Project Blackthorne

By DavidHoffman629

There was a scary group once upon a time called Torchwood in the Empire. Then there is Project Blackthorne in... More

Project Blackthorne
Chapter 2 Eye Opener
Chapter 3 Start of a New Day????
Chapter 4 Standing On The Edge
Chapter 5 Meeting The Crew of Misfits
Chapter 6 The Winds Of Change Are Dangerous
Chapter 7 Running Through Time
Chaptter 9 The Rift Holds Many Strange Things.
Chapter 10 The Rift is a Hopping.
Chapter 11 The Rift Gives It's All
Chapter 12 Is The Rift's Past Our Future?
Chapter 13 The Past Will Find the Rift.
Chapter 14 To Chase the Lightening Rider's
Chapter 15 All Hands Inside Till The Ride Comes Too A Complete Stop.
Chapter 16 Who said "Work Couldn't Be Hazardous Too Your Health?"
Chapter 17 Running towards the Finish Eyes Closed.
Chapter 18 One Curvy Rabbit Hole
Chapter 19 Two Points Converging With A Bang!
Chapter 20 A New Home A New Life?
Chapter 21 Can Crap Roll Up Hill?
Chapter 22 The Rift Slices Real Deep
Chapter 23 "The Rift Is Always Ready Are You?"
Chapter 24 "The Rift Grows Wide and Strong."

Chapter 8 Doors openning Can Be Dangerious.

59 0 0
By DavidHoffman629

"What the Hell are we suppose too be looking for?" Willis asked his partner Harris from his position about ten foot away on the side of a dusty desert highway. They were out in the middle of freaking nowhere with nothing but heat waves, scrubs and cactus as far as the eye could see. The black top highway stretched off into the distance father than the normal eye could see. Harris the senior of the pair of mercenaries but not by much simply shrugged his shoulders noncommittally. "Orders are too stop anyone and everyone check them out and report anything of interest." Harris patted his Glock 9 mm feeling the reassuring weight under his right arm. Harris and Willis were two of a twenty four member team that had been directed to this location. They were one of six other four men teams positioned in a grid circle around a site they were only given digital coordinates too and no other information. Their orders were at least simple too deal with. "Stop EVERYTHING!" was what Will Riker had yelled over the phone too Harris the last time they had spoken. Harris right hand touched his ear piece. "Fallon and Sikes report." Harris ordered. They were stationed about a half click on either side of the interstate out in the desert stretching even farther on either side of the road. "All the Hell I see is fucking sand and damn jack rabbits." Fallon grumbled into his mic from his position on the right hand side of the road looking deeper into the desert. "Keep it tight! That's an order." Harris shot back slapping Fallon into his place. "We are getting paid quite well to do a job. Let's do it right and get it done." Harris let it stand at that bringing his attention back too the road. He wasn't exactly in the mood too be sweating his ass off in the middle of a freaking desert. But the thought that this wasn't exactly the worst desert heat that he had faced made him smile even as he continued too sweat. He had a feeling that they were in for some boring long hours to sweat off a few pounds with nothing of too much interest to pop up way out here. The only exceptions being two buzzards, one lone hawk and the occasional tips of a pair of rabbits ears trying too figure out what these strange beings were doing out in this desert.

Jim Donovan, Hannibal Sikes and Bryan Holts were in one Toyota Land Cruiser heading for the site near the Rift where the ship had landed. Sam Tyler, Luther Tonaka and Kiran Lively were following close behind in a second Land Cruiser. "Mother," Jim spoke straight up yet everyone in the following car could hear everything he was saying. "What kind of movement have the satellites picked up sense we've touched down?" Mother had found an abandoned flat sandy strip too set the C141 Statlifter down on so as not too attract too themselves. There was only a heartbeat of a pause before Mother called back but there was the added plus of an LCD monitor on the dash which showed Mother smiling back at everyone. "There was a Gulfstream 7 that landed at another private air field in the last twenty minutes. They have already placed a grid around the perimeter of the crash site in under fifteen minutes of the Gulfstream touching down. So you may face a slight bit of resistance when you try too get up close withe the anomaly. From what I can gather from available satellite images about four miles from the mountain range you should see looming up in the distance as you continue heading east. Some kind of small one man craft can be view being disassemble as we speak." The satellite area view showed a group of what looked like worked ants dismantling a dead carcass but was in fact a group of technicians carefully taking the small craft apart loading the parts into the backs of three large Hummer trucks.

"What about the local police and the White Sands Army base? Surely they are scrambling something too see what's going on out there." Sam queried of Mother from the passenger seat of her Land cruiser. Mother smiled nodding as she spoke. "White Sands is having a problem with a number of strange fire alarms across the whole base. Cannon Air base west of Clovis is having a problem finding their aviation fuel. Holloman Air base west of Alamogordo is on base lock down cause they keep receiving a message that Air Force One is wanting too land at their base ASAP. Kirtland Air Base has the possibility too be a problem but their satellite guidance systems in all available flight equipment is down for the moment." Sam nodded approvingly to Mother already starting to like how this outfit handled itself so far. "But I have just intercepted a communication from one of the teams. I am sending the co ordinance to all of you. They seem too have ran across someone in the desert of interest." Mother seemed to be reading something off another monitor. "They have sent word too Riker who is in route to their position. But as it stands right at the moment. All of you are closer than Riker own present position. So if you get a move on you may beat Riker and his heavily armed crew and get too whomever it is roaming around the desert."

