Remember Me

By UrbanQueen

Takashi and Toryn met each other when they were five. Became best friends at ten. Were inseparable by time... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XIXX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL

VIII

30.6K 2.1K 4.1K
By UrbanQueen

TAKASHI SAT IN HIS computer chair with his legs spaced open. The lights in his room were off but the shine from his cellphone reflected off his face. Toryn however sat back comfortably on his lap, her back against his chest while she was engrossed with the movie.

Takashi opened up a text that came through from Dupree.

Dupree: Yo', my bro letting me throw a party at his crib soon. You know it's gonna be lit.😝 2:23PM

A big smile took over Takashi's face as he was quick to reply.

Takashi: Word? You know I'm coming through. 2:24PM

Dupree: Of course, you have to nigga. It was no debating, daddy was gonna have to take off his belt. 2:24PM

Takashi chuckled but shook his head, "Gay ass nigga man," he mumbled, tossing his phone on the bed. He looked at the screen on his TV and began loudly rapping over the movie and bouncing the leg Toryn was sitting on.

Toryn, with her eyes still on the screen sucked her teeth, "Taka stop..." she whined, dragging his name out.

Takashi was one of those people who could never sit and watch a whole movie. He claimed he couldn't sit down and stare at a TV screen for long periods of time no matter how good it was. Halfway through or sometimes as early as fifteen to twenty minutes into a movie he was bored or distracted. He's never ever really seen a movie in it's entirety. It's always been in parts.

"Then fuck off my leg then." He mumbled, still rapping loudly.

Toryn turned around and put her hand over his mouth. He stopped shaking his leg but was still mumbling rap lyrics behind her hand. She frowned. "Taka."

He chuckled and moved her hand, "Aight you got it...let's go out though. It's boring in here."

"Go where?"

"Coney Island."

Toryn gasped and jumped off his lap. "Ooo yeah, let's go let's go." She said, the movie now at the back of her mind.

Takashi really wasn't planning on going. He was just running his mouth, but now he saw that she was really excited about it. It was Saturday and the weather was nice out. Eighty degrees with perfect wind blowing. And it was only early afternoon. Takashi sighed. "Aight go put some clothes on then, we can shower when we get back." He said, thinking it would make no sense to shower now, just to go out on all those dirty rides and touch germ infested hand games.

Toryn squealed as she dashed to the guest room down the hall. That's where she kept her stuff; but in Takashi's room is normally where she slept. Takashi got up as well and went downstairs where his mom was in the living room, gossiping on the phone.

"Ma!" He screamed loudly, falling on her lap.

Laura jumped and looked at him, alarmed, but when she realized nothing was wrong, she smacked his arm, ignoring his laughter. "Stop Takashi. I thought something happened." She put a hand on her chest, continuing her phone conversation. "Girl I'm telling you...these kids are something else."

Takashi stared at her long eyelashes, poking under her chin while she continued to talk on the phone. He loved his mom but she was always gossiping. He was surprised nobody showed up at his doorstep trying to catch a fade with her. Laura smacked his hand down, "Hold on girl," she said looking down at him. "What Tee?"

"Me and Nerd wanna go to the amusement park. Can you gimme some money please."

Laura rolled her eyes, "You need a job like Toryn," she then pointed to her purse sitting on the kitchen table. "Look in one of those zippers and take out sixty bucks."

Takashi kissed her cheek, "Thank you ma," he said going over to her bag.

Takashi went searching through the bag, pulling up a couple bills as he started to count it out.

"And I said sixty Takashi, don't play with me." Laura warned. Sometimes she'd send him in to take out a certain amount and he would take an extra ten or twenty, trying to use the excuse of saying he thought he heard her say something else.

Takashi gave a big smile like that's what he had been planning, "I know, sixty." He made sure to count off sixty dollars and put the rest of her money back.

Toryn slowly came walking down the stairs. She had on a long teal colored sundress. Her hair that reached past her shoulder blades was in a neat bun in the center of her head. She wore small diamond earrings and some brown sandals that showed off the teal colored nail polish on her toes. Her glasses were on and she had her small little purse slung across her body with her money and little makeup accessories inside.

Laura gushed. "Aww, look at my baby. You look so adorable."

Takashi stuck his bottom lip out, giving Toryn a stink face. "You always gotta be so extra bruh. We going to an amusement park. Not some fancy dinner. Long ass civil war dress." He mumbled.

