Yellow Tales of a Nigerian Ho...

By WeirderMum

A WATTPAD FEATURED STORY 20/10/2017 Highest Rank #1 in Non Fiction 14/12/17 #1 In Nigerian Stories Selected... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Epilogue 2
There's Something Happening!
Do Not Read
I'm Heartbroken!
I Need Triple Help Please!!!
IT'S A CRAZY WORLD!!!
To All Wattpad Nigerian Authors...

Chapter Four

8.2K 868 67
By WeirderMum

I know I promised to talk about Mama but there's something more incredible I needed to say. Just like I earlier stated, there has been immense interest in me especially from the men.

I feel that maybe my aunt has began questioning this sudden interest and has been watching me like a hawk.

Her elder sister, aunt Agnes came around this weekend and would spend a lot of time at home. She was still a student (she seems to hate school as she had spent more than ten years in different schools without graduating from any). She's been married for over ten years though still hoping for a child.

Simply put, I detest her. Yes I know aunt Oby was wicked but aunt Agnes was heart wrenchingly heartless. Sometimes I do ask myself if she actually have a heart beneath her skin! Anytime I'm told she'd be visiting, I would breathe in painfully and accept my fate cos I was certain my pain would be tripled.
*********

My recent abuser was someone I respected so much, someone I'd always believed could protect me.

"Let me just touch It" He said pointing at my newly sprout breasts. "You will enjoy it believe me. It's not painful at all, and your aunt will never find Out" He begged.

That was my 'uncle' per say, my aunt's boyfriend, Uncle KC. This ugly scene has been happening more frequently lately and I was being extra careful not to get trapped.

I shook my head in refusal and tried passing behind him but he placed his huge hands against the wall thereby obstructing my way.

"Aunty will soon call me, and she will beat me for being Late" I pleaded.

He grinned in excitement cos he knew that in any situation, he was coming out a winner. He came more closer and stretched out his hands towards my breast but in an instinctive defense, I pushed it away and made for the stairs, flying down for my life.

Safe now downstairs, I raised my chin to take a last glance at him. He was very furious, his expression revealed so. He fixated his eyes on me and nodded angrily. I briefly shut my eyes to calm my throbbing heart and when I blinked it open, I noticed he was still there, staring down at me.

Calm enough, I turned to make my way to the kitchen but was halted by a sudden painful slap on my young cheeks. I screamed out in pain and turned sharply to my assailant only to find my angry aunt shouting and raining abuses on me.

I tried saying a word but was shut up by more beatings. I fell on the floor crying profusely. She bent over my aching body and snatched her cell phone from my hands. She had asked me to bring it from their room which was where her boyfriend stalked me from. She kicked my back with her legs and walked away in anger.

I arose in pain to see her boyfriend smiling victoriously at me. He walked past pushing out his tongue mockingly at me. I only wished I could speak to someone to understand the pain I pass through everyday. Everyone was so busy in their life and none was willing to listen to me.

"If you let me have fun with you, I will stop her from beating you" Came my uncle's voice again.

Apparently he had returned to give me a better proposal. I looked up at him and for a second, wished the beatings could stop.

********
Mama was a young widow who owned a restaurant in a busy part of the town. I used the term "young widow" because she was among these women who hated being described as old. She was probably in her late fifties, dark, robust and tall for her age. I have seen pictures of her younger days, she actually was very beautiful...

Mama had her own group of friends who I actually refer to as her clique. They were the idiomatic "birds of a feather". This clique was primarily made up of widows, who were "crazy" and very actively involved in politics. Mama to her credit, also had a permanent boyfriend who was way younger than her. He was married and rode the popular okada within the town. He actually, practically became Mama's errand boy. He would come around in the morning to take Mama to her shop, go to the faraway market to buy some provisions and meat Mama would fry and sell in her shop, and then come back at the close of work to take Mama home.

I just explained Mama's permanent boyfriend, however she still had other flings and I still can't wrap my head around how she does it.

Mama I believe doesn't see her life as bad, in fact she few times brought her flings home. I would sleep at a corner in the room while they stay in another. Sometimes I will be forced to sleep in the parlor on my very little tiny bed while they relax in her room. Hope I didn't forget to mention that Mama loved me sleeping in her room? She says it's for warmth. She loved the Bible and would always command me to read out to her psalms 35, 91 & 23.
She would always remind me that it was her weapon of warfare.

I can still recall when she had an issue with her closest friend, they nearly fought dirty and it was all because of a man.
********
The holidays were fast approaching and I was gladly looking forward to it. I had tried to put on my best attitude so no one would accuse me and probably deny me the opportunity to go home. But my only worry was Mama's eldest daughter, aunt Agnes who was coming home today. I was still reminiscing about it all when I heard an okada drive into the compound, followed by her crooked laughing voice.

My heart sank.

I raced out to welcome her and to my surprise, she gave me a warm smile. I was glad and reassured myself that at least that was a good start.

I took her luggage upstairs and ran few errands for her. Mama came home almost immediately, she was happy too. I was sure something was going on and I needed to find out what. Gladly, my aunt Oby filled me in.

"Come, better wash all those your stinking clothes, I don't want to perceive any offensive odour neither do I want my in-law to choke to death when he finally comes home."

That's it! Aunty Agnes' husband was coming home after six years overseas and the world needed to hear it. I have heard so much about him and I could tell he was a nice man. His coming home would be in two months time but believe me, preparations were surprisingly on the way. He had sent some money for an apartment to be rented or bought as he didn't want to stay in the house upon his return.

Within few days, this happiness wore off and my aunt Agnes became the person I envisaged her to be. Her greatest mechanism for punishment was denying me food and yet forcing me to do all my chores. I would go hungry for days and she wouldn't bulge. Surprisingly aunt Oby would have pity and sneak in some food for me. I will munch it like a hungry lion and then wipe my mouth clean as if nothing happened. If she ever finds out that I was fed, the house would turn into Sodom and Gomorrah.

I needed to pay her back in her own coin, I was frantically looking for an opportunity

And just then, an opportunity came......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.7K 552 15
IN WHICH a girl bumped into a boy which spilled her Strawberry Fanta.. little did she know he would absolutely change her life...
10.8K 606 9
God does not take back the gifts once he gives them to you. You can use them at any time, although they are empowered supernaturally through the Holy...
15.4K 284 25
like life is a, like life is a, like life is a fairytale - barbie a fashion fairytale (you can request a character in my dms or in the comments on th...