Jim spied the monitor as Mother showed them the location as in relation too their progress. "Sam do you see this?" He asked. Sam in her position in the passenger seat could see that in fact they were closer. "Jim , you head on too the crash site. I will head in the direction Mother has sent us where she thinks our wayward visitor might be roaming." Sam turned too Luther who was in the drivers seat. "Take the next left. We are going too need to go off road for a bit." Luther grinned nodding his understanding. "We are about too split the peak. " Luther smiled as he rung the steering wheel of the Land Cruiser to the left as a narrow wind blown dirt track suddenly appears between some cactus. Sam Tyler and Kiran Lively both had too grab hold on the nearest object they could find so as not too be thrown too the floor board. Jim Donovan's gentle laugh could be heard in Sam's ear. "I forgot too tell you. Luther Tonaka has a bit of a kamikaze in him when he's driving." Hannibal let loose with a deep belly laugh but between gasps for air he was able too say. "Hence why he is driving your team my Friend." Sam raised an eyebrow towards the viewer then looked back towards Kiran who had a rather ashen look on her face. Her right hand shook violently as the landcruiser went off road. Her right held a strip of bubblegum but it took more than half dozen tries before the bubblegum ever reached her lips. When she noticed Sam looking her way she proffered Sam a stick of gum.. "It helps some." Was all Kiran could speak as the cruise continued too buck and roll down the aandy strip. Sam shook her head negative then cinched her seat belt up a little tighter as she looked back forward down the trail they were now headed hoping beyond all hope that this crazy Asian stunt driver didn't drop them unceremoniously into a raven.

Mean while back around the crash site. Everything seemed too be progressing like clockwork. Every member was working feverishly trying too make everything disappear before any troublesome agency comes snoopy around. The crew needed too keep working quietly without incident. Fallon was more concerned with Mr Riker suddenly making an appearance. Heads would roll if anyone dropped the ball even for a second so everything needed too continue running smoothly. Fallon swore several curse words under his breath as something flashed across the lens of his sunglasses. They were actually a wearable computer able too communicate and link up with a number of known and secret satellite owned by Singer International. They were tied in too a satellite link flying over at this particular moment giving Fallon a clear view of the target area. "I have movement!" Fallon called out in a terse voice over his throat mic. Harris snapped too attention scanning all around his position with the naked eye as nothing had moved in the area with the exception of one freaking jack rabbit in the past fifteen minutes. "OK, OK Fallon then how about giving us a freaking description of exactly what the fuck you see you Moron!" Harris shot back at Fallon his Glock 9mm already in hand ready too go. He signaled Willis with his free left hand to arm up and get ready too move in Fallon's direction. "I have a lone figure moving in a northern direction." Fallon replied. "He is sporting a pack looks too be a hiker most likely. But I'm moving his way as we speak." Harris pulled out his hand held PDA which showed a topographical map of their exact location. He wasn't wild about Singers sunglasses communicators. He believed in the old ways feeling that no lackey in Singer Inc could hear or see what he alone was doing at any given time of the day. Harris looked down too his pda and saw four red blips showing the same exact location of the four man team in and around his position. Fallon's blip was moving on the east side of the road heading in a northward direction. This little tidbit of information told Harris that whoever Fallon had eyes on at this very moment was heading towards the nearest populated area. This told Harris that whoever Fallon was watching also had a specific destination in mind which made Harris want too know exactly where he was headed. This info fit all the terms of engagement that Riker had given each team to a tee. Harris could see that Sikes was making his way towards the road from the west side of the desert. Willis was already at the edge of the rood about ten foot away from Harris with binoculars in hand looking eastward trying too spy Fallon's target. "I have Fallon in site." Willis voice broke over coms to Harris. "I can also see what Fallon has eyes on. It's a alone figure making tracks across the desert at a rather damn fast clip. I'm betting we are looking at an ordinary desert hiker." Harris snorted at Willis summation. Harris knew all too well that no situation he had ever faced up too this date with a fair number of operations for Singer Inc was that simply cut and dry. There was always something in that frame of thinking most usually came around too bite you on the ass. "Sikes , stay on your side of the road but stay close too the pavement. Willis and I will move in with Fallon and assess the situation. If anything moves on that road I want you too yell out fast." Harris nodded too Willis "When Riker appears point him in our direction if we haven't returned before then." Harris yelled over his shoulder as they both moved out on foot in the last known direction of their squad member Fallon.

"Mother , Have you hear anything else from the detail that we are presently heading towards?" Sam called out still holding tight too the dashboard. The Toyota Land Cruiser was quite plush inside but the manic oriental surfer dude known as Luther looked like a cross country driver watching the road taking turns tight keeping too the sandy wide trail they were following. "I have had some chatter on a military secure frequency. They have said too have seen a hiker going across the desert. They are making their way towards the hiker as we speak. I can't get anything on our satellite as the next one want be in range of the area for the next six minutes. " Sam Tyler looked towards Kiran. "I am guessing it is safe too say we have heavy guns on board for back up if we should need them." Kiran smiled a crooked little knowing smile. "Yes, ma'am. We have enough heavy fire power too take on armor tanks if that is the situation we find ourselves in." Kiran's British accent was light and airy but from the way she spoke Sam knew that Kiran meant business. Cou "We also have the capabilities to launch an aerial drone when we get within a good distance of our objective." Sam had covertly looked up Kiran Gillans service record. She was former SAS British special forces with a very distinguish service record Sam could almost be envies of. Kiran had the prudence too strap herself tightly into her seat typing away at some keys on a hand held tablet she held onto for dear life. We can launch a drone airborne once this crazy Asian slows down too light speed." "Noted, be prepare too launch on my call." Sam added nodding approvingly still holding a very impressed look on her face. Throughout Sam's career in the Army her teams had access to a fair amount of neat toys that those in the command structure meaded out from time too time. More than not these same toys helped her and her team stay alive. But Sam had a deep down happy feeling that she was going too like the toys she was going too be playing with now with Blackthorne a whole hell of a lot more. Any edge what so ever when it came too a life or death situation was a good edge too have when dealing with an unknown hostile. Those unknown hostiles were seeming too be upping their nasty little collective game like none Sam had ever confronted before. Your standard terrorist networks now seemed like a kindergarten class compared too what is rolling out of these anomalies. "You should be coming into sight of your tango's any second now." Mother called out over the coms bringing Sam back too the here and now. Sam surveyed the terrain ahead of them trying too catch a glimpse of anything or anybody of interest. Luckily for them the vegetation was about shoulder high with only the occasional cactus too block their line of sight.

