Not His Juliet

By kimmylovesyou707

"I had promised away my happiness long ago but when our lips met in forbidden passion I found what happiness... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 14

852 29 3
By kimmylovesyou707

Not His Juliet by K. Jessica Ramirez

Chapter 14:

As the call comes to an end reality hits me. I just spoke to two people I never thought I'd ever do so again in my lifetime, but more importantly I've made arrangements to meet with them both. Am I dreaming? This must be some sick twisted nightmare.

I pinch my forearm and sure enough the slight twinge of pain shoots through me. Nope, fully awake, but where am I? It takes me a minute to register my surroundings. I lock eyes with Austin's and a reply of our night flashes in my head. From the moment of him agreeing to take me out to our shared kiss. I bring my hand up to touch my lips at the memory. They feel slightly swollen. My cheeks burn and I refuse to keep his eye contact any longer.

More important things need my attention and I can't risk wasting my time on a fantasy. Oh but what a wonderful fantasy he is. I shake my head in an attempt to rid my mind of the thoughts. Focus, White. First things first. I need to call Avery with my plans and then inform Nikki of them in text for her to understand when she's in a more coherent state. I'll also have to think about how I'm going to approach Stark and Nikki. Damn I was in for a hell of a ride. I just hope that if all goes to hell I can manage to live with it.

"I need to go to the Jackson residence." I muster up to the best of my ability but my voice still sounds like a strangled rabbit.

I look up at Austin's eyes and I can see the entire world in them. They look so deeply sad and I know he knows I'm putting whatever this is on hold to try and get my shit together. But also see he understands why I'm going it and for that I'm thankful for. Austin nods at me and starts up the truck while I call Avery. Maybe I can schedule for someone to just to and pick up Nikki at this moment so she could be here come morning.

The phone rings five times and with each ring I feel anxiety build. I'm sure I'll lash out on Avery if she doesn't answer even when I know it's the middle of the night.

"Miss White?" Avery answers the sleep evident in her voice.

I push back my frustration. Why do I have to be rude with everyone? Why do I have to push everyone out? I take a deep yoga breath before answering.

"I will need the jet prepared and ready for takeoff from Los Angeles California to where I am presently stationed." I speak into the phone.

Austin pays little if any attention to my call anymore. We drive the empty but oddly beautiful streets of this tiny town with only my voice as filler. I feel horrible for pushing him out but it's what I know. Plus I can't help but feel horrible for James too. Gosh I'm going to hell for everything I've done to these men, or worse I'll be a special on Jerry Springer.

"Of course." Avery answers automatically.

I can hear the light pitter patter of her mostly scheduling the flight online with my pilot.

"Passenger(s)?"

"Nichole Wh- Rebelle"

I can't help the small frown etched into my expression. Just one more thing to remind me that we aren't sister anymore, not really.

"Time?" Avery continues moving past my small stumble.

Akon once famously said, Blame it on the alcohol. So rightly I will do so.

"As soon as possible."

"The flight can be ready and waiting in less than two hours will that be alright Miss White?"

"Yes Avery...thank you."

A baffled sound comes from the other end of the line followed by a long silence.

"Of course, anytime Miss White. Will that be all?" Avery responds breaking out of her monetary shock.

It wasn't a common thing for me to thank any of my employs. However my emotions have been all over the place tonight to I try not to think much of it.

"That will be all. I will text you the address of which to land on and the phone number in which you may contact Miss Rebelle to inform her of the descent planed for her." I respond trying to go back to my professional self.

I'm going to need to be Angela White top notch hard ass if I even dream of surviving the events to come and that Angela White would never thank her employees no matter how much she should but then again that same Angela wouldn't have ever envisioned of speaking to Nikki or Stark ever let alone speaking to both of them in the last hour.

A movement breaks me of my thoughts pushing me. We're here, at Jackson resident my home for weeks to come. I turn to catch Austin watching me and I realize I haven't ended my call. I turn my attention back towards Avery.

"Keep me informed." I say as I end the call.

I place the phone back into my pocket before turning to Austin. I turn away the second his eyes catch mine. I can't pretend to not see the defeated look in his eyes. He knows this goodbye. I'm a coward and hypocrite. I hate the woman who hurt this man who doesn't deserve to have a single bad thing happen to him but yet I crush any hope he had along with any silly dream I stupidly allowed myself to create for mere seconds when all seemed alright. When his lips were on mine and hope was high. But now reality has come crashing and I know I must kiss goodbye the shortly lived dream. I'll learn to settle for James because I know he's who I'm going to get in the end but I can't will myself to do so.

"Don't give up on me okay?" I quickly whisper an octave too high

He turns to look at me instead of the dark house. I see a small spark of hope ignite in his eyes.

"Never." He whispers his deep southern accent making chills run down my back but I won't let it show.

