Flirting With The Good Girl

By MakaylaCross135

Her name is Jessica. No doubt her beauty's a pain in my ass because I never can seem to get her out of my hea... More

Flirting With The Good Girl
Awkward Silences
Got Skill?
You The Hoe, Idaho
Party Games
I Have Women Balls
A Forgotten Shoe
We're Going On A Trip In Our Favorite Rocket Ship ... Jupiter
Pain In The Ass
Breathing Underwater
Missed Calls
He's A Kiss N Tell Kind Of Guy
Why Be Rude When You Can Be Nude
Betrayal Can Only Happen If You Love
Infamous Last Words
It's Complete Bullshit
So That Means I Can't Have A Hug
She's Just His Spring Fling Sex Thing
Grow A Pair
When Knight Met Day
Break A Leg
Part1: Confessions Of A Lover Boy
Part2: Confessions Of A Lover Boy

That Carter Kid

19.1K 421 834
By MakaylaCross135

~Unedited~

~Flirting With The Good Girl~

Chapter11: That Carter Kid

*Jake Parkers*

Sometimes life doesn't seem worth living. What is there really to live for? Sometimes I wonder if people even need me -like what if I died right now, who would miss me?

Life is cruel, brutal, and unfair. But only to some. Why? Why can't everyone have a family who loves them? Someone you can trust and count on? Why do fathers have to come home drunk and cause havoc. Why do mothers give up and pretend you don't exist.

It's not fair.

I thought we were supposed to look up to our parents. I thought they were supposed to set an example and show you right from wrong.

And because of them I have to pick up their shit and live with their mistakes. They made me grow up before I had to. They ruined me.

And as another tear streams down my face, I allow myself to break down and give up on life -just for a while.

The pain feels like it swells up in my chest and it's just a matter of time before I explode. I ball my hands into fists and resist the urge to scream.

I'm not aware of my actions, but when I feel the immense pain in my hand, I look through blurred vision to see a hole in the wall, leaving my knuckles bloody.

I stagger back and fall into a heap on the ground. If someone asked me if I'd be okay with dying right now, I'd say yes. I can only take so much pain and soon I won't be able to stand it any longer.

I clench my bloody hand into a tight fist and squeeze my eyes tightly shut as I scream.

I scream and scream, hoping to release the pain.

"Hey, dude. Calm down! Jake, it's okay." I hear Garret's voice.

He's suddenly pulling me to my feet while trying to calm me down. "Breathe, Jake. It's going to be okay."

How do you know that, I wanna scream but I can't muster up the energy.

Garret pulls me to a sitting position and quickly begins to clean my hand.

I'm fighting the screams but the tears fall like rain in the tropics. I just wish I could release some of the pain, and the only way I can do that is by getting rid of Jase -for good.

I then see lights of a car shine in through my window and the sound of Carter's voice sounding panicked.

"Why is he here?" I say a bit harshly. Garret frowns and wipes away the rest of the blood on my hand. "Because he's your friend. He should be here."

"Just because I spazzed out doesn't mean you have to call the guys." I explain as I examine my hand.

"It's not just because you spazzed out. We've been afraid for you, Jake."

My bedroom door suddenly opens and Ethan and Carter both walk in with concerned expressions.

"Are you okay, Jake?" Carter asks sitting down next to me. I shrug and look down.

"You have to talk to us, Jake. You can't act like everything is okay all the time. Pretending just makes things worse." Ethan says taking a seat in my game chair.

"Then how else do I make myself feel better?" I mumble.

"By talking things out." Garret says.

"But talking doesn't help." I say irritated. They don't get it. "I don't know why people insist on talking about your feelings. It doesn't help. It only makes things worse or awkward. If you tell someone how you feel, they treat you like you're fragile and they step around you like a broken glass." I explain.

"Maybe they have to so they don't crush your pieces to the point of irreparable." Ethan replies.

"Or maybe they're just giving sympathy that is not wanted when love is the actual needed requirement." I snap.
Garret sighs and runs a hand through his hair. "Jake, can you step outside for a moment."

"Why?"

"I need to have a talk with the guys."

I frown and look between the three of them but they avoid my gaze.

"Jessica's outside in the car. You can accompany her." Carter suggests.

Ethan gives me a look that says to try nothing with her. I stand up on shaking legs and slip out of the room.

I debate whether or not to stand by the door and listen in on their conversation but they know me too well and expect me to stay so the remain quiet.

When I finally give up, I walk downstairs and outside.

Jessica -in all her beauty- sits in the passenger seat of Carter's car while listening to music silently. When she spots me, she frowns and hops out of the car. "Hey, Jake. Are you okay?"

Well isn't that just the question of the day -no year.

"I'm fine." I lie.

She crosses her arms and quirks an eyebrow. "Why don't I believe that?"

Because your not as stupid as most girls. "Because it's not true." I murmur.

