Reverence [Shyan]

By UniversalSatan

Shane doesn't believe in ghosts and the paranormal; and why would he, if there's no science backing it up? Se... More

Chapter 1
work
great
alive
home
chat
care
sorry
peace
Mercy - A Preview

Bright

2.3K 110 107
By UniversalSatan

The entire car still smelled like the Burger King they had a few hours ago. Shane and Ryan could barely tell since it had been like this the entire roadtrip, which had already extended over the past few days just to drive across the country and back.

"The mountains are actually really nice at night," Ryan commented, staring out of his passenger side window. Shane hummed back in agreement, lazily watching the dark road pass in front of them. Ryan slurped his soft drink from the Burger King loudly. "Nice change of scenery from all those fields."

"Is it 10 already?"

"Yeah. Are we near a town yet?"

"Mmm, not really. The nearest one is still a few miles, and we'd have to go off main course."

"Are you sure you're not too tired? I've said this before and I'll say it again but I'll drive if you want me to."

"I'm fine... seriously." Shane glanced over at Ryan and smiled at him sincerely. "Plus, we can do something a little different tonight. We're someplace cool, so why not do something special?"

"Like what?"

"You'll see."

"... You're not thinking of camping out here in the middle of the Rockies, are you...?"

"Er..."

"Shane... we're nowhere near prepared... we only have a tent..."

"And that's all we need," Shane shrugged, "We're only sleeping out here and driving out in the morning."

"... As long as nothing bad happens."

"Nothing will. Trust me."

Shane started slowing down on the mountainside road, pulling over off the road beside a cliff where a little space was made for sightseeing. He stopped the car and made a move to get out.

"Why did you stop here? It's not safe to sleep here," Ryan mumbled uncertainly, getting out of the car nevertheless.

"We're not sleeping here, idiot. And since when have you been concerned about safety?"

"Since I've had to be worrying over you."

Shane walked over to the cliff where some large, flat rocks were sitting just a few feet from the edge. Keeping a hand on the rock, he shuffled around to sit on it so he could face the view just over the cliff. He beckoned Ryan over to come and sit beside him. Ryan tugged on his sweater hood before following his footsteps.

"Chilly on top of this mountain, huh," Shane said, gripping onto Ryan's hands as he led him around the rock.

"We're not on top of it, it shouldn't be that cold."

"It's also nighttime."

"True."

"Wow, isn't this just magnificent," Shane sighed. He subtly slipped an arm around Ryan's waist, pulling him closer and partially out of concern of the cliff being so close.

He wasn't wrong. The cliff edge turned steep less than a yard away from their toes, and rolled down to a bunch of pine trees a few hundred feet down. This view gave them access to a few mountains directly in front of them, and the entire sky above and around them. There was no sound other than the wind in the trees and a trickling waterfall nearby, as the road wasn't a very busy one this time of night.

The sky was really what made the scene completely breathtaking. It made the two men forget about the dangers of the cliff in front of them and how the cold just barely made their skin prickle. There was just about no light pollution, and the sky was almost perfectly clear.

The moon shone round and high in the sky, its details easily outlined. And the stars, oh the stars. There were tens of millions, hundreds of millions of tiny pinpricks of lights in the sky - some twinkling and the few planets not. Not only were there more stars than they could possibly imagine, but once they let their eyes focus to the light, they could see the Milky Way painted across the sky in front of them.

"It's so beautiful," Ryan gaped, leaning his head on Shane's shoulder.

"What are the chances of us getting abducted by aliens right here and now?" Shane murmured, almost whispered near Ryan's ear. Ryan laughed a little, turning his head towards his shoulder.

"Don't be ridiculous," he huffed, "But you know very well the chances of there being life by at least one of those stars."

"Hmmm? Then what about ghosts? Demons? Do you think there's any haunted places near here?"

"Definitely."

"Not scared though, huh. I haven't heard you comment about the dark forest behind us yet."

Ryan shrugged: "Only demons are the scary ones I guess."

"Huh?" Shane lifted himself off him to be able to look at his face. "You're still scared of demons?"

"Yeah." He made eye contact with Shane. "If I'm killed, whatever. If a demon gets me, I'm dragged down to hell for an eternity. Yes, I'm scared of them."

"You're so selfish," Shane mumbled, leaning back against him. "I don't want you to die again. What if the ghosts get me? I don't care, but I don't want you to go through the same thing I almost had to." Ryan was silent for a while, fiddling with the sleeves of his sweater.  A car passed quickly behind them.

"Whatever," Shane sighed, "As long as you're safe."

"Hey, Shane?" His voice was hushed.

"Yeah?"

"Can... can I kiss you?"

"Hm?"

"Can I kiss you?"

"... Yeah."

...

"Ryan?"

"Hm?"

"You're cute."

"And you're gorgeous."

"You got me there."

"Hmhm."

...

"Stop rubbing your fingers like that Shane, you're tickling me. I'll move away."

"Is that why you were squirming-? No wait, I'll stop... is this better?"

"Yeah."

...

"Can I say something that may or may not ruin the moment?"

"Try me."

"You still kinda taste like you had Burger King."

They broke apart just enough to stare at each others eyes and burst out into laughter.

"Damn, and I thought the gum I had earlier worked," Shane shook his head, stretching his legs out.

"That's partially why I said that."

"Well can I say something that may ruin the mood even further?"

"Why not?" Ryan giggled, leaning against Shane.

"I'm pretty sure I saw Bigfoot come and watch us make out under the stars from those trees down there."

"You big liar," Ryan poked his side repeatedly, "And we were not making out just yet."

"Do you wanna?" Shane leaned in closer, nuzzling Ryan's cheek teasingly.

"Maybe when we set up camp... you still have to find us somewhere to sleep."

"All right," Shane resigned, standing up and assisting Ryan around and behind the rock they were sitting on with him.

"Hey, look! Shane! Did you see that?"

"The meteor?"

"Shooting star, try and be a romantic."

"Yeah I saw it."

"Quick, make a wish."

...

"What did you wish for?" Shane eyed Ryan, who still had his eyes shut.

"What did you?" He opened his eyes and stared directly at Shane.

...

"Don't kiss me to avoid answering."

"Oh wow, my wish already happened. That was quick."

"Shane... try and take it a little more seriously..."

"What? It came true though."

"... Make a better wish when it's 11:11 then."

"You're so superstitious. I can't believe I have such a superstitious boyfriend."

"..."

"... I can call you my boyfriend... right?"

"Only if you let me call you my boyfriend."

"Deal."

...

"I love you."

"Love you too."

_____________

Sorry this is like a month late (I've been so busy), but I'm finally done!! About 4 eps into the new bfu season rip. (also) thank you guys so much for 3k reads so far on this story, I'm glad you guys liked it!
Edit: I just added a picture of the place I was thinking about when I while I was writing this chapter; I forgot I had taken it while I was there :^)

I have been promising a new fic for this season, and yes, it's still on its way. I'll post a preview here when I publish it :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.9K 688 29
When a joke turns serious Y/n gets roped into going back down to Texas to do something she has wanted to do for a while. Ghost hunt. Not with just an...
78.9K 2K 24
Shane + Ryan from Buzzfeed unsolved Ryan and Shane go on another ghost hunting adventure, and Shane still doesn't believe in these things. Meanwhile...
208 12 5
'So....' Shane thinks to himself, 'is there something one could want so badly they would be willing to give up everything for it?' The answer is simp...
ghosts By cosmo

Fanfiction

22.9K 439 30
"Who are you and how did you get in my house?" By this point, I looked more human than ghostly. "I'm a ghost." I spoke. "Oh really? Then, if you're a...