Mason Maine...there's just no...

By DOODLESNOODLES

More

2. A Dancing Pig Skin
3. Drama Queen
4. The Old Geezer And The Bazookas
5. Flying Cockroach Or Scary Cockroach?
6. The Love For Finger Painting
7. Vanilla Lotion
8. The Visible Yellow Bus
9. OMG It's A Noggin
10. Goofy Smiles Don't Work At This Moment
11. My Heart Is Not Made Out Of Metal
12. Farts In Outer Space Leave A Happy Ending

Mason Maine...there's just nothing else to say.

19.9K 182 120
By DOODLESNOODLES

Mason Maine. Just his name alone drives my heart wild with butterflies in my stomach. Jeeze Louise, I've had this major crush on him since third grade, where we used to sit next to each other. Then later I found out he was my neighbor from across the street. Dreamy dreamy kid. Sandy colored hair, sky blue eyes, olive skin color, tall, my age, what more can a girl ask for? He saved me from being humiliated for life. It was one of those bad days people have, well that specific day my mom took all my clothes to wash leaving me with my old jeans, I didn't complain. I wore them to school and that was that. Our teacher, don't remember her name, assigned us partners for an outdoor project. We were observing the environment and I was his partner and he was mine. Before that day I never paid much attention to him or a guy at all. Fact is I think I was still in that stage of my life where I thought boys had cooties and man did that stage fade quickly after meeting him. We were sitting down on the stairs that lead outdoors waiting for the rest of the class to finish since we finished first. I was suddenly thirsty and so when I got up my jeans ripped. Yes, they ripped alright. I gasped and covered myself but it was too late, Mason saw it, my ripped jeans. Quickly he took off his sweater handing it to me, telling me to wear it around my waist until we'd go back to class so that I could get my own sweater. I thought he'd tell everyone like Blake would have done, but he didn't. He stayed quiet keeping this secret from everyone. I guess after that I never thought he had cooties. He's was nice, kind, dreamy, gentle with me. I got lost in his eyes. That's until he broke my heart...

Two days earlier.

Monday

"Don't tell me you still have a crush on that guy. Dude it's been five years now, let go. Enjoy the last bit of eighth grade we have left, next year we'll be freshmen, high scholars." Riley says excited for the ending of middle school. Riley, my best friend, she's always cheering me on with anything but sometime she gives up like she giving up on me having a crush on Mason. Riley used to always create situation in which I had to speak to Mason or at least be near him but she gave up on it because I was too shy to even speak. She's the only one that knows I'm in the clouds for Mason, my handsome neighbor. She's a brunet like me but with blue eyes. They all got lucky in the eye color except for me. I gaze at his gorgeous complexions. How could he be going out with Kristin Brent? She's mean and annoying, not to mention my rival. She doesn't even like Mason. It's all Riley's fault for talking to loud about how I've been crushing on him since third grade and haven't done anything about it. Kristin heard it and asked him out to get back at me. I don't even know what I've done to that girl shesh. She didn't even know his name at first; she was always calling him Jason or Manson. I hate to admit it though but they make a good couple, she's blond fitting in nicely with his sandy long hair and they both have blue eyes, lucky monkey. I want blue eyes too, but I'm stuck with these boring light brown eyes and dark hair with lighter skin tone than his.

"I wish it were that simple." I mumble, glaring at Kristin who smirked reaching out to hold his gently hand. Ugh, I couldn't stand watching her infect my Mason like that. Her vile dirty hands, who knows what she's touched, I know I don't.

"Come on, Jamie, we have to find you a date for the dance on Saturday night. It's our last school dance for this year." I sigh having no other choice but to find someone else. I wanted him to take me but that's impossible now because of demon child Kristin who enjoys taking people's mans. How much I would like to punch that pretty face of hers'. It's a good thing I'm not mean, rude, annoying, and obnoxious like her, but I swear she brings out the worst in me. She needs to eat something too. Man, she's skinnier than me! Like really skinny.

"You still haven't gotten a date, Jamie?" Blake asks eavesdropping; hopefully he didn't hear the whole conversation. I sigh once again wondering if this day can get any worse. Personally I think Blake is annoying in so many childish levels I stopped counting after seventy-three. All though it's only me because everybody else thinks he's handsome, he is, but not like my beautiful Mason. Blake is the complete opposite of Mason. He's dark haired, green eyed, mean, rude, obnoxious, just like Kristen. There perfect for each other it's too bad he likes me and not her. I never can understand him, he used to tease me in grade school and would make me cry at times and now he has this big crush on me.

"Nope," I smile, wondering when the bell will ring for first period. I'm always early to school because I happen to ride the bus, I don't have to, but I want to because Mason rides the bus too. Riley thinks I'm a stalker. I don't think I am. I'm just a girl with a boy problem, BIG boy problem.

"Well I was thinking―" He begins but the bell rings saving my butt from having to break Blake's little heart.

"Bye Blake, see you later." I grin walking away swiftly but not enough that he'll think I'm running away from him. That's just to mean.