Jim Donovan , Hannibal Sikes and Brian Holts pulled up slowly on the landing site where the satellite pinpointed where the alien craft had landed coming through the Rift. Much to Jim's dismay and the rest of his crew there already were a fair amount of Riker's mercenary team strolling around the landing site. The cleaning crew techs worked like mad ants nearly having the entire alien craft disassembled down too the bottom base of the craft. Brian had pulled up about a quarter mile from the site so they could take a safe look from a distance. Hannibal looked like a clown climbing out the passenger back seat of a micro clown car. A rather large and equally imtimating sniper rifle rested in his arms. A 408 CheyTac Sniper rifle was a site too behold accurate in every aspect of its killing potential. This mean little baby had a 2500 meter plus effective kill range. The barrel was a nice 29 inches with a 1:13 twist down the barrel with a eight inch silencer and suppressor at the end. Adjustable trigger with a carbon fiber Chassis and a bipod stand with a 7 round mag making this a very flexible silent killer. All these little refinements bought the sniper rifle in at a healthy 21 pounds but in Hannibal's hands making it look like a tinker toy pop pistol in his massive meaty paws. Hannibal brought the weapon up too bare but by the way he was holding it both his team mates knew Hannibal was using the scope as a sight accessing the crash site in front of the them. "I can see up too eight tango's in my line of sight armed with MP 5 light machine guns." Hannibal spoke sighting down the line. "Do you see anything of Riker or any other sign of transportation?" Jim asked trying too scan around the area to see anything else out of the ordinary. Hannibal shook his head as he lowered the rifle then closed the caps over each end of the scope. "There are two lugnuts are all I see down there that are in our line of access in the immediate area of the techs. The rest of the boogie man team must be securing the perimeter. There isn't visible means of transportation that I can see there either. So that tells me with so little of the space craft left too take apart they must be waiting on a second round of transports too finish out their little excavation operation."

"Mother ,Have we got satellite back anywhere close on the immediate area just yet?" Jim called not liking the idea that Riker was not here on the immediate site proper. That meant he was an unknown variate that made Jim Donovans trigger fingers itch terribly which was a sure indicator that there was too be some heavy gun play in the possible future. "Control says the nearest satellite will be in range in the next minute thirty seconds." She called back. "I'll look too see where all the teams are when the satellite lights up." Jim looked back over towards Hannibal. "We can't go in guns ablazing. So I wonder who's going too hoof it down there and take them out as semi humanely as possible?" Jim asked more rhetorically than giving an out right order. Hannibal carrfilly placed the sniper rifle back into the Land Cruiser in its custom fitted case like it was a newborn baby going back into its crib to go too sleep. Hannibal paused there for a second digging around elsewhere in the suv then slowly stood back up producing a nice compact alien looking automatic shotgun. At first glance the untrained eye would mistake the weapon in Hannibal Sikes hands as a variation of an AR 15 assault rifle. Which for the most part would have been half right as the lower breach half was exactly that an AR-15. The upper receiver end was the RAS -12 which equipped it too make the AR-15 a tactical shotgun for Law Enforcement as they were packing plenty of AR-15's in these trying times of violence today. Every two bit gangbanger used too pray and spray with a compact Mac 10 automatic pistol. Now the gangs and drug cartels believe more now in accuracy than shear volume of lead when it came too killing these days. The military applications were just as good especially in the case of close quarters combat. A soldier's ability to clear a building safely of all hidden tangos safely and exspediately meant the different of life or death in every instance of round the globe content. Jim knew a little secret that the untrained would have missed even faster. The RAS-12 shotgun was a very deadly looking weapon especially with the deadly array of different ammo's that the shotgun could carry. Jim also knew quite well that Hannibal had this one loaded with rubber bullet rounds and beanbags in alternate intervals in the magazine. This little cocktail of ammo was perfect for the occasion at hand at this moment. "I'm suspecting that you intent too make tracks to Sam's Team too back them up." Hannibal stated more than questioned as it was the thing he would have done in Jim's imediate present situation. Jim nodded affirmative already having come too that conclusion. "I know you'll control the site and wait for the rest of our clean up team which should be here within fifteen or so minutes." Hannibal gave Jim a wave as he gripped the RAS-12 starting off at a trot in the remaining downed craft's present direction. Jim Donovan watched Hannibal go through the brush blending in far better than anyone thought I possible for a man bear size that Hannibal was. Jim kept an eye on Hannibal till he was out of site then climbed back into the Toyota with Brain Holt still at the wheel ready too go at a split seconds notice. Brian from the driver's seat looked over too Jim. "I could back up Hannibal if you wanted me too?" Brian had a tendency too feel left out of the action that he found himself in from time too time. Jim shook his head motioning for Brian to hit it heading back into the direction they had firmly came only seconds before. "Hannibal will be fine. I'll be the one who needs backing up as we blaze a trail for what Riker's team might possible find out there. I have one of those bad feelings that the shit is going too hit the fan with whatever they encounter. "

