Vampire Certificate

By embermarina

Selling your heart to the devil is one thing, but attending a high school for vampires is definitely somewher... More

Vampire Certificate
SilverLeaf Academy
Survival of the Fittest
Secretly Sick
Mr Halton

Mental Break Down

33 2 0
By embermarina

Chap. 4

I wondered how just about three hours ago I had hanging burned skin and right now, there was nothing but a crimson red line. I think that bag of blood did me good, considering Ariel wouldn't shut up about how nervous she feels for the second part of the test. She mentioned it being the worse one yet, since the Heads wanted pressure on everyone, for the reasons of the unknown. I just wanted to live through the assessment and apologise to Warren who clearly avoided any communication with me. Would I have known as that he was going to use that specific tube, I would have chosen a different one, or even let him go first. But then again, who was I trying to fool, If it wasn't for Warren, I could be dead. Or at least that's what Jasper had said.

"I don't know what Jasper may have told you, but I really enjoy completing this assessment." Lawrence appeared by our side in a millisecond. It was literally, he wasn't here and then he was.

"Why?" A girl with strawberry blonde hair quivers her face reddening slightly.

"I get to know all of your weaknesses, let's not waste anymore time. First on my list are Gwendalyn Moyers, Jace Wilson." Then he said a few more names that I did not recognize.

I watch Gwendalyn take off in the direction on shaky legs, Jace gently interlocks their hands as they wonder off around the corner.

It doesn't take even a minute before I heard screams and thrashing of metal. What was going on there!?

Ariel grabs my shoulder, I can see sweat creasing on her forehead.
"We'll do this together. Don't worry, I've talked to Adrian." She smiles and I grin weakly back. Do what though?

Then the two came out wobbling and hitting the walls almost blindly. A few more people were called and examined with god knows what and god knows how.

"Blair Volkova and Ariel Williams please enter." I heard Lawrence say and we both glance at each other, before heading in the way of his voice.

To my view appear two dental chairs. There was nothing else in the dark room. "Miss Volkova, I hope you do not mind that I assess both Adrian, you and Ariel at the same time." Lawrence has that intimidated glare on his face that I couldn't say no to even if I wanted.

"Sure." Do whatever the hell you want, creep.

Lawrence clears his throat lightly, gesturing to the empty seats.
I cautiously place my bottom on the uncomfortable chair, the plastic cover groaning beneath me.

Adrian leans over me with a cruel gaze, "Is this going to hurt?" I question and we met each other with our red eyes.

"Alright let's begin." Lawrence says and I look at Ariel which has a concentrated look on her face.
What kind of test is this?

Then I feel a palm over my forehead and everything goes blank. My eyelids drop shut.

I open my eyes finding myself locked under four black walls.
Ariel appears next to me with Lawrence and Adrian next.
"Just what I expected." Lawrence comments glaring at Ariel.

"Ariel you need to let go. Remove the walls. We need to get inside your head." Lawrence speaks urgently, but the red head shakes her head violently.

"I'll go first." Adrian motions, his eyes hold concern and Lawrence nods his head, then the surroundings submerge into a green forest field.

"Miss Volkova I want you paying close attention at what happens next. We are right now inside Adrian's head facing his inner fears." The older Head informs and urges us to walk, Adrian was in the front not saying anything.

"YOU DON'T DESERVE TO LIVE." There were two Ariels now, one by my side another running towards Adrian with a crossed look.

"I know." He waffles his muscles tense up, and he wouldn't look at anything but her.

"YOU MADE ME LIKE THIS!" Ariel screams as fangs extend from her mouth and blood leaks from her chin to the grass.

"I did not want to be alone." Adrian announces stepping forward, and twisting a hand around her arm.
She tries pulling away but ends up in tears.

"You killed me Adrian. I died because of you."

"You wanted immortality, to be with your beloved, I gave you what you wished for, and I do not regret any second of it." Adrian replies his back still turned, then as if the whole world begins to break apart, the grass begins to welt and dry out, the sun drops to the line of the horizon, and the trees fall to their death with a  loud bang.

