Salient Affections (Unedited...

By MerakiQuill

"Yes, I like you! . But I'm not here waiting for you forever" she shouts back. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ When c... More

Copyrights And Characters
1: The Farewell Party
2: Gulab Jamun
3: Asim and Mom
4: The Push
5: Nida Di
6: The Surprise
Suggestions, Questions Or Reviews
7: The Dance
8: Pillow Fight
9: The One Condition
10: Spending My Day.
11: Ayaz's New Home
12: I Like Him!
COVER PAGES Of The Times!
13: Will He Like Me?
14: The Fire
15: In The Hospital
16: First Day In High School
17: A Day With Navya
18: The Lunch Break
19: Secrets And A Promise
20: What Does She Need?
21: Hash Brownies
22: Make Out Session
23: I Miss You Ayaz..
24: Detention Room
25: Back To Mumbai
26: Incidents
27: A Confession
29: Time Has To Solve Everthing..
30: The Great Ramsos
Renaming Of Book Title
31: Matching Costume?
New Book : Transpired
Pray For Sudan : 1
Pray For Sudan : 2
The Interview

28: What The Future Awaits?

46 16 10
By MerakiQuill

"Fear has two meanings;

Forget. Everything. And. Run
OR
Face. Everything. And. Rise.

The choice is yours."
-anonymous.
_

__________________________________
Words used : 3373

VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE

BEST OF LUCK READING!! :)

~HUMAIRA'S P.O.V~

You know the feeling when someone who you truly love is somewhere around you and you can feel it, usually and definitely I didn't believe in all these but now I could feel like a connection, some reminiscences or familiarity of something. My eyes were searching it in the crowd of passengers.

and

I saw him,

My breath halted itself, my hands froze mid-air paralysing me from waving, I wanted to move, to shout his name but was stuck rooted right at that spot entranced my his beauty and how much he had changed over the span of 5 months.

Even in his casuals he managed to look hot, he could probably just pull off even in ragged clothes, moreover his messed up hair made him a to-be-melted-for-person, I was surprised I was still standing with my heart beating a mile in a minute, he smiled catching my eyes and came closer and closer all the time my eyes stared into his eyes of brown pools, so full of love and happiness, the same as before, nothing changed and I have him back. How I missed them and this is definitely true yet still felt surreal, like the dreams I'd have almost everyday only to wake up from it.

"Humaira!" he called in a fake accusing tone as if telling 'What is this Humaira! What have you done!?' kind of teasing just to irk me up I just giggle shaking my head.

"Finally, after soooo many months!!" he exclaimed raising his hands to his sides as if he was holding something, expressing how long of those months were, that it was a really long time and I without any doubt or hesitation agree to it. Being without him felt so lonely when he and my friends would be in my personal radar one or the other day. With him gone everything seemed to fall apart, no meeting often, no sleepovers nothing it was just me, my thoughts and my family. Naila at her house, Saira and Maira in Pakistan and Ayaz in Australia... They all just tore all of us apart. Atleast one of us was now together, maybe even Naila would join me....

"Hmmm.... You see me? I'm a big Australian boy!!!" He said acting how a toddler would say. If any one saw us the would never believe we ever fought or were rivals since we were born. The fact we both were healthy as baby and would share each other's soother was disgustingly hauntful, like if we went logical and analytical about it we involuntarily kissed each other sharing saliva and ugh....

"hey... Are you even listening... Humi... By and by... I see it... You changed.... The incident... It's changed you... But for better because you won't argue anymore and I'd always win!!!" he said grinning widely his fingers combing through his hair.

They seemed silky and soft maybe, what was more enticing was his smile, he didn't have those pearly white sets people say in dramas, some seemed slightly crooked only if you looked close but none of those mattered, he was somehow an all time handsome and surprisingly pleasant to be with considering my past history with him I'd barely believe if someone said me a year ago or so that he was pleasant to be with. This handsome young man I'm in love with grinning with no care about the world, treating me like one of his own boosted of happiness that vanished any tint of sadness in me. There can nothing better than seeing someone you love happy and fine. Now seeing him here healthier and happy than ever just filled my lonely heart temporarily with just enough happiness to satisfy my love for him.