"What the hell are you doing?" Riley hisses walking next to me. "That was your chance to get yourself a date, Turd." Esh, I don't like it when she calls me a turd, it reminds me that that's the color of my eyes which saddens me greatly. "I was thinking of going shopping Friday for dresses. What do you think?"

"Sounds like a plan." I reply walking in my algebra class sitting down on my seat, right next to Riley. Mr. Barrow is a really cool teacher, he makes learning fun. I say this not as a nerd but as a student of his class because I am a nerd. I love getting good grades in school it makes me proud of myself.

"You just need to get yourself a date." She whispers pointing to Mathew the guy that sits in front of me, Mason's best friend, he's cute but not Mason. Riley really is persistent. I roll my eyes at her.

"I still have until Friday, don't worry about it. I'll get someone by then." The class began filling in with walking students until the tardy bell rang. Mr. Barrow closes the door and begins his lecture not caring that there was only two weeks left of school, this one and the next one. Freshmen, we're back to being the puppies next year instead of the golden retrievers everybody here looks up too. A brand new start in a new school with new people, it's scary but thrilling all together. Mr. Barrow silences some of the class members disrupting his lecture but it was too late to punish them because the bell rang releasing us to second period. My heart races thinking about having art with Mason. I stand unable to wait much longer from the anticipation, I walk to class sitting down on my seat complete forgetting Riley. Darn, I forgot to ask her who she's taking to the graduation dance.

"Good morning neighbor." Mason interrupts my train of thought taking the seat right next to me with a glamorous smile. I stare at him dumbstruck as usual not saying anything back. I never do talk to him in any of my classes because he makes me shy, really shy, and I'm not shy at all. This is your chance Jamie, talk. A healthy relationship starts with communication. I shouldn't sound desperate or excited that he's talking to me; I need to sound normal and sophisticated.

"Hey," I say sounding bored and uninterested in his conversation totally the opposite of normal and sophisticated. Oh, you dummy. Now he'll think I'm not interested in him and he won't talk to me ever again. I should say something to keep the conversation going; I open my mouth to speak but was interrupted by our teacher, Mr. Gregory.

"Okay, settle down class. Today you're going to illustrate something that represents you. It could be a place and or an object or objects. Use any method you wish to perform today's task." He claps his hands. "We'll let's get started everyone."

What represents me? Smiling wide, I take a paintbrush and paint beginning to stroke the brush on the paper. Painting is always a fun way to express yourself. First I'll make the sun using blue, green, and white not mixing them to the point it would turn into on big black blob but defined itself and for the waves I use yellow, red, and orange. My own sunset, I love art. All period I work on it, I grin at my final product. It's abstract nonetheless.

"Impressive, Jamie, a wonderful masterpiece." Mr. Gregory states. "Mason you should learn from Jamie, here."

Mason smiles, "Of course Sir, but it wouldn't be me." He replies calmly and gently.

"Inspiring," Mr. Gregory directs his attention to the rest of the class. "It's time to go, please clean up before the bell rings." I stand to go rinse my paintbrush from the multicolor paints on it.

"Way to go Miss Thompson. That's got to be at least the twentieth time I'm asked to paint like you." Mason says, rinsing his paintbrush in the same sink as the one I'm using. Is he mad because of it? Great now I made him angry at me for something I had no clue I caused.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to. I'll try to paint ugly next time." He laughs starling me, I gaze up into his eyes filled with amusement and kindness.

"You're one strange girl," He chuckles. I look down saddened by this discovery. He thinks I'm strange and probably even a show off. I blink back threatening tears. This is the worst day of my very long life. "I like it." He laughs closing the water and drying off the brush. Did I just hear what I think I just heard? He likes me? Score, this means I still have a shot at going to the dance with him, regardless of slutty Kristin. This is the best day of my life! I wanted to jump up and down with joy but I composed myself like the lady I am.

"Really?" I gaze back up into his mesmerizing blue eyes. He laughs at me.

"Yeah," his eyes glitters, I've never been this close to him before. He radiant's beauty. God I'm addicted to this boy. I blush hiding it. The bell rings, ruing the moment of my life. Note to self: Do something about those bothersome bells. "Don't we have physical education together next, do you want to walk together to class." Abashed, I nod unable to do much. We walk silently at first but I gathered my nerves to ask him a question.

"So, are you going to the grad dance?" I wonder nervously. Proud of myself to have actually talked to him, he pauses.

"Well, I didn't at first because I think there so overrated but Kristin wants to go."He answers tenderly, "So I guess I'm going too," My heart sank, so he is going, but with Kristin. "How about you, are you going?"

"I don't know yet," I comment back disappointed. Why am I disappointed? I saw this coming since the beginning.

"No date?"

"Yeah, sort of," I reply.

"What! I thought a lot of people asked you out already." He explodes in surprise.

"Not the one I like." I mumble. Silence took over for what seemed forever.

