Don't Tell Him He's In Love W...

By CookiesIX

Ocyne Liyla is one of the world's favourite authors. Her life is a secret, unknown to even her most enthusias... More

Sh, Don't Tell Him He's in Love With a Genius
:Genius: Chapter One
:Genius: Chapter Two
:Genius: Chapter Three
:Genius: Chapter Four
:Genius: Chapter Five
:Genius: Chapter six
:Genius: Chapter Seven
:Genius: Chapter Eight
:Genius: Chapter Nine
:Genius: Chapter Ten
:Genius: Chapter Eleven
:Genius: Chapter Thirteen
:Genius: Chapter Fourteen
:Genius: Chapter Fifteen
:Genius: Chapter Sixteen
:Genius: Chapter Seventeen
:Genius: Chapter Eighteen
:Genius: Chapter Nineteen
:Genius: Chapter Twenty
:Genius: Chapter Twenty One
:Genius: Chapter Twenty Two
:Genius: Chapter Twenty Three
:Genius: Chapter Twenty Four
:Genius:Chapter Twenty Five
:Genius: Chapter Twenty Six
:Genius: Chapter Twenty Seven
:Genius: Chapter Twenty Eight
:Genius: Chapter Twenty Nine
:Genius: Chapter Thirty

:Genius: Chapter Twelve

4.4K 90 13
By CookiesIX

I'm not dead. But when I am, it's like... I don't know, I guess it's like being inside a book that nobody's reading.... An old one. It's up on a library shelf, so you're safe and everything, but the book hasn't been checked out for a long, long time. All you can do is wait. Just hope somebody'll pick it up and start reading. ~Tim O'Brien

Biology was a lesson I loved and excelled at. Science wasn't always my calling, when I had to work harder and harder to achieve my degree in English, no matter how hard I worked at it, science just wouldn't work. All science, except for biology. For the first few months of my being at Mcceath’s everyone expected me to become a micro organism engineer. I kept my being an author as big as a secret I could. I wrote my first book, Deities, within the first year. When Caroline read it she helped me keep it a secret, before it was actually published only she, Mack and I knew about the talent I was labouring, and damn did I have to work to edit it. I was a fast learner in the art of grammar and spelling, but I was still eleven, and Mack worked for hours at night with me to get it presentable. After the publishing date I had never read that story again, in fact, I haven’t read any of the stories I’ve written after the publishing date.

With that insight to my reading life, I’ll continue on how Biology was relevant to this time. It was Wednesday, and I was sitting in it. Asha hadn’t taken biology, instead going for the more prestigious double Physics class, but luckily for me (and I’m using sarcasm here), Jean had taken it too. We were stuck with each other as lab partners. Jean had been effectively ignoring me since she first introduced herself. I hardly saw her and when I did, because she was friends with Asha, Harred and Barbi- Natalie, she acted as if I was an irritating girlfriend of a friend, kind of like how I treat Natalie, but then again, Natalie was an irritating girlfriend of a … friend of a friend.

I was okay with it, I guess. One less person I didn't have to pretend I was an idiot to. I kind of enjoyed her company too, before I came to this school I spent most of my time surrounded by students who wanted autographs, help, or just to compliment me. While I enjoyed some attention, I don't think being a celebrity is my calling. Being next to Jean made me forget that, I was just an idiot kid living normally and trying to get a education in order to start my life. I had purposefully ignored the teacher, which went against all the training I had received, by hey, I wasn't going to be a spy. I found it easy to act uneducated when I don't listen to the teacher and therefore have no idea as to what we were suppose to be doing.

Jean had gotten the heart of the cow we were supposed to be dissecting, and split the bag with the scalpel. We switched with the scalpel and the scissors from time to time, until she told me to cut the pulmonary artery, which was quite tough, and I ripped through it with the scalpel, through the plastic gloves I've been wearing. I started to bleed. I've done this a few times before, and I knew it was nothing to worrying about, but well, Jane had other ideas.

