LOVE BLOSSOMS(COMPLETED)

Af anuradhasivaraman

India is always known for its beauty and richness. In ancient days people could either recognize India as a l... Mere

LOVE BLOSSOMS- Plot line
THAT LIFE CHANGING MOMENT- Prologue
1. Are They Serious!?!
2. That Talk With Sid!?!
3.Our Coffee Date
4. The Decision Is Finally Taken
5. Event : Engagement
6. The Tam-Brahm Wedding
7. Wedding Night
8. Trip Back Home
9. At Home
10. My First Official Day
11. Confrontation with My Scars
12. Change in Self
13. Acceptance to Reality
15. Finally Something's Going Our Way!
16. So, are we Friends Now?
17. I feel Like I must Run Into The Woods
18. The Value Of A Heart
19. When Reality Hits You On Face
20. Embarking a New Route- Part 1
20. Embarking A New Journey- Part II
Epilogue- So, the beginning of the End!

14. Get Well Soon, Nivin

9.4K 205 4
Af anuradhasivaraman

So, this chapter is dedicated to Kanak for your sweet comment. Well, Latika 02 You deserve thsi being the first commenter but I thought it would be nice if someone else recieved the dedication. So, Kanak I found you comment really too encouraging that I wanted to publish the next chapter then and there. Well, it took me some time. Yet, here it is. Hope you all like it. Comment, Read and vote a lot more for faster updates like this! I need your suggestion because the story is totally taking a new direc tion that I never even thought would happen. Please tell me whether you like it or not? What would be better? If I need to add something more or less? Just tell me, I need to hear your thoughts.. Please.. 

#$#$#

                                                                                   14

                                                                             Get Well Soon, Nivin

Ria's P.o.v:-

So, Nivin had fainted once more before. Well that was years ago. But doctors had informed that it was due to a nervous breakdown. It just sounds to me like the doctor suffering from fever. Isn't Nivin a psychologist? Or was his breakdown because of his hectic, busy, profession. It was all that I could cover from everybody around. Why is no one telling me anything? I was just trying to know about Nivin's condition. But what else can I expect from panicked relatives and friend?

I just can't believe anything now. It all looks like a sick dream to me. It was just this evening that I met Nivin to whom I had confided my confusion and see here he is lying as a patient in the same hospital where he works as Doctor. I feel too bad for him. He really was a good guy even though he behaves like a heartless jerk at times. My heart bleeds for him. I was then surrounded by his relatives to who I like them as my own. Aunty who was weeping uncontrollably few minutes maybe hours before is sleeping on ny shoulders after my constant consoling. She really is a sweetheart. Didi is just as good as her. I just hope that wouldn't it had been better if I met them in ordinary conditions. Oh, even Nivin had promised me just this morning that he would take me to meet his mother one day. See here I was meeting his parents while he is lying there struggling for his life. I was chatting with his sister non stop who told me that this had happened before but he was well until now. Akash jiju her husband is a wonderful man. It turns out that he was the one who introduced my book to Nivin which like became Nivin's turning point in life. From his animated experience about him and Nivin reading my book and discussing it, I can only tell that he loved Nivin as his own brother. He was petrified by this illness that has overtaken Nivin as this is the first time he is witnessing Nivin undergo it. Throughout now, I could only get glimpses of Sid running in and out of the emergency ward. After he had trusted me to take care of Nivin's family, I met him again when he had come to ask Didi about something. Didi gave him something in return and after seeing that framed photo, I don't know why but Sid's expression weren't too good. He looked petrified, shocked and amused all at once. He was staring at that photo for sometime before he ran inside again. After that I haven't seen him. Presently Akash jiju has gone to the canteen to get us all coffee. Didi had just dosed off while I was too much awake because of the confusion of the situation that I was placed it. Life had never been so fast paced. Sid and I had just been married for three days for crying out loud. But within this short span of our marriage, too many things, revelations and comprehension has taken place. I am nothing but truly confused.

