Guarded ✔️

By dancerthatreads

Princess Braelynn Cochran of Thanes is the next in line for the throne. Begrudgingly affianced and overwhelm... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Epilogue
Aesthetics
Aesthetic Blue
Aesthetic Gold

Chapter 35

308 10 0
By dancerthatreads

"Yes, yes, of course I will marry you," I nodded and pulled him up from the ground and into a kiss.

"I," I said and pecked his lips.

"Love," I kissed his nose.

"You," and went back to his lips.

He pulled back.

"The ring," he said. "I forgot the ring."

I hadn't even noticed.

"You're such a dork," I said. "I love you."

Maddon reached into his pants pocket and pulled out a velvet box.

"Should I get back on my knee?" he turned bright red.

"No, idiot just open it," I laughed.

He fumbled with the box and pried it open, revealing the ring. 

It was simple, just the way I liked it. Fresh tears welled in my eyes.

Maddon took my left hand and slipped the ring on.  He brushed a light kiss on my knuckle where it sat.

I pulled him in for a passionate kiss.

Stars danced behind my eyelids and twinkled in the sky. This night couldn't be more perfect. I'm engaged to the person I love, something I thought would never happen.

We ended up lying on our backs, hand in hand, looking up at the stars.

"Look," I gasped. "A shooting star. Make a wish."

"I don't need to," he said.

"Why not?"

"I already got my wish," he said.

"You, are a cheeseball," I laughed.

"It was supposed to be romantic," he whined.

I laughed and rolled over so I was on top of him. We looked into each other's eyes.

He was the first to break the stare, looking at my lips and biting his. I felt my stomach drop. I guess this is how he feels when I bite my lip.

We kissed slowly, sweetly, with all the love and tenderness we had in us. We were engaged. I smiled into the kiss.

"What?" he asked.

"We're engaged," I squealed.

He laughed and kissed me again.

"Oh no," he groaned. "I forgot something else."

He went over to a wooden crate and pulled out a ton of pillows and blankets. He threw a nightgown at me.

"Go get changed and meet me back up here," he said and I left the room.

I literally skipped down the hallway to my room. I have never been so happy.

I'm engaged.

I squealed and did a little happy dance before entering my room.

Holly and Lauren immediately jumped up, looking at me for a sign. I held up my hand and wiggled my fingers.

They both screamed and looked in awe.

"It's gorgeous!" Holly squealed.

"Oh, Braelynn, it's so you!" Lauren exclaimed.

"It was amazing. More than I could have dreamed of.  Wait, did you guys know this was happening?" I asked.

"Yes, he told us when you were planning the coronation. He was so nervous it was adorable," Holly said.

"I have to get changed and meet him back up there," I said and went into the bathroom.

I unrolled the nightgown and rolled my eyes. Of course he would pick this one. It was a nude color and super short and low cut. It had little ruffles around all the seams and there was a line of sheer lace below the bust. It was very sexy, something I wouldn't usually wear but wanted to for Maddon.

I slipped it on and out a robe over the top to walk back to him.

I passed up the stairs and opened the observatory door. The room was lit by tons of tiny candles places around a mountain of blankets and pillows. It was placed so we could look up at the stars as we slept.

Maddon had closed the roof, leaving the glass to insulate the room. He was unbuttoning his jacket and hanging it on a chair.

I cleared my throat and he turned. I watched him swallow from the other side of the room.

I blushed as I shrugged off the robe, letting it fall to the floor around me. Maddon stalked over and placed a finger under my chin.

"You're so beautiful," he whispered, leaning his forehead on mine.

"I love you," I said.

"I love you, too," he said and pressed his lips to mine.

"This is amazing," I said.

"You like it?"

"I love it," I pecked his lips and led him over to the mountain of pillows. It was surprisingly soft as I laid down.

We didn't waste any time. Maddon immediately covered my lips with his. I responded right away, deepening the kiss.

He hovered over me, propping himself on his elbows. I ran my hands up and down his muscled back. He sighed into my mouth.

My hands traveled lower to the hem of his shirt. I hesitated before slipping my hands inside. Maddon pulled away and gasped before connecting our lips again.

I ran my hands up and down his chest making him groan. I started to roll up the end of the shirt. He pulled away and yanked it off, throwing it over his shoulder and blowing out some of the candles. We laughed before continuing the kiss.

My fingers roamed freely over his abs, feeling them contract under my touch. Maddon slipped the strap of my nightgown down onto my shoulder, trailing kisses down my neck.

I shivered as he reached my collarbone, placing down wet kisses and blowing cold air over them.

He moved out to my shoulder, continuing his intoxicating path.

Maddon pulled away, out of breath. I took that as my cue to start. I turned us over so I was straddling him and began kissing his neck. Needless to say, his breathing did not return to normal.

I trailed kisses down his neck and moved to his chest. Feeling brave, I kissed his abs.

"Stop," he panted.

"Why?" I breathed.

"Just stop," he said. "I'm losing control."

I smiled and bit my lip. I'm glad he feels the same way I do.

I ran a hand through my hair and laid down next to him. We cuddled closely, catching our breath. I rested my head on his heart and fell asleep to the rhythm.

~*~

We woke up in the same spot we went to sleep. My head had just moved onto his shoulder.

"Morning fiancée," Maddon greeted, smiling down at me.

"Morning," I whispered.

Light was streaming in the open roof, blinding me as I tried to wake up. The candles had all burned down during the night.

I sat up and stretched a smile still on my face. I don't know if I could ever stop smiling.

Maddon hugged me from behind, rocking us back and forth.

"You look gorgeous," he muttered.

"My hair is a mess," I complained wrinkling my nose.

"I don't care. You look gorgeous," he said and kissed the back of my head.

I slipped on my robe and we walked hand in hand back to my room.

A new item of clothing was laid out next to my dress for the day. It was navy blue jacket.

"This is an upgrade," Maddon commented.

"Heck yeah it is," I said. "Well, put it on," I squealed.

I changed into a short navy blue dress and came back out to the room. Maddon was wearing the new jacket.

"You look hot," I said, kissing his cheek.

"Do I?"

"You look like a king," I assured. "Let's go to breakfast. I'm starving."

We walked hand in hand down the hallways. People smiled at us as we passed. They were so accepting of Maddon.

We sat down at the breakfast table next to each other. Kellan raised his eyebrows.

"You two look happy. I'm guessing last night went alright?" he said.

"You knew?"

"I helped plan it. Maddon gave me the ideas and I helped get everything ready."

"Thanks, Kell. I appreciate it," I said.

"So when's the wedding?" he asked, causing us all to laugh.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.3K 1.5K 41
Just as I go to slip into my room, the mysterious stranger places a hand on my waist and leans over my shoulder. "If I were the Prince I would only h...
11.5K 355 27
A heartless king, born of a long line of dragon shifters, finally finds his one true mate. But not only is she lowborn, there is also suspicion to h...
602 16 11
It was the same day after the other. The Princesses sat in their thrones, the royal guards protected the castle, the mane six doing what they do best...
470 52 25
Years after the loss of their beloved King and Queen, the regency in Kaurtyn now has five months to prepare for the crowning of their new monarch. Ne...