Breaking Jacob (2nd in Breaki...

By conleyswifey

This is the second story in my 'Breaking' Series. Jacob Atkinson is lonely and longs for a woman he can call... More

Breaking Jacob
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Nine

5.7K 433 6
By conleyswifey

Chapter Nine

Jacob stood there in disbelief. He'd been working up his courage all week to do something about his feelings for Ellie. He had only planned on coming down here and talking to her but when he had seen her standing there in the sunlight coming through the window, with her silky black hair hanging down her back and that soft blue dress outlining the feminine curve of her back and hips, all of his good intentions had vanished.

He had suddenly been struck with a thought. What would Brody do? Brody had always been the risk taker between the two of them. Jacob had come to the conclusion that the answer to the question, what would Brody do, was quite simple. Brody would grab the woman, kiss her senseless and leave no room for doubt about what he wanted and how he felt.

So that's what Jacob had done and he had fully expected her to slap him but she hadn't.

"Can you ride a horse?" he asked, feeling a little stupid once the words were out of his mouth.

She nodded, "I was raised in Texas," she replied and he could hear the breathless quality of her voice. Her lips were red from his hungry kisses and her cheeks were flushed. She looked thoroughly kissable and he had to force himself to take a step away from her. Susie could come in here at any time.

"I'll go saddle two horses. Susie has a riding skirt you can wear, just go up to her room and get it."

Ellie nodded and then quickly left the kitchen. Jacob grabbed some bread, cheese and apples and wrapped them in a thin white tablecloth from the cabinet. He carried his bundle outside and quickly went about saddling two horses.

"Where you going?" Cookie asked from his chair beside the barn. "Elizabeth said everybody was taking the day off today."

"I'm going for a ride," Jacob replied as he stuck the bundle of food into the saddlebags of his brown gelding.

"With two horses?" Cookie asked, with a smirk when he saw Miss Bradshaw coming out of the house wearing a leather split riding skirt and a white blouse, "Ahh, I see, " he said with a chuckle and a nod.

Jacob turned and caught sight of her and felt his heart begin to beat out of his chest. She had a nervous smile on her face and her cheeks still looked flushed beneath the hat he had bought for her, "Are you ready?" Jacob asked.

"Yeah, I'm ready," she replied and he could hear a shakiness in her voice that confused him. Was she nervous that he would hurt her or was she just nervous to be alone with him because she was innocent? Jacob helped her up into the saddle, keeping his hand on her hip longer than was really necessary, before jumping up onto his own horse.

Ellie followed Jacob out over the fields. Her lips were still tingling from his kiss and she was filled with anticipation. Would today be the day that she lost her innocence? Would she finally give away her body? She could think of no other man she would rather to give herself to, especially after that kiss they had shared.

'Alice?" Jacob said looking back at her. "Are you okay?"

Ellie forced a smile as she caught up to Jacob. She wondered what her name would sound like washing over his full, firm lips in that deep, soothing baritone voice of his, "Of course. I was just enjoying the scenery. It's very peaceful out here."

Jacob nodded as he looked around, "Yeah it is. I grew up in Virginia. There were mountains all around. You could climb to the top of a mountain and see for miles. Sometimes the fog would settle down and it would look like a sea dotted with tiny islands. It was beautiful."

Ellie was sure she could hear just a touch of homesickness in his voice, "I've never been out of Texas. Other than one time when I went to New York to visit my sister's school."

"Aren't those fancy schools expensive?" Jacob asked and Ellie nodded quickly, realizing that she'd said too much. She wasn't Ellie Thompson right now, she was Alice Bradshaw. She wanted so badly to be able to tell him the truth but what if he hated her after he knew? What if he told Brody and they threw her in jail?

"They are and that's why she doesn't go anymore. She went a few years ago before my mama died," Ellie lied. Jacob seemed satisfied with that response and she sighed with relief. They rode in silence for a while, following a winding stream.

"Jacob, can I ask you something personal?" Ellie asked.

Jacob looked over at her and smiled. She felt her heart skip a beat at the sight of that smile. That was the kind of smile that any woman would find herself falling in love with....

"Of course you can." Jacob replied.

"Why aren't you married?" she saw the questioning look in his eyes and quickly continued. "It's just that you seem like a good man. You um... you are handsome.. And uh.. Well it just surprises me that no woman has.. You know.." She suddenly felt awkward and couldn't figure out what else she wanted to say so she blushed and picked at her horses mane.

Jacob laughed and she looked over at him. His laugh was nice. It was deep and made her heart fill with love... love? Oh dear, she was in trouble.

"I'm glad you think I'd make a good husband," he said with a smile. "I'm afraid that I never did have much time for worrying about women or finding a wife. Life was hard back in Virginia. Real hard. Not many women want to waste their time on a man who doesn't even know how he's gonna feed himself and his two sisters from month to month."

"I know how hard it can be when you're worried about taking care of someone else," Ellie said quietly.

"Why do I get the feeling there's more to you then what you let on?" Jacob asked.

Ellie's eyes widened, "I'm just me, Jacob." She had to change the topic, get his mind on something else. "Do these horses go any faster?" she asked.