She nods and steps toward me. "Well I'm not going to ask what's wrong because I doubt you'll tell me the truth."

I chuckle. "Smart girl."

She smiles and leans against the car. "So instead of asking you about your touchy subjects, why don't we talk about football."

"Why football?"

She shrugs. "Because I don't understand it, and it would be cool if I knew what I was cheering for when I go to games."

I laugh and run a hand through my already messed up hair. "Okay, well what would you like to know about it?"

"Everything I guess. The basics would suffice."

I nod and look to a Nerf football laying off to the side. "Hand me that and I'll show you a few things."

I walk off a little into the yard and wait for her to get the ball. Her throw would have been perfection if she hadn't tripped while throwing it.

I catch the ball and resist to urge to laugh as she grumbles and stands up. "If I hear a laugh come out of you, I'll run you over." Jessica threatens.

Why does she always want to run me over?

After her showing her everything I can think of, we're both covered in mud and grass. Jessica keeps insisting on playin tackle football and not two hand touch but I'm not going to tackle a girl -especially Jessica. I don't want to hurt her.

"Are you being sexist or something? Do you think I'm too weak to take a tackle or something?" She asks snatching the ball from me.

"I never said you were too weak and no, I'm not being sexist."

"Then hit me!" She says dropping the ball and pointing to her face. "Right here. Hit me!"

"No! I'm not going to hit you!" I exclaim. "Why would I hit you?"

"I don't know? Maybe you don't have any balls to do it?" She presses.

I narrow my eyes and step towards her small frame. "Oh, I have balls, hon. I'll prove it to you if I have to."

Her face turns red but she maintains her composure. "Prove it by hitting me."

Why? Why does she want me to hit her?

"No, I'm not hitting you."

"Hit me!"

"No!"

"Hit me you pansy!"

"No!"

"Aaron Jacob Parkers! Hit me!"

Finally, I get fed up with it and bring my fist back. I let my fist fly towards her but stop in front of her face. I tap her nose with my finger and smirk. "No."

I pick the ball up just as Jesscia pushes me over. "Are you afraid you're going to hurt me?"

I stare up at her from the ground. "Uh, yeah! Carter would probably try and beat my ass anyways."

"Very true." She says. "Maybe you shouldn't hit me."

I wasn't going to either way.

I stand up and hand her the ball. "How about this? You can tackle me, but I can only do the two hand touch?"

"You think I'm weak, don't you?

I sigh and give in. "Okay, you want me to tackle you, then I will."

She smiles. "Good. And no holding back."

Planning on it.

After she throws the ball my way and I catch it, she takes off sprinting for me. She's a fast runner but not fast enough. I dodge her tackle and she ends up face planting into the grass.

She curses and hops back to her feet. "Again!"

This time she's the one with the ball and once she catches it, I take off for her. Her eyes grow wide when I close in on her. I grab her around the waist and swing her in the air before setting her back to her feet.

"I wanna play!" Ethan's ecstatic voice chimes.

Carter and Garret stand off to the side with serious expressions as they wave me over. I hand the ball off to Ethan before jogging over to the the two buisness like men. "Yes?" I as while watching as Jessica lays Ethan out causing us all to take a moment to laugh.

Carter's smile fades as he composes himself. "We've decided something for you and you can't get out of it. Mary even agrees with us."

I frown. "What is it? You're not sending me to a mental institution, are you?"

"No, why would we do that?"

"I was screaming and bleeding like a maniac. They sent Stiles to a mental institution because of reasons like that."

"Stiles? Who's that?" Carter quizzes.

"But they always sent him because he was possessed by a nogitsune. Are you possessed, Jake?" Garret asks.

"No."

"Then you're okay. But we have decided to send you to a shrink, just to talk things over." He replies.

"That's the same thing as a mental institution!" I say while waving my arms around frantically to prove my point.

"Not it's not." Carter says. "And who is Stiles?"

"I don't want to go. I'm going to be okay without having to talk to someone who gets paid to hear about my 'feelings' and 'thoughts'. They probably don't even care."

"They will. Just do it, please. We want to make sure you will be okay."

I sigh and press my lips into a thin line. "Fine, but only because you said please."

****

"My milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard."

I dance to the beat of the song as I walk through the halls to my first period. "And they're like, it's better then yours. Damn, right. They're better than yours."

Ethan stares at me oddly as I sing the song while moving with my Dancing With The Stars skills. "Dude, you're getting weird." He says as I open my locker.

"I can teach you but I have to charge." I collect my books and slip out of my sweatshirt. "Come on. You know you wanna sing a long!" I say.

"No, I'm not so sure I want to. Especially with the student body staring at us like we're insane."

"They will think nothing of it. Come on! Sing with me!"

He then smiles. "La-la-la-la-la."

"My milkshake bring all the boys to the yard and they're like, it's better than yours. Damn, right. It's better than yours."