Fighting the urge to hug him I just smiled at him, tears well up in my eyes with a whirlwind of emotions running through my mind... At last he was here just in front of me! I scowled at myself not wanting to become all sobby and cry baby kind and I think my mind caught onto that pretty well... The next minute I was admiring this specimen of a goddess body, not that I believe in goddesses and their body... But if they were to be imagined then they'd automatically be all model like and breathtaking.

Like seriously!!?? How can someone be so incredibly freaking handsome cute!?

And

I was pulled into a bone crushing hug my Nida Di, my hands were on her face folded inside my elbows probably digging some part of her chest, that's how awkwardly bone crushing it was, I almost felt like my physical education teacher forcing me to bent backwards. Don't get me wrong I love sports but this was awkward.

" Ya Allah Humi!! I'm glad your all limbs attached and perfect as ever.. That fire incident" she was now shaking her a hand on her head then suddenly she blasted on me, what I mean...

" Made you forget all of us!" she said shaking me so much vigor I doubted she had a 15 hour flight and was feeling jetlagged.

" If I was there I'd have made grilled sandwiches or something with it!" and she got a smack on her head from her mom. I giggled.

"Assalam alaikum Aunty!" I chirped hugging.

"Walaikum assalam beta! How are you dear?" she asked a warm smile grazing her features as she broke the hug but held in my arms.

"Alhamdulillah! All fine" I said grinning.

"Ma sha allah, you know you just seem to get prettier every day" she said kissing my forehead.

"Alhamdulillah, thanks Aunty" I chuckled, blushing.

"May Allah always keep you happy " she blessed me and proceeding towards my mom I watched as they hugged each other, talking merrily.

"I envy you Humi!" Nida Di said with a pout.

There she goes again...heh...the reason is Her mom aka my favourite Aunty always has a soft corner in her heart for me, she treats me like her own daughter. I really loved her for it.

"Why?" I asked innocently even though I knew why. Mentally smirking.

"She never treats me like that! Her own daughter you see!" she said in a hushed tone, wiping fake tears and pointing at her mom.

I didn't know what to say and luckily mom called as she saw all the males leaving after their pleasantries unlike mom who was still talking the whole way to the car.

Finally we were now heading home!!! Why!!?? because as soon as we reached our car, were actually seated in with just both of them talking outside the car as if unaware we were waiting for them to get in or the fact they were expecting some special invitation or Lambhorghini or Ferrari to pick them up, it wasn't just that, as they chatted pointing to different stores around the airport, they even followed one ignoring any pleas of jetlag or really wanting to go home. Therefore after getting us all a treat of ice-cream from Starbucks, it was then decided to go home only because my dad and uncle held hands with their wife dragging them and they probably being too dazed my the romantic gesture to even configure anything around. Huff

I gathered a few things on the way,

1.The luggages were loaded in a pickup.

2.Ayan bhai was driving the car we ladies were seated in with them yet animatedly talking with hah, hoos and hand gestures.

3.Rayan was driving the other car, I could see Ayaz in front seat talking from here, he was talking and smiling automatically lifting my mood, I found myself smiling back weirdly until I caught myself in the rear view mirror making hide it the next second and look around self-consciously if anyone saw me doing that, Weird I said to myself, mentally laughing.

Sadly we weren't in the same car but Nida Di kept entertaining me, not that I felt like listening to her but I was because it was about 'Ayaz' you see.

Fair right?

She said me about some girl who was their neighbour and like they lived literally in front of theirs, I almost cried out loud like whyyy???..a girl!!?? Why.....

Who became a very good friend of Ayaz just like me. I asked.

"Is she was beautiful?" she said not exactly that much but her body shouted of a fashion model. I slumped right there, she surely was the girl from the posts Ayaz posted, I was no were near to her then.

Why was I comparing her to myself? She was just a friend right?

Somehow I couldn't assure myself, there was something else I couldn't quite figure out, it felt like I knew but was keenly ignoring, from somewhere the question I dreaded came to my mind.

'She couldn't be his girlfriend, right?'

"Are you even listening!" Nida Di asked annoyed snapping her fingers are me.

"Yes, of course I am!" I lied forcing a smile.

"Really? What was my last word?"

"That was I even listening" I said nonchalantly.

"No! Before that?"

"Alright... Sorry! my mind wandered to some other place" I said with a troubled smile. She narrowed her eyes, crossing her arm at the front.

"Never ever ever ever even think of lying to Nida Hussain! Am I clear?" She threatened taking hold my chin. I nodded acting terrified.

