Jeffie and The Lonely Boys (b...

By TheLYProject

Stuck on an island with five other guys, Jeffie doesn't understand what he's gotten himself into this time. N... More

Chapter 1: Man Eater
Chapter 2: Deductions and Introductions
Chapter 3: Rock Steady
Chapter 4: Leg up
Chapter 5: Narrow
Chapter 7: Midnight Memories
Chapter 8: Can't Remember to Forget You
Chapter 9: Seeing is deceiving
Chapter 10: Aching Soul

Chapter 6: Young and Beautiful

782 49 14
By TheLYProject

---------Comment pls ill give u a kiss xoxo-----------

          For the rest of the day, we trekked as far away from where we found that colossal spider as we could. Which probably just meant we were moving into another hungry beast's territory, but what choice did we have anyway? We kept small talk as we walked, occasionally eating berries or stopping to hide when we heard even the smallest of noises.

It's safe to say we were a little paranoid by now.

I found that Lance seemed to know the "101 ways to make Jeffie blush" without even trying. All he had to do was tell me he had an older sister back home in Louisiana, I'd say aren't the summers hot there, and he'd say with you around they'd be even hotter and i'm a mess. Cheesy puns just fit him so perfectly they don't sound sleazy.

The twins argued with each other, me, or Keaton a lot of the time; Elliot being the instigator usually, and Elijah having to stop us from throttling him. Felix strayed to talk to me or Elijah a few times, but mostly stuck with Keaton. Despite Keaton's vehement protests to liking any of us, he was pretty possessive of Felix. Felix didn't seem to mind too much, though.

Hell, if Keaton didn't seem like he hunted bears and saber tooth cats in his free time, I wouldn't mind either. But given his muscles are the size of my head and his voice is deeper than the Mariana Trench, I choose to steer clear so I don't get squashed.

Lance, on the other hand, somehow had all the qualities I liked (and didn't know I liked) in him. I was a sucker for dimples, a lean body and a sense of humor, but I had no idea cheesy one liners and excessive optimism turned me on.

I looked at Lance from the corner of my eye, watching him hum quietly to himself. "What are you singing?" I found myself asking before I could stop myself. He looked over at me, humming stopped.

"Pompeii, by Bastille. Have you heard it?" I nodded, and he smiled at me. "That song always makes me feel better. If I could choose one song to listen to for the rest of my life, it would be Pompeii. Plus, I'd totally bang Dan Smith into next week." I rolled my eyes, but smiled back nonetheless.

"You're a pervert. But that is amazing, and Dan Smith is hot." He made a noise of agreement, but questioning lit up his eyes.

"Jeffie, can I ask you something personal?" I looked ahead of us, the rest of the group was occupied in their own conversations like we were currently. I sighed.

"What's on your mind?" I said, looking back at him. The way he was looking at me made my heart skip a beat. He looked like he was trying to unravel me layer by layer with just his eyes. He realized I was looking now, but he didn't seem to care. He kept right on staring, until I gulped and cleared my throat. He blinked, shaking his head.

"I was just wondering, you know....if you were gay. I'm sorry, I know that's out of line and completely random, and it's only been a few days we've known each other but I can't help but want to know if the guy I'm slowly becoming fascinated by even plays for my team."

The last statement actually made me stumble, and Lance immediately reached out to keep me from falling. His hands were on my shoulders, and I slowly looked up to meet his gaze. Even if I wasn't gay, there is no way I could not be attracted to him in this moment.

My eyes dropped to his lips unintentionally, and I could feel my face redden as his eyes lowered to mine as well. Oh hell, I don't care if we're in the middle of a jungle deathtrap on hell island, I'm kiss this idiot's mouth right off his stupid face-

"HEY! LOVEBIRDS! You wanna get left behind and eaten or something?!" Keaton's loud, especially obnoxious at this moment voice snapped me out of my stupor, causing me to awkwardly stumble away from Lance.

I cast my eyes downward, immediately rushing to catch up with the group. My face felt unbearably hot, and Elliot wagging his eyebrows at me didn't help. Elijah elbowed his annoying twin in the side and came to walk with me instead.

"Ignore Elliot," Elijah said. "He lacks the on switch for common decency. But can I offer a word of advice?" I shrugged, actually wishing he'd just drop it.

"Whatever you're thinking of pursuing with Lance...be careful with it. We don't know where we are, why we're here, or if any of us are even going to survive this. I'm just saying...don't get in too deep when you might never see him again."

I grimaced. I would have preferred Elliot's heckling over that. The truth tends to stab deeper than the pin pricks of teasing and lies. I just nodded mutely, and Elijah gave me a pat on the back before walking away.