After me and Ethan depart, I walk into Mr. Welsh's class, but surprisingly, David isn't there.

Jessica is already sitting in her seat while reading a book like the bookworm she is. I sit beside her but she no longer questions it. She can't get rid of me, even if she tried.

"What are you reading?" I ask.

"The Giver."

I frown. "What about Dracula? I thought we had to finish it."

"We finished it two weeks ago. Mr. Welsh assigned The Giver last week."

I should really start paying attention.

"Well I didn't get a copy of the book." I say.

"That's because you refused to take it and said reading is for losers." She says setting her book down. "And then you started playing flappy bird, remember?"

I smile. "Yeah, I got a high score of seventeen! Dude, I'm getting awesome!"

She rolls her eyes and leans back in her chair. "Whatever helps you sleep at night."

Suddenly the door opens and Mr. Welsh walks in with a frustrated face as David trails behind him with a cupcake. "Happy birthday to you!" David sings as he hands Mr. Welsh the cupcake.

"Well blow out the candle!"

Mr. Welsh sighs loudly and snatches the cupcake. "I'll blow the candle out if you swear to sit down and shut up."

David shakes his head. "I don't swear. But I do promise! I promise!"

We don't even have to ask Mr. Welsh what he wished for -it's probably David dropping dead before he can make it to his seat.

"How old do you think he is?" I ask Jessica.

"Sixty three, sixty five at the most."

I frown. " Really? I was thinking more sixty eight. Seventy even."

"Hes not that old."

"Look at him. He's like ancient. I wouldn't be surprised if he was Dracula himself. He's all old and pale and lifeless."

She laughs. "If he was Dracula, I'm sure he would've killed David by now, and you too, probably."

"No, I would shield myself with your body and then make a run for it." I say.

"Oh, wow. So you'd just use me and then run without looking back?"

"I use girls all the time. It would be no different." Shut up Jake, you're an idiot.

She frowns. "Maybe you're Dracula. All heartless and shit."

"I'm not Dracula. And I'm not heartless. But I am a boy."

"Same thing." She spats.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." Jake, you're helpless cause.

She turns to me with a murderous look. "You would have to if you had to stay up half the night in a screaming match with your dad."

She's got it easy. She gets to argue with her father whereas I have to constantly watch my back when he's around. "Yeah, maybe I would have. Or maybe I would have been glad a screaming match is all that happened and nothing more."

"Or you could just be glad you don't have to go throug it at all."

Maybe I could try and hate Jessica. It would be best if I did. But I couldn't do that. I could try but I would fail. I wish I hated her though. It would make things so much simpler.

The rest of the period is silent. We don't speak or even glance at one another. I continue to try and improve my score on flappy bird as Jessica reads her book.

I don't understand why I have to be such a douche to her. She means well but I continue to be a complete asshole to her. And by getting her, I'll have to stop that. I know Carter likes her, maybe more than he knows, but he has to understand I like her as well.

I'll fight for her if I have to. I'm not just going to sit back and have to see Jessica and Carter fall for each other. I'll make her mine - she will be my princess.

+++

"Dude, we're going to get into so much shit for this." Garret says as he paces back and forth.

"No we won't. They'll have to catch us first." I say as I apply my face paint on.

"And what if they do catch us. They'll kick us out." Carter says.

"They won't catch us. And besides, we'll have our disguises on. They won't know who we are." I reply.

Ethan's on my team and our enemies are non other than the grotesque Garret and the Creeper known as Carter.

I tie the bandana around my head and grab my walkie talkie. "Are you ready to cause havoc over this town?"

Ethan smiles and slips his sun glasses on. "I was born ready."

The doors swing open as we let out our battle cries and head into the mall.

"I'll meet you on the second floor!" I shout as I dive into a fake bush set up beside the food court. I take out my binoculars and search for the enemy. I must be visible to some people because some stare at me like I'm a freak.

They're just jealous because they can't look as amazing as me.

I suddenly spot Garret hiding behind a bench on the other side of the building. He's talking into his walkie talkie and looking anxiously around.

I'm the predator and he's my prey. I creep out of the bush and ninja roll behind another fake bush.

My walkie talkie beeps and Ethan's voice shouts out urgently. "Found Carter! He's headed toward the elevator."

"You shoot his ass! I got Garret." I reply before grabbing my Nerf gun and swinging it around. I run cautiously through the crowds of people as they continue to shop.

Just as I'm about to shoot Garret, someone grabs my shirt and yanks me back. "I thought I told you and your friends to have your Nerf battles somewhere else."

I turn my head to see Paul the security guard. "We did but the aquatic center kicked us out."

He sighs and grabs my walkie talkie. "Okay boys, that's enough. Get out of here before I call your parents."

He takes my Nerf gun and heads toward Garret who looks like a scowled puppy.

After he's found all four of us, he drags us to the exit. "If I see you guys around here again with your Nerf guns, I'm kicking you out for good."