I nod a small quick nod and hurry out of the truck and onto the porch. As I reach the front step I turn to see Austin driving down the empty street. I sigh and force myself to turn to the front. I need to brace myself for whatever wrath I'm sure to face, I just wonder from who it'll be now.

As I come into the house I stumble upon a drunk Waylon. Any other day I'd be prepared and even happy to see my semi friend but not today. I need to sleep off the hangover I'm sure to receive tomorrow morning, or today morning.

"Goodnight to you too sweetheart." He mumbles swaying where he stands.

I try to push past him and up to the bedroom but I can't. Waylon doesn't deserve my bittiness and I'll be damned if I lose the only friend I've managed to make since my arrival. I backtrack down the stairs.

"Forgive me Waylon I've just had a crazy last couple of hours." I inform a little resigned.

Waylon doesn't reply and I look up from the floor to see him watching me with interest.

"Wanna talk?" he asks as best as he can manage.

"What?" I ask staring at him confused.

"I asked if ya wanna talk, you know 'bout ya troubles." He says also managing to sober up a tiny bit enough to speak without slurs.

Well that was different. I was almost certain he'd say what's got your panties in a bunch? His responds though made me feel like maybe I do have some kind of ally out here. I hope it stays that way. Waylon may be a drunk who hates people like me but I think he can just about stand me now.

"No thanks Waylon, I'm just going to get some sleep, but...thank you"

Waylon nods playing off my pause before my thanks. There I go again with thanking people again. Maybe I'm getting my period soon, or maybe those phone calls really shook me up. I choose the first one though it makes me look less like a weak girl.

Waylon starts to walks away when I remember my fight with James. I am not about to go back there and crawl back into his bed as if he did the right thing. Hell No. I'll take the porch first.

"Hey Waylon!" I quietly call getting his attention.

"Do you guys have an extra room or somewhere I can crash for tonight?"

"Down the hall third door to your right." Waylon informs before stepping outside.

Weird again I expected some asshole comment I'm positive he'd have said were it my first day on the ranch like, what you and wonder boy fighting? He doesn't however and I' thankful for it. One less thing to bitch about tomorrow when I'm hung over.

I manage to find the room with ease and throw myself onto the bed without a second thought. I'll face all my demons tomorrow for now I'm going to sleep and have blissful dreams of my beloved apartment in New York along with my city view office.

I wake up coherent to where I am. I can't place my surrounding to any memories until I see my phone light up. It's a message from Avery.

Avery Simion

13 of June 2012

Miss Rebelle has descended as ordered without problem or delay. Expectance to arrive at promptly five AM at your direction.

I don't bother to reply as all last night's memories flood my memory. Fight with James, drunk with Austin, kissed Austin, Stark called, I called Nikki. Well that was a hell of a night/morning. I look at the time and realize it's already five twenty. Oh shit I'm late! I stand up quickly only to clutch my head in pain. I need Advil and water but there's no time. I stand off pushing through the pain.

I practically sprint out of the room. No one's awake and I'm frantically searching for keys to the truck but I'm coming up empty. Five minutes have passed and I've almost given up hope of find them and having to wake James to get him to take me when Molly walks in.

"Hey where are the keys to the truck?" I ask urgently slightly shocking her.

She points to a cupboard I had yet to nice still kind of scared by frantic motives. I brush it off and grab the keys and fly out of the house. I make it to the airport in three minutes flat managing to break several speeding laws on my way. I run into the lounge out of breath.

My eyes lock with the same eyes I've known for year yet haven't really seen for years. I walk over to her and note that I hadn't even time to freak out over her arrival in my hurry. One less demon to kill I guess.

"So now miss perfect can't even be bothered to arrive on time." Nikki mumbles under her breath.

"I think I liked it better when you didn't talk to me." I reply in my normal voice.

Nikki breaths in a sharp breath at my words. Nikki's never seen the person I've become the day I left California. I've always been sweet Angela always chasing after everyone trying to make everything alright. Well not anymore.

"How was the flight?" I ask her once I've managed to throw her luggage into the bed of the truck.

I fight the urge to raid her luggage for drugs I'm sure she'd try to sneak in but then again Avery knows of my strict no drug tolerance and would more than likely have has her searched.

"What's it to you?" Nikki resorts.

I will myself to not turn and look at her. She's her for one reason it's silly for me to even entertain the thought that we'd fix our relationship.

"I like to make sure every aspect of my company as close to perfection as possible"

"Of course you do." She mutters no longer whispers though.

I ignore her and continue, "Therefore your flight experience if of my concern."

"It was fine." She replies sharply but adds no more to our conversations.