“Oh my God!” I said, a little too loudly and the people along from us looked over. “Its blood touched mine!” I whinned, removing the gloves.

“Are you-” Jean started to say, but I cut her off.

“It's given my AIDS, hasn't it? How am I going to tell the doctor I've got AIDS of a cow? Oh, god! I'm probably HIV positive! I feel tingly! Crap, Mad Cow's Disease! Am I frothing at the mouth?” I asked Jean, the words starting push into each other until it was an near unintelligible mess of vowel and consonants.

“What's happened here?” Mr Fond asked, I froze, turning to look at him and Jean burst out laughing.

“She... she ...” She tried to get out, but was too busy laughing to say anything. I put on my best obviously fake glare and pointed it at her.

“You're laughing at me? I've got Mad Cow's Disease, I'm not afraid to go crazy.” She managed to stop laughing for two seconds, before looking at me again and started rolling on the floor. Quite literally in fact.

“Man Cow's disease?” Mr Fond asked. I held out my finger, clutching it in the other.

“I got its blood in my bloodstream, sir! I feel faint, tell it to me straight, what's going to happen to me?” He gave me a strange look, and pulled me towards the sink.

“You've going to wash your hands before it gets infected and you're going to continue my class.” I looked back at Jean who was trying to raise herself from the floor. It seemed like she did it often, because nobody even glanced her way.

“I'm not going to die?” I asked in a meek voice. He rolled his eyes, like I was an ill behaved child.

“No, now please don't try to interrupt my lesson any more.” I wrapped some tissue around my finger and walked back to where Jean was now sitting, holding her stomach.

“It wasn't that funny.” I muttered, taking my seat. She nodded, catching her breath .

“'I've got AIDS'” She mimicked and shook her head. “people with Mad Cow's disease don't froth at the mouth, by the way, you're thinking of Rabies.” I grumbled under my breath. When she stopped laughing, she was silent again, working on the heart, but I saw a trace of a smile, meaning maybe, just maybe, I'm convincing her I really wasn't a spy for the English.

Asha found me at the end of the lesson. We walked back to the lounges for a while and sat on the floor by our favourite couch flicking through channels, slowly Jean joined us with Natalie and Anton. Anton saw me immediately, threw me a glare, and wandered off to the dorms. I forced myself to take my eyes off of his fine-- hisstupidback. Jean and Natalie sat gossiping on the far side. At around half three, Harred came strutting in, with a smirk on his face. Jean sat on the opposite side of the couch to me, but still managed to embarrass me thoroughly by telling them my biology incident. Everyone laughed as I blushed and looked like a stupid girl, Asha patted my shoulder as if to say 'it wasn't your fault' and suddenly I felt stupid, and I hated it. Harred had said I don't act like my grades, and Anton was convinced I was smarter than I was pretending, maybe some part of me wanted these people to find out about my intelligence, so I wouldn't have to pretend. I'll need to repress that, if they found out my real intelligence I don't think their brains would skip straight to being Ocyne Liyla.

“Oh no!” Asha exclaimed, jumping up. Everyone's eyes turned towards Asha. “I have an exam in Calculus and I need to study!” She gathered her bag, taking time to organising it neatly as she straightened her books up and made the pens all neat.

“Yeah, and that Geography test tomorrow.” Harred said, looking thoughtful. Asha's eyes turned frantic.

“Geography test?!” She shrieked, “What Geography test?” Jean moved around the back of Natalie and hitting him on the head before looking back at Asha.

“He's messing with you, take no notice of him.” Her shoulders relaxed, but she gave a glare of ice to Harred, he smiled at her. I tilted my head, Harred had never smiled like that at anyone. I wondered if it was preserved just for Asha. I shot Harred a secret smile, and he raised his eyebrow, the smirk immediately appeared on his face again. I rolled my eyes and looked back at the television. When Harred left to see if Asha needed help I decided to go for a walk, if I had to pretend to not understand Natalie and Jean when they were mocking me, I would have to do it in a place where I didn't have the pleasure of there company, too.