Harris and Willis double timed till they were next too Fallon in a matter of less than two minutes. Harris eased up too Fallon's right side while Willis took the left. Fallon kept his attention sighting through the range scope in his sunglasses at their target. But he knew full well that Harris and Willis were at his side. "What do we still have?" Harris asked straight up his MP-5 full auto weapon held in both hands ready for action. Fallon handed off too his right hand side the range scope pointing in a northern direction. "He's wearing a red plaid shirt jeans and backpack but the fedora makes him an easy target." Harris took the scope then sighted in the direction that Fallon was pointing. Harris was on the target in a matter of seconds. At first glance Harris would have written off this target as a simple hiker or maybe even just some old prospector out at his secret mine bringing back gems or some other type of precious metal. Harris could have even thought this one could be one of those survivalist that loved roughing it out here in the hundred ten degree heat that was the most probable. But some about the way this Hiker was moving across the desert floor made Harris think of a track star moving across the pavement. This dude was moving way too fast for the heat out here as well as the terrain. Harris and the rest of the team were pretty fit but the heat out here was working hard on everyone. Sweat poured out of every member at a very alarming rate. "Fallon , moved in on the targets right side. Willis , move in from behind. I'll haul ass and get in front of him. He should freeze in his tracks but whatever you do try too wound not kill. Riker is due here anytime." Harris handed the scope back too Fallon who packed it away in his battle vest. "Let's move out." Harris ordered as they moved out in their given directions silent as rattle snakes.

Alexic was making good time across the desert floor. His new human form was taking the heat but his inner body felt like he was walking across the face of the sun. Alexic knew that he would have too find some shade before long but it was equally important that Alexic get too Tristen with the important information he was carrying. A faint rustling sound sent a shiver up Alexic back when he heard it. He focused all his inner senses telling him that human's were closing in on his position from three different directions. Alexic was moving through an area where the scrub brush was reasonably high but out of the corner of his right he could just back a human figure moving too get ahead of him very close. His grip tighten on the straps of his backpack but his inner body began gathering all available energy in case a fight ensued. His born could gather energy from any organic from the surroundings he found himself in. He also could do the same thing from the human forms trying too surround and trap him. Alexic never had too use this bodily function on his home world as everyone on his home of Alter were all peace loving people. Hence the attack from off worlders who wanted Alter for its resources made this function quite handy at times. With enough Alterians together they could collective drain energy from an entire battalion if that were the need at hand. Alexic was able too make another tenth of a mile when a rather large looking gentleman walked into his path from out of the thick brush. Alexic stopped short to keep at least twenty or more feet distance between himself and the stranger. He glanced over his shoulder too see another gentleman only slightly less built but decked out in the same dress as the one standing in front of Alexic's path. "Good Day sir." Harris spoke up smiling at Alexic his hand holding what Alexic suspected was a weapon up high sighting down the barrel in a ready fire position. Alexic knew this opponent was standing in this position too intimate Alexic. But he had face even more dangerous opponents far too many times too be afraid of anyone holding a weapon on him. through his senses. Alexic could reasonably disarm this opponent with relative ease but the other two friends of this guy were the wild card factor for Alexic. The guy in front of Alexic would be an easy take down. The one behind would take a little effort too disarm but still reasonably easy. The third opponent had yet too show himself too Alexic which bothered him stretching out his senses too no avail. So that was the only thing saving that opponent being not within easy reach of Alexic. The Elders did at least pack Alexica few weapons in the backpack but he had hoped too make it out too his important meet without drawing any unfavorable attention. Fallon who was at Alexic's back slowly began moving towards him his weapon identical too Harris staying low too stay hidden at least for the moment anyway.

"Listen Friend," Harris called from his position in front of Alexic drawing his attention back towards him. "We aren't here too hurt you. We are just concerned citizen's here too protect you from unwanted attention. We want too see some identification." Harris tried too smile seeming as friendly as a rattle snake but Alexic had no problem what so ever guessing that these humans were trouble from the moment he sensed them encircling onto his position. "Look, just let me pass and all will be fine." Alexic spoke evenly trying too sound like a normal person just out for a leisurely stoll as was possible. "The guns lend a rather opposite effect of what you just said." Alexic added trying too find a way out of this situation before it got any worst than it already was. Willis appeared on Alexis left coming out from behind a formation of rocks. This meant Alexic was hemmed in on three sides now but reaching out with his sense Alexic also could see that someone else new was off too his right close too the road. That had too be the mystery opponent. Alexic sighed as yet another group suddenly appeared in his senses. They were coming in behind the others that were already here positionedaround him. Alexic had not been prepared for a fight as he was here only too contact Tristian and then let him infor the humanoid's of the trouble that was very soon coming their way. All Alexic wanted too do was acomplish his mission then bolt back too his home world Alter. But he could only assume that this obstacle was going too be a problem so if a fight was too be a must then Alexic was ready too defend himself. The information he carried meant the life or death of all of those here on Earth. So nothing what so ever was going too stand in Alexic way. Harris was about too give another order when a rather strikingly good looking woman appeared out of the blue walking directly towards Alexic putting herself in the line of fire with Harris too her back. Neither Alexic nor the group had seen where or even when this vision appeared before them. She smiled a warm friendly smile as she walked up right in front of Alexic blocking Harris' view behind her. "There you are!" Sam Tyler spoke with a frantic but happy edge too her voice. "We've been looking all over the desert for you." Sam turned too face Harris a worried look on her face as if she had been fantically looking for a lost puppy. "Thank You Gentlemen very much for finding my Uncle Si. He walks out here a lot and loses all track of time way too often." Sam turned back too face Alexic shaking a concerned finger at him. "Uncle Si , its your niece Samatha. Lets make our way back too the car and head home right this minute. Sam smiled waving at the other two still holding a weapon on Alexic and her now from the back." Sam reached out a hand too Alexic who's senses told him that this new comer was a friend not here with the others. Akexic easily sensed that this new coming was in no way here too hurt him like the other three weapon toting humans. Alexic sensed more movement around their position enclosing another circle around Alexic. The desert floor was starting too become a very crowded place all of a sudden. "But who is this Uncle Si that you keep speaking of?" Alexis finally had too ask Sam a queer very look on his face. Harris smiled back at Sam as she turned to face him hoping but knowing Harris had heard every blasted world. The MP5 was still trained on Sam but she hated more the infuriating smile Harris had on his face than the weapon being pointed at her. Her face broke 8nto a light friendly smile as she spoke. "The Doctor always warns him that too much sun makes him become confused and disoriented. " "I don't think this is your Uncle Si. So why don't you move along and let us big Boys do what we need too do." Harris broke in before Sam could say another word then let the smile slowly drain from his face in the hopes of scaring Samatha off. But Harris stopped up short tensing up when something steely cold touched the back of his bare and soon too be very sunburned neck. "She said that was Uncle Si, mate." Kiran chirped into Harris ear in her sweet British voice. "So why don't you tell your friends across the way there too drop their collective hardware on the ground and too be quick about it or your brains are going too go sailing across the desert floor. Please be a peach and not litter the pretty sand with so little bran matter I'm quite sure you can't spare." Kiran added lightly patting the barrel of her pistol against the back of Harris neck too emphasize each word as she said them.

