The Alpha King

By ShatteredMind

A girl and her brother named Paisley and Mark running away city by city, state by state. Both avoiding the sa... More

Prologue
School Is for Fools
Tripple Trouble
Count Down
Defining Gravity
Bras and Socks
Water is Like Fire
A Fair Ferris Wheel
The Truth Wars
Back To Normal
Dating and Mating
Whats Next?
Separation Stings
Dodging Reality
Switching Mates
Making Up
Lost Love
Taming my Rage
Headaches and Heartaches
Fighting Fleas
Strange Stranger
Eating Problems
Tree House
Back to School
Ethan
Mall Sucks
King Ceremony
Jeans and Rings
Dancing Genuis
Psycho Shelby
Broken Promise
The Doghouse
That Girl
The End
New Life

Hide and Seek?

59.4K 1.1K 68
By ShatteredMind

The Alpha King

Chapter 11- Hide and Seek?

BLAINE RIVERS POV

 you have to listen to the song on the side I thought it was perfect for this and vote if you like the song

I woke up to the faint smell of vanilla and the bright light. That was something different I usually woke up to a strong smell of vanilla which is Paisley's scent and her kicking or hitting me somewhere. It's refreshing not to wake up with pain in the morning because Paisley is horrible to sleep next too.

I looked around where was Paisley? Now that I think of it she wasn't hitting me at all last night I kind of became used to it, I went to the bathroom I didn't hear the shower running. Shelby, she probably snuck off to Shelby's room in the middle of the night I opened Shelby's door not bothering to knock. I made sure to look on both of the bunk beds she wasn't here.

"Ugh Blaine! Get out I'm trying to sleep," Shelby groaned pulling the covers above her head.

I shut the door going back to my room I saw Socks on my bed curled up "Get off my bed you cockroach," I grumbled glaring at Socks who opened one eye and closed it back shut not bothering to get off.

I don’t want the cat on my bed the only reason I put up with it is because of Paisley and if she never met that cat I would have thrown it in a lake somewhere. I sighed picking Socks up and tossing him on the couch nearby, I wonder how many lives he has left? I saw something a crumpled paper that Socks was laying on I picked it up it was for me it said Dear Blaine, so I read on.

Dear Blaine,

I have to go I can't tell you why, I have been planning to leave even before I came here I know that’s something strange, but please understand you can't worry about me I'm safe. I'm not going to tell you where I'm going either because I know you will just end up looking for me and I can't have that. Please don't worry because there’s nothing to worry about, also I wanted to let you know that I loved spending my time with you. I wasn't able to be close to you as much as I wanted to be because I knew that I was going to have to leave, trust me I would have been marked by you already. Another thing is you have to be Alpha King without me when the time comes I will be back. When? I don't know when maybe in a week or five years from now I just don't want you to be angry. One thing I'm asking you out of everything is please watch Socks for me I know that you don't like him, but it would make me happy knowing that Socks is fine.

-Paisley

As I read the letter over and over again and over it did nothing but filled me with anger and betrayal she had to be here there is no way that Paisley left. I thought for a second the facts were all there in front of my face last night she wasn't being normal self she was easy to sleep next to. She played me the whole time she knew that she was going to have to leave, yet she still played me. That was the reason why she never let me hold her because she knew getting close to me was going to hurt us. If only she knew my heart was breaking until every piece was shattered and left hanging.

This doesn't make sense though Paisley isn't someone just to leave for no reason there has to be something behind it. Maybe she is playing a joke on me this does seem like Paisley to do such a thing. She was probably playing hide and seek she hasn't been in her wolf form for a while considering the cast. That’s it she is just playing hide and seek with me I smiled at the thought running out the door shifting into my wolf form I searched everywhere that I could think of Paisley going to. She was nowhere when I was done looking reality finally hit me I ran back up to my room as fast as possible.

I don’t even care that I  knocked Shelby out of my way I just ran slamming my door shut as hard as possible. I felt a tear slip my eye, NO! Alphas don’t cry for anything or anyone I growled at myself and that was the first and last tear that ever left my eye. I was not going to show weakness just because Paisley left me I am still the same person before, just confused now.

Shelby opened my door so fast I’m surprised that the door didn’t fly and hit the wall “So I’m assuming Paisley told you that she was going to leave, and then she decided to stay here?” Shelby asked sitting down on my bead.

“How did you know that Paisley left?” I asked her.

“Paisley left?” Shelby stuttered her eyes widening in surprise, then all the sudden her face became mad “I can’t believe her that brat,” Shelby said hissing.

“Don’t call her a brat,” I said snapping at her.

I saw some tears come out of eyes “How could she do this she was my best friend,” Shelby said crying harder.

I sighed taking her in my arms feeling the same emptiness that I felt before, but I had to be strong for Shelby. “How are you not crying she was your mate,” Shelby stated more than asked.

“I’m an Alpha Shelby I love her so much, I need to find her she left a note before she left and I am going to find her no matter what she says I have to I’m not going to get let her slip through my fingers,” I told her Shelby just hiccupped and nodded in agreement.

“She told me that she was going to leave,” Shelby stated making me look at her.

“What exactly do you mean?” I asked her not glaring because if I did then I know that Shelby wasn’t going to answer my question.