"good" she smirked and then we both burst laughing shaking our heads at our childishness.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Reaching home I helped Nida Di in unpacking her stuff it wasn't even a minute into our house she insisted we get don't with it and then the next minute she huffed begging me to do the rest, which my nature and blood didn't even think twice before accepting it happily. Me and work don't come hand in hand, but doing for others always seemed easier and that was a very-not-making-sense-topic.

"Fine I'll do it, no problem, you rest" I said as she plopped down on my bed diving under the covers, I switched on the night lamp which gave a dim, comforting yellow light making me wish I'd sleep too and leave this for tomorrow but continued to unpack her garb, tatters and outfits.

Almost done... Almost done... Huff..

My head almost dozed off banging lightly to the sliding door of my cupboard. I shook my head standing up carelessly tossing the remaining unlike my previous decision of keeping it as neatly as possible.

Mental note. Definite need to work on long term goals.

Something shuffled on my right as I made my already forgotten mental note I swallowed forcefully my on saliva, holding my breath.

Allah... Did ghost live in Australia which is why they followed them here too!!??

I should hiiddeee innside the the cupboard yyyess... The cupboard.

Yet I stood there stiff and frozen. I shot back feeling a tap on my right shoulder, frantically I turned around to look for the victim, when I felt another on my left, I think my heart just jumped out,

There weren't just one ghost!! There were a two!! Mummi..!!! .

and one of them clamped a hand on my mouth. You'd think I struggled hard to get out of the hold but no, I was sniffing onto the familiar cologne of the ghost. Who knew they wore one and that they weren't soulless because I could feel them! Maybe I should befriend one, might get a Novel Prize for my research on Ghosts... Haha... I made the attempt to turn but it held me firm and said the most unexpected thing.

"Shush!"

Oh.. And I knew it was not a ghost but my one and only Ayaz I barely had time to laugh over my stupidity and thoughts, as my heartbeat sped, the warmth of his body spread on my back, reluctantly stopping myself from leaning into him, moving his hands from my mouth he came forward showing me a black blindfold and I gulped not in fear but in excitement of where he would take me this time and what new things we'd do.

"Ready?" he whispered from my shoulder.

I nodded. We had done this a lot of time before, he would either go to the backyard, the terrace or the balcony, the kitchen or hall. Every time I would challenge myself to guess where he would be taking me because it was my own house, I should know it better than anyone else but he would take the strangest and longest ways to reach that place that I'd give up tracing and he'd chuckle hearing me sigh.

Now he was doing the same, my one hand in his hand raised at my side, while his other on my shoulder guiding me by gently compelling me to keep going. Only this time I didn't want it to end, I wanted it to go on, I yearned for his company, to talk to him endlessly, I didn't want to miss his warmth spreading on my back and my hand in his and the trustful hand on my shoulder but no matter how good the dream be it has to end and he stopped, removed the blindfold and I found the night sky full of stars, the perfect full moon stood there shining above us.

"Beautiful isn't it?" he said standing beside me..

" Sub han Allah..... yes" I said letting out a dreamy sigh. (Sub han Allah - Glory be to Allah)

"Juice?" he asked already pouring into a fat but short glass tumbler.

"Sure" I said and watched as the wind flew the silky strands of his hair messing it, he looked like the person on spotlight all handsome and famous.

"Here" he said making sure I held it before leaving it proceeding to fill one for himself.

"Jazakallahu Khairan " I said siting down on the carpet, sipping it. It meant I was thanking him though actually blessing him saying may the Almighty Allah to bless him with goodness.

"Wa antum fa jazakallahu khairan" he said winking and said may Allah almighty bless you too with goodness. I almost gasped right there, it sounded beautiful and mesmerizing from his lips.

Surprise was an underestimation of what I was feeling right now, he remembered the reply and actually replied it, he definitely didn't know how much that meant to me. Though he'd never reply before, I hadn't ever given up saying hoping he would reply someday, and he did.

"Don't want to deal with your scoldings or pissed moods now, just for two months here" he said smirking and wiggling his eyebrows. I rolled my eyes giving him a whatever-makes-you-do-that look and stared at him contemplating on what to feel surprised, sad or admire his expression.

He took out a back marker from his pocket, setting his glass down he walked going at the back of the wall that held the entrance to the door, curious I followed him he took the juice carton tore the sides and pinned it to the notice board hung there, under a small shed. Dad used to work here sometimes long back, I heard my mom say me one day I never saw him working here though so I assumed it must have been really long back.

