I Remember You Somehow

By Snoopy0Skittles

Have you ever loved someone who doesn't even know you?Enter Lance Rifford. His perfect life went down hill af... More

Chapter 1- The End Of The Beginning , The Beginning Of The End
Chapter 2- Forgetting Lance....Who is Lance?
Chapter 3- Introducing Justin
Chapter 4- Love Mentor?
Chapter 5- Fresh Meat
Chapter 6-Secret Ninja Move 101
Chapter 7-Lancy-poo
Chapter 8.1- New Student Council Recruit and a Date
Chapter 8.2- Mission Impossible
Chapter 9-Nightmarish Dream or Dreamish Nightmare?
Chapter 10-Lancy-poo Jr. and the secret
Chapter 11- The Accident
Chapter 12: The Cleaners
Chapter 13- Convincing Sam
Chapter 14- Mixed Feelings
Chapter 15- Team Roch, Assemble!
Chapter 16- Peace between the sisters??
Chapter 17- Never Say Never
Chapter 18- Movie Night
Chapter 19- Heartaches
Chapter 20- Dress To Impress
Chapter 21- Rose's last days
Chapter 22- New Pips
Chapter 23- Confusion
Chapter 24- Anniversay Days
Chapter 25- Text message
Chapter 26- An eye for an eye.
Chapter 27- Snowy days
Chapter 28: Good Times
Chapter 29: A little not too over you
Chapter 30- D.A.T.E
Chapter 31- My Superman
Chapter 32- Pour in the rain
Chapter 33 - Forgive but never forget
Chapter 34- Christmas Resolve and Santa Romeo
Chapter 36- Memorable Ending

Chapter 35- Last Chance

594 7 4
By Snoopy0Skittles

Zach lay restless on his mattress. Two things were causing him to be anxious.

First, it was the fact he’ll be missing Rose again for months and she will be leaving soon for England. The second one was how would he break a heart. Not literally smash someone’s heart into pieces. It was not difficult for him to do such task for he was known to be a notorious expert on it; however, that part of him was long gone and only remains as a past part of him.

Rattling over his bed sheets, he jerked his body nervously. He debated himself on how to deal with his second problem. How to break up with his not-so serious relationship with his girlfriend who he just hooked up with as a patch to the hole Rose left and as an instrument to make Rose jealous or sorry. Technically, he hooked up with some new girl just because of Rose.

Wincing, he thought how an ass and idiot he was, swearing that’ll be the last thing he’ll be doing such thing.

Entered his room, Justin casually straddled across his bed. Zach glanced back to see his brother scuffling something on the cabinet.

“What are searching for?” he asked his sibling.

“Something you wouldn’t even want to know” Justin smirked in his reply.

“Geez, you’re still at it!” Zach whined, annoyed by his brother’s unstoppable hobby of being a player.

“You were like me before” Justin hummed.

“BEFORE” Zach emphasized as he crashed his face on his pillow.

“Say…” He mumbled unsurely, his face still buried on the cushion.

“Hmmn?” Justin seemed to be still busy with his rummaging on the cupboard. His black curls were long enough to loosely cover his inquisitive eyes that remained focus on finding something.

“How can you break up with someone?” Zach inquired nonchalantly. He stood upright by pushing his body up with the support of his elbows. Sitting with legs crossed, he stared at his brother who was holding something he wouldn’t even bother to ask about.

“As I said, I thought you were an expert to that like me?” Justin shrugged in reply, waving the piece of cloth.

“What the hell’s with the red hot underwear, man!?” Zach blurted, embarrassed by the fact of having a psycho player for a brother.

“This? Well I told you it’s something you wouldn’t even want to know” his brother disdainfully retorted.

“What the hell are you doing with that?! Don’t tell me…” Zach’s eyes widened in horror, pitying the naïve girl who would be part of his brother’s long list of girls…

“Whatever you’re thinking of is not what you really think it is” said Justin.

“What??”

Justine pursed his lips, “I’m throwing away this together with my other garbage. I’m replacing them with more productive stuff”.

“Like what?” Zach inquired. The ‘productive’ part intrigued Zach, hoping it’s not something to do with girls nor dating.

“I’ve decided to seek love for music instead of girls” Justine uttered blatantly.

