Gay Chicken | ✓

By PandaGuts

"They have belligerent sexual tension." "What does that even mean?" --- James and Casper have been fighting... More

Gay Chicken
{1}
{2}
{3}
{4}
{5}
{6}
{7}
{8}
{9}
{10}
{11}
{12}
{13}
{14}
{15}
{16}
{17}
{18}
{19}
{20}
{21}
{22}
{24}
{25}
The Long-awaited {26}
{27}
{28}
{29}
{30}
Epilogue

{23}

59.7K 2K 2.7K
By PandaGuts

Chapter Twenty-three

It was bound to happen sooner or later.

After Casper had got ready that Monday morning and greeted James with much enthusiasm and knowing looks as he opened the door, his mother just in the other room they had shared one small brush of the fingers before they were off to school. Daisy and Hedgehog had made up over the Sunday apparently as they sat being the lovey-dovey couple they usually were and no one dared to even point it out, not even Logan.

James at the beginning had kept his distance from Casper, giving him space but Casper vocalised that he didn’t need it after he figured out what James was trying to do and with the look of relief James gave him as Casper called him out for it, neither did he. Just because Casper was worried James had gotten the wrong idea about wanting to come out didn’t mean that he didn’t want to jump James at every opportunity he was allowed – which was very rarely.

Casper knew they needed to talk though and he was fully intending to do so, it’s just that when he had the opportunity to get him alone James had other ideas what to do with their alone time and very quickly changed Casper course of intention very quickly; almost effortless you could say.

By the time he knew it December had rolled around and Casper was more tolerating of the Christmas songs ringing clear from every building he came across. There was a feeling of magic and panic going around as people turned their houses into replicas of Santa’s grotto and the temperature grew even colder and Casper was snuggling more into his usual black hoodie to keep warm.

“I don’t see why you can’t just wear jackets like normal people,” Daisy said in a slim jacket with a furry brown hood, looking on at her friends who were sniffing and shivering in their usual attire they wore throughout all seasons. They all sat on the rusting roundabout at the park doing their usual bumming around because there was nothing else to do in this god forsaken town. It was barely moving and creaking under their weight. It was after school on a Wednesday and they were waiting on Darla and Daniel.

“But that would be lowering expectations,” James explained with a chatter of his teeth but a smirk grew on his lips anyway.”They all think that people like us,” he gestured to Casper and Hedgehog;  in all black, piercings and eyeliner, “are closer to Satan and therefore resistant to the cold as we spend so much time having tea parties with our lord in the fiery depths of hell and who are we to break their stereotypical, delusional little minds?”

Casper laughed through his hoodie collar while Logan chuckled and Hedgehog gave an amused smile. Daisy just rolled her eyes. “It won’t be that when you all get the flu.”

Casper sneezed at that moment, earning a concerned look from James and Daisy looking at him with triumph. “Too late,” he mumbled sheepishly, discreetly wiping his boogers in the crook of his sleeve. Gross.

“You’re always sick Casper.” Daisy sighed.”You of all people should be more sensibly wrapped up in winter.”

Casper grunted in response and pouted into his crossed arms over the roundabout bars, his legs dangling out and pressing into the ground lightly with his foot, giving little pushes so they were all moving slowly and surveying the area lazily.

Darla and Daniel didn’t show up for another twenty minutes and the group of publically looked misfits were freezing, expect Daisy who was happily clutching onto hand warmers in her pocket, snuggling into her furry hood and curling her toes comfortably in her furry socks in her boots. Casper had sneezed multiple times and couldn’t help but smile when James moved closer to him to their thighs and shoulders were touching and nudging his foot at Casper’s. All Casper wanted to do was sigh into James’ warmth, surrender all but he still held a little guarding restraint, even around his supporting friends.

Daisy sniffed at Darla who was even more unsuited for the weather than anyone of them, but then really, when was she ever? Daniel on the other hand was in the clear as he walked over the grass, helping Darla at the elbow as she stumbled a little over the hardened lumps of earth beneath her in her school heels. He had gloves on, even if they were fingerless, and a thick hoodie with what looked like fur inside of it. How Casper wished he had one of those but for now he could settle with a James as he moved even closer, putting his hand into Casper’s pocket finding his very cold hands and threading their fingers together.