"We are here too help you." Sam told Alexic in a low voice over her shoulder too Alexic slash Uncle Si. Then she turned back too face Harris. "I haven't known my friend Kiran very long mind you but I would advise that you listen too her very carefully. She means exactly what she says." Harris nodded but still held the MP5 in hand ready too use it in an instant. "Kiran Lively , I know of you." Harris spoke calmly trying not too twitch with the barrel of whatever weapon was still pointed at the back of his neck. "You on the other hand I haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet." Harris looked at Sam trying not too move his neck as Kiran held her Berretta 9mm tight against his head. He could easily chop this female intruder but he didn't want too chance hitting his prize standing behind her. Let alone that the automatic weapon pointed at his neck would ventilate the base of his brain with a single twitch from Miss Lively. "I know who that is." Fallon spoke up out of the blue interrupt Harris from his position to the back of Alexic and Sam. Harris waited a raised questioning eyebrow waiting for Fallon too spill the freaking beans with his sudden insight into the name of this troublesome female. "So who the fucking Hell is she for Pete sake's?" Harris growled out at Fallon who was far too slow in his train of thought process. A gift ball going through the window of a house had a fast train of thought than that idiot Fallon. Harris made a quick mental note too ask Riker once they were clear of this mess asking for permission too put a bullet in Fallon freaking pea size brain. "At the time we met it was Lieutenant Samatha Tyler. But if memory serves you made it too Captain after your mission into the African belt on that rescue mission of the Doctor's Without Borders crew." Fallon look to Sam a look of admiration on his face. "I was member of the South African Ranger's that was part of your team." Fallon nodded in salute knowing better than to raise a hand risking the chance of get shot but not by the second set of players that had popped up. Sam turned around glancing too Fallon nodding back at him with her own salute. Carefully Sam then turned back too Harris. "Look there is no need for this to go side ways. Let Uncle Si come along with us and all will be fine." Sam advised but even from the distance between them she could tell from the look in Harris eyes that was not going too happen today. "So you are a member of Project Blackthorne," Harris stated the fact he already assumed. "My advise is for you and your British dike friend behind me here to walk off into the desert together with yourself and leave Uncle Si with us." Harris shot back with how he expected things to go exact and directly too the point. Kiran didn't take too kindly to being called a dike. She leaned in pressing the Berretta 9mm even harder into the back of Harris neck causing him too yelp with pain. "My advice is for you is too watch your mouth there, Yank!" Kiran warned in a deep deadly voice. "Look!" Harris yelled moving his neck slightly away from the point of Kiran's Barretta trying too get some feeling back into it again. "I have someone out there in the desert that has you three in his sights. My advice is that you both drop your weapons or I'll order him too take you both out. Then Uncle Si will come with us one way or the other. " Harris sneered feeling that he was holding the trump card against these two seemingly frail female's. There was a thump which sounded from a rise on the desert floor about twenty five yards away from their position. "I don't think you have all the favored cards there in your position Dude." Luther Tonaka spoke as he stepped into view a broad smile on his face dragging Willis by the right foot unconscious out into the open all eyes turning towards him. Luther released Willis when he was about five yards away. He stepped into the group his hand causally resting on the hilt of his sword. Even in the black battle suit Luther Tonaka wore he still looked like a deadly samurai from old Japan.

Sam Tyler turned back too Alexic. "Look, I think its safe too say you are from that craft that my friend's are already inspecting. We are here too help you in anyway we can. A far cry more help than these gentlemen here will help you." Sam turned back to Harris who's eyes were glaring back at Sam. "Like I said member's of my team are already at the site. You can call William Riker and tell him that you have lost on both counts." Sam wanted too piss Harris off in hope that he would spill a little information on his team as well as the location of the elusive Mister Riker. She was surprised that Harris did exactly that. "Bitch, you are in way over your head. We have teams all around the area. So you and your team are screwed. Who the Hell ever this Dude is." Harris shot a look towards Alexic." He aren't getting out of here in any other way than with us."

Luther Tonaka and Kiran Lively exchanged glances waiting too see how Sam Tyler was going to reply too all that. Before Sam could utter another single word Alexic stepped forward gently placing his long fingered hand on Sam's right forearm. Sam felt like the world around her froze into place in the blink of an eye. Everyone in the immediate area seemed too have frozen in place either the exception of Alexic himself. Her surroundings changed gradually to Alexic who was now in his former body like when he first walked into that cave. "Who are you?" he asked in a soft gentle voice. Sam stared at Alexic taking in his alien form. His eyes were a bright crystal blue his skin was a soft blue hue to in and of itself. If his alien form Sam found there were no straight forward actual phyiscal characteristics to tell whether Alexic was a male or female. No hair too speak of his brows were prominate but still Sam could only venture a guess. "My name is Sam Tyler. I am a member of a team know as Blackthorne. We are a group here to help those that come through the anomalies that need help." Alexic nodded affirmative. It's actually a portal than any kind of anomaly." It wasn't hard for Sam's mind which should have been a little more shocked too notice that he was speaking to her through his mind almost exactly the way Donovan had when they first got too the cargo plane. But even the strangest things were becoming quite the norm too Sam as time progressed. He spoken up again. "Where I am from they call me Alexic. I have heard mention of your Blackthorne group. The Elders say that your group is friendly too all who pass through the portals. " Sam was only mildly surprised that from which ever galaxy Alexic was from that he could possibly have heard of Blackthorne.