I always knew that there were more chances of this marriage to work. It's because I have always been a person who believes that communication is the only solution to any problem that we face. Sid too has always been like such a person. That's why so many things happened in so little days. We didn't prolong the outcome and fights as otherws would have. Instead we sat back and discussed and so we're now in a stage where we at least can understand each other as a friend.

&*&*&*&

I was roughly awaken by the shake of my shoulders. Someone was constantly rattling me, not in a good way but it was in a very annoying and disturbing way. Finally, I opened my eyes groggily to stare into those dark chocolate brown eyes that I have grown familiar to. Sid. What was he doing her? And when did I ever fall asleep? Maybe the events of day had caused exhaustion in me to fall asleep this way? It because I can never fall asleep this way unless I was too tired for my own good. I realized that aunty and didi too were awake. Jiju raised that extra cup of coffee to me.

" It's not too hot dear but you were too tired. So I didn't want to wake you up." I nodded and could note some sense of relief in everyone's face.

I drank that liquid and it was just perfect. Neither too hot nor too cold. I drank it in a gulp and could feel the effect of caffeine settle in me. I was slowly becoming more awake and alert to surrounding around me.

" Nivin is out of danger for now. But would be keep in 24 hours under observation. He is for now in the general ward and may be kept here a week or so." Sid spelt out slowly and clearly for me.

"Can I speak to Nivin?" This was the first question that popped into my head and so I asked.

Sid shook,his head in negative. " He's sleeping Ria. He has been given some sedatives to achieve that state. Why not meet him in the morning?"

I nodded. At least I can meet him in the morning.

"Only one attended can stay here. So, I have decided to stay. Ri, why don't you drive them to their place and spent the night with them? Freshen up and come in the morning."

I nodded again. I had given the car keys in the purse I carried and so, I reached out for it and got up.

" Sid," I called to the retracing body, " Can we please have a glimpse of Nivin before we go? You know, just to know that he's safe."

Sid nodded and took us towards the general ward. There was Nivin who was varied up to various things. Saline bottles, IV and what not. Tears slipped through my cheeks without my knowledge. " Get Well Soon,Nivin." I whispered. " It's so boring without you nagging me. I miss you already and think of our state if this continues. So, get well soon and get back to your jerk self soon."

I don't know whether I imagined or it really happened but I saw a twitch of jaw and a movement of finger. I alarmed Sid only to learn that he can mildly hear what we say and react A few doctors encouraged my effort in engaging him but told me told leave him to rest now and do the same tomorrow. I accepted them and left along with Nivin's family.

We all reached his home safe where I offered to sleep with aunty while jiju and didi shared a room. I was going through Nivin's room. It was neatly arranged, no trace of commotion shown. Wow, this man is truly a living perfectionist. But only next to my dad. In a way, dad and Nivin are alike. Both love their career, are workaholic and secretive in nature. They never confide anything to anyone. They brood within themselves. Even if we try to learn about their lives, they shut themselves up before we could even learn a little. They never understand the benefits and joy of confiding the matters of hearts to others. Yet to others they are very great in terms of listening and solving their problem. I remember dad telling me that once upon a time he too was chirpy and talkative like mom. But then all along the way, something happened and turned into this reserved guy. All along my twenty three years I have never been able to place my finger on this something that totally changed his character.

The same is with Nivin. From day one that I met him, I knew that this guy had some mental blockages and emotional baggage within him. But I could not still believe that he could have such a heavy baggage that could even threathen his,life. Whatever has happened in his past is truly not so good.

I turned around slipped into Nivin's bed where aunty was presently sleeping. I slipped into my dreamland as soon as my head hit those soft pillows.

Megha's P.O.V:-

For the first time in the past few years, I felt light-headed. Whoever this doctor was, he really knows his work well. Nivin, yes that's what he asked me to call me. He isn't the sweetest with words but sometimes what we want in lives is those blunt words. They hurt, that's obvious. Bit at least it would make you realize where you had gone wrong. Ria was really right when she told me that this guy really knows his work well. Fortunate enough, my office had given me off for three days.

My sleep deprivation was really high at this stage. I am sure if I just catch up sleep like Nivin had suggested I would be fine.

