A Love found in Affliction

By nav_k21

With in the four walls of Wentworth East Hospital, Manhattan, two people found their life's turned upside dow... More

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Note
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Announcement!
Chapter Thirty
Announcement II
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
The Mafia's Daughter
Surprise!

Chapter Thirty Five

34.7K 1K 155
By nav_k21

Epilogue

Dedicated to all the readers who supported and cheered Aaron and Elaine's story from day one.
Thank you so much for all your supportive votes and comments.
They always made me smile.
You all are my motivation to do better.

“Oh my god Elaine! You look beautiful!” Sam gushed as she walked up to her with little Zach bouncing on her hip. Zach William Sparks was Sam’s adopted son whom she had adopted when he was only a week old. It had been one of the happiest days in their lives when Sam had walked through the doors with Zach in her arms. Aaron adored him and spoiled him to no extent.

“Elaine, darling! You look stunning!” Rose exclaimed as she entered the room after Sam with Kaden waddling in ahead of her. Kaden was now a year old and had too much energy for such a small human being.

He walked up to Elaine and pulled on her wedding gown.

“No baby. Come here” Rose said as she picked up Kaden. “Aaron is going to be floored the moment he sees you. I can’t wait to see his face!”

Yes, today was the day, the day Aaron and Elaine were finally going to become one as man and wife. The wedding was held in the beautiful backyard of Aaron’s and Elaine’s new home. The altar was set up near the small creek that ran behind the property.

“I am so nervous” Elaine whispered as she fidgeted with her veil. The makeup team and the hair stylist packed up and left, leaving the three ladies alone in the room.

Sam was going to give Elaine away while Rose was going to be the maid of honor.

“Don’t be nervous. You are starting the most beautiful phase of your life today” Rose said as she removed Elaine’s hand from her veil and pulled it down, covering her face.

Elaine took a deep breath and nodded, trying to calm down her heartbeat. She was finally going to be his, in every sense. She smiled at that thought.

“I still can’t get over how gorgeous you look!” Sam said as she tried to control her tears. Elaine’s wedding gown was truly breathtaking. It was an A line gown set, with a strapless sweetheart bodice adorned in crystal encrusted lace which continued into an asymmetrical tiered petal skirt.

Elaine looked ethereal with her auburn hair styled in loose waves and the front pulled back with an elegant tiara.

“Now no crying, you are going to make Elaine cry as well. Shush” Rose said as she patted Sam’s back.

A knock on the door interrupted them and Dante poked his head in.
His eyes widened as he looked at Elaine.

“Wow” He simply said as he came in hugged her. Elaine smiled and hugged him back. She had finally gotten over her panic attacks and PTSD after almost 7 months of therapy though the nightmares still sometimes made an occasional appearance.

“That poor bastard has no clue. He is going to knocked senseless” Dante grinned.

“Hey, step away from her now. Don't squish her dress.” Rose said.

“And aren’t you supposed to be with the groom and make sure he doesn’t run away?” Sam asked.

“Aaron and run away? If it was up to him he would come here and drag her to altar. I came by to get the kids and hand them over to Judy” He said referring to Rose’s mother.

Dante picked up both the kids and walked out of the room.

“You should definitely have more kids. Suits him” Sam said teasing Rose.

“Okay ladies. It is about time” The wedding planner said as she looked at the watch.

“Where did you go?” Aaron asked once Dante came and stood by his side.

“I am back so stop being whiny”

“This is taking too long. Where is she?”

“Man you are whipped” Dante muttered

“Don’t make me regret making you my best man”

“You had no other choice”

“Fair point”

Silence descended amongst the audience as the back door was pulled open. The pianist keyed the tune of “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran which cued the entrance of the bride. Everyone stood up as Elaine stepped into the aisle.

Aaron felt like his heart stopped and he was suspended in the moment. She looked mesmeric as she walked down the aisle and Aaron lost his train of thoughts. He felt like he was in a dream. He couldn’t believe this angelic woman belonged to him.

She reached the end of the aisle and Aaron stepped down to take her hand from Sam, his eyes not leaving her face even for a second.

“Take good care of her” Sam said as she placed her hand in Aaron’s. Elaine felt like coming home the moment her hand touched his. Her husband to be simply looked ravishing in his black tuxedo which defined his muscular frame with his brown hair slicked back. His grey eyes shone with infinite love and Elaine felt herself drowning.

They stepped on the altar and stood facing one another.

“Ladies and Gentlemen today we are gathered her to witness the holy matrimony of Aaron Wade Clark and Elaine Marie Sparks. You may speak your vows”

“Elaine, I can’t promise you that our relationship won’t have its up and downs or we won’t have our bad times and rough days. However I can and will promise you to protect you and be by your side through each one of those ups and down and to be your rock during the rough days. I promise to protect you and respect you till my last breath and I promise you my full devotion and loyalty till the very end. I love you more than words can describe. So I ask you to wear this ring so that you will always have a part of my love with you no matter where you are.” Aaron finished as he slipped on the wedding band on her ring finger next to the engagement ring.