"I hate to be rude. But we need too be getting out of here." Sam advised Alexic still looking too make sure everyone in both crews were still frozen with exception of Alexic and Sam. "These chucklehead's have reinforcement's on the way so it would be in all our best interests too get the Hell out of here." Sam wanted to say something too Kiran or Luther having even tried too contact them through their own mind meld connect. But they were silent still frozen into their perspective places. Sam wished deadly too contact Mothet on the plane and get an update on the enemy where abouts but she too was silent as the night. That glow of light that Alexic had back at the cave flashed to life enveloping both her and him. Sam was taken aback a little as she found herself able too look into Alexic mind. She could see two suv's burning up the road heading to their position a lot faster than Sam would have liked. Sam didn't have too venture too far a guess that Will Riker was among the crew of baddie's heading their way. "Alexic , what you have just shown me means we are due for a whole load of trouble any minute now . I need too get you and my friend's away from here as quickly as possible so no one gets hurts." Sam pleads with Alexic who nods his head then snaps his fingers bringing the entire world back into live action. It took Sam a few hearts too get her bearings back but she could see Luther and Kiran were completely unfrozen now. "Luther take Alexic here and get back too the car. Keep then engine running till we get there. Kiran and I will take care of these gentlemen till you are out of site." Harris head twitched as a voice sounded inside his own head. "This is William Riker. Hold whoever you have with extreme prejudice as we are in route to your location" Will Riker's voice sounded like a growl from a called up tiger ready too make dinner out of someone dumb enough too come close in Harris head. The harsh order ringing loudly in Harris ear.

Kiran Lively shot Sam a look that told her without a word that they needed too snap into action stat. "I'm going to ask only one more time for you and your friends too drop your weapon's. Let everyone here walk away going their separate way alive." Sam tried too seriously plead her case for peace once more with Harris and the remaining two. But Sam's heart fell knowing all too well from the look in Harris eyes she knew the answer before he even uttered a single word. Sam looked to Luther nodding once then towards Kiran nodding once again. They both moved into action Luther heading for Fallon at the same time Kiran reared back just as Harris tighten the grip on his trigger trying too bring his weapon into play. Kiran clocked Harris at the base of his skull with the butt grip of her 9mm dropping Harris too his knee's. The MP5 rattled off a three round burst into the sand right in front of where he now knelt. Luther was a lot further away from Fallon who hesitated at first unsure what exactly too do. Fallon didn't really want any harm too come too Samatha Tyler. He respected her like no other soldier he had worked with through his soldiering career. But Fallon also knew that Harris or even Will Riker himself would most assuredly put a bullet in his head for any inaction so Fallon's choices were very limited. Fallon very slowly lifted his weapon bringing it too bare on Sam's position. Luther raised a small wooden tube too his lips then fired a dart in a single fluid motion. A narrow slim wooden dart struck Fallon in the neck freezing him in mid stride as he trying not too pull the trigger on his weapon. He had just enough strength too smile at Luthers dart took effort his body slowly dropping too the ground. Sam swung around gripping Alexic's arm pulling in the general direction of Luther. He semi gentle pulled Alexic in the general direction of the suv. "We need too be getting the Hell out of here. Riker and his team are only seconds away." Sam called out laying covering their egress. After making sure the coast was clear Sam signaled Kiran too follow her. Kiran struck Harris on the temple a second time dropping him the rest of the way too the ground flat on his face. She was about too follow Sam and the rest of their gang when bullets began chewing up the ground around her feet. Kiran's reaction was instantious as she flipped the switch on her Berretta automatic letting loose with semi automatic fire in the direction of the incoming fire. "The unaccounted for team mate has been found." Kiran stated the obvious as she kept three round burst heading in the direction of the bullets. Luther was beside Alexic as Sam covered their rear. He gently kept hold on Alexic's arm guiding him along. "Let's hit the wave's and get back too the plane with the rest of the team ASAP." Luther was briskly guiding Alexic in the direction of their ride when Alexic paused in his tracks bringing all three of them too an abrupt halt. Sam slamming into their backs turning around too see what was going on. "I'm sorry." he told Sam and Luther as his human form skin began too glow that bright blue light a second time around. Sam was only milliseconds from protesting when suddenly Sam's body felt like a thousand bee's had just buzzed in her brain in a loud burst of noise. Before she dropped too her knees Sam caught sight of Luther doing the exact same thing already on his knee's as well. Kiran was concentrating on keeping the other hidden shooter at bay. So she did not see Alexic making for a out cropping of rock disappearing from view in a blink of an eye.