I quickly grab my much much smaller Nerf gun out of my boot and aim at Paul's face. "Alright, pinhead. Your time is up."

He sighs and goes to grab my gun but I jump back. "I'll shoot!"

"Son, do you want me to confiscate all of your toys?"

Toys?

"Good luck trying to get them!" I grab the Nerf gun he stole from me and take off running down the mall while screaming out my battle cry. It feels good to act like a kid again. We're all running down the mall with the security guards chasing us as we shoot at civilians.

"Die, bitch! Die!"

"Ah, dude! You just hit a kid!"

I run through a fountain as Paul shouts at me to get out. I purposely slosh through the water to annoy him. I hop out and catch up with the guys just as they burst through the exit. We don't stop running though. We jump into Ethan's car and speed out of the parking lot while shouting out absurd phrases to the security guards.

Like I said, it feels good to be a kid again.

*Jessica Knight*

"Macaroni is my favorite food. I like when they're shape like stars. Those ones are my favorite." Luke says as he sits at the snackbar

"Macaroni is my favorite too but you wanna know what my most favorite food is?" I ask as I let the macaroni cool.

"Yeah."

"Yogurt. Every flavor. "

He laughs and allows a grin to spread on his face. "I like yogurt too. I like the strawberry kind with granola on it."

"You have great taste in food, my friend." I reply as I fill a bowl of macaroni for him.

"Okay, so what's your favorite song? Mine is Spongebob's theme song."

I laugh and sit beside him. "It's hard to choose just one song."

"Do you listen to country music?"

"I listen to about everything -except rap " I reply.

"I don't like rap. I can never understand what the people are saying." He says as he devours his food.

"That's probably a good thing, Luke." I chuckle.

He takes a drink of his Kool -Aid before turning to me. "What do you want to play? Ethan and Carter aren't home so we could play with the squirt guns."

"That sounds fun. Would you like to play that?" I ask.

He nods vigorously. "Yeah, but when I'm done eating"

I hop off the chair and head to the garage in search of the squirt guns. Forgetting how large their house is, I find myself in the game room.

"Wrong way, silly." Luke chimes from behind me. He grabs my hand with his little one and drags me behind him. We soon make it to the garage and he releases my hand to run to a shelf full of Nerf guns.

"Ethan and Carter never let me play with these. They think I'll break it" Luke explains as he hands me a gun. "They only let Jake and Garret use them."

Unfair.

"Won't they be mad at me for letting you play with them."

"No, they won't be mad at you. Carter likes you. He'll let me do anything if you say it's okay." Luke says as he starts to fill the guns with water.

"What about Ethan? Won't he be mad?"

"No. Carter wouldn't let him be mad at you. I think Carter loves you." Luke says with a small smile.

I feel my face burn red. "Why do you think he loves me?"

"He talks about you all the time and he kisses you too."

"That doesn't mean he loves me." I say with a faint laugh.

"But the girls before you he never talked about and he never kissed them. He'd take them to his room and then they'd leave" Luke says. "Linda says Carter loves you."

"Linda? Isn't that your mom's name?" I ask.

"She's not my mom. She my sister." He says as he holds his gun up. "Are you ready to fight! I'm a good shot so watch yourself!" He then takes off running outside in the backyard.

I quiz over what Luke said earlier but I drop the subject and chase after him. And he was not lying when he said he was a good shot.

By the time we're done playing, I'm soaked from head to toe. My hair is sticking to my face as I walk inside the house. Luke laughs at me as he walks inside perfectly dry. I shot him twice and all the others he had dodged.

As we dry ourselves off with a towl, he looks up at me and gives me a concentrated look. "What's your favorite color?"

"Blue." I reply as I dry my hair off.

He frowns. "I thought it was pink."

"Why did you think it was pink?"

He shrugs. "It's the color of your bra."

My eyes widen and I look down only to see right through my shirt. How do I manage to embarrass myself all the time. I cross my arms over my chest and awkwardly laugh. "I, uh, I'll be right back. Turn Spongebob on or something."

He nods and runs into the living room.

At least he wasn't Carter or Ethan ... or Garret or Jake.

Or anybody else.

I head upstairs and into Carter's room in hopes to find a shirt of his or a sweatshirt. I end up throwing on a shirt that has Weston High Red Devils on the front and Daniels on the back.

I sit down on the couch beside Luke and allow my embarrassment to be forgotten.

Message from That Carter Kid 5:51 pm - Hey, how are you and Luke doing?

I smile and look at Luke. I so wish he was my little brother - I take that back. I had a brother and I want him back.

Me - Good. He's really rambunctious!

He's totally full of energy. Someone should put him in a hamster wheel and let him run. That be really funny though. I'd so do it.

Message from That Carter Kid 5:53 pm - He's not going crazy is he?

Me - Nope. We're just chillin.