Laura laughed and even Toryn chuckled. Laura waved him off, "Don't worry baby you look beautiful. Takashi gonna have to be fighting all them little boys at that park today."

Toryn cheesed harder, the compliment boosting her ego. Takashi on the other hand grilled Toryn, looking at how hype she was.

"Okay baby, you guys go have fun...you both know the curfew. Eleven o' clock. And I'm not playing. Eleven o' clock."

"I know ma," Toryn said racing over to give her a hug. They kissed on the cheek and Takashi did the same, bending down so his mom could kiss his forehead. "No separating and watch each other's backs please. Go before you miss the bus."

Takashi knew his mom was directing her words at him in terms of looking out for Toryn. So he nodded his head and they said their goodbyes before they were out the door.

******

"THAT WAS SO FUN! I THOUGHT I was going to fall out!" Toryn remarked with a big smile on her face, holding her stomach. They had just come off the Luna 360 and were looking for more rides to go on. They'd been at the park for three hours and still had five hours more before they had to go home.

Takashi sucked his teeth, walking next to her with his hands in his pockets. "Man, that ride was ass. All it kept doing was spinning and going upside down." Takashi said. The sun was hot and humid. The plain gray t-shirt and basketball shorts on his body was perfect for the weather. The coconut oil he put in his hair glistened, making his waves shine ridiculously. His rich brown skin was being kissed by the sun, making him seem to glow.

"Let's go on the Slingshot then." Toryn proposed.

Takashi looked at her out the corner of his eye, causing both of them to bust out laughing. "Hell nah," Takashi said. "that's the only ride I'm good on. Fuck around and fly out that bitch."

Toryn smiled, "Then what do you say we ride?"

"Yeah, I'm glad you know. It's my turn to choose the ride. So fall back..." Takashi thought about it for a minute. "The Cyclone?" He said. They basically rode most of the rides here. He wasn't a fan of The Cyclone like that; but it was kind of mandatory to ride that roller coaster when coming to Coney Island. It was one of the oldest rides in the park.

Toryn smiled. "The Cyclone it is then." She said. They quickly found the ride and got on the line. It was long as usual but went fast since roller coasters were able to fit lots of people at once. In ten minutes they were seated in the middle of the roller coaster, with Toryn squealing and fidgeting around.

Takashi chuckled, "Calm down Nervy, you feignin'. The ride is not even that crazy."

Toryn ignored him and grabbed onto his arm, still playfully squealing. After everyone was properly secured, the ride took off. At first most of the ride consisted of Toryn screaming; but later it transitioned to both Toryn and Takashi laughing at some old man who was sitting behind them that lost his glasses. They flew off his face and landed somewhere below.

He was mad as he just sat there through every wild turn and drop. Toryn didn't think it was super funny but Takashi's laughter is what was making her laugh so hard. Once they got off the ride, Takashi had to wipe tears from his eyes.

"Yo', I know he tight!" He said. One of the employees had retrieved his glasses after the ride stopped and both of the lenses were cracked. One of the legs of his glasses hanging off.

"That's not nice Taka," Toryn said as they returned on the boardwalk, shaking her head at him.

"Who told his dumb ass to keep them on his face?" He questioned.

After a few minutes of walking, Toryn's stomach started to grumble. They'd been up and down the whole day and hadn't eaten anything since morning. Toryn pouted, pushing her glasses higher up. "Food break?"

"Yeah, sure." Takashi said, grabbing her hand. "What you wanna eat?"

There was so much to choose from. Food stands were all over the place. Takashi was really in the mood for a corndog though. Toryn was in the mood for a hotdog and fries from Nathan's. They got on the line for Nathan's and Takashi patted down his pockets, pulling out a five dollar bill. "Shit," He hissed. They had spent all the money on getting tickets to go on rides.

"It's okay," Toryn said, patting her purse to show she had money.

"I don't need your lil' money girl," Takashi stated, ignoring her.

"So how are we gonna pay for food?" Toryn chuckled.

"Next in line!" The boy behind the counter yelled.

Toryn and Takashi stepped up, and Toryn unzipped her purse. "A hotdog with small fries, two corndogs and one small and medium Sprite." She said.

The whole meal came up to twenty two dollars and Toryn pulled out thirty dollars. She received her change and placed it in her purse while they waited ten minutes before finally getting their food. They walked off and found a table on the side of the restaurant with a big umbrella over it to block them from the sun.

"Thanks Dork, remind me to give you your money back." Takashi stated, not really feeling Toryn using her working money to buy him things.