The rest of our drive is filled with empty silence as If I were alone. I can't help but turn and catch sight of the remains of what is left of my sister. Her skin is naturally tanned and she looks well feed and her usual muscular physic. To anyone else she'd look better than just fine but I know her, or at least I use too. I notice the dark shadows under her eyes covered by foundation reveling many sleepless nights. Her aroma smells strongly of marijuana and vodka covered by perfume. I stop myself from further analysis her. This wasn't my concern anymore. She's made that much clear.

I park the truck and sadly note that Austin's truck isn't parked in the driveway. A small pang twitches inside me but I push it back, not now.

"Welcome to Jackson residence." I say with less than enthusiasm.

I feel Nikki look at me but she turns when I catch her eye.

"Most people say home." Nikki comments.

"True, however this is not my home. This is my um fiancés families home."

"Do you always have to talk to fucking proper?" She asks annoyed.

"Yes." I smirk opening my door and grabbing her suitcases.

I'm reminded of my first day here. Even back then Austin suck up for me. Oh I hope whatever it is between us, even if it's just friendship, does not end.

All Jackson's are up and busy with morning work by now so an introduction is inevitable. Time to work my amazing coming up with stories skill, it's a writer thing. Molly and Waylon are the first to spot us sitting on the porch.

"Waylon, Molly I'd like you to meet my sister, Nichole. Nikki I'd like you to meet my soon to be sister in law, Molly, and her husband Waylon." I introduce.

"Great more stuck up princesses." Molly answers grumpily.

"Shut it Molly." Waylon interjects trying to quite Molly.

"Why should I? You thought the same about little miss perfect over here the first day." Molly resorted.

"You are my wife and you will respect my orders if you wish to continue to be!" Waylon bellowed.

Although I am completely against every word Waylon just said I can't help but love him for saying them. I need to get him to shut up all the other annoying woman in this town. I shoot him a small smile and I know he remembers last night. Now he knows, my sister was my problem, or at least part of it.

Molly cowers under his harsh voice but apologizes. I open my mouth to forgive her or at least pretend to when Nikki beats me.

"I'd say it's nice to meet you but it isn't. It's been more of displeasure."

Molly stands shocked by her words the way she did when I lashed back at her my first day. Truth be told I'm a little shocked myself. Waylon's laugh breaks us out of our shocked state.

"You really are Angela's sister." He chuckles before offering his hand and managing the phrase "It's great to meet ya"

Nikki stares strangely at him but I motion her along inside the house. There are worse people for her to meet.

"Angela darlin' there ya are! Susana wants ya ta milk-" Mary-Lou bounces into the room stopping short at the sight of Nikki.

"Well howdy, I'm Mary-Lou."

Uqh what a fake bitch. Oh how I dream of wrapping my fingers around her tanned neck and squeezing with all my strength. Lord give me patience because if you give me strength I will end her.

"Chill out Texas Barbie I'm not believing this whole charade for one second. What do you want?" Nikki replies even more annoyed.

Mary-Lou stands shocked just like Molly only this time we don't wait for her to unfreeze. I push past her walking down the hall to find Mrs. Jackson with Nikki behind me.

"Do you have to deal with these people every day?" She asks.

"Pretty much."

"I'm almost sorry."

"You haven't meet the head of the house hold yet. I'll be expecting that sorry."

I turn to catch Nikki holding in a laugh only resorting in a snort. I smile at her without wanting to. I can't get attached again it'd kill me this time around.

I run smack dab into the person I was most hoping of avoiding, James. Great. His eyes look annoyed and even angry when they meet mine but quickly dissolve when he relies we have an audience. He wraps a hand over my shoulders holding me close. Of course, no one can ever know we have a less than perfect relationship.

"Angela baby who's this?" He asks smiling his charming smile.

"James, my sister Nikki. Nikki, my fiancé James." I quickly introduce trying to leave his presence.

"Ah the infamous Nichole White." James says smile still intact.

"Nikki Rebelle" Nikki corrects but not hostile like she did Molly or Mary-Lou.

James looks shocked. Yeah get in line, apparently today's Nikki shocks everyone.

"James Nikki will be staying with us for a while so she will need a room. Where can I set her up?" I ask as normal as I can but I know I sound too proper.

James gives me a questioning look. He caught it too. Sometime long before everything he was my best friend and he knows that I only speak proper when I'm angry or in an awkward situation.

"James?" I repeat snapping him out of his daydream.

"Right, sorry. Down the hall third room on the right is the biggest guest room. Set up my sister in law in there" he says the charm back on.

"Only the best for my White girls" He adds with a smile.

I know Nikki's about to respond that she isn't a White girl so I pull her down the hall in the direction of the room mutters a quick thanks to James.

I open the room to realize it's the same one I spent the night in just last night, oh the irony. I place things on the bed before leaning against the wall. We need to talk. No one talks for a long time and the silence is unbearable. It chokes me until I can't breathe anymore.