Message from That Carter Kid 5:57pm - Good. I'll be home in five minutes. See you then

Knowing that I'll be seeing him in a few minutes makes my stomach erupt with butterflies. Not to mention what Luke had said earlier.

I think Carter loves you.

Remembering that only seems to make my heart pound furiously against my chest. What if he does love me? Do I love him? Is it too soon to feel love for him?

Ugh, such confusing questions.

I hear a car pull up to the house and a door shut. Heart. Pounding.

I need just a few minutes before I see him. My feelings are jumbled up. I grab a blanket and cover myself from sight. Luke laughs and jumps ontop of me just as I hear Carter's deep voice. "Hey guys, I'm home!"

Heart. Pounding.

I hear a deep chuckle and Luke is suddenly lifted off of me. "What's up you little booger?" Carter asks Luke.

"Not much crapface."

I can't help but laugh at that. Luke is such a Daniels boy.

"Beat it, you little disease before I sit on you." Carter laughs.

After Luke has disappeared, I hear Carter walk towards me. "Hey, Jay. What are you doing?"

I can see his perfect face through the fleece of the blanket. His hair is messed up and he has marks of face paint staining his face. "Nothing, really. You?"

He laughs and pulls the blanket off of me. Does he always have to be so perfect? His blue eyes shine brightly as he sits beside me. "Sorry you had to babysit Luke. I'm sure you'd rather do anything else."

"No I wanted to and besides, he keeps me entertained."

He picks up a strand of my hair and examines it. "Is your hair wet?" He then looks down at the shirt I'm wearing and raises his eyebrows. "That looks good on you."

Go away you stupid blush!

I burry my face into a pillow while mentally promising the world that I'll find a cure for blushes so no one will ever have them again.

Carter laughs and lifts my chin up with his fingers. "I won't embarrass you anymore if you kiss me."

That's like the best deal ever!

I waste no time to press my lips against his. I wrap my arms around his neck and run my hands through his dark hair.

"I told you he loves you!"

I jump away from Carter only to see Luke standing by the couch with a smile.

Carter's face turns so red I wouldn't be surprised if it actually burnt. "Luke! I'm going to kill you!"

Carter jumps off the couch and chases Luke up the stairs while yelling out threats.

I sink into the couch and pull my knees up to my chest. I hear a door slam and feet pounding against the floor as Luke squeals.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"'Luke shouts as I see him run down the stairs and dash through the door leading to the basement. Carter stands by the door, his face still red burning red. "I'll get you later, you dimwit"

Carter then turns on his heel and looks back at me. "Don't mind him. He's just an eight year old boy."

I smile as he holds his hand out to me. I take it and he leads us upstairs to his room. He wraps and arm around my waist and pulls me into him. We walk into his room, shutting the door behind us, he says, "Give me a minute to wipe this face paint off."

I sit on the edge of his bed and watch as he walks into his bathroom and starts to gingerly wipe the paint away. He meets my eyes in the mirror and smiles. "You're probably wondering why I have face paint on, huh?"

I laugh and shrug. "Not really. But I am wondering about the boots. Are those women's?" I joke.

He dries his face off and walks out of the bathroom "Real funny, Knight."

He suddenly pulls his shirt off allowing me to see his well sculpted body. I rake my eyes over his body until I land on his abs. Gosh, damn it, they look lickable.

"Staring again, I see." Carter says as he throws his shirt in the hamper.

I don't even care that he caught me practically eye raping him. I just want him -now!

I jump off the bed and fling my arms around his neck. I hungrily press my lips to his and bite at his bottom lip. He grabs my legs and wraps them around his waist before we fall back onto his bed. My shirt rises up, allowing him to run his fingers across my stomach.

He pulls away to rest his forehead against mine. "He wasn't lying. At least I don't think he was."

I run my fingers through his hair as I say, "Who wasn't lying?"

"Luke. He wasn't lying when he said that I love you."

I look into his blue eyes, afraid of where this conversation is headed.

"But I'm afraid." He replies softly.

"A-Afraid of what?"

"Afraid of falling in love." He replies while letting his lip brush against mine.

I take a deep breath before pulling away from him. "Do you love me?"

His face turns red. "You won't think it's too soon if I say yes, will you?"

It's been a month since we've known each other. Almost two. It is too soon. But who cares? "No, I won't." I reply.

He smiles and looks at me with a red face. "Yes, I do love you."

I smile and cup his face in my hands. "Are you in love with me?"

There's a difference between love and being in love.

"Yes."

A grin spreads across my face as I lean in closer to him. "Good, because I love you too."

Carter has never looked as happy as he does now once those words left my lips. His face visibly brightens and his smile grows. He presses his lips against mine. I can feel his smile against my lips as he kisses me softly. But like any good innocent kiss, it becomes hungry and needful as time passes on.

"Luke's probably wondering where we are" I say through the kiss. I really don't need him walking in on us right now.

"Let him wonder." Carter murmurs.