"Well he doesn't know what he's missing. Don't worry about it. Maybe he's just intimidated by your beauty." I blush uncontrollably. "So...I didn't know Miss Thompson has a crush." He grins. "Who is it?" If only he knew. I laugh mystified, life is so ironic sometimes.

"It's a secret." I respond seducing pressing my finger against my lips and winking. For a second I though Mason blushed, but I doubt it.

"Your true colors are finally showing, Thompson, never expected you to be like this." Mason opens the gym door for me, I giggle walking in.

"Thanks,"

"Hey Babe," Kristin wraps her arms around Mason, giving him a peak on the lips, while glaring at me. My day had to be ruined by Kristin. She's always ignoring Mason when I'm not looking or not there, always talking to different guys. I know this because Riley has most of her classes with her, while, thankfully I have most of my classes with Mason. I sigh walking away noticing the beamed Mason kissing her back. I've never kissed anyone before. I want to save my first kiss for Mason. I'll get it no matter what, I mentally and physically determined now! I can't believe we talked today; this has got to be the longest conversation ever. Asking to walk me to class and witnessing him laughing.

"Jamie," Blake grins taking my hand. I'm use to him holding on to my hand or taking it when he pleases it's not really a big deal now. "You left before I had a chance to ask you something." Crap, I'm in trouble now.

"Blake let me go change first then you can tell me whatever you want." I pull away walking towards the locker avoiding any more problems or situations. I think I can handle that if anything else. I change into my shorts stuffing my bag in the locker.

"Leave my boyfriend alone." Kristin hisses.

"Which one, Manson, Jason or Mason?" I mock grinning, turning around to glare at her right back. "Or maybe Tim, George, or Chris? God there's just so many. You have to be specific on the whole boyfriend thing." Her face twists in anger making my smile widen. The look on her face is way too priceless. I begin to walk away.

"Keep it up Jamie and Mason will end up hating your guts." I keep walking ignoring her. There's no way she could do that. I mean what can she do to convince him to loathe me? Absolutely nothing, she's got nothing on me to even begin conducting her evil plan. She scares me sometime, like a mentally ill child. Coach Torrez lines us up taking attendance and then we warm up doing our daily exercises before announcing that today we're going to play flag football. Ugh, I wish Riley was here in this class to cheer me up and protect me from Kristin. I can protect myself probably even better then Riley can, that's what having brothers does to you, but I don't want to get in trouble with Mason. Coach splits us up into two groups, I being against Blake and Kristin while Mason is on my team making it difficult to concentrate. We fasten the flags around our waists and begin the game.

Mason passes me the pig skin, watching as two beastly creatures came at me with full speed. Kristin's eyes were wild with fury while Blake's are mischievous and perverted. . I spin, running down dodging all of the hungry eyes after my flag. Mason ran in front of me blocking them from me, just like I've done so many times when playing football with my brothers'. I smile hearing people cheer me on. "You go Jamie!" I slow down when I cross the touchdown. "Score!" Mason laughs excitedly high fiving me.

"Where have you been all my life?" Blake runs to hug me lifting me up. "You're one fast girl."

All throughout the class I made touchdowns and had Kristin glare at me angrily. I love my brothers. The winning team got to go and change while the losing team had to pick up all the flags on the ground. "Damn, Jamie, who would have guess you are so talented." He leans in making my heart race. "He must be one lucky guy." I blush giggling nervously. The bell rings interrupting us once again. Eagerly I walk towards English class, spilling my guts out to Riley.

"That's a good one for April Fools, but Jamie we're in the midst of May." Riley says not believing me at all.

"Riley it's true. I was in heaven for second and third period." She laughs, "I might still have a chance to go to the graduation dance in his arms." I squeal with excitement. "Can't wait to see him in a tux, he'd looked so dreamy."

"You know you're getting ahead of yourself. Don't be disappointed if he takes Slutty Kristin instead of beautiful Jamie." She's absolutely right. I sigh nodding. "But look on the bright side girlie, you actually winked at him not to mention held up an actual conversation. I'm a little worried about Kristin though. How can she make him hate you?"

"I don't really know." I answer, back to being gloomy.

"Just stay on the safe side." She says thinking things through.

"And what is the safe side?" I question hoping she won't laugh and say 'I don't really know I'll get back at you on that one'.

"Seriously Jamie, do I have to spell everything out for you? Keep yourself on your best behavior and continue flirting with Mr. Wonderful like this morning." I laugh causing the teacher Mrs. Sherman to take her eyes off her work.

"Do I need to move you children?" She asks taking off her glasses directing the question to both of obviously.

"No ma'am, we're sorry to disrupt your class." Riley looks back down to her book pretending to read, winking at me. "I wish I could have seen you flirt with him though." She whispers with an evil smile. "You were probably too nervous to even look into his ordinary blue eyes."

"Riley," Mrs. Sherman calls.

"Sorry, won't happen again." She replies.

"I hope so." Mrs. Sherman mutters going back to her work. I stick my tongue out towards Riley. No way in hell there ordinary blue eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like