"Ariel we are inside your head now." Lawrence says glancing at her with a wry look. She nods her head, wiping away the tears. She was crying?!

I move forward wanting comfort her but I'm pulled back. I stare at Adrian that has a clenched jaw, and shakes his head once indicating I can't do anything.

We wait a few minutes, before the next happens.

"Ariel." A male voice speaks and I turn to look at a very strange boy. He is about the age of twenty-five, with light blonde head, his golden eyes are sparkling in the night light.

"Gabriel." The name leaves her lips fast and she crushes into his body with force.

"I miss you so badly." She shrieks into the plain white shirt and then Gabriel wraps his arms around her.

"Arie look at me." He says in a velvety soft voice. Ariel slowly lifts her head staring into his beautiful eyes.

"I have to leave, we can't be together anymore, you're different and I'm even more so. I can't love a vampire Arie, but I do love human Arie." Gabriel confesses and I watch the red heads face break further, the ground shakes sending thousands of tiny cracks through the pavement.

I don't realize that I'm holding on to Adrian when I'm suddenly pulled to the side, as the ground collapses underneath my feet. Falling onto Adrian's firm chest I glance at him for a single second before leaping into standing position.
I can't hear any word Ariel mutters but I do see the cracks forming under her legs.

"ARIEL!" I shout wanting to get her attention, but she doesn't acknowledge me, because now everything went dark.

"You alright Miss Williams?" Lawrence asks gently placing a hand on her shoulder, Ariel nods her head, and red eyes focused strongly on the ground.

"Miss Volkova, since you are a newborn I would like to explain a few things before we proceed any further." The older Head hollered, while Ariel gathered herself together and Adrian didn't keep his eyes off of her.

"When we are inside your head, you will be facing some of your most secret fears and past, no matter what happens, because even I do not know what would happen, you have to learn to cope and accept your weaknesses. I will help you if you have a difficulty since you have no previous experience of this but try doing this on your own." Blonde head instructs and I gulp burning saliva in my mouth feeling slightly anxious.

"The test starts now." Lawrence announces as the three back a way.
I meet Ariel's blank eyes and feel panic settle in.

The memories of one innocent night flooded back into my head as I stared at my two angry parents.

I watched from the side as my younger self with long untrimmed hair swore. "Curfew is stupid! You're all delusional freaks!" My mum gazes at me with sadness in her eyes.
"Stop showing up at 2 a.m, you have school to attend, and grades to focus on, please Blair, work with us." Dad encourages his hazel eyes wanting to find my agreement.

"I'm going out and never coming back!" I yell putting on my shoes and running into the night streets.
After a few hours of walking I finally cool down, my dumb teenage self was tired and decided to return home.

"Mum, Dad?" I open the door, stepping inside but the house was dark and empty. "Kelsey?" I call, but no one answers back.

"OH SO YOU ALL LEFT! GOOD! I DON'T WANT YOU IN MY LIFE EITHER!" I screamed angrily, stomping to my room and slamming my door open. Then my face hits the bed and I start sobbing, keeping my small teddy bar into the croak of my armpit.

The scene fades away, and this time I glance at my parents staring right at me, I feel ugly tears burn my eyes.
"What happened to you? I know you just didn't leave me for the sake of my stupid teenage self. I need to know where you are." I plead looking them in the eyes, but Dad especially stares emotionlessly.

"Do you know this person?"
My mum shakes her head, she didn't recognize me.

"It's me Blair!" I yelp, my father leaps in the front protectively, so I can't touch or even go near them.

"Stay away from my family, blood sucker, or I will not hesitate to pull this stake through your annoying heart." Dad promises as a wooden splint appears in the flat palm, and he raises it defensively.

Now my fear was uncovered.

I was scared of this. I was scared they wouldn't recognize me.

"Did I not say back off!?" Dad sneers pushing Kelsey behind, and the only thing my sister wears on her face is a petrified expression. No evidence of recognition.

"IT'S ME BLAIR, KELSEY IT'S ME LARRY, Don't YOU REMEMBER ME!?" I shriek feeling my fingers curl into fists and the whole body shaking with spasms.

