Faking In Love [bxb]

By revolution_starter

Amir's always been the man with a plan. Efficient and always prepared, he didn't even flinch (much) when his... More

copyright
summary
1. The Great Sandwich Betrayal
2. How To Propose, Sandra Bullock Style
3. Tinker, Tinder
4. A Lesson On Hooking Up In The Office
5. Owning First Class And Other World Domination Techniques
6. Coming From A Place Of Heartbreak
7. Farsi Is The New French (i)
8. Farsi Is The New French (ii)
9. When the Sugar Thief Comes A Creeping...

10. Of Abs and Men

6.7K 377 145
By revolution_starter

*apologizes profusely for the terribly long update*

The second time Amir woke up, it was considerably brighter outside the window and his head didn't throb as much. He was alone in the bedroom but there was the sound of running water coming from the bathroom. Sebastian was taking a shower. His assumption was proved correct when Sebastian came into the room freshly showered and dressed in only his trousers wiping his chin with a towel only a few minutes after.

"Did your morning nap go ok?" He asked picking up the shirt lain over the chair.

Amir mumbled "Yeah. Hmm." His eyes fluttered shut for a moment before realization landed "That's your brother?"

Sebastian grinned "Yeah that's Kiernan. Motherfucker can never make an entrance like a normal person."

And what an entrance it was. Amir placed his face back into the pillow groaning at the memory of what he had done previously. "Too bad you neglected to tell me about that part before I implied that he was a thief."

Sebastian laughed hard his shoulders shaking "It's not a big deal. Trust me."

Amir threw the covers back on his face in shame "Still, don't expect me to show my face today. Or tomorrow. Or until we leave."

Bas rolled his eyes "You're being dramatic. Kiernan knows it was just a misunderstanding."

"Still," Amir insisted "I don't want to go downstairs. I just feel out of it today."

Sebastian frowned "Is anything especially the problem this morning?" Yes, Amir wanted to say. His boss had given what was a CV boosting to someone else because he was jealous and he couldn't even tell him the truth about his hoax of a relationship. The boss whom he didn't know whether he had truly wanted to let go or not.

"No."

He told no one about the secret relationship and it would have to remain that way.

"Just craving a good cuppa which I never got." Sebastian looked visibly relieved. It was obvious that he still held the fear that Amir would change his mind mid-operation. Amir wasn't planning on it anytime soon but it was good to let Bas sweat sometimes. "No need to look panicked mate."

"I wasn't," He denied. "Just get your lethargic ass to breakfast with me."

"Fine," Amir whined for the sake of it. He changed his clothes first before following Sebastian down to the dining room. Despite the positive reception of yesterday, Amir's stomach still turned because of the newest addition to the group. Especially due to the morning stunt he pulled. He would just have to blow right through it; there was no choice in that. Hopefully the worst that would happen was that Kiernan would see him as the quirky fiancé of his brother.

Breakfast was inside today. The first thing Margret Kingsely did when she saw him was apologize.

"I'm so sorry, Kiernan told me what happened," She patted his hand in a bid to comfort him.

Great, now everyone knew. He might as well swallow all the bagels in sight and hope the deadly choking will be a merciful way to pass.

"It was just a simple misunderstanding. I'm the one who should be sorry," Amir smiled tightly carefully spreading the jam over his toast. For some reason he suddenly missed marmalade. He was lucky; Kiernan had opted out of breakfast to sleep off his flight and settle in. It was just him, Margret, Bas, Charlotte and the twins at the table. Sebastian's father and brother-in law had gone for an early round of golf. It was great fun imagining how that would go considering how Papa Kingsley was very critical of Chad the day before.

Then again, what was it with rich people and golf?

"Kiernan's always been a brat if that helps," Charlotte added helping her son cut up his eggs. "I'm sure he caught on and wanted to make a bit of trouble. Lark, darling, we don't put bacon up our nose." Lark looked properly scolded and placed the food back on her plate pouting.

"It's really no big deal I swear." All he wanted was for everyone to stop talking about it.

Luckily, his prayers were answered and Margret changed the gears of their conversion "So what are you doing this afternoon Sebastian?"

Sebastian clear his throat, eyes turning a bit more serious than Amir was used to seeing "We're going to Silver Springs today."

The atmosphere went considerable sombre. Amir remembered from the extensive family tutoring he underwent with Sebastian that Silver Springs was the clinic that his grandfather was current residing. He knew that they would have to meet soon after their arrival but he didn't think it would be this soon. Better to get it out of the way then.

"Oh darling," Margret said softly "Are you sure?"