Unbelievable, that’s the first thing that came out of Zach’s mind as his eyes widened in surprise. He didn’t say anything in addition to his questions but only found his jaw dropped.

A sheepish grin spread Justin’s face. “I guess I learned a lot from you and that girl of yours, Rose Erickson”.

Zach forcefully closed his mouth to form a small smile at his brother’s compliment, or at least that’s what he thinks it is.

***

“So how did it go?” Drew asked.

“Very well my friend!” Zach chirped, sitting on one of the bar’s seat.

Drew, in his bartender clothes, diligently wiped the wine glass on his hand. It was his part-time job to work in his uncle’s restaurant and bar.

“Any drinks in mind?” he asked.

Zach rested his chin on his arms that lay perched on top of the counter, absentmindedly playing with the glasses in front of him.

“Nah, maybe some orange juice?” he replied, unsure of his choice.

Clang.

 Disorientated, Zach stared down at the broken pieces of glass on the floor. Glancing up with a sorry expression, he gave Drew a toothy grin.

“You are very lucky you’re my uncle’s godson or else I won’t be letting you away with that” said Drew, pursing his lips. It took him time, to set the glasses he just cleaned, to get necessary stuff to clean the mess and to stop Zach’s panicking.

“Stop! I’m cleaning it now” grumbled a much annoyed Drew who was starting to pick up the shards with his safety gloves on.

“I’m sorry, man!” Zach apologized for the fifth time.

“Just tell me how you worked things out with this Angie girl” Drew muttered, picking each flakes of glass one by one.

Zach calmed down a bit and rested his back his seat. “I actually didn’t do anything.”

He started laughing, which caused Drew to look up at him, forehead creased in confusion.

“She said her parents don’t want her to have a ‘boyfriend’ in such age” he said while laughing hysterically from his chair.

“So, she broke up with you?” said Drew, being skeptical.

“Yeah” said Zach, wiping off a tear. “Her parents are so old fashion. I have to even run away from his dad who was pointing his hunting rifle on me when all my intention was to break up and apologize to his daughter.”

With a broom on his hand, Drew looked at Zach incredulously while sweeping the few remains on the glass to the dustpan.

“I swear that’ll be last time I’ll do such thing!” cried Zach, chuckling at his own gag.

“You are so weird” said Drew as a smile slips his lips. He lifted himself up and dumped the glass shards on the trash bin. After disposing the remnants of the wineglass, he came back to his post, back again to his interrupted cleaning of the remaining wet wine goblets.

He found Zach silently staring at the television screen that hung on top of him. Finally, in his relief, the guy had decided to stop his uncontrollable yapping. Mouth agape, Zach watched in amazement the magic show on the T.V., where the magician tries to escape the multiple numbers of chains that wrapped his whole body from head to toe. The act was nearly too impossible, but when the magician freed himself from the bondage, Zach can’t help but to smile in surprise and awe.

Drew was intrigued by what made Zach’s attention caught easily that he decided to watch the show with him until he found it boring enough that he wanted something for a change.

“Zach” he said.

As if he didn’t hear Drew speak, Zach didn’t response as his eyes never left its focus on the show. Irritated, Drew waved a hand in front of Zach while repeatedly calling out his name for attention.

“What?” said Zach, snapping back to his consciousness.

“You have to sleep early, you know?”

“And why? It’s Christmas break!” Zach flabbergasted.

Pursing his lips, Drew informed curtly, “Rose’s flight will be at seven o’clock in the morning, you dope”.

“Shit!” Zach cussed, looking at the time, finding out that overstayed on his godfather’s bar. The father clock, that serves as an antique design for the restaurant, sounded momentarily after its long hand hit number twelve while its short hand was positioned on the number two.

Before leaving, Zach managed to ask his inquiry that bothered him for weeks, “Hey Drew. I know we’re family friends and all but, how come you’re so helpful to me and Rose? I’m aware that you and Rose are not in good terms.”

Sighing, Drew finally spoke after debating himself whether to answer his friend’s query.

“I used to be fond of her too”

“WHAT?!” Zach baffled, seemingly puzzled by Drew’s statement. He wasn’t sure if there was a double meaning to it or if it was some ridiculous joke.

