XSCAPE | Michael Jackson and...

By apathyslut

*This story takes place at the This Is It era, near his death in 2009* It is almost time for Michael to star... More

This Is It Annoucement
Day off
The Phone Call
6/24/09 *PT 1*
6/24/09 PT 2
*UPDATE!*
Death Day: 6/25/09
Privacy
Gone in a 'flash'
❗️ANNOUNCEMENT❗️

This Is It Rehearsal

2.8K 66 38
By apathyslut

-Michael POV-
Today is the 1st official day of the This Is It rehearsals. I'm not ready to be in front of cameras.. at all, let alone being on stage again. I have so much stress and weight on my shoulders I don't think I can sing or dance at the same time like I used to. I don't like to make myself sound super old, I'm only 50. But thank god this is the last concert, I have to practice hard for the fans so I can make them proud.. even if I work myself to the bone.

"Alright Michael, let's take it from the top of Jam" Kenny Ortega says into his microphone from his table offstage.

I nod and fix my earpiece, man I hate these things. I get into position for the start the song, I'm a bit rusty for my 8 year hiatus I must say.

*play the video ⬆️*

When the song ends the background dancers and I do the final pose for the song and Tom tells us to hold and wait for applause, then the lights fade to black.
Jam didn't really have much of choreography but it took a lot out of me..I mean, we've been practicing for 3 hours now.

Time for me to take a break.

I go backstage and get a cold water out of a refrigerator the staff bought and sit down wiping my sweat.

"Maybe I should call Y/N to see what she's doing"

I pick up my phone and call Y/N

-Y/N POV-
I hear my cell phone ring and look at the caller ID, it's Michael. He's probably on break.
I pick up the phone and answer it

"Hello??"

"Hey baby, I'm on break."
He sounded exhausted as he was trying to catch his breath

"I wish you here with me, I need to lay down for a couple minutes, this couch they have isn't comfortable.. you're more comfortable to lay on than this thing~"

I chuckle
"gee thanks, I'm glad I'm a nice pillow for you."

"I-I didn't mean it like that!"
He panicked a little, he probably thought he upset me by his little flirty comment

"I was kidding silly.. How's the rehearsals going??"

I heard him sigh in relief
"They're going good, I'm being worked to the bone here but I'm doing it for the fans. I don't want them to be disappointed in me for not trying hard enough."

His tone of voice started to sound really sad.

"And I don't think others would be quite happy with me.." he said under his breath

" "others?" What did he mean by that?? He's probably speaking tired talk or just talking about Tom Kenny and the This Is It crew. "

"What?"
I mess with him just to maybe see if I could possibly get him to clarify.

"Nothing! Listen Y/N I have to go now, I will see you when I get home ok? Let's take a nice shower and nap together when I get home"

I blush at him saying he wants to take a shower with me and cover my face with my free hand

"O-Okay Michael, we'll do that. See you when you get home."

"I love you baby, bye."

He hangs up.

Rude, I didn't even get to say it back..

"Why was he in such a hurry if he just got on break for?"

-Michael POV-
I messed up again. I said too much but Y/N probably brushed it off, I really need to control my thoughts and what I say in front of others. I know she's my Fiancé, but with the history I had with people, it's hard to trust anyone I meet.. with what I say of course.

I'm so exhausted, both physically and mentally.

I put my elbows on my knees and hold my head in my hands and try to relax.

"Everything is gonna be ok.. everything is gonna be ok.. relax Michael, relax."
I close my eyes. While I'm on my 10 minute break, I'm going to think this through. VERY thoroughly..

Someone pats me on the shoulder

Never mind on the thinking now that someone is here.
I turn my head and see it's Kenny

-Kenny POV-
I walk past the break room and see Michael covering his face. I wonder what's wrong with him, so I go and give him two gentle pats on the shoulders and sit next to him

"Am I working you too hard? Do you need more breaks? If there's anything you need, just let me know ok? This is YOUR show." I smile reassuringly

-Michael POV-
I look over to Kenny and nod slightly after hearing what he says.

"More breaks every now and then would be nice, everything is just fine. I would like to go home if that's alright."

I'm over exhausted, I feel as if I'm going to pass out. If I pass out here they'll take me to the hospitals or something, all this dancing and singing today has made me.. done for the day, I guess you can say.

Kenny nods and smiles "sure! I'll wrap things up with the dancers and musicians, practice a couple more songs and then have them go home. Make sure to get some rest for tomorrow!"

I can tell he's studying me. But I put a fake smile on once more and hug him, thanking him.

Time to go home. Thank.. god. I need to sleep.

-Later on that evening-

-Y/N POV-
Michael walks in the door of our bedroom and plops on the bed

"You're not going to take a shower?"
I look at him with my hands on my hips, as he promised me we'd take a shower together

"Too tired.. sleep sounds nice right now.."
His voice was deeper due to him being overly exhausted, and his face sinks into our big feather filled comforter blanket. His voice sounds super sexy when he's tired.

"You're not going to change out of your suit? You're gonna sweat to death in your sleep!" I pout

"Let me.." he pauses "can you get my pajamas for me..? I'm too comfy and tiredddd"

I roll my eyes and chuckle "yeah sure King Michael, I'm not putting it on you though."

"Y/N pleaseee.. I'm tireddd.."

"Michael come on I'm not you're maid."

"Fineee.." he pouts and gets his red flannel pajamas and goes into the bathroom to change and brush his teeth

He comes out and tiredly wraps his arms around my waist and walks me to my side of the bed, jokingly smacking my butt before I get on the bed to lay down. He's adorable but flirty when he's really tired, he probably won't remember doing all this when he wakes up.

"W-What is it Michael??"

"Aren't.. you forgetting something?"
He says as he's half awake standing behind me

"No I didn't." I turn around and put my hands on his face and kiss him softly, he weakly kisses back. Then walks to his side and goes under the covers.

I didn't even get to cuddle up to him and he was sleeping

I chuckle and look up to him, pulling the covers up then shutting off the light before going to sleep myself.

"Goodnight Michael."

——————————————————
🔥AUTHOR NOTE🔥
Woohoo second chapter! Sorry this chapter was so long, I tried to fit his day in one chapter. Chapter 3 will be out tomorrow as well! Enjoy this chapter while I work on the third! ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7M 249K 60
𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 π„π§πžπ¦π’πžπ¬ 𝐭𝐨 π‹π¨π―πžπ«π¬ Enzo Mariano is known for being nothing but ruthless. He is feared by all in the Italian mafia. He kills on...
8.3K 181 25
Dave Seville's gone for a few days on a business trip, leaving ALL his kids alone to spend the couple of days... together! What could possibly go wr...
33.6K 751 15
A story about how you the reader grew up as Michael Jackson's best friend. Will it evolve into more? You'll have to read the find out! Please enjoy a...
30.3K 763 31
Hisoka and Illumi. You love both. How will this love story end? Someone's bound to get hurt. I do not own any of the characters in Hunter x Hunter...