"What's the plan?" Nikki asks just as I open my mouth to break the silence.

Now that's one thing I never lost from my childhood. I'm a leader and every leader knows there is always a plan and even if there isn't one that's the plan.

"We talk to him. We deserve to at least get some answers. He owes us as much."

Nikki nods and for a moment I see the little girl I once loved in her after all. No, bad White that little girl died right along with Angie and daddy.

"How did he even find you?" Nikki asks her voice soft.

I look away from her and to my hands. 

"Apparently mom changed our last names so when we turned eighteen Stark couldn't find us since he had lost all custody in the divorce." I inform her from my recall of what he said.

"I knew it!" Nikki remarks.

"How?" I ask honestly curious.

I didn't bat an eyelash when mom suggested it. I'd never even entertained the idea.

"Of course Isabella's little angel didn't notice."

"What the hell are you talking about Nikki?"

"Your Isabella's favorite, no, her only child according to her therefor you never questioned her. And why would you? She gave you the stars and the moon at your beck and call. All I had was the hope dad would come back for me!"

"Do you really think things were perfect for me Nikki? They weren't. I fucking hate living up to mom's ridiculous expectations. I'm never good enough! I kill myself everyday to make her happy."

"At least you had some to live for. What do I have Angela?"

The room is quite as her bitter words leave her mouth. They were true to an extent.

"You have me." I whisper quietly.

Her bitter laugh fills the quite room.

"Oh Angela I don't have you. You left and for good reason. California was too small of a state to make your mark. I have no one, I have nothing."

"I didn't leave until you pushed me too. I left California when I finally realized there wasn't a single thing left for me there. Stark left, mom went crazy, you stopped talking to me. What did I have to stay for?"

Nikki tries to cut in but I don't let her. No this time she was going to listen.

"I spent every single day after Stark left trying to fills his fucking spot. I tried so hard to play perfect for mom and parent for you only to have it crash and burn on me. Yeah you didn't have mom like I did but you have no idea what a fucking blessing that is. I never got to go out with friends or have fun. I studied and then I studied even harder. I didn't have time to fill my hours with dreams of Starks return because I was living in the hell he left behind."

Again she tries to open her mouth but I still don't let her.

"Don't you get it? I would have given anything to have your place..."

Finally I allow her to speak. She opens her mouth and then closes it. She repeats that action twice more before she actually speaks.

"I hated you because she loved you and not me..."

"And I envied you because she didn't breath down your neck."

Silence fills the room again only this time we're very much aware of each other's presence.

"We're both pretty stupid..." She comments with a small smile on her face.

"Yeah we are." I reply smirking.

"I'm sorry for pushing you out. I never meant to I just couldn't handle it anymore. You were so perfect and I could never live up to it." Nikki apologizes her voice trembling and shaking more with every word.

I catch her eyes and see the watery eyes of the little girl I though i lost long ago. I rush to her side bending down to hug her to my chest. We sit there crying together but never letting go.

"I've missed you." Nikki hiccups between tears.

"Me too Nikki." I whisper hugging her closer.

"Dad always use to say Jamais arrêter de se battre, remember?" Nikki asks reciting Stark's motto, never stop fighting.

Her French is fluent as ever. I nod at her giving her a small smile.

"I never forgot it. I use to say it over and over again when things were tough." Nikki reveals.

Another tear slides down my cheek but before I can respond the door is slammed open by none other than the devil herself.

"What are you doing lazy girl? And who is this? Never mind that go milk the cows." She demands exiting the room just as quickly as she entered.

"Gosh that woman really is evil!" Nikki comments with a laugh.

"Tell me about it." I sigh getting up.

"Ready to milk some cows?" I ask.

"Sure?" Nikki asks kind of worried.

I laugh at her expression. She looks so cute and carefree. But more importantly she looks like my sister again and how I've missed her. I'm not stupid enough to believe it will be all flowers and sunshine here on out. We're still got a lot of skeletons to battle in our closet but I just know as long as she doesn't give up I'm not either. It'll be a cold day in hell when I give her up again. We're sticking together from here on out!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Morgan By S

Romance

18.6K 1.6K 40
Morgan *completed* A filler between (book 4-5) of the Alberta series. Morgan Keaton...unlucky in love, that is an absolute understatement. I'm curse...
55.4K 1.2K 7
Short Story Western~Steamy~Romance Lacey moved down South in secret to get away from her abusive father. She struggles as a new nurse in the small t...
48.1K 1.3K 6
*COMPLETED* Willa Baker moved to Spurs, Wyoming without any reason. She did this a lot, even has a child she found she she never had a true home. Th...
149K 6.3K 45
Diana Prichard learned early on about how much of a bitch life could be. Forced to abandon the one she loves and marry a monster to save her father...