Jacob smiled, "Sure do." he replied and he urged his gelding into a gallop. Ellie laughed and chased after him. He looked over at her. Her dark hair blowing behind her as she used her hand to hold her hat down on her head. Her face was flushed with adrenaline, her blue eyes bright with laughter. He knew in that moment, without a single doubt, that he was going to marry this woman. Was he in love with her? Yes. It was fast, he knew that, but Brody and Elizabeth had gotten married in a hurry and they were happy, so he and Alice could be too. She had a laugh that made his heart beat faster. Her smile made him stumble over words and her kiss had nearly caused his heart to stop beating. She was made for him. No other woman had ever made him feel the way she did.

She was good with the girls. She had patience with Sally and she seemed to understand Susie's quiet and shy attitude. She was good with Bryant and Lexi. He had heard her humming them lullabies and rocking them in the chair and he had imagined what she would look like with their baby in her arms.

Finally they came to the pond, he'd been taking them too and he pulled his horse to a stop.

"That was fun!" she exclaimed with breathless excitement. "It's been too long since I've done that."

Jacob smiled and jumped down from the saddle. He pulled the bundle of food from his saddlebag and spread the linen out on the ground. They both sat in the shade beneath a large oak tree and looked out over the calm, smooth water of the pond. They spent hours talking. Ellie was careful to avoid personal questions about her own life. She didn't want to lie to him. Lying to him was causing a pain deep inside of her that was only getting worse with each passing day.

"It looks like it's going to rain," Jacob noted as he looked up at the sky.

Ellie felt a moment of disappointment when she saw the dark clouds rolling in. She had hoped that he was going to kiss her again. That he would touch her body with those big calloused hands... But all they had done was talk. Not that she was complaining. Any time spent with Jacob was nice but after that kiss this morning, she had wanted more.

"I guess we should probably head back," she sighed.

Jacob rose to his feet and held out his hand to her. She took his hand and when their bare skin touched, it was nearly enough to light the green pond grass on fire.

Jacob pulled her to her feet and then pulled her body flush against his. She could feel every warm, hard inch of his lean body pressed against her. Her head only came to low on his chest and he put his calloused knuckle under her chin to raise her head. He used his free hand to pull off her hat and then without a word he crushed his lips to hers again and instantly her body melted against him. Molding to every curve of his body.

She raised her arms and circled them around his neck, knocking off his hat and burying her hands in his thick dark hair as his hungry mouth devoured hers. His hands ran over her shoulders and down her sides before one hand wandered back up and cupped her breast through the fabric of her blouse. He felt her nipple harden beneath his fingertips and he moaned against her lips.

He pulled his mouth away from hers and looked down at her. Ellie looked up at him through passion heavy lids. His breathing was harsh and his green eyes were darkened with desire, "Alice I....."

Ellie jerked away from him and then was thankful for the burst of lightning and clap of thunder that accompanied her movement. He would think she jumped out of fear when in truth she jumped because for just a moment she had forgotten that he didn't know who she truly was. Then he had moaned another woman's name, only it was a name that he thought was her name... Oh Lord she was confusing herself.

"I guess we should get back," Jacob admitted, looking up at the threatening clouds.

They picked up the picnic and both quickly mounted and headed for the ranch. The sky opened up in a torrential downpour of cold rain before they made it back to the house and both of them were dripping wet as they rode their horses into the barn.

Ellie was taken by surprise when she jumped from her horse and he grabbed her and pushed her back against the wall of the barn, using his hand to protect her head from striking the wood. His lips sought hers and while she knew she should refuse him, she just didn't have the will power. She could barely breathe as he moved his kisses along her neck and his hand once again found her breast and began teasing and touching her through her soaked blouse and underclothes.

"I want you," he whispered against her ear. His warm breath teased her skin and caused goose bumps to cover her flesh.

"Jacob!" Susie's voice yelled from the porch.

Jacob pulled away from her, grumbling under his breath, much like Brody, and stormed to the door of the barn, "What?" he demanded.

"Sally fell and she's stuck. I can't lift her back up!"

He looked back at Ellie, "We'll continue this later." he promised in a voice that left no room for doubts about what he wanted to continue and then he ran through the rain toward the house.

"I'll take care of these horses, Miss Bradshaw," Frank said walking out of a back stall.

Ellie's eyes widened, "Were you there the whole time...." she gasped as a blush covered her cheeks.

Frank nodded, "Yeah. I must say I didn't think the man had it in him," he replied with a wink.

Ellie walked stiff legged back to the house. She had to get to town. She had to see if Otis had sent her word. She had to get out of here before things went any further with Jacob. She wanted to tell him the truth but surely he would tell Brody and Brody would have her thrown in jail. She felt tears sting her eyes but refused to let them fall. She hadn't cried since she'd been fourteen and her father had abandoned her and her sister.

In the morning she was going to town. If Otis still hadn't sent word then she would ask for her pay from Elizabeth and she would use it to get back to San Antonio. Things could not go any further with Jacob Atkinson.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 3.1K 26
You grew up on the isle as Uma's sister- Ursula took you as a baby from your mother Ariel as payment for giving her legs. This is how you get to Aura...
221K 4.8K 34
In which a beautiful girl is a model and one day goes to her best friends game and meets a guy who is instantly attracted to her but she plays hard t...
3.3M 188K 77
Nobody ever loved him; she was the first who loved him. He did not have a family and then one day she entered into his life and became a world for h...
73.4K 1.7K 70
Cassiopea Andromeda Black or just Cassie is a Hogwarts student, who has everything a girl at her age can possibly want. She is rich, beautiful, very...