CALLA

By harui30

My name is Calla Lind. For 20 years, I have lived within the shadow of my beautiful older sister - chasing an... More

1: Calla
2: Again at 14 Years Old
3: James Lind
4: The Investment
5: 2 Years Later
6: The Pretty Man
7: The Proposal
8: The Offer
9: ALLAC
10: The Investor
11: Adorable
12: The CEO
13: Responsibility
14: Who Am I?
15: The Campus Princess
16: The Black Sheep
17: Rose's Sister
18: Difficult Investment
19: The Consultant
20: Simple Creature
21: Unknown and Recognition
22: The Agreement
24: It's Not A Game?
25: Provocation and Anger
26: An Unexpected Gift
27: Keep or Throw Away
28: Our Lives Can't Meet
29: Stands Out
30: Chess
31: Victor Contra
32: Priorities and Principles
33: If It's You
34: Owner or Decoy
35: Conditions and Favors
36: I'm A Lind
37: Teasing the Snake
38: Awkward Reunion
39: Lime Chateau
40: Suzuki Charity
41: My Granddaughter
42: The Overdue Apology
43: Lily's Viola
44: Accompaniment
45: Wasted Talent
46: Liebig
47: Birthday Gift
48: The Blue-Green Card
49: Sora Tower
50: The Unexpected
51: Heartless
52: Anger
53: Why?
54: Dark & Light
Letter to Readers

23: Spoiling Her

99.9K 4K 299
By harui30

"Looks like our little boss is pissed"

Richard chuckled as he took the contract file that Vic handed to him.

"We better go do some damage control"

                Alexander Locke sat across from James Lind – legs cross looking like any nobleman. Instead of responding to Richard, he was still studying the old King before him.

"Why pressure her to do the things she doesn't like?"

"She will not grow if you continue to spoil her" James spoke in his usual calm, cold tone.

                Alex smiled while Richard gave a soft chuckle. They understood that the old man saw potential in Calla and truly valued her.

"From what I saw, you spoil her more than anyone" Alex countered bemusedly.

Anyone could sense that the old man adored this granddaughter of his – enough to challenge her and appease to her every condition – even if it's outrageous. If it was anyone else, the old man would have kicked them to the curb. But with Calla, he's willing to give her whatever she asked for. If that wasn't spoiling her, what was?

"She's too lazy" James said so monotony that Alex had to laugh.

"What's new?" Alex chuckled. "Calla has been lazy from the beginning. Why do you think she needs me for?"

"You should work for Lind Corp." The old man was sly despite his unreadable expression.

"I can only work for her" Alex said with a smile that could only be described as proud.

"You're crippling her growth by doing her work for her"

"She's already surpassed people her age" Alex got up and glanced over at Eli Frye. "For as long as I can, I indulge her desires to live lazily"

                Alex hid laughter when Eli Frye gave him a cold look from his already icy expression. Even Victor Contra has a scowl on his face.

"Moreover, Calla is cute when she's spoil" Alex continues to smile knowingly.

                Only when he is out in the empty hall that Alexander Locke let out his laughter.

"I see our little boss has a line of admirers" Richard Starr is an incredibly perceptive man so he understood why Alex was laughing.

"Too bad for them, she's a difficult one to catch"

"You're not going to making it any easier for them, are you?" Richard smirks.

"Nope" Alex's grin was sly.

"I don't know if I should feel sorry for the boss or for her admirers"

                Alex mock an evil laugh only make Richard chuckle.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6M 107K 31
THIS IS ONE OF MY FIRST BOOKS ON WATTPAD. "Get out", he shouted at me "get out now and never come back" I wiped at the tears that were streaming dow...
4.9M 199K 47
I am dying - it was inevitable. The poison given to me over the course of several months have spread throughout my veins and seep through my bones. I...
18.8K 500 33
Raven Short has had a troubled past. She's been abused and unwanted since she can remember. Until a special someone comes into her life, and pulls he...
3.7M 138K 55
My name is Calla Lind. Ever since my reawakening, I have live my life the way I wanted. I was able to be Calla, meet people as Calla, and have people...