I feel his lips work softly along the skin of my throat, each kiss rougher than the last. They become more urgent, more impatient. His lips find mine again but the sound of a door suddenly opening makes me freeze. I hear a low whistle and I peek over Carter's shoulder to see Ethan, Jake, Garret, and Luke standing in the entrance of the door.

I'm going to start counting how many times I find myself embarrassed in one day.

I groan and bury my face into Carter's bare chest.

"Sorry, are we interrupting something" Ethan asks.

"Get out, now!" Carter hisses.

Luke giggles. "See, Jessica! I told you!" Luke then happily runs off, leaving the other three standing in the door way.

Ethan walks in with a grin and sits beside me while Carter glares at him. "So tell me, Jessica," Ethan begins. "Who's a better kisser? Carter or me?"

I frown. "I've never kissed you -"

His lips are instantly on mine before I can even finish my sentence.

I try to pull away but he holds my face in his hands and won't let me go.

Suddenly Ethan is doubled over and on the ground cursing like a sailor.

Carter stands over him looking quite menacing. "Kiss her again and I'll rip your lips off."

Ethan gives him a thumbs up before crawling out of the room.

I stand up, still embarrassed and a bit violated after the kiss with Ethan. "I should probably get home. I have homework I need to get done." I say.

Carter slips on a clean shirt before nodding. "Do you need a ride home?"

"No, I drove myself. I'll see you tomorrow."

He pulls me in for a long kiss but I'm fully aware that Jake and Garret are still standing by the door so I pull away. "Good night."

He replies with a good night of his own before I slip past Jake and Garret and make my way home.

+++

"Where have you been?"

I peek into the living room to see dad sitting in his favorite chair with ESPN on.

"I was babysitting." I say.

"You said you'd be home by six though, it's ten thirty."

I frown and look at the time on my phone. Time went by fast. "I didn't know. I guess I lost track of time."

"You should have called. I left messages every ten minutes. I was about to go look for you." He says while trying to stay calm.

"How could I have called when I didn't know time had already gone by?"

"It's not hard, Jessica." He hisses. "Look at a damn clock and then you'll know."

"Okay, I'm sorry." I say a bit irritated. It's not like I had meant to stay over that late.

"Damn right you are. I'm getting sick of having to tell you how to act when you'll be eighteen soon."

"I know how to act. It's just never good enough for you." I snap.

He stands up with a cold glare. "Don't start mouthing me, Jessica."

"I'm not! I'm just speaking to you. Everything that comes out of my mouth isn't me smart mouthing you or challenging you!" I say as my voice starts to rise.

"It sure fucking seems like it!" He shouts. "Every little fucking word that comes out of your mouth is an insult towards me and I've had it! I'm calling your mother!"

"And what's she going to do? She could give a shit about either one of us!"

His hand suddenly connects with my face and I find myself staggering back. My cheek burns my hand touches my face. He slapped me?

This fight is escalating fast.

I then notice the beer bottles scattered all around his chair in the living room.

"You better go to your room before I do more than just hit you." He snaps.

I back away and head upstairs, unsure of what to think now.

But when my phone buzzes, everything's good again.

Message from That Carter Kid 10:37 pm - Goodnight. I love you.

*Jake Parkers*

I'm probably too late. I guess that's what I get for realizing my feelings for her too late. Really, if I look at the situation logically, I had no chance with her.

Me and her, we're complete opposites.

I'm a messed up boy with bigger problems then I'm ready to take on and Jessica - she's perfect. She may not have a perfect life but she's pretty damn perfect in my eyes. Her flaws are even perfect.

But that doesn't mean I'm giving up. I'll will fight for her until she's in my arms. It's probably about time I tell Carter how I feel about her. He should know.

I'm just afraid it'll effect our friendship. He's been there since the beginning and having Carter leave my life is like losing a brother and I refuse to lose a brother.

Still, if it means Jesscia could be mine, I may just go through with it.

Man, I'm such an idiot.

But like some saying go, sometimes the knight in shining armor is just a retard in tin foil.

And I'm that retard.

+++

I pull up to the house and tiredly walk inside. When I walk in, I hear mom laughing hysterically. "Oh my goodness! Why did you do that?"

"I was dared!"

I know that voice. I smile and rush into the living room. Jackson turns around and smiles. "Hey, little brother! How's it going?"

A sudden rush of happiness surges through me and I throw myself at him. I pull him into a bear hug. "I've missed you so much, Jackson! I'm so glad you're back!"

He laughs and hugs me back. "I've missed you too, Jake."

Mom smiles at us with her eyes glistening with tears. "My boys."

Suddenly the door opens and Jase walks in. "Jackson, it's great to see you home!" He chimes.

Shut up, fucktard.

Jackson presses his lips into a thin line and nods.

"It's good to have the whole family back together." Mom says in a dream like voice.

Yeah, the whole family. Jackson, mom, and I. Not Jase. He's just a freak standing off to the side.

