Terror Incognito

Oleh xXSpiceXx

A fanfic on the 1999 film, House on Haunted Hill. Steve finally meets a woman who will love and appriciate h... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4

Chapter 1

55 2 1
Oleh xXSpiceXx

A slender woman entered the amusement park with a brown messenger bag that held all the paper she could ever need for the new book she was writing. Her eyes locked onto her target, the scariest roller coaster ever constructed. She could only write what she knew, and this time she needed to know extreme fear. She was so intent on the thought that as she was walking, she bumped into Mr. Price himself.

"I'm so sorry!" she exclaimed, looking up and realizing it was him for the first time.

When the young woman's kind brown eyes looked at him his heart skipped a beat. Since the divorce, he had been a lonely, broken man, in need of a companion that would actually love him.

The woman squinted for a moment. "Hey, aren't you Mr. Price?" the woman asked.

Steven smiled slightly and nodded in silent response.

"I'm terribly sorry for bumping into you." she said, repeating the apology.

"No need for an apology, I don't always look where I'm going." he chuckled.

She smiled.

"I'm sorry I didn't get your name." Steven said.

"Oh. I'm Annabelle, Winston."

He smiled, "It's a pleasure to have met you Miss Winston. Have you been on any of the rides yet?" He asked curiously.

"I'm afraid I haven't." she laughed at her choice of wording.

"Scared?" He asked.

"Terrified."

"Would it help if I came along?" he offered.

"Yes it would, thank you." she smiled.

They went on nearly all the rides and by the end of the day they were exhausted. Steven walked her to her car.

"I hope you had fun." Steven smiled, hoping she approved of his park.

"I did." she smiled bright. "I never had so much fun being scared." she laughed.

Steven smiled at her, as they reached her car.

"Well, thank you for everything Mr. Price."

"Please, call me Steven."

"Alright, Steven, I had a wonderful time and a lot to write for my book." she said happily.

Steven couldn't stop smiling; he knew he liked this girl. A lot.

"I'm glad, that's the most fun I've had in years." he admitted.

She smiled, trying not to blush when she saw how gorgeous his eyes were.

"I hope to see you again." Steven said softly.

"Really?"

"Of course."

Annabelle had a gentle dreamy smile on her face as she looked at him. He just seemed so perfect to her. They complimented each other so well, it was amazing.

"Well I guess I should be letting you go." Steven smiled sadly and gently took her hand.

"I guess so..." Annabelle said quietly.

He kissed her hand like a gentlemen then looked into her eyes and his heart beat quicker.

She gently placed the hand he kissed around his neck as his arm wrapped around her waist and gently pulled her closer. She placed her other hand on his chest when she was close enough.

He leaned in, her eyes closed when their lips interlocked. He kissed her slowly, making each second last. She slid the hand on his chest up and around his neck as he pulled her even closer. A shock of pleasure ignited both of them, confirming to themselves that they were made for each other.

After a few more minutes of affection she slowly and reluctantly pulled away, knowing it was getting late.

She held a dazed look on her face a small smile present on her lips.

Steven had that same smile and said smoothly, "I will see you again."

~~~

Annabelle awoke from her slumber and looked at her gorgeous wedding ring even after three years of marriage it never ceased to amaze her. She loved being married.

She turned over in bed and kissed Steven good morning. He awoke with a smile. "Good morning baby." she said, and rubbed his bare chest.

He made a soft rumble of pleasure. He loved how she treated him.

"It's a good morning now." he grinned.

"What are the plans for today?" she asked as she cuddled up to him, laying on her side.

He turned on his side and hugged her from behind.

"Work." he replied, kissing her neck.

She groaned at the word. "I wish you could stay home more." she said softly.

Steven found that interesting. Evelyn loved it when he'd leave.

"I know princess but I have to, so I can buy you lots of nice things." he explained.

"I don't want things. I want you."

Another interesting thought to Steven, the conversation revealing how different she was compared to his first wife who hated him and loved his money.

He smiled slightly and pulled her closer to him, making her give out a little squeak of surprise.

He moved her hair so that he could kiss the back of her neck and rubbed her sides.

She moaned quietly. "Well, I suppose I can release you. But I'll be waiting for you." she said lovingly.

Steven stopped kissing her and smiled. "I know."

He kissed her cheek and got ready for work.

She got up, brushed her hair and got dressed as well. He grabbed his brief case and she met him at the front door. She wanted him to leave the house seeing her pretty, which Steven thought was sweet of her.

She put her arms around his neck and gave him a tender kiss before letting him go and waving good bye as his car drove off.

Around lunch time Steven was in his office sitting at his desk, thinking of his lovely wife and not looking forward to eating the food they had there.

His secretary knocked on the door and was allowed in. She held a plate that had chips and a turkey and bacon sandwich on it.

She set the plate on his desk and said; "Mrs. Price came and told us to give this to you." she smiled slightly, knowing he was much happier with Annabelle than he ever was with Evelyn.

Steven smiled, "That darling girl."

The woman smiled.

"Thank her for me will you?"

"Oh she already left."

"Then I'll thank her myself when I get home." he said, concealing a smirk.

The woman hid a smile, "I'm sure you will." she said, knowing what he meant, and left.

There was a note sticking out underneath the plate that said, "It's not much but I was hoping to brighten your day. I love you. ~Annabelle"

He smiled even more.

He wished he could have known Annabelle before the wretched woman he had been tricked into marrying. But he was grateful that he had met Annabelle at all.

A few hours later and he was on his way home, he opened the door and was surprised to see a green alien staring at him and jumped.

It giggled and took off its mask to revel it was only Annabelle.

"Did I scare you that time?" she asked eagerly awaiting the answer.

"You sure did." he said, catching his breath.

She squealed and threw her arms around his neck and kissed him all over.

He chuckled.

They always played little practical jokes on each other, but normally Steven would be the wiser and wouldn't get scared. He thought it cute how she found it so important to scare him. She acted as though it were a huge accomplishment, showing how highly she thought of him.

She gave him a nice long kiss before smiling and leading him to the dinner table.

After dinner they ate dessert and Steven had his own dessert in mind.

He swooped her up into his arms and carried her to the bedroom.

He set her down on the bed and got on top of her, kissing her neck and jaw, and rubbing up against her.

She gasped. "What's all this?" she asked in between breaths.

"For lunch." he said simply and proceeded to remove his shirt. She put her hands on his chest and rubbed him, thinking he was most definitely the most desirable man in the world.

She giggled. "Is that all? Perhaps I should make you lunch more often."

He kissed her lips and continued to fondle her.

~

It was the morning after their night of passion and Steven was still sleeping. Snoring softly, which made Annabelle giggle. She got dressed and saw the mail slip through the door slot. She picked it up, most of them bills. She came across a larger envelope that wasn't addressed to anyone in particular, so she opened it. Inside there was an invitation to a birthday party a woman named Evelyn was having. Apparently it was meant to go to Steven since it had only mentioned a "Mr. Price." she saw that he was up and about and strode over to him.

"Steven?" she asked.

"Yes?"

"You were invited to a birthday party."

He looked confused. "A birthday party?"

"Yes."

"For who?"

"A woman named Evelyn, does she work for you?" she asked.

His heart stopped at the name, and his face blanched.

Annabelle noticed his blank expression.

"Is something wrong?" she asked.

"N-Nothing." he replied.

"Well, are you going to go? It's tonight."

"No, I think I'd rather stay here with you." he said, trying to hide his nerves as best he could.

"Perhaps I can come with you. I don't think she'd mind, I am your wife after all." she chuckled.

He shook his head. "No I think we should stay home."

"But won't she be upset? It is her birthday. She's a friend of yours right?"

"Umm. Umm." he swallowed hard. "Uh well we uh used to be friends but I found out she wasn't what I thought she was and we s-stopped being friends."

"Oh." She looked confused. "But at least we could have a good time; we haven't been to a party in a long time."

"No, Annabelle we're not going. Did you see where she was having it at? A former insane asylum of all things." he tried to laugh.

"But you love all that scary stuff."

"I said no, Annabelle."

"But-"

"I said no!" he yelled, which made her flinch.

She had tears in her eyes and she ran to their bedroom. Steven followed and saw her crying on their bed. He felt awful for talking to her like that. He slowly walked up to her and rubbed her back comfortingly.

"I'm sorry I yelled at you princess, we can go if you want."

"I'm not crying because of the party." she sniffled then hiccupped, like she always did when she cried.

"Then what is it?" he asked gently.

"We hardly see each other anymore Steven. You're always busy with work and on weekends we stay home since you're tired and I understand that it's just-"

"We'll go to the party." he smiled slightly.

"Oh Steven, I don't want to make you do anything you don't want to do."

"I want to." He lied, concealing his true emotions successfully.

She believed him and smiled. She gave him a hug and he kissed her cheek. "We'll get you a brand new dress and wonderful jewelry would you like that?"

"You don't need to-"

"Shh..." He hushed gently and kissed her.

He had no idea how this was going to work out.

A/N: As you might have guessed, this is going to be completely different than the movie. At least the plot is. And of course I own none of the copyrighted stuff.

Lanjutkan Membaca