Casper smirked. James never really did get over Daniel – not that Casper and Daniel were ever going to happen in the first place. Daniel was never Casper’s type. Not that he was ever going to tell James – at least, not for a while – because the jealousy was cute and it made him feel warm in the pit of his stomach.

Darla came up to them, spouting her usual shit. Casper wasn’t really listening but rather marvelled in the feeling of James’ hands as he swiped his thumb back and forth and squeezed Casper’s fingers slightly in a teasing manner which Casper returned, a playful smirk edging onto his face as he side glanced James who was doing the same back.

His nose and cheeks were red from the cold weather and all Casper wanted to do was grab his face and kiss him all over to warm him up and himself.

He also noticed Logan, listening intently to every word Darla had to say, sparing a glare at Daniel who stood close to Darla and every so often opening his mouth with some sort of smart ass comment that Darla countered in a flirtatious manner that had Logan grinning and going back for more. Now that Casper knew he could see how obvious it was.

He could also see Daisy glaring at Darla as usual. Knowing Daisy she probably knew what was going on as she was more one to sit back and observe before jumping in, or Hedgehog was more the one to sit back and observe and Daisy followed her example.

So it was bound to happen sooner or later.

“Aw yeah, Cas,” Daisy smiled at Casper, turning away from Darla in disgust as she had found her way over to Logan’s lap and was now laughing throatily at some crap ass joke while Daniel found himself talking Hedgehog. “Your birthday is soon.”

Casper looked at her, surprised. He hadn’t even really thought of his birthday.” Yeah, the 16th”

“And you’ll be joining the big kids.” She giggled.

Casper felt James’ hand stiffen in his, he turned to him.

“Oh my God, I’m a criminal.” James exclaimed with wide eyes. He said it just loud enough for even Darla to stop mid-way through seduction tactics and turn to stare at them. Casper in turn was in shock, gaping at him.

“No way!” Daisy squealed.

Casper turned on her, eyes wide.”No Dais-“

“You’ve finally-“

“Stop.”

“And you never even told me-“

“Jesus fucking Christ stop Daisy, I c-“

“My little Cas.” She cooed, looking at him like the freaking mother hen she was.

And then Darla whistled, impressed.”Congrats, guys.” Logan and Hedgehog snickered like bratty little children while Daniel just looked conflicted between laughing and keeping silent.

Casper had just given up and turned to James with a glare.”Thanks for sharing that with the group. Anything else very private you want to expose, go ahead.”

James, the bastard, had the decency to look a little guilty but Casper huffed and snatched his hand out of his in retribution.

“Aw come on Cas, I didn’t mean it.” James tried, leaning against him.

“Yeah, I’m sure you didn’t, mate,” Logan jeered.

“Not helping Logan.” James sighed.

By this point Casper could really just kill all of them and not feel one bit of remorse. Fuck his friends, really. They were the worst.

“At least we know your both serious.” Darla shrugged.

“What is that supposed to mean?” Casper hissed.

She shrugged again unconcerned for Casper’s fury; he was as threatening as a kitten. “We knew that you both have been doing this song and dance for a while and when you both actually noticed that you were totally in love with each other we didn’t know if one of you – or both – were going to chicken out but it seems you too are pretty happy with each other. It’s good.” She looked sincere and Casper spared a glance at James because he was a sap. James though caught him half way, his eyes mirroring a feeling that warmed Casper’s very soul.

Yeah, he was happy.

All anger forgotten he reached back for James’ hand with a smile, looking at some half-assed drawing of a dick on the bench of the roundabout. He heard a very distinctive gagging noise come from Logan but he was an immature toad, so he ignored it and marvelled in the feeling of James’ hand again against his. Casper had always thought himself a little pale but next to James he felt like a vampire. James had a tanned glow about his skin, an effortless tan. Casper vaguely remembered what his skin went like in the summer whether it was him having a day of playing football or when the gang went down to the beach, he would always end up sporting a glorious brown tan, sun-kissed and gorgeous while Casper burnt like the little white mutant he was and endured weeks of pain as his skin peeled and blistered – so unfair.

