The Wolf Baby

By Kayy_B

**THIS IS A SAMPLE, PLEASE DO NOT READ IT IF YOU ARE GOING TO GET TRIGGERED BY THE FACT THAT IT IS A SAMPLE... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty

Chapter Nineteen

602K 13.6K 1.1K
By Kayy_B

Chapter Nineteen

Gabriel left as soon as he uttered those words, he didn't explain what he meant by mates and I was too tired to question him. All I wanted to do was sleep so I could forget about everything I've learnt over the past couple of days and everything that's happened.

I knew I made a huge mistake even thinking about having an abortion, I would have never gone through with it but I still shouldn't have even mentioned it. As scary as it was watching him destroy the kitchen, I couldn't blame him for reacting badly. Now that I think about it, if it was the other way round and Gabriel told me he wanted to get rid of the baby, I probably would have reacted the same way.

I woke up to a loud shriek, my whole body literally jumping up from the bed. I must have fallen asleep and been sleeping for a while as I could see light peeking through the gap in between the curtains.

I pulled the duvet off me and ran towards where I thought I heard the scream. I skidded to a stop when I saw Leah standing outside the kitchen with her mouth wide open.

Leah turned to face me. "What the hell happened?"

"Err." I looked at the mess that was once our kitchen. "Gabriel got a little angry. Where have you been?"

Leah's eyes scanned my body. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I shrugged, before remembering my neck. "He bit me. Why did you tell him?"

"He bit you?" Leah gasped in alarm. She shook her head and sighed. "I'll try and make us breakfast, then I'll explain to you why I had to tell him."

I nodded and headed for my bathroom. Even though I was a little angry that Leah went behind my back and told him, I had to hear her out first. I decided to have a quick shower and brush my teeth while Leah made breakfast.

After I was done, I put on a thick fluffy robe and strolled into the living room where Leah was waiting for me. I joined her on the sofa and started taking small sips of my hot chocolate.

"Okay, I know you're probably pissed off at me but I had to tell him. If you did end up having an abortion, when he finds out there would have been nothing stopping him from lashing out at you. He won't ever hurt you, not while you're carrying his child." Leah explained to me slowly.

"He bit me. That hurt." I told her, not bothering to show her my neck since the bite mark was already gone. "So that means he hurt me."

"That's probably going to be the only time he hurts you." Leah said softly.

"How do you even know all this?" I questioned. I've been meaning to ask her how she knew everything, she said she wasn't one of them so how does she know all this?

Leah remained quiet for a few minutes before she sighed heavily. "Do you remember my aunt from my mum's side that left town when we started high school and never came back?"

I frowned trying to think of who she was talking about. "No, I don't remember."

"She left with her Werewolf fiancé." Leah blurted out making me gasp.

"What?"

"She met a Werewolf, fell in love with him, blah, blah, blah, and then left town. She sends cards or emails once in a while but other than that, we have no contact with her."

"Do your parents know?" I asked, wondering if Mr and Mrs Pierson knew about Werewolves.

"No, nobody does. She never came back." Leah muttered looking a little dejected.

"So, how do you know this?"

"I accidently saw him, Jonathon, shift before they left. I freaked out and was going to tell my Aunt when I saw him shift back right in front of her. She knew what he was and didn't care. They spotted me standing there staring at them and they explained a bit to me and made me promise not to tell anyone. If I did the other Werewolves would silence me." Leah explained, shrugging as if it didn't matter.

I nodded as I tried to process what she said. I mean it all made sense as to why she knew so much and wasn't scared like I was and still am. I reached over and began cutting my pancakes that Leah made.

"You're not scared?" I asked her as I shoved a piece of pancake in my mouth.

"Nope, John's a really nice guy and he loves my Aunt to bits. Werewolves don't go around hurting or killing humans, it will draw too much attention, but obviously there are some crazy Werewolves just like there are some crazy humans in this world."

"Oh, right." I muttered not really knowing what to say.

"I don't know a lot about them, but when your hand healed that day when you had a panic attack I knew something was different. I found out what he was but I couldn't tell you, he had to. If I told you I could have caused both of us trouble plus I don't know how I could have explained this to you without you thinking I was crazy."

I shrugged knowing she was right. "Does Gabriel know that you know?"

"Yeah he does. I think you should speak to him and let him explain everything to you."

I sighed. "I guess I have to do that, but I don't know if he's still mad at me for thinking of having an abortion."

"I'm sure he's not." Leah reassured me. "He knows you were scared and panicking. He needs to explain what he is. He's not just a Werewolf."

"What do you mean?" I asked not understanding what she was trying to say. What else could he be?

"You need to let him explain. I know it's scary but you need to give him a chance to explain everything." Leah said giving me a stern look.

"Fine." I groaned not wanting to face Gabriel, I was still a little worried about how he might react.

"I honestly had no choice but to tell him, I'll always be loyal to you but if you went through with it he would have lost it. It wouldn't have ended well for you. He's different than normal Werewolf and with it's harder for his type to have kids."