Turk and Aizzi were standing guard there with four other two man teams around the perimeter of out in the middle of freaking nowhere with nothing but sand ,rocks and the odd piece of space debris guarding yet another freaking strange ass space craft. "Do you have any idea where this thing came from?" Aizzi asked his partner Turk having watch the techs disassemble the craft like a group of army ants striping a dead carcass. Turk was actually from New Orleans than any European country. But he did have a rather thick French accent from his up bringing in the swamps of Louisiana. He had actually became a soldier too see the world and too get the Hell away from all the strangeness that could be found in the Cajun bayue."Don't really care nor do I want too know. But I swear too you this thing is giving me enough bad voodoo vibes that I don't even want too sit next too the damn thing." Turk absently rubbed at a small pouch that hung from a leather string around his neck. It was a charm bag a witch from back home had given Turk to protect him from any kind of bad juju. The pouch had cost Turk two freaking thousand dollar but the witch came highly recommended.  The pouch had served him well in a number of weird ass operations Turk found himself in since he hired on with Riker's crew of mercenaries.  "Either way Riker ordered us too keep everyone away from this thing no matter how. I haven't heard anymore chatter on our two ways but the military is bound too catch wind of this little gathering  and show up sticking their noses into it any minute." Turk tried too kept his mind on other things like the outing he had later was most likely out of the question. He had been working that waitress back at the hotel the crew stayed at all set up too go out and grab a drink then dancing. Turk had a pretty sure feeling that Linda would have come back too his room and they could do a little different dancing most of the rest of the night. Turk began daydreaming what Linda would have looked like when she was out of her clothes on his bed. "Aw, My Friend's!" a deep thick Russian voice broke into his happy sexual thoughts. Turk and Aizzi snapped up their AK 47 assault rifles looking for the bearer of the voice that had appeared out of the inky blackness. But neither of them saw anyone anywhere their eyes searching the semi darkness that surrounded them. Turk pointed with his chin for Aizzi to take the left side as Turk looked to the right. They both stood back too back for a second then each walked forward in their perspective directions in unison looking for any target that had the bad misfortune to pop up. But all Turk and Aizzi saw was brush about waist high with an occasional rocky mound at different positions out on either of their given fields of fire. Turk knew he wasn't  crazy as Aizzi had heard the same Russian voice what he heard. This situation  had just turned frosty cause Someone was close by which was not a good thing for either of them. Turk was about too call out on his two way when there was the rustle of weeds from behind them. Turk spun right away from Aizzi as he was breaking left trying too bring up the target that sounded like it was behind them now. Both Turk and Aizzi made it about half way around when they both caught site of a large mountain of a man holding a wicked looking large bore gun pointed directly back at them. "Dasvidaniya, Koryish." Hannibal smiled as he cut loose with his automatic shotgun. The RAS-12 sounded off like a cannon firing in a hail of rubber bullet showering Turk and Aizzi where they stood less than three feet apart. The rubber bullets hurt bad enoughcausing their bodies too spasm   making them both drop their AK47's like they were hot. While they both were still twitching Hannibal knew that the beanbags were next. They came out in a single round one each towards Turk hitting him in the center of the chest lifting him off his feet. The other beanbag round hit Aizziz a glancing blow spinning him around. As he came around Aizzi pulled a Janbiya an Arabian dagger from his waist band. Aizzi let loose with a war call turning and running the distance directly at Hannibal the dagger ready too send Hannibal to the here after in the most painful way. Hannibal stood there like the big mountain he normally looked like. He dropped the RAS-12 to the ground at his feet then pulled an incredibly small gadget from inside his waist band in his over size paw. Aizzi saw nothing but himself plunging the curved dagger into Hannibal's chest winning the this battle  single handedly. Hannibal shook his head sadly knowing this confrontation was going too go quite differently as he took aim . "Not today, Priyatel." Hannibal spoke softly as he pulled the trigger on the pistol grip tasor. Fifty thousand volts of electricity shot out of the gunike two streaks of lightening hit Aizzi squarely on his chest. Aizzi's war cry changed instantly into a wail of pain as the electrical shock coursed through his body halting him in his tracks ending Aizzi's forward motion. He stood there twitching every square inch of his body as the electric juice ran through him. Hannibal held the trigger for the count of four then released it which dropped Aizzi too the ground like a puppet who someone had just cut his strings. Hannibal kept an eye on Turk who was stiff as a broad on the ground down for the count from the rubber bullets and beanbag hits. Aizzi was still twitching but Hannibal held his finger off the trigger. With his free right hand Hannibal pressed the ear bulb in his right ear. "Jim, I have this side of the containment area in my control. But I'm not sure for how long." Jim Donovan's reply was immediate. "I  have the next pair on the ground about half a click from your position." "That's my good Russian bear." Mother replied came into Hannibal's head right behind Jim's. "Our team is in route and show arrival at your site in the next ten minutes. Do you think you can hold out that long?" Hannibal chuckled as he replied. "No worries my Little MATb." Jim Donovan cut back in. "Hold the area till our crew tech arrives. We are only a minute out away from Sam and her team." Even over the com Hannibal could hear the sound of distant weapon's fire. "Hurry over there Boss. Be careful." Jim was alre6 thinking the same thing as he pointed down the road. "Brian pick up the pace."

Sam Tyler snapped awake getting ready too swing but Luther grabbed her forward moving wrist right before her cupped fist struck him a nasty blow. "Easy there Sam. I'm with the good guys." He smiled to her waiting until the clouds clear out of her brain. Luther had taken a little shorter time too awaken but he knew how it felt too wake up from Alexic jolt. "What the Bloody Hell Happened?" Kiran Lively asked as she helped Sam too her feet. "I wouldn't mind knowing that myself." Sam dusted the stray strand of plant life that was on her khaki pants. "I think it's safe too say our new Friend Alexic zapped us before hitting the curl and riding the wave disappearing into the distance." Luther commented keeping a close eye on their surroundings as they moved towards their SUV. "But at least there is one good thing too come out of all this." Luther admitted as they walked up on the Toyota Land Cruiser. "Please," Sam begged leaning on the door frame too support herself. "Exactly where is there a good in any of this?" Luther held up a hand for Sam too cool her jets as he explained. He opened the driver's side door leaned in touching the LCD monitor in the center of the dash making it come too life. After bring up the on screen keyboard Luther typed in a few commands then pointed directing Sam's attention towards the screen. Sam leaned in the passenger window as Kiran looked through the back passenger window. They both looked in seeing a topographical map of the immediate area stretching out around their present position for twenty miles in any direction. A single red dot blipped showing something or someone moving rather fast across the desert floor in a northernly direction. "You tagged the bugger before he took a powder." Kiran nodded a look of approval in her eyes. "Very Impressive there Surf Boy." Luther slipped his katana into the back of the drivers seat taking up his former position as driver. Bullets began too ricochet off the ground at both Kiran and Sam's feet. Kiran pushed Sam into the passenger seat letting loose with a quick load of return fire in the general direction of the incoming fire. The engine of the Land Cruiser roared too life as Luther stomped down on the gas. "GET IN NOW!" he roared giving Kiran only seconds as the SUV's huge tires dug ruts into the sand then moved out.

