Treat You Better

By Jadey6688

Part 1 of the "Treat You Better" series "I can treat you way better than him." "Him? You mean your little bro... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.

16.

4.2K 84 17
By Jadey6688

Race day and the school is hyped. Everyone is talking about the race from what they are going to wear to who they are going to bet on and at the moment everyone is betting on Lucas to win apart from Sam and all of his asshole friends. They are once again talking about how Lucas is all talk, even though he has already beat Sam and will probably beat him again tonight.

"Listen to those douchebags, they don't know a thing about Luke or his skills." Ashley said complaining to us while we are eating lunch.

"I know right, they are just trying to cushion their ego because they know they are going to lose." Tyler said through his teeth, fist clenching on the table. The last time I saw him this angry was the night he won that award, luckily, we made up after that quite quickly but I he hasn't been that angry since.

"Luke could drive circles around those guys, literally." Ashley said. "They have no idea what they are in for."

"Just ignore them," I sighed putting a forkful of salad in my mouth, "They're not worth it."

"I'm going to say something." Tyler said going to stand up.

"No, you're not." I said, trying to stop him as quickly as I could. Unfortunately, I couldn't and he was already behind me talking to them.

"You douchebags can say what you want but my brother is still going to kick your ass tonight." Tyler said crossing his arms.

"You seem so sure of that." Sam said coming face to face with Tyler.

"I'd put money on it." Tyler retorted. "If anyone is 'all talk', it's you assholes." I sat there in complete silence and shock just watching what was unfolding right in front of me. I held my breath waiting for Sam's response but choked on it when I saw it. Sam scoffed and swung for Tyler, catching his jaw. Tyler bounced back and put his hands-on Sam's shoulders, pushing him back onto the table- next Michael and Joe came behind Tyler and pulled him off, socking him in the stomach.

"Oh my god!" I screamed attempting to peel the boys off him. With one last kick Tyler was on the floor, with me by his side- blood seeping through his teeth and dripping out of his nose. By now the teachers had come to see what was going on, fucking finally. They called us all into the principal's office, obviously we couldn't say anything about the race because then the school would know and shut it down, so it looked like Tyler came and provoked them but Sam threw the first punch and that was all that mattered to them. Tyler didn't go unpunished though- detention, which is lucky considered what had happened. The boys have detention for the next month, personally I think that is too lenient but I am biased.

I decided to take Tyler home and clean him up, I told the principal that it would be for the best since the Tyler was still vulnerable and the school nurse wouldn't have done anything anyways. I lay him down on his bed and stripped him down to his underwear, I ventured downstairs into the first aid kit and grabbed a few things before running back upstairs to my idiot of a boyfriend. I placed one ice pack on his abdomen and another on his jaw, he hissed in pain but I could honestly care less at the moment.

"You're an idiot, you know that, right?" I said cleaning the blood off his chin and face.

"I couldn't sit there listening to them talk shit about Luke." Tyler mumbled, groaning in pain.

"Why do you always defend him?" I asked.

"Because he is my brother." Tyler answered.

"That's bullshit, why are you so devoted to him, even after all the crap he has put you through?" It has astounded me ever since Lucas got back, even though he is the typical big brother and has tormented Tyler since day one, Tyler is so dedicated and committed to protect him.

"He would do the same for me." I closed my eyes and sighed, I'd like to believe it but I wasn't so sure.

"You were outnumbered." I mumbled.

"He would do the same for me." Tyler repeated. I sighed and handed him some aspirin and some water. He took it quickly and then lay back down closing his eyes.

"What the fuck happened to you?" Lucas asked, standing in the doorframe.

"I fell down the stairs at school." Tyler lied, I couldn't look at Lucas, I'm pretty sure if I did he would see the shock on my face; I would've thought that Tyler would've told Lucas he got the shit kicked out of him, that way they could both face them together, but no. I guess not.

"Well aren't you the dumbass." Lucas laughed. "I'll pick up some ice cream for you, idiot." I gave Lucas a weird look, he never ceased to surprise me, he walked away and when I heard the front door shut I hit Tyler softly on the chest.

"Ow, what the fuck Riles?" He shouted.

"Why did you lie?" I asked.

"I didn't want him getting involved." Tyler admitted, I shook my head and lightly hit him again.

"You have turned into a completely different person now that he is home." I stated.

"No, I haven't, you just haven't seen me around my brother." Tyler retorted.

"Tyler, you are a completely different person." I protested. "Before he came home I have never heard you raise your voice, over the last two months you have scared the shit out of me twice with how angry you can get. It's not just that either, you throw parties, you are supporting his illegal activities and most importantly you are getting into fights. This isn't you Ty."