"I wouldn't have gone through with it." I whispered looking down at my plate.

"I know, but you weren't thinking straight. People do things they normally don't do when they're scared."

It was quiet for a few minutes for a few minutes as we both ate our food in silence.

"By the way." Leah started to say as she reached for her coffee. "You need to tell your baby daddy to fix our kitchen."

I smiled weakly. "I will."

@=#~=~#=@

Gabriel sent a few people over to sort out the kitchen, instead of fixing what he broke they ended up redoing the entire kitchen. We stayed over at Leah's friend for a day while they fixed everything up, when we got home we were both speechless. The kitchen looked amazing, everything looked expensive, there was nothing Leah and I could afford. As well as that, the cabinets and fridge were filled with more food than we had when we left.

I couldn't complain though, as soon as I saw the top shelf of the freezer filled with ice cream I dug right in.

Gabriel didn't contact me at all, instead he pestered Leah asking for updates every other hour. I would be lying if I said I didn't miss him calling me. I wanted him to call me but I knew he was probably still angry with me.

After a couple of days later I decided I should take the first step and call him. He picked up as soon as I called him thinking it was an emergency. After I explained to him that I'm fine and the baby is fine did he calm down. I told him we needed to talk and he agreed, instead of meeting in his house or mine we decided to meet at a café.

I had an hour to kill before I met up with Gabriel so I decided to do a little shopping. I had a lot of toiletries I needed to buy so I headed straight to Boots when I reached the shopping centre. After I got everything I needed I just went into a few shops and browsed through the clothes, not actually buying anything. They wouldn't fit me in a couple of months anyway.

After I got out of the third shop I couldn't help get the feeling someone was looking at me. I turned around to see a dark haired middle aged man staring at me. I shrugged it off and headed into another shop. I continued to browse through the item when I bumped into someone.

My eyes fell on the man who I had seen staring at me minutes ago. I muttered a quick apology and walked away from him quickly, moving to the other side of the store. From the corner of my eyes, I could see him coming closer.

Freaking out a little I quickly left the shop and headed for the car park. While the elevator made its way up to the top floor of the car park, I got money out from my purse for the parking ticket so it was quicker. As soon as the elevators opened, I headed straight for the machine where you pay for the parking ticket.

I got into the car as fast as I could and slammed on the locks. My whole body was trembling as I tried to calm myself. I looked into the rear view and saw the man stepping out of the elevators. I turned on the engine and pressed my foot down on the gas when I saw the man starting to run.

I drove as fast as I could without being reckless, not looking back once as I went down the car par levels. I sighed in relief when I reached the bottom floor of the car park and the barrier. I scrolled down the window and inserted the ticket into the machine and waited for the barrier to lift so I could leave.

I looked behind me to see if the man was there knowing even though I knew there was no way he could run down 7 flights of stairs that quickly. When I didn't see him I felt myself relax, I was safe.

It was almost half three so the main roads were starting to get a busy. After ten minutes of driving I finally managed to get onto a smaller road that didn't have much traffic. As I drove down the quiet road surrounded by trees I thought about what Gabriel might say when I saw him.

Leah said he was different than other Werewolves, I tried to think about what she could have meant but I came up with nothing. Gabriel being a Werewolf didn't bother me as much as it had done a few days ago, I wasn't 100% thrilled or comfortable with it but I wasn't as terrified as before. I don't think I'll ever be 100% comfortable with him being a Werewolf.

I sighed and decided not to think too much about it. The road was empty so I looked down and put the radio on. I checked the roads again before fiddling with the buttons to get the right station on. I found the radio station I wanted and I straightened up as I familiar song filled the car. Bobbing my head to the song on the radio, I sped up a little.

It happened so suddenly that I wasn't sure if it actually happened. A huge dog ran across the road making me slam the breaks down hard. My chest stung a little as the seatbelt presses into my chest and neck. I gasped as I stared at the empty road in front of me. I could have sworn I saw something huge run across the road.

I put my hand against my heart as it pounded like crazy, looking around I saw that there was nothing there. Maybe it ran into the forest? I looked in the rear view mirror to see if it was behind the car or if any cars were coming but the road was empty.

Shaking my head and letting out a heavy sigh I reached for the keys to turn the engine on. My hands froze when I saw the speeding car in front of me. It would have been fine if it wasn't driving on the wrong lane, my lane.

It was coming at me with no intention of stopping.

@=#~=~#=@

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8M 426K 54
Moira King had been cheated on, stabbed in the back, and broken beyond repair --be it her father, her best friend, or her boyfriend; she's had enough...
16.2K 982 62
"Your hair looks like night but your eyes shine like day. You are a walking contrast. Who exactly are you?" ***** It is sa...
127K 7K 17
A Lycan can not shift forms while pregnant. The danger in doing so is too high. Emma is locked in a cell. Her mate is dead. Her captors want her pup...
2.6K 824 39
"So what does that make me?" "We aren't sure," a small furrow took place in between Sebastian's dark brows. "We took you so we could find out, such...