I was halfway between walking back to my room to collect my Sin Paradise Two book when I decided that I really didn't want to disturb Harred and Asha while they were (insert forced cough here) doing homework. I decided to walk back to the prefect's pool. It was colder outside than the last time I had been here, but it was still the warmer than any day in England. The prefects pool was once again deserted, so I took off my sandals and rolled my three quarter lengths to my knees and sat down, putting my feet into the water. Sometimes quiet surroundings are a blessing, other times, they're a curse. My mind went through how in the past few months my life has changed so dramatically I haven't even processed it. The scene in Caroline's office appeared in my mind, the day before that, when I thought I should have called my parents. It was like a foreshadowing of my life. I thought of the orphanage, or Paul, of little Emily, who couldn't draw. I thought of how Lucy looked at me the first time I met her, like I was her hope, and Austin, looking approvingly at reading Ocyne Liyla's work. I wondered if at that moment he was comparing me Anton. Anton, how could someone so devilishly handsome be such a class A jerk. I thought of the first time I met him, thinking he looked like a god. I realised that I thought a lot of Anton. I shivered, and it was nothing to do with the weather.

“Hey idiot.” I jumped at the sound of Anton's voice. My head swivelled around to search for him, but he wasn't in sight. I stood up, kicking my legs out to try and dry them a bit. I looked around and realised he was behind the white hut that I raided on my first visit and he was on the phone.

“How's England?” He asked into the receiver. My eyes widened, he was accusing me of supplying information to the English Gifted Champion's team and he was talking (and from the sounds pretty close) with someone in England (who I'm presuming is a gifted young).

“You know I'm not going to tell you anything about our team strategies, Gabe.” Well, he wasn't working with them, but it was obvious this Gabe was on the English team.

“Why'd you always have to bring her up?” He huffed, and this time I was close enough to hear Gabe reply

“Because it's sounds like you like her.” Gabe replied. I heard Anton pause, and I made sure to check the wind's directory, my shadow's length and steady my breathing as so he wouldn't know I was there.

“I don't like her, idiot, she's a moronic, secretive rich princess.” He snapped, and Gabe laughed, loudly. Moronic, secretive and rich? Who was he talking about, Natalie?

“How exactly do you know she's rich, Anton?”

“She's moronic and she's here, Gabe, what other explanation is there?”

“Maybe she's a spy.” I could practically hear Anton roll his eyes. He was talking about me? I wasn't rich ... at least not until I turned eighteen.

“You told me earlier she wasn't a spy for Jubilee Academy.” Anton said, I found my self relieved, Anton didn't think I was working for the English Gifted team, maybe he would get off of my case for being 'smarter'. I though of Jubilee Academy, Mcceaths had run into them at a party for the gifted schools. They were a bunch of snobs, which was saying something, because some of the girls at Mcceath's School really lived up to their rich, smart and English stereotype.

“She isn't, we want to beat you fair and square when it comes to the finals, that is if you even make it past Brazil.” I could picture Anton scowling and smiled slightly, before shaking my head and biting my lip, would I really have remind myself he's a jerk every time I see him?

“Of course we will, moron, and we'll beat you too.” Gabe laughed through the phone.

“Okay dude, what ever you say, this Jane girl isn't one of ours and she still could be a spy, for the CIA or something, maybe she's looking for super intelligent people to carry out experiments.” Anton snorted.

“Yeah, of course she is, she's all brains. You should back to studying, you're going to need it for the finals.”

“Bye, ass.”

“Later, moron.” The phone cut off and he started walking around the side of the hut, I slowly made my way to the opposite side, saying in line with his pace. When I was on the opposite side I realised I had to go the other way to get back to the dorm. I could wander around, but I didn't know the pace that well, and I could easily get lost. So instead I pulled out my phone, and wandered into view like I had just arrived.

“What, you can't get enough of me, dunce?” I looked up, the perfect image of surprise on my face. Anton was glaring at me with that half smile on his face.