I headed back home and directly hit the bed. On my way home, I had confused a subway sandwich which served as my dinner. Geena was on a date with her boyfriend and that's why I chose this date to go to doctor. As soon as Geena comes I will tell her what Nivin had told. I will tell her those exact words.

I was lying in my bed, wearing an old worn out mini shorts and t-shirt. It's not like anyone is going to come. I was lost in my thoughts thinking about Nivin's broad shoulders, tall figure, sharp features, bold heavily accented Kannada, his deep voice, oh boy, he really is too handsome. 'But you aren't supposed to think of him in that way. You already have a boyfriend who loves you beyond relief."

Yes, I have a boyfriend, Abhay Khuranana. The perfect macho type guy. He works in the entertainment department. Every girl in our office drools at him. But he, only sees me. He is friendly with all and so am I. We both are possessive of each other yet that never stops us from having our own life. I lost my virginity to him, two years back and ever since that there was no looking back. It was a drunken mistake that changed our life forever. I was assigned a page three event where I had paired up with him. I had to drink drinks and I still remember that he was very considerate with me but it was I who threw myself on him. The next morning, he proposed me to be his girlfriend and I was petrified. I dodged him saying that it was a mistake and that happens and there's no need for him to get guilty about it. But he persisted and nearly three romantic dates later I said yes. After that mistake, he swear not to do it again until I was ready and see I am not ready still now. We met a gynec later who dismissed all chances of me getting pregnant. So, till now we have only had full blown make out sessions on the couch and I must admit that he is a great kisser.

Miss you.. So, wassup?

-M

I sent him a text and got a reply almost immediately.

Stuck in another boring page3 event. Hope you could be here. ;)

-A

I smiled to myself and typed again.

Me too. But I am on rest leave. Gonna sleep. Enjoy on my behalf too. GN.

-M

I soon reached the state of sleep. Wow, I miss my sleep and bed more than anything.

₹%₹%₹%₹

I had a dream about Nivin! This is really too much. I just have a vague recollection of the dream. It looked it we bumped into each other, fought and then after few reluctant meetings fell irrevocably in love with each other. Really, I know that I am a hopeless romantic. But this is really too much.

I hesitantly got up from my bed. One part of my brain wanted to continue the dream while the logical part of my brain was against it. I had a boyfriend and dreaming of any other man than him would be a sin and is equivalent to cheating.

I don't why, but yesterday when I was telling Nivin about me, I somehow avoided the topic of my dating status. I don't know, we just didn't touch the point. We talked about everything other than love or love life and never once did Nivin disturb my privacy. He was just too good to be true. But today, I have decided I will no matter tell him about my relationship status. I don't know why but I felt an urging need to tell him about my relationship status. As if telling him that would stop you from fantasising him, snickered my brain but I chose to ignore it.

My heart nearly stopped when I saw my bedside clock showing 10:00 a.m. I have never slept so long. At least not after I turned a journalist. We only shared a comman bathroom, so no matter what I had to cross Geena's room. My heart was relieved to find her sleeping in pyjama in a very sprawling position. I went near her and shook her slightly, only to hear a muffled, "5 minutes" as her only reply. Unlike me she was a very deep sleeper, so every morning waking her up is a challenge. I know that her shift is only at 12:00 p.m. and so I left her sleeping figure and went to the bathroom. I combed my messy bed hair straight, washed my face, brushed my teeth and cleared my bowel. Now, I would need a hot cup of milk, coffee or anything that's hot. I went to kitchen, made myself a hot cup of Horlicks and then started to prepare a filling cup of chocolate oatmeal. After I devoured the delicacy, I went to my room to collect the dress I would wear. For today, I chose a move coloured plain tunic and a dark blue skinny jean to go with it. I opted to make a side braided French plait and a light makeup to go with it. I collected my underwear, dress and towel to bathroom to retreat myself with a hot shower. I quickly dressed up, did my hair and then I went to put on that light makeup. Moisturizer, base foundation cream with a quick brush of face powder and pink blush. Eyeconic mascara and eye pencil to darken to bring out my light brown eyes.

