your parents can nurture you in ways this crew can't. They can explain the Brunali culture, share their experiences with you."

"You didn't have parents."

"No, but..."

"You adapted to serve a vital function about this vessel, forged relationships with its crew, all without the benefit of parents", Icheb interrupted.

"I had my programming to fall back on."

"And how would your programming respond if you were asked to live with strangers?" the boy asked.

Then Seven entered.

"Are you damaged?" she asked.

"He's fine. I was just giving him a last minute check-up."

"It's time", Seven meant.

"The butterflies will go away", the doctor said to Icheb.

Seven went out, followed by Icheb and a confused Lil, who walked into the other direction. Seven and Icheb noticed.

"Lil? Aren't you coming?" Icheb asked.

Lil flinched, her muscles tensed and she turned around slowly.

"I'm sorry but I can't. I have to do some work at the engine room."

"I'll see you later then?" Icheb asked.

Lil nodded.

"Yeah, of course", she said, smiling hesitantly.

Icheb's looked at Seven and then at Lil again and walked towards the girl. He grabbed her face fiercely and with a strong grip and kissed her long and passionately.

"I'll be back soon. Don't worry", the teenager said after they parted.

Lil nodded and watched walk away before she turned around and went to the engine room. B'elanna was surprised to see her.

"Hey Lil. What are you doing here? It's not work time for you yet. And shouldn't you be on the way to the planet by now."

Lil's eyes got wet. The half Klingon came up to her and wrapped her in a tight hug.

"Hey, what's going on?"

"I-I just... couldn't. I know we're mates, b-but I have a b-bad feeling, that it w-won't last", the crying girl whined.

"Oh sweetie. And now you want to work here a little to get your mind off of it?"

Lil nodded.

"Vorik and me wanted to work in the Jefferies tubes. You can come with us."

The half Vulcan girl waited patiently when B'elanna went to get Vorik. When the Vulcan saw the tear stained face looking at him, she was crushed in another tight hug.

"Why is my baby sis crying?"

"I'm telling you later. Now I just want to get my mind off of it."

[At the Brunali settlement]

Tuvok, Janeway, Seven and Icheb beamed down.

"Hello. I'm Captain Janeway", Janeway greeted.

Icheb's mother spoke first.

"Icheb", Yifay greeted her son with a relieved smile.

"You've grown." (Leucon)

"He spent several months in a Borg maturation chamber", Seven cut in.

"This is Seven of Nine."

"That's a Borg designation, isn't it?" Yifay asked.

"Like your son, I was liberated from the Collective."

"Seven has been instrumental in helping Icheb make his transition." (Janeway)

"Then we're very grateful to you. I'm Leucon, Icheb's father. This is his mother, Yifay."

"How are you?"

"Fine."

"Do these hurt you?"

She was going to touch the remains of her son's cortical implant by the bridge of his nose, but his head backed away a few centimeters.

"No", he shot.

"We're very happy to have you back with us. Mala, Remi, Yivel."

"Welcome home, Icheb." (Yivel)

"I would like to return to Voyager now. And to my mate."

"Your mate?" his mother asked confused.

"By the way, where is she", Janeway wanted to know.

"Working in the engine room", Seven answered.

[Briefing room]

"Thank you for coming." (Janeway)

"Where's Icheb?" Leucon wanted to know.

"I thought it might be better if we talked ourselves first."

"What exactly is there to discuss?"

"How to make this transition easier for your son. Please, sit down."

"It won't be easy for him to give up the luxuries of your ship."

"It's more than a question of luxuries. Icheb has special medical needs."

"We have a physician in our settlement." (Leucon)

"We should arrange for him to consult with our Doctor."

"He also requires daily regeneration", Seven argued.

"I'm sure you can adapt some of our technology to make that possible."

"What about his educational requirements?" Seven shot the next question.

"Our children go to school", Yifay answered.

"Will he be able to continue his studies in Astrometrics and spatial harmonics?"

"If Icheb has an aptitude for science, I'm sure he'll find that we have a great deal to teach him."

"For example..."

"We've developed sophisticated techniques in agricultural genetics which allow us to grow crops in an inhospitable environment."

"Icheb has expressed no interest in agriculture." (Seven)

"I'm sure once he's been exposed to the subject, he'll find it quite challenging." (Janeway)

"There's still the issue of his safety."

"We're perfectly capable of protecting our son." (Yifay)

"Your proximity to a Borg conduit makes you extremely vulnerable. I'm curious if you've ever considered relocating."

"Seven."

"No, it's all right, Captain. This planet is our home. We will never leave it. We will defend it against the Borg or anyone else who threatens us." (Leucon)

"Your courage is admirable but unrealistic. And Icheb also has the need for his mate."

"We have plenty of girls back home."

"What???!!!" Seven exclaimed furiously, "you expect him to replace Lil?"

"Wait for me in my ready room", Janeway ordered.

"Captain."

"Now."

Seven turned around and left.

"I apologise for her behaviour. She and Icheb have grown very close and Icheb and Lil they're completely in love, but that's no excuse to Seven for rudeness."

"We'd like to see our son now", Leucon demanded.

"Please be patient. If we rush things, your next encounter with him may not go any better than the last. Stay aboard Voyager for a while. It'll give Icheb a chance to get to know you in an environment that's familiar to him. I'll have Neelix do everything he can to make you comfortable while you're here."

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

129K 5.4K 36
Ava is a human that has never been to earth. That is because a few decades before she was born, the earth became unlivable. All of the governments ca...
22 0 4
A massive alien ship and a human in a small pod, in cryogenic sleep, thousands of light-years away from earth. What could go wrong and how will he ge...
5.1K 107 18
Bellatrix O'Connor is a stowaway. She's snuck aboard the USS Enterprise to get a glimpse of the Starfleet life. What will happen when the Romulans fr...
152K 5.6K 30
Kestrel Stibbons is part of an extinct race and trying to keep her head down and work her way up through Starfleet . . . but being friends with Jim K...