Toryn sucked her teeth and waved him off. They were best friends, he was the reason she was living in his house and they've known each other for ten years. He was crazy if he thought she would take money back from him, especially over food.

Takashi started chuckling, making Toryn narrow her eyebrows at him. She took a sip of her small Sprite, eyeing him. "What?"

"I'm still remembering that old dude that lost his glasses on the ride." He said.

Toryn looked at him strangely, scrounging up her face as she fixed her glasses. "Somebody lost their glasses?"

Takashi looked up at her. "The old dude. He was sitting right behind us."

"What ride was this?" Toryn asked, looking confused.

Takashi's throat began to close up as he stared at her. Toryn reached across and placed her hand on top of his, giggling. "No I'm just playing. The Cyclone, I remember. It's not that bad, yet."

"Haha that's funny." Takashi said. They talked and ate in silence and were up in the next fifteen minutes. They ran around still buying all types of sweet or fatty foods. Funnel cakes, cotton candy, popcorn. By time they were done, rides were the last thing on their mind, but they still weren't ready to go home.

"I think I ate too much." Toryn complained, looping her two arms with Takashi's left one, resting her head on his shoulder with the other as they walked side by side.

"Forreal...what you wanna do?" Takashi asked. It was now nine o' clock.

The sun went down, and the place had cleared out a lot but there were still plenty of people. The breeze was nice, things were cooking and rides were still going. They would have to leave in the next hour to get home by eleven, but they wanted to stay and milk their fun for as long as they could.

"We can't do anymore rides though, we'll throw up." Toryn remarked.

Takashi looked at her, pushing his bottom lip out and narrowing his eyes to slits. "Thanks Einstein, I wouldn't have figured that out without you."

Toryn smiled and gently tapped his plump lips. "Don't be smart."

"You want a Teddy bear or something?" Takashi asked, seeing one of those water gun games where you had to fill up you're balloon with water the fastest to win a prize.

"No not really," She said. She'd never really been into a guy winning a teddy bear for her. She then bit her bottom lip as she stopped, causing Takashi to stop as well since she had a hold on his arm. "Ooo I know, Ferris wheel."

Takashi immediately sucked his teeth, "Fuck no."

Toryn's bottom lip popped out and she looked at him. "That's not fair, seriously I wanna do the Ferris wheel! You can't say no because you chose the last ride and now it's my turn."

Takashi licked his plump lips and huffed, "Man, aight, whatever."

Toryn squealed and pulled him on the ride. As expected, there weren't more than ten people waiting to go on a ride so boring. Once they stepped up to the front, Toryn put two fingers up to show it was only two of them. The employee nodded and put them in a white cart. It was clearly rusty, old and in need of a new paint job because it was chipping all around.

They got into the cart and each sat on different sides. It was nightfall by now and the theme park looked gorgeous. Colorful lights lit up from other rides, lighting up the skies. The smell of snacks and other things were in the air and a nice breeze was blowing that wasn't too cold or hot. After a couple of minutes, Takashi couldn't even lie, the ride was actually relaxing.

Toryn sat on one side, her hands clasped together in her lap. She stared out at the people walking on the boardwalk. Some just family members while others walked hand in hand. Takashi sat on the other side staring at her intently. He suddenly whistled, making Toryn look at him. She felt her little heart hammering when she saw how hard his brown eyes watched her. She gave him an awkward smile and looked back out at everyone else.

"C'mere Tee Tee."

Toryn's heart began beating hard against her chest like an intense rap beat. She didn't know why she was feeling so shy now. It was just Takashi. She looked at him, her knees close together, playing with the zipper on her purse. "Huh?"

"I said come over here, why you acting so shy? Come."

"Why?" She mumbled.

Takashi sucked his teeth, the smile from his face gone in less than a second. "Toryn I'm not playing, come here."

She looked at him, a blush still on her face. "Taka stop," she said dragging out the last word. "We're on a ride at a park, we're not about to be all up on each other."

Takashi chuckled, licking his lips. He looked amused, his legs swinging open and closed as he just stared at her. Toryn could smell the cologne on his skin. His sharp and sexy K-nine teeth on display. "How you assume that? Just because I said c'mere? Girl come over here and stop playing, forreal."

Toryn sucked her teeth but got up and made the one step over to his side. She was about to sit down but Takashi grabbed her hips and positioned her frontwards on his lap, instead. Toryn tilted her head to the side with a deep rooted frown. "Taka." She said accusingly.