“She told me after your date and then we had a fight so thats why you were asking me what I did and I said ‘ask your mate’ I’m so sorry I didn’t tell you sooner. When I found out I was angry and I told Paisley that she had two days to tell you or I would tell you and I didn’t think that she would leave only having a note left,” Shelby said going into my closet. “And she didn’t even take most of the clothes with her she left all the cute stuff behind,” Shelby said looking sad because she probably wanted Paisley to remember her every day by wearing something.

“Shelby don’t worry about the clothes how are we going to tell mom and dad she could be in danger she is my mate everyone is going to want to get her hands on her,” I told Shelby her eyes widened.

“She said that someone was after her and that she never stayed in a place more than three weeks that’s why she had to leave,” She said informing me.

I ran all the way downstairs opening my parents room to see them both sitting on the bed watching T.V “Hey Blaine how is everything going are you coming here because you're taking Paisley on a date,” My mom gushed.

“No actually I need to tell you something Paisley left she ran away,” I said handing her a note and my dad read over my mother's shoulders, “What do I do?” I asked my dad.

“I can’t tell you because one day I’m not going to be here to tell you something and you are going to be Alpha King so you are going to have to figure it out yourself without my advice,” My dad said I glared at him.

How could he be that selfish? Paisley was the best thing that has ever happened to me and everyone knew that I glared at him my own family won’t even help me find my mate. When they were the ones that wanted me to get a mate so bad so this is what betrayal felt like I got betrayed form my mate, her brother, and my family all the people that were important to me. Apparently I didn’t matter to them because they would have helped me.

I went to my room all I did was pace around for a good hour. If I told anyone that Paisley was gone people would find out from everywhere and that would mean more danger for her because people would realize who she is, yet at the same time there is a possibility that she would be found by someone that is not bad. Then again there are always bad people in the world and everyone wants something whether it is power or land or just ransom. Telling people is out of the option I’m sure people will realize that she is gone though when she doesn't show up to school and those people are in my pack. I can tell my pack what happened and have them search them that way no one else will know.

Not only will Paisley be safe if we don’t find her... No not finding her is not an option I am going to find her no matter what and she is

I went to the pack house where all the other werewolves were not just the area where my family was but everyone in my pack. I gathered everyone around making sure that everyone was here before I started talking. You could tell that many people were curious to see what was going on, because they were whispering in anticipation.

"I guess many of you guys are wondering why you are all brought here especially without any type of warning ahead of time," Many people nodded their heads.

"Well something bad happened last night, Paisley my mate and the future Alpha Queen left and she could be in danger. So I want all of you to get in groups of six and help me search for her, if anyone finds her contact me immediately," I ordered using my Alpha voice making them all wince and shiver in pain.

Once everyone had their groups they went outside searching for anything of her scent or anything from her. I looked with everyone else but there was no scent the rain washed it away from last night leaving no clue of her existence. It was almost like she vanished out of thin air.

I didn’t find her that means I am going to have to look tomorrow. Tomorrow what if there is no tomorrow for Paisley should could be dying right now I have to find her now and as fast as possible sleep will have to wait my mate is out there somewhere and I am going to find her.

I went outside sniffing for her amazing scent only to find nothing making it impossible I now have to find her by guessing and sight which is what humans do I feel like I’m being downgraded to something. I walked around the whole forest which is big every inch and I found nothing it was now 9 in the morning and I just made it back home. I will have to search one of the many other forest areas and check who came on to my territory just in case she bought a house or something on the land.

I saw my mom, dad, and Shelby all standing in the backyard waiting for me with a worried expression on their faces.

“Blaine you should probably get some rest to make things easier on you,” My dad suggested.

That sentence made me snap something I don’t know what but nothing but anger came out of me and I have a feeling that it is not ever going to go away. “You want me to sleep while my mate is out there where someone, anyone can take advantage of her I’m not going to have that as long as I can help and no that is not going to make anything easier if anything talking to you guys is making everything harder while I could be looking for Paisley right now,” I said stomping into the house going straight to my room and packing some clothes I was going to go to California and search for her she was probably out of the state by now and some of the pack territory is in north California.

****Fast forward

Let just say that things didn’t go so well in California I didn’t find Paisley and I was now starting to doubt finding her I packed up after two weeks of searching seeing as she wasn’t in California. I got home and my parents were worried for me. Why? I will be perfectly fine when people start to search for her, things have gotten more depressing I just couldn’t think straight what was the point of anything anymore.

“Meow,” That sound made my head snap to the source to fast I could possibly have whiplash.

Socks, that was the one thing Paisley has asked me to do was to take care of him and so far I haven’t I took the cat. The thing I hated the most was the thing that my mate wanted me to do the most it was the least I can do no one is ever going to touch Socks as long as I can help it.

If this is the one thing I can do until I see Paisley then I am going to be the only one doing it, I just have to take care of the thing I could probably hate the most and love the most at the same time because it brought me back to memories of Paisley.

Blaines part do I get  a vote or comment? <3ShatteredMind

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 14.6K 37
Living in a world where the dance team is her kingdom, fashion her passion, and judo her secret pastime, Jade Wright's life is as close to perfect as...
89.4K 2.5K 27
Sorry I wrote this when I was younger. I'm not editing this book. It's not the best but I did put my little heart in to it at the time. I hope you li...
13.4K 182 31
“Making friends is hard, falling in love is harder but falling in love with two wrong persons is astonishing easy. Still I would have preferred my li...
817K 10K 32
Ashling has grown up with everyone looking at her as if she was nothing more than the Alpha's off spring. Now with high school complete she is off t...