I was ready by 10:45a.m and the hospital was just a 10minutes ride from here. I tried waking up Geena again and she woke up miraculously. She approved my dressing sense but enquired me as why are my choice of dress a little bland unlike my usual bright chamkeli type. I just shrugged. Well, I dress by my mood. I don't have a style guide or mantra as such. Today, I felt this would do, so I choose. When I explained this, she laughed at the cost of my mortification.

"Well, Geena. My doctor shared a word of advice of you." she raised her eyebrows in question. "If you have chosen to be a journalist then be one. No need to surf symptoms and kill people with your half cooked doctor skills." She sent me the coldest glare that she could muster. I just shrugged and walked off.

*&*&*&*

10:59a.m. My,wristband showed this time when I stepped off my scooty pep+. Well, I am on time. I was just too excited because I am finally getting a chance to meet my favourite writer. I rushed to the psychiatric department. I went to the reception and asked, " Sister, I have an appointment with Dr. Nivin Rao, now at 11:00 a.m. Could you please get me to him?"

"Sorry, ma'am. He is on illness leave and there's a substitute doctor in his place. He won't be able to come in a week."

I frowned at the news. Nivin was ill. I met him yesterday only and he was absolutely fine. What could have happened to him in a span of not even 24 hours.

"Sister, can you please tell me, what happened to him? It's not anything serious right?"

"Oh, nothing serious at all. He is admitted here only and his friend Dr. Sharma is taking care of him. Please don't worry. He'll get alright."

I nodded and stared at my phone. I had to reach him. I don't know what overcame me that I wanted to see him then and there that only if I see that he is hale and healthy.

" Sister, can you please take me to him? I want to see him for once to believe your words for sure." She looked uncertain for once.

" I am afraid, I can't help you in this. Only family members are allowed to visit him." Maybe I looked like I was on the verge of crying that she added, " Why don't you try his mobile number? I heard that he is conscious enough to speak to others? Maybe that can help."

"Your idea seems good. Let me give it a try." I dialled his number and lifted it to my ear that sister pointed out "Don't use mobile" sign. I nodded and rushed to the corridor.

After some good three to four rings, I heard some lady voice on the other end, " Megha?" The voice sounded. My mind got disappointed immediately. Here, I was hoping to talk directly to Nivin and see, my luck some lady had picked up the phone.

Could it be some possesive girlfriend of his?

Or his sister?

Or mother even?

Now, what am I supposed to say?

Hesistantly, I replied, " Can I please talk to Dr. Nivin? If that's not a trouble though? Please.." I asked in perfect Kannada thinking that if they are his family memebers then they must know the language. Morever, at my panicky state of mind, I know that I can form proper sentences only in my mother tongue. I know, I sounded pathethic but I don't care. I always knew that I had a very weak heart. It can't bear someone suffereing and knowing that Nivin, a considerate person who was planning to help me, is suffering, it can't bear more. Morever, I needed to know what happened to him? He was so normal yesterday...

"Megha. It's me, Ria.. Ria Sharma.. Sorry that I don't understand Kannada" Ria replied in a stylish accented English.

"Oh, Ria, what a relief!" I cried through the phone. " Sorry, Ria. But I just said that I wanted to talk to Nivin, if that wouldn't be a trouble."

"Oh.. " was Ria's only reply.

"See, Ria that I learnt that Nivin is ill and is admited in the hospital only when I contacted the nurse to meet him. My heart couldn't bear it.. He was so normal yesterday, what possibly could have happened to him? Did he meet with an accident? But if so I must have got news.. Or did he catch some cold or flu.. Whta has happened to him, Ria?"

"Hmm, nothing to panic or worry..." And adter a long pause, she state, " He just fainted due to over exhaustion.."

"Oh my gosh.. I always thought that he over worked.. Could he not take care of himself? Is he fine now? Ria, can you please help me to meet once? I need to know it for myself that he is alright and fine.. Please, Ria.."

" Hmm, fine. I'll try my level best and I understand your feelings at this stage. So, just ask the nurse to direct you to room number 3126."

"3126. O.K. I'll ask her and be there in a jiffy."