"Completely sure Mom," Sebastian instantly went into acting mode grabbing Amir's jam-free hand and giving him a loving look that would make Ryan Gosling clap in admiration. "Amir is a big part of my life and I would like Grandpa to meet him....before it's too late." The emotional manipulation worked perfectly. It was a mystery that Sebastian wasn't showing off his talents in the theatre. However, there was glossiness behind his eyes far too real to ignore. Amir made sure to ask about that later.

"Do you boys want me to send a driver?" She asked.

"Don't bother, trust me it'll be a relief to drive on the right side of the road for once," Sebastian joked.

Amir rolled his eyes "Am I not supposed to be the one complaining about that?" All the adults laughed and Lark injected several curious questions about roads all over the world which Charlotte answered while Mark decided he could also eat eggs with his nose. The rest of their breakfast conversation remained on the topic of cars and roads until Amir excused himself to freshen up in his room before they went out.

"Don't take too long darling," Sebastian winked entering charming fiancé mode.

Amir laughed, willing himself to do the same "Don't miss me too much." There was a cooing sound he was sure came from Margret.

"Breathe Amir," He muttered to himself walking up the stairs.

He was about to meet Sebastian's grandfather, the main reason they had been doing any of this. Despite all the meticulous planning, Amir was still very nervous. If Grandfather Kingsley didn't buy any of it all of their effort would be for naught.

It wouldn't feel good to have lied to his and Sebastian's family for nothing (not that lying was good in the first place). He would have to summon all his C grade GCSE Drama knowledge and channel it directly into charming the trousers off the old man.

Amir entered the bedroom planning to cool his face and nerves in the sink of the en suite bathroom. Only, he was faced with a peculiar sight once again in the bathroom.

Bloody déjà vu.

A shout tried to make its way out of his mouth but got lodged somewhere inside his throat, thoroughly deflated by the sight of the Michelangelo-chiselled creations standing right in front of him. To say that they were putting David to shame right in his presence was an understatement.

"Oh?" Kiernan Kingsely said, one eyebrow elegantly cocked upwards looking terribly unaffected as if being caught naked in his brother's bathroom by said brother's fiancé was afternoon tea for him. "I'm sorry, I thought everyone was downstairs."

"I- um, we them people - are," you could cook eggs with the steam coming from Amir's face. "Everyone is I-I came to get water."

Kiernan looked confused (how dare the nudist of a bastard?!) "You came all the way from breakfast to drink water from the bathroom sink? Is that a British thing?"

Scratch that, perhaps a whole barbecue. "O-Of course not!" Amir stuttered. "I mean I came to wash my face with water. Sorry." Wait, why was he apologizing? He wasn't the one standing naked in someone else's room.

Kiernan seemed to finally realize that "Oh no I should be the sorry one here. Sebastian and I usually use the same brand of lotion and I stupidly forgot mine back in LA so I came to borrow some. Glad to know the little tyke still can't let go of old habits." He had a fond look which Amir would have found admirable if his eyes weren't trying their best not to go past the hairy patch below his belly button.

"Hopefully I'll do a bit of shopping today and get my own bottle," He cocked his hips to one side seemingly unaware of the massive natural disaster he was causing.

Don't look, don't look, Amir chanted in his head.

"Ok," He said in a scratchy tone. "So would you mind, well, um..." he glanced at the towel rack.

Kieran chuckled airily "Oh yes. I'm sorry. I'm a bit of a free bird and I'm afraid it doesn't make me very considerate at times."

OH, YOU THINK?

Amir cleared his throat in relief when Kiernan covered himself up but left those 16th Century marble abs on display. If he had his way, the man would be leaving with those ankle long hijabs his mother always threatened to make Khadija wear.

"I guess I'll see you later Amir. Nice to finally meet you," He said leaving with a wink. What in the entire constellation's names had just happened? His soon to be brother-in-law had just shamelessly flaunted his assets. And seemingly flirted with him.

That was it. Abort mission. Abort mission. He wasn't going to survive in this house for one more day let alone a few weeks more.

Amir didn't even know which was worse: that Kiernan didn't care one bit or that he hadn't looked away once.

I hate not writing but sadly many forces are always in my way..... good to be back though.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.3K 1.3K 89
Life has always been the same. Eat. Sleep. Work. Repeat. All this while, it has been a hustle. I thought that finally I can take a breather. Until...
Tense By kara

General Fiction

4.2M 170K 54
"I love you." "Oh?" "In a non-bro sort of way, y'know? Full homo." ~~~ Kai and Roan are a lot of things. Best friends, football players, straight...
31K 1.9K 36
Victor McNemara is still dealing with his new reality. He has a son, his engagement has been revoked, and his career is in shambles, going from CEO t...
328K 16.3K 97
"From now on, you're Zan Lorenzo." "My dear husband, why am I the one taking your last name?" Lorenzo asked while pulling his hand away. "You're mine...