The Secret Diary Of The Adopt...

By JHubbert101

Lillian Kennedy was adopted in 1961 at age 7 by President Kennedy. The world was a simpler time. Now it's 201... More

January 2017 x
December 24th, 1960
December 31st, 1960
January 1st,1961
January 1st,1960 (flashback)
January 31, 1961
Febuary 14th, 1961
Febuary 14th,1961- Washington D.C - Jack and Jackie
Febuary 15th, 1961
Febuary 16th, 1961
Present Day
Funeral Plans (Present Day)
January 9th, 1960 (Flashback)
Febuary 30th 1961
March 1st, 1961
St.Patricks Day 1961
April 1st, 1961

St.Patricks Day 1961 Part 2

136 1 0
By JHubbert101

"Is she gonna be alright?" Jack asked.

"Mr.Kennedy, she has a massive tumor in her leg. There is no telling whether she will make it out alive" replied the nurse.

Once they arrived at the hospital, cameras flashing everywhere. Secret Service made a path for them to wheel Lillian through.

"Her heart rate is low! Get the oxygen flowing! Where are the IV's?" shouted the doctor.

Jack and Jackie, along with secret service, were in the waiting room.

"If we lose her, it's like we are losing Arabella all over again" said Jackie.

"She's not going to die. She's a fighter" said Jack, starting to cry.

"She's not my own child by blood but she is exactly how I pictured our first child to turn out. Strong, A fighter and quiet at most times. Maybe god gave us our girl back and he's trying to take her again" said Jack, through tears.

"Your right. But it's gonna be ok. She's a fighter and Kennedys don't quit" said Jackie, as she started to rub Jacks back.

15 minutes later, Bobby and Ethel run through the door along with Rose and Joe.

"How is she?" asked Bobby.

"She has a tumor in her leg. We don't know if she's gonna survive or not" said Jack, as he got up.

"Oh man. I'm so sorry" said Bobby as they hugged. Once they finished, Jack walked over to Rose.

"Hi Ma. I'm assuming you heard what I told Bobby" said Jack.

"Yes I did. Jack I'm sorry. But it's gonna be alright. Just have faith. She may not be a Kennedy by blood but she damn sure looks like one. And Kennedys fight, no matter how much it takes" said Rose as she hugged Jack.

"I'm trying to Ma" said Jack.

Soon, the whole entire Kennedy family was gathered in the waiting room. Jackie was asleep on Jack.

Seconds turned into minutes. Minutes turned into hours.

"Mr.Kennedy?" asked the doctor.

"Ye..Yes?" Jack replied, opening his eyes.

"We had to remove her leg. It would've been paralyzed if we didn't. Despite that, by now she should have regained consciousness. I'm sorry Mr.Kennedy but we lost her. Please come with me if you would like to say your goodbyes" said the doctor.

Jacks heart sunk at that moment. He held back the tears. Once they got to the room, Jack made his goodbye.

"Goodbye Lilly. I will miss you. I hope you have a fun time in Heaven" said Jack. At this point, Jackie had started crying heavily. The nurse pulled off the oxygen mask. Her heart rate went down every second.

"Jack I can't watch" said Jackie as she put her face into Jacks chest. *beep* *beep* *beep* *beeeeep* Jack couldn't help it anymore. He let the tears flow. He walked over to Lillian's hospital bed and kissed her on the head. "I love you." Just then Lillian let out a huge gasp. "I..lo..ve..You...to.." she replied.

"Your alive!" said Jack.

"I..always..keep..my..promises" said Lillian."Need.. more.. air"

The nurse put one of the nose oxygen masks on Lillian and they moved her into a regular room.

When Jack got back to the waiting room, everyone was crying. He sat down next to Jackie and rubbed her back.

"You know, I kept thinking about what you said earlier. I didn't want to adopt a child. But it made you so happy when you saw her. Jack, it was the happiest I've seen you in a while. She's our girl Jack. And we lost her again" Jackie said through tears.

"Oh Jackie. I think god has finally spared us" replied Jack.

"Wh..What do you mean?" she asked.