"No, seriously, I just wanna see your face," He said. He picked up her part of the heart pendant and brought it in with his, snapping the two pieces together to create the full heart with their names engraved in it. He then looked up at her with a smile that lit her heart up. "See?" He kissed the pendant then put his hands on her hips.

Toryn picked the pendant up, running her thumb across it and studying it as if it hasn't been around her neck for ten years. It was quiet between them as their cart was still in the air. The midnight breeze blew, but the air was warm and soothing. The colorful lights from other rides making the skies look like fireworks without the noise.

"Best friend," Takashi sang, "why you so pretty?"

Toryn bit her bottom lip but ignored his childishness.

"Word? That's how you gon' do me?"

Toryn didn't say anything. She felt a soft pinch to her side but still ignored him while she continued to finger their conjoined gold heart.

"I love you best friend, you know that right?"

"Yes." Toryn mumbled.

Takashi unexpectedly grabbed her hand, yanking it away from the chain as he lifted her chin. "I said I love you Toryn," he said again, an amused smile on his face as he studied her. He brushed a strand of hair behind her ear.

"I love you too." Toryn replied.

"So can I have a kiss?"

Toryn sighed and started looking around, noticing their cart was still in the air. It was slowly coming back toward the ground. Toryn assumed this time when they got to ground level the ride would be over because they've been on it for a while.

"One kiss, Taka."

Takashi poked his plump lips out and Toryn leaned in. He attacked her mouth, easily parting her lips, his tongue finding it's way deep inside her mouth. The taste of cotton candy taste still lingered in her mouth as their tongues twirled. Toryn moaned as his tongue latched onto her's, sucking slow and sensually.

They still fooled around, doing things horny teenagers did. Toryn had kept her distance sexually from him in the beginning, but when he started to prove again that he was not just there to use her body and he was there for her, she felt comfortable to be back in that space with him.

Takashi's hands slipped under her long dress, placing both his hands on her bare hips. Takashi pulled away and began sucking on the front of her neck. She closed her eyes and held his head between her fingers to encourage him. She knew Laura would be mad, but right now it was feeling too good to care. She always said she didn't want to see any passion marks or evidence that they were doing anything even though she knew that they did.

Takashi pulled away, his breath hard and ragged as he brought her head down. "Imma be fuckin' wit' you all night, you ain't gon' get no sleep."

Toryn bit her bottom lip listening to him talk raunchy. Even though she had a pure body her mind was slightly tainted and she did like hearing him talk dirty to her. He was really good at it; though sometimes it was a little much for her.

"I think I wanna practice giving you head tonight. You think so?"

"I don't know," Toryn whispered breathlessly. They never went to that point yet but the way her body was reacting she was ready to give herself to him right in this rusty cart.

"Well I think so. You think I should do it under the covers? Or you wanna see me so I can look into your eyes while I'm doing it?"

Toryn felt a tickle inside her and felt like she was still on the roller coaster for a moment. She blew out a breath, putting a hand up to her neck. Takashi pecked her lips, his right hand traveling along the band on her underwear. "What kind of panties are these?"

Toryn looked at him and giggled, wincing a little. "Power puff girls."

Takashi sucked his teeth and Toryn started laughing, knowing instantly she killed the mood. Takashi laughed with her as she gently rested her forehead against his. "What? They are...it's my favorite show you know."

"Yeah, okay Dork."

A hard knock to the thin metal cart snapped the two out of their trance. The worker opened their cart door and asked them to step out. Toryn quickly unhooked their necklace and stepped out with Takashi behind her. He pulled his phone out and looked at the time, it was ten o' clock and they had an hour to make it home.

Toryn kissed his cheek, "I had a great time today...I'll never forget this."

Takashi just looked at her and smiled, hoping her words would be true.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 169 23
"minimum LOVE is FRIENDSHIP...maximum FRIENDSHIP is LOVE" I don't believe in putting a timeline on love.It will happen when it has to one way or anot...
2.6K 118 5
I won't ever forget about you...about the times we spent together. They were the happiest moments of my life, and I will cherish them for as long as...
2.3K 694 30
"You are going to be fine. You'll soon get out of here...." "I won't let anything happen to you. Nothing." "Promise me Jen, you won't lose hope. You...
258 27 75
"I love you. I feel as though we were never strangers, you and I, not even for a moment." - Friedrich Nietzsche, from a letter to Mathilde Trampedach...