A bit later, when the cold became a little too much for Logan he tackled James who retaliated by jumping off the roundabout effortlessly, letting go of Casper and scoring after Logan like the child he was. Casper, a bit miffed by the loss of his boyfriend’s heat, snuggled into himself once again and watching James and Logan laugh hysterically, grabbing each other and into a head lock. Casper didn’t get it, it just looked bloody painful. Of course, that’s when Hedgehog joined in and toppling them both to the ground in no time.

“That’s it , babe! Show em’ who’s the real dominant gender!” Daisy called, appearing at Casper’s side and watching her girlfriend beat his boyfriend and his boyfriend’s annoying best friend, who Casper had grown to love despite his personality, and have them pinned to the ground with the mere kick of her foot. Casper supposed having three brothers helped.

Then there was another press to his other side as Darla popped up with a feline grin. He saw from the corner of his eyes Daisy frown at her but for the most part Darla and Casper ignored it. Casper rolled his eyes. How these girl’s had manoeuvred their way onto the roundabout without even a smidge of rotating movement was lost to him, especially as Daniel joined them and failed the same graceful silence as the old roundabout gave a horrible, familiar squeak of protest as it shifted round with the weight of the lanky boy who flinched, not used to the sound that the gang had grown so accustomed to.

"So Casper, “Darla drew out, her voiced laced with annoying uncover of mischief," how was it up the ass?"

Casper gave her a dirty look and didn't even hesitate when he answered her."Who says I was the one who got it up the ass?"

Daisy, for one, looked shocked while Darla just gave that vague impressed look that he so rarely seen given to him. He couldn’t see Daniel but the sound of an amused sigh made Casper feel like Daniel didn’t believe him, or did and found the whole image funny. Casper didn’t know what to feel offended by more.

To be honest, Casper hadn't given much thought to who exactly was "on top". It would be a lie that he hadn't thought of it but then panicked and started thinking about something else entirely. He supposed the most logical way other people would look at it James would be the more dominant role in their relationship with him being taller, more confident, more muscled and more experienced and just more in all aspects of life really but Casper was also a man dammit, he had enough pride to at least go with the possibility that it didn’t have to be that way.

 The way James and Casper was just now was enough for him - they had plenty of time to think about that in the future because although, right now, the sex - or whatever you liked to call it - was fantastic, euphoric. Casper wanted to explore all what they had now before dwelling in deeper. All in all, he wasn't ready to take that step and James wasn't either. God knows what they were supposed to do.

Sure, Casper knew where everything went to achieve actually sex between two guys but he also knew there was things that you had to do before that in preparation and he wasn't really sure he wanted to know of it just yet.

So no, James and Casper weren't having penetrative sex but they were close enough just the same. There was things James could do with his tongue that had Casper falling apart ,and Casper in turn could make James into a sobbing, hot mess with the touch of his hand. They were both equally gifted, finding the most sensitive way to make their partner scream in pleasure. It was all very fine and dandy. Casper found he was a particular sex god, according to James anyway and who was he to wave off a compliment like that? James wasn’t too bad himself. Scratch that, if Casper was a sex god then James was something far beyond reach, a forgotten religion and culture of the highest skill and technique lost for centuries and never to be found quite the same again because, dear lord he was that good. Casper didn’t even know what he was doing with his own dick before James. The boy did good and Casper was more than grateful to return the favour.

"So... you topped James - God, Casper that's - wow," Daisy stuttered in awe, Casper didn't realise it was that hard to believe." I'll need to rethink my different lewd situations of Jasper then."

Casper glared at the ground at the old pet name that was put upon him and James, one that had been surprisingly absent when they actually got together.

"Aren't you supposed to be a total lesbian, Dais?" He grumbled at her, eyeing the brown-haired girl.

"Doesn't mean I must be deprived of my gay, fan girl thoughts," she replied with a stubborn tilt of her chin. Casper sighed.

"Does that mean my gay fantasies are totally excused being bi and all?" Darla smirked at him.

"I second that," Daniel chuckled from behind them. Casper gaped at them, eyes narrowed in disbelief. He honestly had the worst friends.

