10. Goofy Smiles Don't Work At This Moment

Hey fannies. If you havent already noticed im in round two

of the great Watty Awards under romance. I was amazed when i found this out.

anyways please vote and comment and if you'd like to vote for the Watty Awards

that'd be greatly appreciated by me : ).

Oh and i'm pretty sure you'll just love this chaper since there's only 2-3 chapters left to go.

Please enjoy and tell me what you think. Love ya all.

Jamie Thompson

I wake up with a wonderful bright smile on my face. That was probably one of my best sleeps ever. I even woke up earlier than my alarm clock. I got dressed calmly and not in a rush like every other morning I usually do. Somehow today was completely different than any other day. I can feel it in my bones. Something's going to happen again. I don't know if it's a good surprise or a terrible one, but I hope it's the first option.

"Good morning," I greet everyone at the table as the look up in surprise to see me up early.

"Well aren't you up early," Josh grins handing me a plate. "The twins aren't even up yet."

"I had a very good rest." I reply taking the plate Josh was offering me and served myself pancakes with whip cream on top. Mmm...whip cream.

"Interesting...so what did you dream about?" Josh questions curiously, ignoring my father roll his eyes.

"That's good to hear," My Father smiles at me, ignoring Josh's interrogation going on. But then it hit me. I actually didn't dream of anything. This wasn't like other nights where I dream of something really amazing and as soon as I wake up I forget it, but I knew at least I had dreamt about something. It's very weird for me to have not dreamt of anything.

"Thanks Dad," I return his smile as I shove a big fork full of pancake in my mouth.

"That's so lady like of you Jamie, if only you acted that way in school. You wouldn't have anyone to marry you." Josh teases me and I open my mouth to show him the half chewed food. "See what I mean, why can't you act like this in front of that kid that rides the bus with you? I'm pretty sure he'll still try to kiss you with whip cream all over your face." Instantly, I began coughing from the food going down the wrong tube. Josh laughs in response not helping me at all. What a jerk, here I am trying to enjoy an early morning but he has to make me blush and then choke on my own food. What a lovely brother I have.

"Are you okay dear?" My mother asks with a worried expression, I nod unable to speak with a sore throat. "Who is this boy, Josh is speaking about?" As soon as she mentioned the boy, my cheek heated up once again and my father put down his newspaper to hear the conversation.

"Oh, well...he's just my friend...no big deal or anything like that." I say directly at the table, to shy and embarrassed to look them in the eyes. My mom leaves for a moment coming back with Mason's sweeter all washed and cleaned.

"Is this his?" She asks innocently, my eyes widen taking the sweater from my mom.

"Where did you get this? I thought it was in my room."

"Yesterday I went to go check on you, since you didn't look so good and I found it." She replies, "I washed it, it had paint all over it." I nod.

"I should go outside and wait for the bus." Yeah, that sounds like a brilliant idea, I add in my head before anything more embarrassing happens to me. I clear the table quickly and head out with a second thought to it. I'll return the sweater to Mason today, he must want it back.