"How did you find this?" I asked him curious.

"Ayan bhai and Rayan did, they said uncle worked here and that he no longer uses it"

"Yes mom did say but I never saw him working" I confessed.

"Ayan bhai saw him working" he said.

"He said that uncle used to pin pictures related to the meetings he would be having and correlate or fix meetings accordingly as he might have not wanted a PA, though now he does."

"oh" was all I said grasping the new information.

"So I thought we'd do the same, we don't have a picture but we'll print some, like anything related to you know each day we do something together" He said smiling and pinned the carton a little up.

"Your crazy" I said giggling, the carton looked funny on the board, I turned to say we could wait till I had pictures printed but the light flashinh on my face told me he had taken a picture.

"tantanaa!" he showed his prized photography to me, where I laughing with a hand on my mouth. I mentally noted to take his picture back, as blood for blood so is picture for picture. Checking my pocket for my mobile, I smirked feeling the solid outline of it inside.

He walked over to the barrier, glancing up all the way holding a proud posture as if he achieved a prize and hadn't just taken an uninformed picture, I watched as the wind blew past making my heart flutter at the sight of him in the moonlight , he gave me the feeling that felt and looked like a painting caught moving alive. I just knew I had to capture it and I did.

He turned giving me a good narrowed stare and his signature smirk was on, alarm bells rung in my head as he took one step ahead and I one back, I had a vague idea that the door might be open but I guessed it wasn't the second my back glued to it. His smirk grew wider and he caged me, reminding me of the farewell party when he did the same. I still couldn't understand how he could control me and how my body reacted to him. He'd always freeze me with his stare or he'd cage me making me paralysed.

But unlike the farewell party I longed to be staring into his eyes anticipating what he would do next. He motioned me with his eyebrows to show the picture and my hand slowly and obediently moved showing him, even Dobby of Harry Potter knew to do things better than me.

He moved forward staring in awe but I wondered if it was possible for my heart to have failed if he hadn't moved soon.

"Woah!" he said snatching my mobile.

"I never knew you had skills for photography!" he exclaimed.

(photog-graphy) his way of pronouncing.

I took a deep breath assuring my voice was back and said "Arts and photography are just my baes"

"You mean you have things more important than this" he asked confusion etched on his face but his voice sounded amused. I wondered just how many more fascinating expressions of him were yet to explore.

"yes.... Very very important like my life" I said placing my hand on my chest.

"Your heart?"

".... A.. A piece of my heart has been taken, and that person who took it is very very important to me" I couldn't believe I was saying, I really didn't want to say, not yet, this was just the beginning of our fun and holidays.

"Who Humi.. Who?" And the terrace door flew open.

"Humi and boyfriend!! I can't believe you already found your husband!" Nida Di entered shouting making us both gasp in response. For how long she stood there I'm not even sure if I even wanted to know.

"Shush sis! Her brothers are just across the hall, they will kill that boy! "

I looked at him in horror.

"No seriously they could, you never know"

"No.... they would never kill you" I mumbled and Nida Di pulled on my arm taking me to my room.

Hey guys!!!
How are you all!! Muahh!! Virtual cheek kisses!! I love you all fr voting and commenting, I could myself bursting with every vote and comment like the pinata showering chocolates....

... Well whatever... hope u like this chapter.... There is going to be a surprise chapter on someone's pov so do wait for it... I dunno when but will be Der... :)

Today's question :
Do you prefer staring at the moon or
Dawn of the Sun?

Have a nice day!!

Keep smiling!!

Take care!!

See yah!!

Bye!!

Comment!!
Share!!
Vote!!

⭐⤵

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226K 10.6K 67
Two people came together and became one. They started their life with some Promises, which make their life a beautiful journey. They are two differen...
16.1K 1.2K 25
What's life, nothing but a void canvas which we have to fill with numerous hues. And once in a while we come across people who will taint the void ca...
736K 22.4K 40
• BOOK 1 IN MEANT TO BE SERIES • • COMPLETED • • STANDALONE • ~ "I was never yours." I retorted angrily. "Oh sweetheart. You were always min...
11.8K 325 39
What if your internet crush becomes your present? This is a story of a girl named Ahana who is jovial and carefree. She is like a boy named Aryan. He...