With Jackson back, maybe things will start to change. Maybe good things will happen. I can only hope though.

+++

"I remember you had been dating Kristen for a while." I say. "Did you two break up?"

Jackson shrugs. "I don't really know. I mean, after I had been arrested she had stopped by almost everyday to visit me but as time went on, she didn't show as often. I haven't spoke to her for three weeks."

"You had been in prison for four years. At least she still stopped by." I reply.

"That's true, but I don't exactly feel the same way I did for her when I was younger." He says. "I still like her, but it's not enough."

"What if she feels the same way as you? What if she's dating someone else?" I asks.

He shrugs again. "I'd be cool with it. I didn't expect her to wait for me."

I nod and lean back into the sand.

"So what about you," he asks. "That Jessica girl still of your interest?"

I sigh and run a hand through my hair. "She's dating Carter."

He raises his eyebrows at that. "Really? He's dating again?"

I nod.

"He's going to screw it up." Jackson mutters.

"Hey, don't say that" I say defensively. "I hope this works out for him. Just not with Jessica." I feel like a total ass face for saying that.

"Then do something about it." Jackson replies.

I groan. "I'm not going to steal his girlfriend, Jackson. I may be an ass but I don't steal girlfriends."

"I didn't mean it like that." He voices.

"Are suggesting I become her friend first then?" I ask.

"Yes! You'll have a better chance of her falling for you if you become her friend. Have you ever read those stories where a girl befriends a guy and they soon realize their feelings for each other?" He asks.

I frown. "No, do you?"

He scratches the back of his neck. "No." He mutters. "My point is, Carter became friends with her first before they started dating. She got to know him and trust him. That's what you need to do."

He thinks just like Ethan. That's awful scary. Two Ethans in the world ... that must mean the world is ending.

"I don't know, Jackson. It's just a crush. It'll go away" I hope so.

He shakes his head and snatches my phone from me. "Dude, this isn't just a crush." He starts texting away on my phone. "Guys like you, me, your friends, we don't have crushes. You even said so yourself. This is more than just a crush. You like her, Jake. You like her."

I frown. "Are you implying that I love her?"

"Hell no, dude! You're far from love, but Jessica, I'm sure, can eventually give you the kind of love you want." He looks at me with a forward gaze. "But only if you let her."

I frown, not quite understanding his words.

"After the divorce, I know mom never really gave you any love, Jase is just stupid, and me, I was gone when you needed me the most. You've never really had anyone." Is he trying to make me cry? "You have always been on your own with no one to love you." I think he is. "But now that you've met Jessica, make her yours because she can love you."

"But I don't love her." I say

"Not yet you don't, but you will." He smiles. "You'll be head over heels for her by the time I'm done with the two of you."

I chuckle and lay back my against the warm sand. "That sounds very inviting."

"Hello, Carter?" I hear Jackson say. I look up to see him talking on the phone. "Yeah, it's Jackson."

He smiles and leans back on his elbows. "I'm doing good. I'm on probation but things are well."

"What are you doing?" I ask him trying to snatch my phone back.

"I'm at the beach with my little bro." He says punching me in the stomach to stop my attempt of getting my phone. "You should come down and join us. Get Ethan and Garret as well."

Jackson laughs. "Consider it done, and hey, bring that girlfriend of yours. I'd like to meet her."

After exchanging a goodbye with Carter, Jackson grins and hands me my phone. "You're welcome."

What?

***

"No beer, guys. Jackson's on probation." I say snatching a bottle from Ethan and tossing it to the side.

"So that means I can't have a drink?" Ethan says.

I nod.

"Well that sucks. What the hell do I do then?" He asks.

Just then, a group of girls walk by while flashing us flirty smiles. "Go hookup with those girls." I say.

He looks at them from behind and shrugs. "What the hell. I haven't had any for a few days." Lucky jackass. I haven't had any action for five weeks. That's messed up shit if you're asking me.

We do the cliché guy hand shake before he's working his 'charm' with the girls.

"When's Carter getting here?" Jackson asks as we all chill out on the beach.

"He'll be here. Him and Jessica were out shopping or something." Garret replies.

"Somone's whipped."

"No, actually Carter was the one who wanted to go shopping." Garret corrects him. "He can be a bit girly sometimes."

"Some guys like to shop." Jackson says. "Though I think of them as pansies or whipped."

"You think I'm a pansy?" Carter says from behind Jackson. "Then let's go bro!"

Jackson smiles and turns around. "I'm not your bro."

Carter smirks. "Then let's go sister!"

Jackson laughs before Carter pulls him into a manly hug.

"It's been too long since I've seen you wear actual clothes and not some orange jumper." Carter says. "It must be nice to be out?"

"It was total shit there, dude. You have no idea. I had to get up almost every morning at four just to be able to take a shower." Jackson says. "And my cell mate scared the shit out of me. I thought he was possessed, no joke."