Elaine had tears in her eyes as Aaron finished his vows. Now it was her turn. She took a deep breath and looked in his grey orbs.

“Aaron, I love you unconditionally and without hesitation. I pledge you my loyalty and devotion. I will laugh with you in the times of joy and be your comfort in the times of sorrow. I promise to support you and accept your support as we will build our lives together. I was already yours before you even asked me. As I have already given you my hand to hold, so I give you my heart to keep. I will be yours in every sense for all the days of my life. So along with this ring, I give you my heart. From this day onwards you are not alone, may my love always guide you home.” Elaine said as she put his wedding band on his ring finger.

“Do you, Aaron Wade Clark, take Elaine Marie Sparks as your lawfully wedded wife?”

“I do”  Aaron’s voice rang loud and clear.

“Do you, Elaine Marie Sparks, take Aaron Wade Clark as your lawfully wedded husband?”

“I do” Elaine said as she smiled through her tears.

“I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride”

Aaron stepped forward and lifted her veil. He gently cradled her face in his palms and kissed her lips tenderly as the crowd applauded and cheered them.

The wedding ceremony soon shifted to the reception. Aaron and Elaine had their first dance as a couple.

Everyone was mesmerized by the love that surrounded the newlywed couple as they swayed to “Thinking out Loud”.

Now the party was in full swing.

Aaron and Elaine sat around the table with Aaron’s tuxedo jacket draped around Elaine’s shoulder and her feet, freed from the heels, propped in his lap.

“I have a small wedding gift for you” Elaine said as she reached for her clutch. She pulled out a rectangular box with a bow on it.

“Open it” She urged him as she handed it to him.

Aaron pulled at the bow string and pulled it open. His jaw dropped as he saw the gift.

It was a pregnancy test with a positive sign along with a note “Congratulations Daddy.”

“Elaine?”

“Yes…we are going to have a baby”

Aaron leaped up from his chair and picked her up.

“You just made me the happiest man alive” He yelled as he swung her around. “I love you so much Elaine, I love both you so much” He said as he kept his hand over her abdomen.

Their world was complete.

THREE YEARS LATER.

Aaron got out of the car as the driver held open the door. Jack held out his hand so he could take the huge box of donuts from his boss, but Aaron shook his head.

“I got this” He said as he stepped out and walked up to the front door. As soon as he stepped inside he was greeted by squeals of joy.

“Dadda!” His eighteen months old daughter, Ariella , came running towards him as fast as her tiny legs could carry her.

“Hello gorgeous” Aaron smiled as he lifted her up with one hand and settled her on his hip.

“Where is my kiss?” He asked and Ariella placed a sloppy kiss in his cheek and laughed.

“Love, I am home” Aaron said as he walked into the kitchen with donuts in one hand and Ariella in other. He gently put her down and she waddled off towards the living room.

“You got them!” Elaine asked as she came up to Aaron and kissed him.

“How are you feeling love?” He asked

“As usual”

“And how is my little boy doing?” Aaron bent and kissed her eight month pregnant belly.

“Has been kicking around all day.” Elaine groaned. Aaron laughed and kissed her forehead.

“Here are the donuts you asked for. All with vanilla frosting and extra rainbow sparkles.”

“WHAT DID YOU SAY?” Elaine yelled as she snatched the box from him. “I ASKED FOR CHOCOLATE DIP!” She yelled at him as she slammed the box on the kitchen counter.

Aaron’s phone rang out and he quickly answered it, trying to save himself from her anger.

“Hey, wanted to tell you the security cameras in the E block basement are up and running again” Dante said.

“Great thanks” Aaron replied his eyes still on Elaine who was now glaring daggers at him while she ranted about his carelessness. He on the other hand could swear on his life she asked for vanilla frosting and rainbow sprinkles.

“Is everything okay?” Dante asked as he heard Elaine yell in the background.

Aaron watched with an amused smile as Elaine dumped all the donuts in the garbage and chucked the empty box at him. Aaron ducked and replied to Dante.

“Never been better”

THE END.

So this is it!
I hope you all enjoyed reading this story as much as I enjoyed writing it.
Please leave your views in the comments below!
And don't forget to vote!

P.S
My new story "The Mafia's Daughter" is up. The first chapter will be posted in a few days.
Please do follow to stay updated!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.6K 2.9K 59
❝𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐭, 𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥.❞ Living in a world...
1M 24.4K 43
"I am pregnant, " I say looking into his eyes intensely but his face is emotionless. "what? " he asks stunned, he paces around for a few minutes "I...
1.9M 58.1K 60
[COMPLETED] [Hightest Ranking #3, From 3rd to 6th September 2016] She was an epitome of strength, though afraid of people leaving her, she built wall...
4.6M 108K 25
Join me in my penthouse suite. I will make you feel things you have never felt before... Sophia has always believed that she did not need a man in he...