“What are you doing here, Sabonni?” I asked, crossing my arms.

“It's the prefect's pool, I'm head prefect, see the correlation?” He asked mockingly. I gave him my favoured glare. “What are you doing here, dunce?” he asked, his stare uninviting.

“I'm passing through to the lounge, not that it's any of your business.” I tagged on in the end, try to make it sound menacing, but it really just sounded thoughtful. My teeth were grinding at his little nick name.

“Well go on then, I don't need to be haunted by your brutish face.” I almost had the retort leaving my lips when I saw his body language. Everything about him, his shoulders, his back, his inability to meet my eye while insulting me, told me there was something wrong. Instead of walking past like I knew I should have, I walked to the side of the pool and sat with my back against the metal steps railing, looking at Anton.

“This is a prefects pool, dunce, how many detentions have you actually had?” He snapped. He was sitting on the edge of the pool, but his arms were wrapped around his legs instead of them being in the water like I was before. This time I ignored the nickname

“Yeah, but they're obviously something bothering, so I think I'll just stay here.”

“To watch me suffer?” His eyes met mine in a glare, but I refused to look away.

“In case you need a friend.” I replied. He looked me over, obviously seeing if I was just making a joke. When he was that I wasn't going to leave, his shoulders slumped again, and his face turned downwards, covered by stray black hairs. There was silence for the longest time. It could have been five minutes, it could have been an hour.

“When we were first here, remember how I said I didn't hate you?” He said finally.

“Yeah...” I smiled slightly, remembering what he said, he thought I was working with Jubilee Academy to find out Grace Valley's game tactics for the Gifted Champions.

“I lied.” For some reason, a reason I'll probably never know, this got me more angry than anything else that stupid jerk had said to me, and I exploded. I stood up and strode towards him.

“Why? What the bloody hell have I done to you? I'm not as smart as you, is that it? I can't comprehend as much crap as you so I'm the perfect target for your stress and hate? On my first day here I get lost and suddenly I'm public enemy number one? This is bull!”

“Of course.” Anton cut off what I was next going to say with his sarcastic tone. “How dare I hate you?! It's people like you who stop us from getting into these places!”

“People like me? I thought you knew I'm not working for any English school.” I asked, tilted my head, now thoroughly confused.

“Of course not, I worked it all out. You're a rich brat, the kind that doesn't lift a finger to study but you still want to get a good name for the family so even though you can't understand simple physics you have mammy and daddy buy you in.”

“How – I mean- what – My parents are dead!” I screamed, but he didn't even step back, he just shook his head.

“They still left a trust fund, didn't they? That's why Austin and Lucy so eagerly picked you, it was even easier to get you in since Austin's the principal.” He stated coldly. I looked at him now, and saw something different to how he usually looked. He looked desperate, he was always teasing before. I saw him now as cold and heartless, and when I looked at him, it was only hate and rage coming from me.

He blinked.

“My parents were never around, I spent every single day of my life dreaming about what they were like. This isn't a sob story about poor little rich girl, Jane. I didn't get fancy cars or pools of money, I got enough money to buy some chocolate from the shop and to keep me piled in a boarding school. All the money my parents had I sent to charities, or went to government expenses. I won't ever see any of it again. The only money I have is the money I make myself, through jobs I got myself. Lucy and Austin were complete strangers and the first time they hear my name was when I introduced myself in the orphanage, surrounded by a pile of books, which obviously impressed them. Concern yourself with your own parents, Anton. They're still around.” I whispered the last part, and I couldn’t even look at him any more.

“Not for long.” he replied and fell to the ground, sitting in a mess on the floor.

“What? I asked, stepping away from him, I didn't like our proximity.

“My mother has large cell carcinoma – cancer-and she needs treatment fast, or she'll die. Treatments cost money, and that's something we don't have.” I looked down and saw Anton wipe his cheek, like he was wiping away memories. I sat down near him. Silence once again passed by us.