Carter laughs. "At least you're out."

Carter then steps aside and reveals Jessica who was watching the sun set.

"Jackson, this is Jessica Knight." Carter says allowing Jessica to greet Jackson.

Jackson smiles. "Hello, Jessica. I've heard a lot about you."

She returns his smile with one of her own. "I've heard a lot about you as well. It's great to finally meet you."

Jackson is soon quickly wrapped around her finger as they continue to talk. Jessica doesn't understand what she does to people. If you're not hardcore crushing over her, then you want to be her best friend. She's the kind of person you just can't hate.

Rebecca doesn't count because she's just a bitch.

Jackson nudges me in the ribs with his elbow. "She's hot."

I scowl at him for saying that because I feel protective over her which is kind of annoying due to the fact that Carter can't seem to take his eyes off her.

"So, are you going to make a move?" He asks.

"No. Why the hell would I do that?" I say. "Carter's here, not to mention she'd probably take me down wit a right hook of or something."

"Well if you aren't going to make a move, I will."

I grab his arm and yank him back. "Do it and I'll cut your balls off."

He laughs and shrugs my hand off his arm. "I was only joking, Jake. Calm down. I won't touch your property."

"She's not my property." Though I sort of wish she was.

"Whatever, at least talk to her."

Right. I should go talk to her. About what though? I can't go over there and have nothing to say? I'll look like an idiot. What the hell do you talk about with a girl you like?

Before I can stop myself, I sit beside her. She gives me side glance before looking back out to the water. "I'm sorry for getting mad at you the other day" she says quietly. "I was in a bad mood"

I shrug her apology off. "No ,it's fine. I deserved it. I was being an asshole"

She smirks. "Aren't you always?"

Why do people keep saying that?

"That's really funny." I say. "So, what do you think about Jackson?"

She smiles. "He seems cool. I can see the similarities between you guys. Though he doesn't have green eyes like you. His are more blue."

"He got my mother's eyes." I got Jase's. Yah me.

"I got my mother's eyes too and I curse myself for it." She says in distaste.

Her lips form a frown and I can't help but wonder what it would be like to kiss her. To have my hands running through her hair as she moans my name. Just to be able to touch her.

Her pink lips start to move as she speaks to me but I don't hear her. All I can think about is kissing her. I'm going to kiss her. I'm going to kiss her right now.

I can do it.

I don't care if Carter gets mad. I'll fight him off if I have to. If I can steal a kiss from her, I'd fight him off over and over again.

I'm going to kiss her.

I can do it.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><>>>><><><

Chandler: Ducks or clowns?

Joey: Ducks because ... ducks have heads.

Chandler: What scary ass clowns came to your birthday party?

CANNOT STOP LAUGHING!

HELLOOOOOOO! How you doin? ;)

What did all y'all think of this chapter? Good, great, bad, horrible? Too short, too long, rushed, confusing? Tell me!!!

Jake's about to kiss Jessica! Holy cheese balls!!!! (Mom be like: cheese balls aren't holy)

I'm like in a really good mood so I'm sorry if I rant on but!!!! Who loves Jackson? Does he seem like a good brother? I love Jackson's character! He will be in the story quite a bit so yah!

The last question I asked was who would you date out of Jake, Carter, Ethan, Garret, or Thomas. Now I had got a lot of people saying Jake and Carter but Ethan ! Everyone loves Ethan! He's such a dork but I love him too!

There was one question not asked so here it is >nerdynicolle2000 asked: Thomas - would you ever date Jessica if she hadn't met Carter and started dating him?

Thomas: No, just because I like her doesn't mean I want to go out with her. And besides, she doesn't like me that way.

If you have anymore questions for Jake, Jessica, Carter, Ethan, Garret, Thomas etc. ask!

I made another account specifically for this story because I can't put up pictures of the characters so @LiveLoveMakayla there is a story posted up call Flirting With The Good Girl 101. It's everything you need to know about this story here. There's a picture of Jacob Parkers on that story so follow me at LiveLoveMakayla!

Question5: If you were in Jake's position, what would you do about your feelings towards Jessica/ what would you do about Jessica and Carter's relationship -would you do anything at all?

Goal:
Comments- 60/votes-80

Stay Byoutiful

*

*

*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 3.5K 30
Yes we all have heard that one story about the bad boy falling in love with the good girl, But girls can be pretty bad if you tempt them. So... A...
9K 800 29
I'm the girl from school nobody notices. I'm the one the mean girls always make fun of when one of the guys decide to take interest in me. I'm the h...
1.2M 30.8K 32
I was walking to my locker when I heard someone calling for somebody. "Hey! Little cutie!" They called. I kept waking, since no one noticed me and...
212K 5.6K 35
two pair of hands slid on top of mine and I felt Jack's chest, pressed against my back. Jack put his head on my shoulder and I froze. "W-what are yo...