"I don't even know why I hang out with you people." Casper admitted, his tone high. It’s not like he sat and fantasised about them – okay, well there was Darla who was his ideal of perfection and first love for a long time, what kind of teenage boy would he be if he didn’t think about the girl of his dreams and there was those few time of thinking about how exactly Daisy and Hedgehog got it on – but that was one time!

"Because you love us." Darla said simply, nudging his side with her butt, a grin on her face, her arms getting red from the cold the red of her cheeks seeping through the layers of makeup plastered on her skin because Darla was an absolute nutter who thought herself a masochist against the cold weather of Scotland. Daniel was smiling sincerely, his usual gray beanie slapped on his head and his golden curls sticking out with a, yet another, bandage on his face from a skating accident from the other day and then Daisy, with her small face framed with that ridiculous jacket that even Eskimos would make a double take at. He turned to the three others, still hunting each other down around the park and looking as if whoever broke a bone first was the winner, or whoever fell on a rusty nail or a shard of glass but laughing whole-heartedly. Irresponsible idiots the lot of them.

Still, Casper huffed in defeat. He didn't know why he loved any of them. They were honestly all the worst and a bunch of morons.

Casper took another look at James, his whole body shaking as he crouched laughing loudly as Hedgehog out Logan in a headlock and pinching his nose. Casper was an utter idiot too.

“It’s fucking freezing,” Darla complained loudly, rubbing her arms, finally succumbing to the temperature of winter. He heard Daisy give a soft snort and Casper had to agree but with more subtlety.

With Darla’s complaint Daniel automatically shucked of his fleecy zipper, revealing yet another zipper layered underneath and handed it over to Darla just as Logan, James and Hedgehog came over.

“Mmm, warm.” Darla smiled up at Daniel through her thickly coated eyelashes, her dark green eyes glowing as she leaned into the armth of the winter hoodie and Daniel just nodded at her. Casper quickly glanced at Logan coming over from the corner of his eye, feeling Daisy take in a harsh breath of anticipation, hoping for some sort of drama to unfold.

Knowing of Logan’s feelings and Darla’s ways, Casper expected the worse and when he found James’ eyes it was the same for him but instead Logan appeared calm, unfazed (well as much as Logan could be) as he came back over to the roundabout and all but grabbed the railing and jumped into the creakity old thing. He took a seat and looked from Darla to Daniel, taking in the scene. The gang were still anticipating just something judging from the silence except Darla’s unconcerned, content humming as she picked at her nails.

“You sure you’re warm enough with just that?” Logan finally said to Daniel, indication to his thin hoodie.

Daniel vaguely looked down at himself before he gave a side smile,” I’m fine.”

Logan eyed him a little more and then shrugged.

Honestly, of all the scenarios that crossed Casper’s mind this was not one of them. Since when was Logan friendly with Daniel? Since when did Logan even talk to Daniel actually? Casper was lost.

He looked to James who was just shaking his head in a “I am actually so done with this” manner. Casper leaned back into the railing, his face buried in his sleeves as he looked at James.

He really was lucky, he thought as he watched James grumble to himself in his own thoughts, tugging at his stretcher. He remembered when James started stretching his ears, Casper had been grossed out he had told James as much who proceeded to stick his orange juice straw through his ear and let it hang there just to piss Casper off. It wasn’t that it hadn’t looked good, Casper had actually liked the look but somehow with James it just pissed him off. Nowadays Casper thought they made James just look fucking hot, even if now he could fit two fingers through which was totally gross but Casper did it a lot anyway.

While thinking of the past Casper surprised himself by giving out a loud sneeze. He sank into his arms more, sort of embarrassed and wipe his nose slightly.

“Hey, you feeling alright?” James had made his way over to him, instantly putting his hand through Casper’s hair to turn his head towards him as James crowded over him. Casper went to snap that he was fine when he felt another build up and he ducked his head to sneeze again in his already germ infected sleeve and snuffled there wearily. He hated sneezing, he really did. It always felt like he lost part of his soul every time he did so.

“C’mon,” James tugged his hand.

“Where are we going?” Casper asked, wiping his nose of his sleeve again.

James gave him a stern look, those green eyes piercing through him and making him want to shiver. “You’re going home and taking a hot shower before you get sick again.”