"Whatever Riley." Tyler said turning onto his side.

It was time to go back to the track again, accept this time everyone and their dog were here to see this re-match. They really marketed the crap out of this, I guess it was so they could get more money for the betting system. I squinted my eyes to try and see the board where the bets were and they were high- a lot of people thought that Lucas was going to win- which is reassuring, at least people had faith in him but it's got to put loads of pressure on him.

"Wow." Ashley gazed in awe at the number of people who have turned up.

"I know, Luke is going to be famous." Tyler said, he was still in a bit of pain from earlier but luckily not too much. "Thanks for not telling Luke by the way." I take it he was talking about the fight, he made sure to text Ashley before she could see Lucas giving her his bullshit version of what happened.

"Not telling me what?" Lucas walked in slinging his arm around Ashley and putting his hand on Tyler's shoulder.

"Nothing." She said kissing him on the lips. "Be careful out there okay?"

"I'm always careful." Lucas said. "I've got to go get ready, see you all later." Once Lucas had left I decided to try and talk him out of this crap again.

"I'm going to get a drink." I said, starting to walk off in the same direction Lucas did. I snuck into the same white tent that it always up at these stupid things and found him once again sat there holding his helmet in one hand and a beer in another.

"Save your breath." Lucas said putting his helmet down and swallowing his beer.

"Lucas please." I said sitting down in front of him.

"I don't care what you say Riley I am going out there." Lucas responded. I sighed and leaned forward.

"Please, for Tyler."

"Tyler?" He was confused.

"Do you really think he fell down the stairs at school today?" I asked, "He didn't, he got the shit kicked out of him for defending your honour. Now for some fucked up reason, he admires you, looks up to you." Lucas looked down at the floor, clenching his fists making his knuckles go white. I sighed and moved closer, sitting on the edge of the seat.

"I'm begging you Lucas, don't do it." I squeaked.

"I'm racing Riley and that's the end of it." Lucas stood up and started to make his way to the exit.

"Luke!" I shouted, thinking this might get his attention, he turned and faced me. "Please." I begged. He marched his way over, fast and breathless, smacking his lips into mine and holding my face between his hands. After a few seconds I pulled away, our foreheads touching.

"I'm sorry." He whispered and then he was gone, leaving me standing there with a lump in my throat and defeat all over my features.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I whispered to myself, voice cracking a little. I stepped out of the tent and sluggishly walked over to a stand and picked up a few beers, not before taking a few shots for myself- something to take the edge off.

I walked back over to Tyler and Ashley and handed them their drinks, they were ready and the race was about to start. It seemed just like the others, everything seemed normal and Lucas was in the lead. All of a sudden there was a huge noise and the crowd started to roar, Sam was knocking into the back of Lucas' car, trying to steer him off course. I held my breath for the second time today, as did Ashley- which made me feel a little bit weird, it was almost like a reminder of the reality. It seemed like Lucas and I were a part of a completely different universe when we were alone, we forget that I have a boyfriend and he has a girlfriend, both who mean an awful lot to each other- what the ever-loving fuck is wrong with us. I shook my head of the thought and went back to watching the raise. After the doubt that maybe Lucas wasn't going to make it, he won. The crowd celebrating while Sam threw a tantrum about losing ten grand.

After about thirty minutes, Lucas finally made his way back to us, Ashley greeting him with a kiss. They all talked about how crazy the race was and how much of a 'close call' it was. I didn't care, all I could think about was the kiss and how even after my best efforts Lucas still left me there all alone. I'm not just mad, I'm upset- I feel defeated in a way I have never felt before and I can't quite explain the feeling or why I am feeling that way.

"I'm pretty tired, I'm going to go wait in the car." I mumbled, looking Lucas straight in the eye and walking away. Opening the car door and sitting down, shutting it and letting the soft hum of the radio drown everything away.

A/N

So here is another chapter, I hope you enjoy it.

~Jadey6688

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

644 45 11
"The fuck are you doing", He says annoyed I sink my teeth into my bottom lip as I lie there and he kisses his teeth, "Don't piss me off. Let me hear...
1.7K 75 7
What would you do if your boyfriend broke up with you for someone else? Even worse. She is that girl. Popular, shallow and horribly perfect. The one...
17.3K 426 18
"𝗜 𝘀𝘂𝗴𝗴𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘄𝗮𝘁𝗰𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘁𝘆 𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗵 𝗼𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗹𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗼 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗜 𝗳𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗻'...
204K 7K 66
❝ I'm just as broken as you are ❞ When Thea Nightingale enters her senior year she didn't expect to see the boy who had died over a month ago in the...