I ran a hand through my now slightly damp with sweat blond hair. What harm could making friends out of this be though? Granted, my interest in Lance so far isn't entirely platonic, but it's not like I'm in love. If we're gonna die here, might as well go out like lightning, right?

I bit my lip as I spotted Lance to my left, openly shooting me looks that certainly did not imply a platonic relationship.

Yeah. No harm to this at all.

*****~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~*****

A few hours later, the sun started to set, and we decided to stop for the day, and catch up on some sleep. We found an area between a few boulders that we fit in, and decided to stay there. It was getting darker by the minute, and I was happy to finally have something large and solid between me and whatever else might want to eat me out in that jungle.

I sighed heavily and slumped against a rock, sliding down it and shutting my eyes.

"Hey. Don't go to sleep yet, we have to talk about some things as a group first." I jerked, my eyes opening. Keaton had nudged me with his gargantuan foot, almost tipping me over. I grumbled at his back as walked away, and sat up. Jerk, couldn't let me chill for even a few minutes.

"Alright, listen up," Keaton said, clapping his hands together. Lance sat down next to me along with the twins and Felix, like a little boy scout troop around a campfire.

"Keaton you're a campfire." I said, needing to get that out. He gave me a weird look, and everyone around me started snickering.

"Okay, Jeffie. Anyways, we got extremely lucky today. A couple times. We need to be more careful, maybe figure out a route or something." Elijah, who seemed to frequently contest whatever Keaton had to say, spoke up.

"How are we suppose to do that? This place shifts and moves like a sidewinding snake. Whatever route we figure, it'll flip around so we're going opposite." I nodded in agreement, and Keaton furrowed his eyebrows.

"I know that. I didn't mean direction, exactly. More like a game plan. Stay low maybe, stick to the shadows more. I always feel so out in the open, like a sitting duck out here."

"I think it'd be better if we travelled high," Lance interjected. "There are probably more things that want to eat us on the ground of the jungle than if we went along a cliff or hill or something."

"I will undoubtedly fall off of any high place we travel on," Elliot said with absolute certainty. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"And why the hell is that?" He shrugged.

"I'm ultra clumsy. I'll be walking, and next thing I know i'll be soaring through the air like a bird."

"But birds can fly." I said, deadpanning.

"...A flightless bird then. A penguin." Keaton sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. I looked over at Felix, who was leaning back on his elbows.

"What do you think, Felix?" I asked him. He looked at me for a second before glancing back at the ground.

"I'm fine with whatever keeps us alive to be honest. "

"Well, we'll figure it all out in the morning. We all need some rest after today." Lance said, giving Keaton a look. Keaton huffed, looking like he wanted to figure it out now, but Lance was right. I'm exhausted, and the others must be too.

Everyone started to relax, and with an irrational panic I saw Lance turn to me, probably to ask if I wanted to sleep with him. Not sleep with him, but like next to him-never mind.

I jumped up, and before Lance could ask anything I plopped down between Elliot and Elijah, opting to sleep there. Ha! Now he can't get to me. I grinned at the twins, and Elliot was smirking back while Elijah rolled his eyes and turned over to sleep.

I sighed heavily, hoping Lance's feelings weren't hurt. I was just trying to avoid what would inevitably become an awkward situation.

I shut my eyes, trying to relax my mind. I then felt Elliot not-so-subtly sliding his arm around me.

"Elliot!" I hissed. He giggled in my ear and Elijah sighed beside me.

"He's a snuggler, Jeffie. I probably should have warned you." Elijah said. I tried to wriggle away, but Elliot was larger and stronger than me (who isn't) and held me tighter.

"A snuggler!? He's practically humping my leg!" Elijah just sighed again, but made no move to help me. This made Elliot snicker triumphantly, and settle in so we were 100% spooning. I growled darkly, but there was nothing I could do about it. He was like a Venus Fly Trap and I was the fly.

I really hope I get outta here soon, or all these damn men are gonna leave me breathless and strung out like a limp noodle. And that's not even the worst part. Ugh.

....I better not get a boner tonight or I'm feeding myself to that spider.

----------There you have it! Sorry this took a bit. But it's here now! Eheheh. I'm going away until Sunday/April 20th, cause it's my senior trip and i'll be in D.C all week. But until then, enjoy this update! Mwah xoxo (◡‿◡✿) ----------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.2K 2.1K 46
When humans become zombies and the world starts to crumble. It is when a group of teenagers acted as one to protect each other. But is it enough to s...
400 3 33
Six teenagers will be put in different situations and try to survive. Think of it as a video game. Each time they die, they wait until the next round...
784 168 16
Three different people, three different lives and three different stories. They have nothing in common except the steaming pile of mess their lives a...
8.4M 204K 41
Jesse Jackson is lost and hopeless in his own little world. His mind is full of dark secrets about his past, about the person he lost. That one night...