Casper huffed, he didn’t want to go. He was absolutely fine.

“I’m fine!” He protested and then proceeded to sneeze again and totally not helping his case. He hated sneezes.

“We’re gonna head home before princess here catches another cold,” James called over to the group, his grip tight on Casper forearm who couldn’t be bothered to shake him off as he directed him to the park entrance.

“I haven’t had a cold since September!” Casper whined, putting up a light bit of resistance by letting himself be tugged forward.

“Casper,” James sighed as if he was talking to a child,” that was barely two months ago.”

“Uh... exactly.” Casper said slowly, glaring at James softly but relinquishing anyway, walking that little bit faster so inside of James tugging him it was just his hand resting on Casper’s arm tenderly which was slide down quickly to capture Casper’s hand in his own.

“If anything, it’s a record that you’ve survived this long.”

“Hey, I’m not that weak!” Casper pinched up his face in defence.

 It was true Casper did get sick a lot. His mother blamed her hereditary of a family line of weak immune systems, even though it was usual Casper’s Auntie Lilly that was bed-ridden rather than his mother. Last time he was sick he just felt pathetic more than anything else, especially when James had come over.

Casper widened his eyes in realisation and smiled, looking up at his boyfriend happily. “Hey James,” he tugged his hand. He looked down at him.”If I do get sick again remember that I don’t like crust, okay?”

James blushed furiously as he caught onto the memory. Two months ago, a time where Casper and James were still jumping around one another but still so freaking obviously in love with one another that it was shameful.

“No way am I taking care of you again if you get sick” James grumbled, no way was he ready for the bratty behaviour Casper took on when he was sick, even more so than he usually was plus the total defenceless position being sick made him. No way.

Casper made uncommitted hum and pressed into James’ arm, squeezed the warmth out of his hand in his, a pleased smile at his lips knowing that James would totally nurse him back to health no matter how much he denied it and was eternally grateful for the after school hours that isolated the streets to their house for Casper to walk by James, hand in hand and teasing the hell out of him and totally forgetting to be subtle with their relationship as James smiled down at him, pressing into him just as Casper was to him.

When he got home James had practically shoved him into the shower to get warm and Casper just had to refrain from snapping at him by saying to himself that he just did it because he cared, which James proved by pulling the covers over them, enrapturing him in a warm embrace followed with a tender kiss once he was out and feeling a little less groggy and his ass had come back from the land of the dead. Only when Casper was near falling asleep did he feel the soft pressure of James’ lips on his forehead and the shift in his bed as James left.

Casper’s last thought was that he had to risk sickness more often before he fell completely asleep.

Chapters are going to be a little drama-less for a while but full of fluff. And as I warned last chapter may not come for a while at a time or not at all with my exams coming up.

As a dedicated yaoi and shoujo manga reader I was shocked to realise I haven't incorporated the most cliche of cliches - a chapter where one protagonist nurses the other back to health and then further realised I had planned one out for round about chapter 7-8 and completely forgot about it. SO! I shall be writing a short story on how exactly that went down and to avoid the confusion of the conversation between Casper and James towards the end of the chapter which pretty much explains itself but I'm still gonna write it! -not much though, just enough so I am satisfied.

I will be away this week on holiday so I shall be a little less responsive than usual to anyone that didn't get the broadcast. Also! Thank you all for getting Gay Chicken up to 70,000+ reads. What the everlasting fudgenuggest, right? It's so awesome.

Thank you all for reading <3 Remember to vote and comment, much appreciated!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

337K 10.1K 12
Donnie, the sought after jock who had it all, and Derek, the alluring bad boy who seemed to be going nowhere fast. An unlikely, and, well, unfriendly...
533K 24.1K 22
When life separates Gavin and Zane at the young age of 6, they're both devastated for each losing their best friend. But life's cruel game didn't en...
168K 3K 19
When two boys who've hated each other since youth share a dorm room, things are bond to happen, mistakes are bond to be made and sparks are bond to f...
6.7K 246 40
[COMPLETED] Meet Jacob and Theodore, the polar opposites within a tight-knit circle of the most esteemed members of society. Jacob's the laid-back an...