"And till then I'll try to get you in!"

"Thanks. Bye."

"Bye, dear. Take Care."

The call ended. I immediately rushed to the sister and spoke in Kannada, " Sister, they are allowing me in. Just show me the directions to room number 3126."

The sister nodded and said, " See, Dr. Nivin was always sweet to allof us. Just deliver this when you meet him. Also teel him that we all wished him to get well son. Can you please do that or is that asking for more?" She asked while handing me a rose boquet and a greeting card stating "Get Well Soon!"

"No, Sister, that's never asking for more. I'm touched by your love and care. He really is a great person!"

"Yes, he is." she sighed." But now it's time for you to rush and see him. Go straight and turn left to the elevator, press 3rd fllor, then from there go straight and there'll be a board on right stating room no. 3120-3130. Follow the room no. on the door to reach room no. 3126. Understood?"

"Yes." I nodded while I was repaeting what she siad on my brain." O.K. I think so I'll make it!"

"That's good. Now, leave!"

I nodded while holding those flowers and cards and going by her direction. while my leg were following the directions, my brain was thinking about the sister. She wasn't the one that I met yesterday. This one looked young and also unmarried. Yet she's so patient, loving and a heart warming charcater. I also felt that she was  also smitten by Nivin. Now, wait! Where did the also pop in from from?

Well aren't you also smitten by him? snickered my brain. Well I have a more handsome boyfriend and so I am not! I stated bravely in my mind.

Till then I was outside room no. 3126. I raised my hand to knock but before that Ria had opened the door. I was at the doorstep when Nivin's and my gaze met. There was a look in his eye that I couldn't make out what? He was astonished, happy and amused to see. He trained his gaze on me and suddenly his face lit up like the christmas tree. I was trying to move but his sharp gaze could help me only to squirm not to move!

Suddenly he opened his hands as if inviting me for a hug which stunned me. Maybe, this was his way of meeting friends. I went near him to give a very discreet lopsided hug trying my level best not to disturb those saline bottles and other stuff. Maybe, he missed me so much. But he only met me yesterday. But then he knew many things that even Abhay doesn't know, so mayb e he feels this connection.

But when we pulled out of the hug, he told me something that made me frozen to ground.

"Geet, so you have finally decided it's time to come and meet me."

I just stared at him while he pulled those flowers and card from my hand and placed it to his side.Everything else went on in fast fowarded motion while I stood frozen just like that. Things happened just so fast. So, he gave all those emotions just because he recognised me as someone else. So, they weren't for me? I wanted to deny that I am not who he thinks I am. But the voice just seems to have died in my throat.

Before I knew it I was out of the room, pulled by Ria who took me to meet Sid, her husband a few more doctors..

Well, this definetely isn't going to end well! 

A nagging, irritating and annoying boice at the back of my head spoke out clear and loud which I wanted to stub so hard.

#4#4#4

Fortsรฆt med at lรฆse

You'll Also Like

50.7K 3K 53
"๐Œ๐˜ ๐’๐„๐‘๐ˆ๐„๐’ ๐๐Ž๐Ž๐Š ๐Ž๐๐„" One-year is all it takes for strangers to become deep lovers. One-year contract marriage is all takes to turn att...
107K 4.5K 29
"Maan take it " Said 5 years old akshita, forwarding her hand which have a candy on it "I don't want it ita" 7 years old abhi said in his as usual...
8.8K 378 47
"เคฎเฅเคเฅ‡ เคจเคนเฅ€ เคชเคคเคพ เค•เคฟ เค†เคช เคฎเฅ‡เคฐเฅ‡ เคฒเคฟเค เคชเคฐเคฟเคšเคฟเคค เค•เฅเคฏเฅ‚ เคฎเคนเคธเฅ‚เคธ เค•เคฐเคคเฅ‡ เคนเฅˆ" Madhav thought _________โœฟ___________ There is a pull towards each other and recognition...
2.6M 120K 84
The story is of two individuals Siddharth Khanna and Anusha Singh. Both were gems to their parents, both spoiled, both stubborn, friends adored them...