“It’s not like that way you’re fond of her or adore her” said Drew, rolling his eyes.

“Just don’t waste your chance, Parson” uttered Drew, making it his last words for the night.

Zach can’t help to suppress a smile as exits his way out of the bar.

***

While waiting and lining up for the check-in, Rose casually took glances on her phone, reading the farewell messages her family and friends sent her, most were from her sister and Sam, who were uncontrollably forwarding her apprehensive messages  regarding her flight back to England.

She closed her eyes and waited for any vibration from her phone. The person in front of her proceeds a step forward, making her follow the flow of the line.

Her phone shook to vibration in her cold hands that were tucked in the pocket of her coat. It was a message from an anonymous number.

‘Turn around, my little tomato’

Puzzled, Rose shot her head back to find a familiar handsome face smiling wickedly at her. Her heart pounded wildly when she affixed her gaze at his brown eyes.

His every step forward, made a weird reaction to Rose’s internal function. Her cheeks were profusely flushing red and breathing was difficult thing to do as of that moment, making the thudding sound of heartbeat louder as ever, especially when she felt his face drew closer to hers, a few inches apart.

“Wa-what are you doing?” she stammered nervously.

“Just saying good-bye” he nonchalantly says.

The person preceding Rose derisively mumbled, “Get a room, geesh”.

Flushing in embarrassment, Rose looked down at the floor. She can still feel his body’s intimate distance to hers.

“The floor is really nice to look at, isn’t it?” Zach mischievously said. Rose looked up, “Shut up!” she snapped.

“Red as the usual tomato” He murmured softly, taking a strand of her hair, making Rose quiver as chills rand down her spine.

Taking her wrist, he declared, “I’m afraid, you have some unfinished business yet, Ms Erickson, and I’m putting to s cancel your flight to England”. He pulled her out of her line. The witnesses looked at them with fazed expressions as Zach pulls her far from the crowd.

“Hey Zach, what th-“ Rose exclaimed, dragging her luggage with her, but her sentence was cut when Zach pulled her towards him, bringing her closer to his chest that hummed a rapid beat.

Her eyes perplexed, stayed glued on Zach’s soft gaze.  Drawing his face closer to hers, her heart hammered vigorously, only until it stopped when Zach’s mouth met her palm that deflected his attempt to land it on her lips.

Zach paused, looking confused when he found his lips on her hand.

But the minute her hand slid down to pull his collar, she brought him closer towards her. Tilting every fraction of her head, she sank her lips to his, ardently as Zach moves his in synch with hers; she even felt him smile in her lips.

After that moment which lasted like forever, she withdrew back, releasing her grip from the collar of his shirt. “That’s for stealing my first kiss the last time I’m in this airport”.

Zach looked dazed for awhile, then he laughed it off, saying, “Better than I expected”.

Rose quivered her lips uncomfortably, glancing down the floor again. Her cheeks reddened when Zach leaned forward and kissed her forehead. “I’ll miss you, tomato” he whispered, feeling entranced.

Afar from the two, his eyes never left their direction. A contented smile escaped Drew’s lips as he slowly walks away from his spot, leaving his failed chances and wrong decisions behind as nothing but a past.

____________________________________________________________________________

Short chapter? :)

Well I guess the ROCH (rose x zach) fans deserves this chapter as a gift xD

TO ALL THE FANS! THANK YOU FOR THE COMMENTS,VOTES AND SUPPORTS!

I love you guys!<3

Shaan and I were so delighted with your comments and votes :) So keep voting and commenting until the next and last chapter :) We absoultely love your comments and opinions :>

luts of love,

Avee :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.7K 1.7K 61
It's clearly hard to fall in love with someone when you don't know you're already falling. It's harder to fall in love with someone whom you know wo...
68 0 10
"The Girl in me wants to be loved The Girl in me wants peace And at last the Girl in me wants to be his" ...
922 149 23
"Dear Heart, Why HIM?" . Skyla Elliot is your typical tomboy with many friends who are boys but no boyfriend. She has just transferred to a new schoo...
208 42 6
"You should care, Dylan. You would still be living in the back of a car, stealing from Seven Eleven! Is that what you want?" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...