Just right then, the door opened. "Come with me guys" said Dr.Jackson. Jack and Jackie led the line of Kennedys down the hall. They came to a recovery room. The doctor opened the door. Hank Williams was playing on the radio. In the hospital bed was a very frail and pail Lillian. She had heart monitors and IV fluids hooked up to her. Oxygen tubes up her nose.

"She's alive. But..but we saw her die" said Jackie.

"I kissed her on the head and said I love you. She let in a huge breath and came to" said Jack.

"Hi..y..y'all" said Lillian.

"She..She's alive!" said Jackie.

"Yes she is" said Ethel.

"Are..are those for me?" said Lillian looking at Bobby.

"Oh..Yea. I got you some Lilly's and a Teddy bear" said Bobby as he handed her the Teddy Bear.

"Tha..thanks..Un..Uncle Bobby" said Lillian.

"Your welcome kid" said Bobby.

"I would hug you, but I can't lift my arms" said Lillian

"It's alright kid. I got this" said Bobby as he kissed her head.

"I saw my parents" said Lillian. "My daddy gave me a big hug and my Momma gave me a big kiss. They told me I belong down here on earth. And my daddy apologized. They are really glad y'all adopted me. They said I need to stay because I have a purpose on earth" said Lillian starting to cry.

"We are happy that we could adopt you" said Jackie.

"And we are also glad that your here with us" said Jack.

Lillian smiled as she started to fall asleep. All of the Kennedys had left besides Bobby and Ethel. They heard a knock on the door.

"The tumor was caused by a clogged artery. We weren't able to save the leg but we were able to stitch it up and close of the remains of the vain" said Dr.Jackson. "She lost a lot of fluid. We are about to fit her for a prosthetic leg. We are also letting her have a wheel chair and her crutches as needed" said Dr.Jackson.

"Oh..ok..wow" said Jack.

"She was very lucky to survive this. She's going to be weak for the next week or so but she will be fine if she gets plenty of rest. The next time she wakes up you can take her back" said Dr.Jackson. "Keep the IV fluids running for another 3 days."

"Ok. Thank you doctor" said Jackie.

"I'll be right back with the prosthetic" said Dr.Jackson.

"Alright" said Jack.

"I can't imagine how hard this may be on you" said Bobby.

"It's terrible" said Jack.

"Are you sure she's not your kid? She looks just like you!" said Bobby.

"That's what everyone keeps saying. I adopted her because she reminded me of myself. She didn't seem stuck up, self absorbed or annoying" said Jack.

"She's just like you. Quiet, resourceful and strong" said Bobby.

"Thanks" said Jack.

"Alright. Here is the prosthetic" said Dr.Jackson.

"It's really cool" said Lillian.

"Look who's up!" said Jackie.

Dr.Jackson took every medical device off of Lillian.

"Can you bend your leg for me?" asked Dr.Jackson as he finished putting on the prosthetic leg.

As Lillian moved her leg, it was a weird feeling that she would have to get used to.

"I..i need to lay back. I'm..I'm starting to feel weak again" said Lillian.

Dr.Jackson then helped her lay back and hooked up the oxygen tube to her.

"Thank you. That feels much better" said Lillian.

"We will have a nurse coming back and fourth for the IV and physical therapy" said Dr.Jackson.

"When can I leave?" asked Lillian.

"Now" replied Jack as he wheeled the wheel chair in the room.

Dr.Jackson and Bobby lifted Lillian into the chair.

"Secret Service has formed a pathway outside" said Bobby.

"Alright let's start wheeling" said Jack.

As soon as they opened the doors, camera flashed everywhere. Lillian had to close her eyes because it was to much.

"Mr.Kennedy, Mr.Kennedy!" shouted the reporters.

"How do y'all get through that?" asked Lillian.

"With a lot of patience" replied Jackie.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 40K 93
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
175K 5K 68
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
185K 6.6K 94
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
9.5M 310K 52
"you're all mine; the hair, the lips, the body, it's all mine." highest previous rankings: - #1 in jimin - #1 in pjm - #1 in btsfanfic cover by: @T...