“Anton, why'd you think Austin and Lucy knew me?” I asked, trying to get the feeling of dread to leave me, and maybe I was trying to change the topic. I didn't want Anton looking broken. It – didn't seem right. Fortunately, it worked.

“I was walking the halls of Grace Valley when I heard your name, and I heard Ocyne Liyla's name. I was curious, so I followed it to Principal Dawson's office. There was someone in there, and he was saying you were rich, and could make him rich. Naturally I assumed it was Principal Dawson, but I saw him in the dinner hall moments after, and knew it couldn't have been him. I assumed he was working with someone to get your money.” My mind processed this,thinking of all the reasons why those key concepts where put together. I think I needed more time.

“Why did he mention Ocyne, Jane?” I froze, thinking of an excuse.

“I don't know her, Anton.” I lied easily, “but I know about her. The family you caught me on the phone with was Ocyne's Primary editor, and even though she keeps a lot of stuff from me, I hear the odd gossip every know and then. I tried to keep my tone casual, but it wasn't a really casual subject. Anton thought I was lying about the whole thing, he thought I didn't even know Ocyne's primary editor. I could see it in his eyes.

But I could also see the hurt. We both stood up slowly and stared at each other, judging each other's responses.

“What ever, dunce. Stay the hell away from me.” He muttered finally, and even though I knew he was heading in the opposite direction, he brushed passed me, purposely banging his arm against mine. I saw him quickly wipe at his cheek. It was the first time I had ever seen Anton Sabonni cry, and just as a hunch, I think I was the first person out of immediate family to see it. My mind blanked, and I was back at my parents morning, funerals weren't allowed for Government agents. I thought was it was like looking at the few people at the gather, at the image of my parents at the top of the shrine. Suddenly I was in Harred's room again, and my mind caught sight of something I didn't see while I was actually in there. A drawing of a younger looking Anton, and a women with brown eyes and hair the colour of Anton's -his mother. It was surrounded by drawings of my book, of my characters. Of my escaped world.

I turned around, but Anton was out of sight. It didn't matter, I had already made up my mind. I took my phone out of my pocket and called a familiar number.

“Hey Sea, babe, how's life in the land of opportunity.” I smiled, and walked back to my dorm.

“Hey, Lily. How would you like to put some of that awesome spy technique to practice?”

“Why, what do you want?”

“I want to know how much it costs for Large Cell Carcinoma treatment costs.”

“What's the point, Ocyne, how would you even get the money, you don't get your funds until you reach Eighteen, and you could find out yourself.” Obviously, lily was pissed I hadn't called her in a while.

“I have a plan, Lily and I'm going to need one more thing from you...”

Not bragging or anything, but I think that was the longest chapter I've ever written. I hope it made up for all the time I spent on it. Well, I have a Media Studies test tuesda- oh it's past midnight- I have a Media Studies test tomorrow, and I need sleep and study and to finish my homework. Toodles!

Random sketch time Truth or Dare?
Ocyne:  Truth or dare, Daniel?
Daniel: er- Truth.
Ocyne: What is the strangest thing you've licked peanut butter off?
Daniel *starts to look perculiarly sheepish* I was experimenting with diets of aquatic animals and a sea horse jumped out of its tank and fell into the jar I was feeding to the squids.
Ocyne: Why the hell would you do that?
Daniel: Well, Squids have a veried diet, and I was trying to see if it would effect their ink-
Ocyne: Not the Squids, foo! You liked Peanut butter off a sea- wait, did it have an effect on their ink?
Daniel: Yes, actually, it made the ink illuminous.
Lily: Lul wut?
Daniel: Well it was either the peanut butter or the shards of UV I was mixing with their food.
*OCYNE&LILY DOUBLE FOREHEAD SLAP TIME!*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.6K 3.3K 33
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
192K 7.3K 53
- Sequel to Only on camera - In which, They both question if they will ever find their way back to each other
46.3K 2.1K 36
ᴅɪᴠᴇʀɢᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘ ɪɴ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ.
465K 42.6K 33
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...