"She's not coping." I hear very faintly in the background. I think it was Adrian.

"Let go of them." I hear Lawrence whisper into my ear, shaking my head I shove him away and run at my family.

Probably a bad move.

Vlad lifts his stake into the air ready to pierce my chest, but I am flinged onto the cold floor, Adrian pulls me back onto my feet.

"NO, I WILL FIND YOU, I'M NOT GIVING UP!"

"Don't." I register Adrian's voice near my ear, but I don't care.

"MUM, DAD, KELSEY! NO DONT LEAVE ME, I Don't WANT TO BE A VAMPIRE PLEASE, I CANT DO THIS!" I thrash around in the strong arms that pull further and further from my family.

"PLEASE MAKE IT STOP! MAKE IT STOP!" I cry feeling my body being lifted as I open my eyes back in the room now.

"Blair, focus." Ariel is now by my side wrapping palms around my arms and pushing into the chair.
I yell for a few more seconds before something just clicks and I shut up.

"Miss Volkova, I'm sorry to say this bit you failed your test." Lawrence announces and I nod feeling sick to the very bottom of my stomach.

I needed blood.

Standing on my wobbly feet, I practically drop to the ground, and now Ariel is hovering over me.
"Adrian help me, we have to take her to her room." The red head mumbles and then I'm not as heavy as I felt before.

My face falls against Adrian's shoulder and I involuntary close my eyes, trying not to think how much blood I wanted right now. Gallons. No a whole tank.

Literally two seconds later (I counted) I feel bed beneath my body.
I open my eyes watching as Adrian places me carefully on the soft blanket.

"Thank you." I rasp out, and Adrian's eyes miraculously find mine, and then a small smile slips onto his face.

"What the hell even happened there?!" Ariel walks up to me, with a blood bag and places it into my weak hold. "Go away Adrian!" She whooshes her brother out of the room and locks the door.

"I honestly don't even know." I admit sucking gently onto the sweet liquid.
Ariel purses her lips then falls onto the space next to me.

"You know I didn't pass my first mind test either." Ariel suddenly spikes up, and I swirl my head to her.

"I though they kill anyone that doesn't pass." Ariel smiles gently, her eyes shutting momentary.

"Jasper and his way with words. But no you're most definitely not getting killed. You are given a second chance, in fact you get three attempts overall, if you don't pass they'll assign one of the Heads until you get at least some decent results." She explains and I groan feeling stupid for believing Jasper's words.

"You need to rest, I'll see you tomorrow, is that okay?" Ariel abruptly jolts from the bed but I feel like there's something more to it.
I hope she's not going to see Gabriel.
For her own sake.

"Okay." I mumble, too tired to argue.

The door clicks closed and then I notice my donor bag is already empty. But my stomach is not quite full yet.

Practically crawling to the fridge I force the door open, stuffing my arms full, then glancing at the wrinkled peace of paper.

Not to be used a stress reliever.

What a stupid thing to say. Blood is literally the best stress reliever.
Never thought I'll say that.

Making it back into my bed I rip the second bag open swallowing eagerly one bag after the other. Then the next and next, some dripping onto my white bed.
I'll clean the mess later, right now I couldn't care less if I had some blood spilled.

And here we have another chapter published!!!! Lovelies make sure to vote and comment if ya want more!!!!!

And guys! Officially finished with year 12 (UK  lovies would understand)!
Then heading for a few different countries this week! Having a world tour ya know, cause ya girl is a celeb! Jokes not even close.

Stay rolling,

~ria

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

336K 9.9K 31
Alpha Blake is 17 years old, he's never found or has met his mate, that is until he spots Maya at the park she turns out to be his mate except for on...
11K 491 59
You're the graduate of Night Raven Academy, a unisex college that is known for taking in both magicless and gifted students. On the the day of the gr...
48 0 5
Sarae is the Lieutenant General of the Heavenly Army, handpicked by the Archangel Michael to be a guardian. Her ward is Ahreyal, the only child born...
2.8K 230 60
TheFriendshipAwards 3rd place winner (2017) *** I take a deep breath and say flatly, "What I'm about to tell you is very important. It's called the...