Luther started moving away from the shooter trying too get as much distance between the shooter and themselves. Kiran already called out that it was most likely the shooter from the site earlier on hidden only the god's knew where. Could have been Harris as well but Luther knew it wasn't his partner the one called Fallon. That dart he took in the neck was going too keep him down for the next two hours easy. As Luther was sending a rooster tail of sand into the air he caught site of another SUV coming up behind them fast. The other SUV would pop in and out of the cloud of sand Luthers Landcruiser was leaving behind them. He was about too take evasive action to lose the incoming trouble till a light flashed in his eyes. "Hi Boss," Luther called over his com link. "I'm hoping like Hell that is you behind us." There was only a momentary pause then Jim Donovan replied but there was an extra noise coming over the com that Luther knew all too well. "Yep," Jim Donovan's voice popped up with incoming weapon's fire along with it. "But I'm afraid we have brought some baggage with us as well." Luther checked the rear view mirror again and he could see Kiran looking over her shoulder out the rear window as well. Between the clouds of sand they both could just make out yet another SUV doggedly following behind Jim's Land Cruiser. Even as they were still a quarter miles behind them it wasn't hard too see that the Land Cruiser was taking heavy incoming fire. "What can we do too help?" Kiran demanded more than asked as she took quick inventory of what she had in hand. Luther knew full well that she wanted very badly too be back there with Donovan. "Hold your course." Jim ordered briskly. "But tell me that you have the package we fought so hard too come after?" Luther sighed his eyes darkening but kept driving as he nearly flipped the Land Cruiser into a ditch. Sam groaned but knew she had too speak up. "The package kind of zapped us then freaking escaped." Sam spoke up with a little grit too her voice but not wanting too try and hide anything. "I take full responsibility for the fuck up."  Sam looked to Luther then too Kiran letting them know she wasn't going too hang either of them out too dry. She should have seen the possibility that the alien in question might have a defensive strategy. Sam expected Jim Donovan too dress her down just as many of her military counterpart's had when a mission didn't quite go the way they wanted but She wasn't at all prepared for his chuckling laugh back at her over the com. Sam spied Luther grinning real big. She looked back to see Kiran doing the exact same thing. "Ok who's going too fess the Hell up first?" Sam demanded looking between the two of them in the SUV with her.

"I think I'll take this one." Jim Donovan's voice sounded over the com yet again. "You were dealing with an alien life form my Dear Miss Tyler." There was a momentary pause which was quickly broken by return fire as Donovan fired back at the tailing Hummer. "So it's safe too say working with alien's doesn't always go the way you want. So update me, please tell me we are heading in the same direction as our package?" Luther wrenched the wheel as they finally came too the pavement. He wrenched the wheel of the Landcruiser smoking the tires till they took transtion heading the Land Cruiser too the north. "Yep Boss! I slipped a tracker on our wayward package when we were leaving the area. But what about the crazy Indian's following behind you?"

"How far reaching is your tracker good for? Donovan asked as he slid back into his seat as bullets ricocheted off the Land Cruiser body. "Luther's tracker is good for at least two hundred miles." Mother's voice cut into the conversation. "Plus I'll keep the satellites tracking too keep the package in site."

"Thank You Mother." Donovan replied. "Luther , I'm sure our friend Will Riker has more friends coming into the party our way. "The military had caught wind of the anomaly and most likely the ship crashing. So they will be sending in a search party too see what's going on." "I'm guessing that the D.O.D is sending in the specialized group." Sam stated already knowing the answer. "The Department of Defense have enough alphabet soup groups under their command it aren't even funny."

"Yep," Donovan added. "Hence why we like having you with our group my dear Miss Tyler. Luther, let's break waves and head in two different direction. We'll meet back at the plane ASAP." "But what about the remains of the space ship?" Sam added in quickly riding in the passenger seat a lot better as Luther and the Land Cruiser hugged the road far better than it had in the sandy desert. "Our team has been on the ground the last fifteen minutes. They have soaked up all the information they could. Hannibal held the fort till they arrived then directed them too pick up everything that was left. He should meet us back at the plane before we prep for takeoff." Donovan explained having Brian take a different route across the sand so as too confuse whomever was in hot pursuit of them. Their pursuers were going too have too make a split second choice on which vehicle they intended too follow. looked too Luther. "What about the Rift itself? Surely we aren't going too leave it alone while it's open." she asked straight up. "Our technical crew will sit on it till it closes." Luther stated a fact as he kept his eyes on the road. Sam shook her head as she was still accessing the situation. "What about the other crew? I'm equally as sure you don't want the military getting their hands on them." Kiran leaned in from the backseat looking at Sam. "That huge Russian bear will have tranked or knocked the remaining crew long before anyone else gets near them. Plus even when they wake none of the other crew will have a single thing too say. Their benefactor will have them out of custody when the flock of lawyer defend on whoever has them that that time." Sam Tulet soaked in everything  Kiran said then slowly shook her head. "I guess even with the mind meld I still have a good bit too catch up on." It was Jim Donovan's turn too cut in again. "Sister, you don't know the half of it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.2K 1.2K 47
𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 , 𝐀𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐡...
61.2K 2.5K 5
2 tom dylogii ,,Agony"
5.1M 45.3K 53
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...
300K 18.2K 40
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong