The Warlock's Queen

By Emina_Daisuki

A new world. A new ruler. Lelouch Lamperouge forces his way to create a better world for his sister, Nunally... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: Preparation
Chapter 2: Transferee 1
Chapter 3: Transferee 2
Chapter 4: Shirley Fenette
Chapter6: The Intrusion
Chapter 7: School Festival
Chapter 8: Zero's Return
Chapter 9: Black Knights
Chapter 5: The Lost Item
Chapter 10: Zero's Attack
Chapter 11: Shirley's Scarf
Chapter 12: Knightmare Frame Gawain
Chapter 13: The Swimming Contest
Chapter 14: The Witch's Date
Chapter 15: Kallen's Moments
Chapter 16: Suzaku's Side
Chapter 17: The Unforeseen Event
Chapter 18: The Clash in the Britannian Hall
Chapter 19: Doubts and Realizations
Chapter 20: The Comfort She Gives
Disclaimer:
Chapter 22: Northern Island of Japan
Chapter 23: Zero's Identity
Chapter 24: Give me a break!
Chapter 25: The First Contractor
Chapter 26: The First Contractor II
Chapter 27: The One Who Chooses
Chapter 28: The Devil And Angel's Encounter
Lelouch's Wife
Chapter 29: Top Student Vs. Pizza Addict
Shirley's First Heartbreak
Chapter 30: Their Kiss
Chapter 31: CC's Past
Chapter 32: Princess Cornelia
Chapter 33: Marianne Vi Britannia
Chapter 34: Victor zi Britannia
Chapter 35: The Knight
Chapter 36: New Geass User
notice
Note:
The Touch Of A Mother
The Meeting
The Truth
All-Out War I
All - Out War II
All - Out War III
Final Battle
Finale

Chapter 21: The Massacre

687 16 0
By Emina_Daisuki

Disclaimer: some part of this chapter originally happened at the anime, I only made a few changes. Credits to the rightful owner of Code Geass.

Zero goes to the headquarters early in the morning. Upon arriving, Kallen has already prepared the Gawain and she's just waiting for him to arrive.

"Drop me off at the back entrance. After that, you'll have to wait for me. No matter what happens, don't come out from your hiding place until I say so," says Zero.

"Yes," Kallen simply replies.

The two heads at the Fuji mountain where the Japanese are starting to gather for the announcement of Princess Euphemia. Kallen brings Lelouch at the back entrance where he could enter and confront the princess.

"Hide somewhere you could overlook the whole place," Zero orders Kallen before entering.

When he's inside, Princess Euphemia is nowhere to be seen. After a while, a beautiful pink-haired girl opens the door and is shocked to see Lelouch.

"Lelouch?!" Princess Euphemia gasped. "Why are you here? And why are you wearing those clothes. They look like Zero's."

"Euphie, I came to confirm if you're really giving freedom to the Japanese," Lelouch replies. "I am Zero and I will do all means to protect the Japanese from being oppressed. If you continue to deceive them, I will protect them. If my death grants them their freedom, then, shoot me right here and tell everyone that Zero has died."

"What?!" the princess exclaimed in surprise. "You couldn't be Zero. You're a Britannia, Lelouch. And the Special Administrative Zone of Japan is given to the Japanese. We all agreed to that even the Emperor and Prince Schneizel. If you're still doubting, I am willing to give up my title for them. Lelouch, stop the rebellion and I promise you that I won't tell a single person that you're Zero. And I can't shoot you, you know that you're a special person to me."

"You're willing to give up your title? It seems that you're desperate to give the Japanese their freedom as well. Is it because of Suzaku?" asks Zero. "Then, why don't you kill the Japanese who has attended this ceremony?"

"I can't possibly do that," Princess Euphemia retorted. Zero sighs and gives her a smile. "The Japanese are also part of the Britannian Empire. They're also people who get hurt like us. Killing them will only increase chaos and hatred of the Japanese to the Britannian Empire. And I won't do anything that would make Suzaku sad and I would never forgive myself if I did something as murdering innocent people."

"You're right," he agrees. "Then, I will help you--"

Zero is suddenly cut off when Princess Euphemia grabs the guns lying on the tables and speaks.

"Kill the Japanese," she says and ran off to the stage where the Japanese are waiting for her.

"What?!" Lelouch exclaims. "What happened?!"

He puts on his mask and runs after Princess Euphemia. Upon arriving at the stage, he was too late. Princess Euphemia already pulled the trigger, shooting the Japanese without hesitation. She seems to be not her usual self. Zero's mind is on panic, not knowing what to do first due to a lot of questions going through his mind. He is completely confused on what's going on.

"Euphie, stop!!" he yells but the princess simply looks at him for a brief moment before she continues shooting. Zero's eyes widen upon seeing that the princess is under control of his geass. The people scream and bellow in shock and grief of the deaths of their fellow kinsmen. Their cries of pain and anguish echoes at the place. Kallen, who is watching from afar, couldn't bear to watch them being killed helplessly.

"Zero, what are you doing?!!" she screams as tears fall on her cheeks. Her hands tremble in shock and anger at the same time. She is about to launch the Gawain and try to save the people, but Zero's order stops her from doing so.

"Do something quick, Lelouch," she desperately calls out."Please!"

"When did I activate my geass? I don't remember using it on her when I said that she should kill them. What happened?" Lelouch panicked. "No, what should I do first? Damn it, I can't focus at all..Whatever happened, I will deal with it later. I have to stop Euphie."

Zero draws out his gun with a trembling hand and points it to the rampaging princess. He hesitates to shoot her for a while since Princess Euphemia has been an important person in his life and her existence has affected his life. But the image of his younger sister appears in his mind which reminded him the goal he needs to achieve. So, he shoots her on her chest twice before she drops on the ground, not moving even an inch. Princess Euphemia looks at his direction and weakly smiles at him before her eyes closed. He watches her bleed with pain and grief. His hands shake while holding the gun. He knew that the princess he used to love is no longer breathing. Lots of emotions are swirling in his mind and he couldn't compose himself due to the instantaneous events but all he could say is;

"Farewell, Euphie. You may have been the first girl that I ever loved," says Zero before turning his attention to the Japanese who are now cheering for him who has saved them from a massacre. "Though, I killed my very first love, I must move forward even if it means regret and pain is coming with me. I must use this opportunity to make a good impression. This is a good chance for me to get the support of the Japanese."

"Hear me, people!! I bring justice to those people who needs it. And I want to bring peace and freedom to all of you, Japanese! I will fight those who oppress the weak and who flaunt their power for their selfish needs. I, Zero, will do these for your sake!!"

After having his speech, Zero disappears from sight which is a signal for Kallen to fetch him. Kallen gets out from her hiding place upon not seeing Zero.

"I'm at the back entrance," Zero says and so she went to fetch him. On their way to the headquarters, Kallen speaks.

"What happened when you confronted her?" she asks. "Why'd she kill a lot of people without hesitation? She seems to be acting weird."

Zero couldn't reply. He is still bothered in killing Princess Euphemia. He felt regret and pain on his chest. He never spoke a word until they arrive at the headquarters. He didn't talk with the Black Knights, he immediately heads in his quarters with a confuse mind.

"What is going on?" he asks himself. "Why couldn't I deactivate my geass? I have to go and get C.C back. She's the only one who could explain this."

"Shouldn't this be the best time to go and save her?" he asks so he immediately gathers the Black Knights and orders an attack at the Britannian Hall. "Their attention will be focused on the massacre and the death of Euphie. It would be easier for us to save her."

"We must do this quickly while the attention of the royalties is focused on the massacre," says Lelouch. "We will save C.C and we'll give justice to those Japanese who were killed by the princess. Kallen and I will force a way to the laboratory where they're keeping C.C. All of you must hold the Britannian Army until we could get her back."

"Roger that," the Black Knights replied and they immediately commenced their attack. Arriving at the Britannian hall wasn't that hard due to lack of security. It was easier for them to annihilate the Britannian Army due to the absence of the royalties as well as Kurt, Jeremiah, Guilford and Suzaku.

Using his geass on one of the scientists, Zero and Kallen were able to locate where C.C is but unfortunately, only Prince Schneizel could open the room.

"We have no choice but to force our way in," says Zero.

"But what if that woman gets hurt?" Kallen asks.

"No worries. As long as she lives, it won't be a problem," replies Zero.

Using the Gawain's slash harkens, the door is completely blown away. Zero ejects himself from the Gawain and enters the room.

"What took you so long?" asks a familiar voice coming from the huge tube. She's still wearing the yukata she wore at the festival. And as usual, her infamous smirk appears.

"C.C," says Zero feeling relieved that the witch looks fine and well.

"Use the slash harkens to break this tube and cut these restraints," C.C says to Kallen which she followed despite being annoyed and irritated. When she's finally free, C.C falls down the floor unable to move her body due to the tranquilizers injected to her.

"Carry me," she orders. "We don't have all the free time in the world to stare at each other. And we'll continue our reunion at the headquarters if you want to."

"It seems you're more than okay," Zero replies as he carries her and brings her to the Gawain where he is still carrying the witch since they don't fit in.

"Helpless, aren't you?" Kallen scoffs as they make their way out of the laboratory.

"Not really," replies the witch with her infamous smirk plastered on her face. "Aren't you the ones feeling helpless without me?"

"Could I hit that woman while she couldn't move?" Kallen gritted.

"Yes, you could after we make our way out safely," replies Zero. "Everyone, we have taken C.C back so head back to the headquarters."

"So, what happened while I was away?" asks C.C. "I'm sure problems are piled up since the great me has been captured."

"Will you shut up for once?" Zero scoffs in annoyance. "I might bring you back to that laboratory."

"Are you sure?" the witch teased. "I bet you wouldn't want to be away from me even for just a minute. Say it, don't hesitate."

"Shut up!!" the annoyed Kallen yelled. "You're both annoying the hell out of me!! If you're going to flirt, do it privately!!"

"Jealous, aren't we?" C.C teased with a smirk plastered on her face. "You should have seduced him when I was captured. Don't you know the word 'timing?'"

"I will kill you!!" Kallen replies. "And who's going to seduce who?! You're getting in my nerves!!"

Upon arriving at their headquarters, Zero has put C.C in his quarters so she could rest before seeing the Black Knights. When he sees them, they're watching the news involving the massacre.

"See?" Leo commented. "That was just a set up to kill the Japanese."

"Anyway, Zero, what happened when you confronted her?" asks Neil.

"I failed to convince her to stop their scheme and that happened," Zero lied. "We mustn't trust the Britannians or else something like that might happen again."

"Where's C.C?" asks Leo. "She seems to be weak when I saw her."

"She is just recovering from the tranquilizers they'd injected," Zero replies.

"Who's still recovering?" says a familiar voice.

"C.C!" Leo exclaimed as they watch the witch struts towards them.

"When did you able to move?" asks Kallen while giving her a death glare.

"Let me see," says the witch while pretending to think. "Back when we're already making our way out of the laboratory."

"Then, why'd you pretend like you were paralyzed?" Kallen snapped.

"Who told you I couldn't move? I didn't tell you such thing. It's your own fault in believing such without even knowing," replies C.C. "Or is my acting that realistic that even Zero believed I couldn't move at all?"

The two girls continued arguing with Kallen yelling out and trying to hit the witch who is causing her so much annoyance and irritation. C.C is simply relaxed while Travis is trying to stop Kallen from hitting her.

"It looks like we're back to normal," says Neil.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.6K 1K 31
The second book of a true knight Five years have passed since Lelouch died. You graduated from med school and have been assigned to the military to...
6.4K 70 16
It's been 2 years since the Zero Requium and Lelouch's wish wasn't granted for war continued between Japan and Bratannia so now Zero's resurrection i...
201K 4.9K 29
You had a normal life hanging out at your favorite cafe and friends. Suddenly your world was crush by your closest people who you thought they cared...
5.7K 146 32
Sakura Kururugi has had to play an act for the last year after the Black Knights revolution crumbled when Zero and Infinity left the final battle to...