My Best Friends Brother is my...

By Elizabethbloodstorm

Book 1 On a werewolfs sixteenth birthday, they finally are granted the senses to seek out their mate. Alyssa... More

Poem
Playlist
My Mate
1: Sugar pie?
2: I sound like Gollum
3:
4: Happiness isn't there
5: Goodnight
6: Little tickle monster
7: Dorian Lin is a hoe
8: Rosie you chicken
9: Wolfie-McWolf
10: Thick headed
11: Uni-verse
12: My problem
13: Work work work
14: Lip bite
15: Amy white - home
16: Long and boring
17: Day after day
18: Mine
19: Don't call
20: Little mate big problem
21: Time goes on
22: sour baby
23: Changing
24: guilty obnoxious selfish
25: Home, sweet home
26: Axels found out
28: Can't stop
29: Axe-l
30: A squad
31: Cinema
32: This time
33: Happy Birthday!
34: Happy Birthday to me
35: BOUNUS Happy Birthday from Rosie
36: Axie-poo
37: sing me lulling woman
38: The TIME IS NIGH
39: I'll just lay here
40: AMY-AYE
41: Home of our own
42: Small mate
43: Finals
44: The end to a beginning
Sequel
Wolf Gang

27: Stop

51.1K 1.4K 409
By Elizabethbloodstorm

Amy Allisons POV

I stared outside the window of mums white leather interior car, we had no idea as to where dad had gone - more or less which police station he had gone to. But where he was going to, we all knew. Nerves stood on end and everyones gaze was always shifting to Axel.

For once in my life I was glad they were not focused on me.

And then were the horrid, ever blooming thoughts of whatever happened to Alyssa.

What I had done, would haunt me forever. What I had said, what I had done. I stayed quiet, staring down at my hands in my lap, alone in the backseat as we drove across town - our future in the hands of our father.

Over the many years we had complained and gone to the police - Alyssa had never once been saved - her parents never getting into trouble.

But deep down - I knew this might just be different. In our semi-small town that was mostly owned by werewolves, sixteen was a somewhat - legal - age for the youth. Not the drinking age or driving age - but you were veiwed as an adult and that also meant that Alyssa could have herself removed from their custody and become independent.

Axel was the most alert, sat up ridged, constantly fidgeting and staring out the car. "If I ran there it would be faster." Axel complained, his eyes shifting over everything that flew past us. "I can hear sirens." Axel sat forward in his seat as Mum turned into Alyssa street.

Three police cars, two ambulances and Dads car. Axel didn't wait for the car to stop when he shoved the door open, jumping out the car quickly. Mum pulled over, the two of us getting out to the horrific sight. Watching Axel run across the road, Dad grabbing him by the shouder to keep him back.

Police men walked scruffy, old men out of the home. My heart beated widely in my chest at the sight of the strangers. Hastily I undid my seat belt and got out of the car quickly. Mum didn't bother calling my name, as she to, got out of the car. My heart beat thrummed even louder as I got closer and and paramedics were wheeling someone out.

Then my heart stopped, breath catching in my throat as a Axel screamed, breaking away from Dad.

I could only watch as Axel was by the side of the bed, Alyssa was awake and staring up at Axel. Axel took her hand, shamelessly letting tears fall down his face.

I could see her busted lip, her black eye. And as Axel held her hand, the feeling of bile rising to my throat came. Large handprints marred her skin. I let tears leak out my eyes.

What had I done?

Why did I do it?

My mind cleared, I had been so selfish. I loved my brother. I loved my best friend. And them together was a complete dream come true. The two most important people in my life were meant to be together.

And yet here I stood, watching as Axel climbed into the ambulance with Alyssa. A sob escaped my lips as I feel to the ground.

Everything I had ever done.

The horrible things I've said.

What I said about my best friend.

The strongest, beautiful, perfect person in the world. She suffered so much and yet she was so carefree, loving and giving. She never treated anyone horribly.

And I didn't deserve the Angel who was being rushed away to safety.

Safety would always be Axel.

For her and myself.

I sat in the chair beside my parents, none of them had spoken to me, all wrapped up in worry. Axel hadn't left the room of Alyssa, holding onto her hand as she was checked over. The doctor told us nothing to terrible was wrong and that she needed to have a few days to heal. Tomorrow, she gets to come home. The doctor said she didn't need to be here and that she could leave tomorrow.

But that was before the police came.

They had woken Alyssa up and demanded a written statement from her. Which she gave, Axel by her side.

The police walked out, carrying Alyssas' neatly written statement. My eyes welled up in tears. I needed to go apologize.

"We have to go, visiting hours are over." Axel mumbled solemnly, we jumped, not having known he had left Alyssas side.

I still hadn't spoken, laying in bed that night, staring at the empty space that was where Alyssa would have slept.

Where she always slept. And then I was crying. No one told me what had been done to her, and so I feared the worse.

The very worse.

"Amy wake up." Dads voice woke me up. Of course it wasn't Axel, Axel woulf never forgive me for sending away his mate because she was his.

Memories came to me, everytime I took Axel for granted or mistreated him. How I didn't appreciate Alyssa and turned my back on her because she was having what I always wanted.

How dare I.

How dare I keep Alyssa from happiness. She never said she didn't want a mate - but she wouldn't go and seek them out. And Axel, my brother had kept silent for three years for me and her. Three years of trailing after Alyssa like a lovesick puppy. And I had gotten in the way.

"Amy we're going down to the station to hear the arrest." Dad closed the door. Slowly I sat up, already dressed. I didn't look in the mirror as I pulled on my shoes and tied back my hair. Slowly and quietly I made my way downstairs, not daring to look at anyone because - this was all my fault.

The attack had been three days ago and now - finally - the hearing was happening and Alyssas fate would be final.

I stared up at the officer behind the microphones with the crowd. Neither party had enough money to pay for a decent court - and the charges were there as the police - as the inspector said - had to pry the drunk men off Alyssa. That was all he said, a sick knot forming in my stomach.

Alyssa had to stay somewhere that only Axel knew about and stayed.

"Now this is the victims statment and wishes - " clearing his throat the inspector began to read out the final statement. "Upon entering the home Alyssa Mells was grabbed and held down by three men as her father and mother pegged empty glass bottles at her stomach - after having enough - the father started to throw punches while the mother tried to suffocate their daughter with her hands, punching her in the mouth which led to a split lip." The whole crowd was unsettled. "That is all I'm at liberty to discuss considering the torture lasted three hours." The inspector gulped, I closed my eyes in pain, a tear falling. "Any questions?" That's when the questions came and the whole precinct was humiliated, having questions asked as to 'why they dissmissed these accusations of domestic violence throughout the years'.

My eyes then caught the familiar curls that was Alyssa and I started shoving my way through the crowd.

Axels eyes locked with mine - becoming an unreadable expression as I stopped approaching. He seemed to say you can do better than this. And he was right, there was no way I was going to apologize in such unmeaningful conditions.

Alyssa will get the best apology.

I will sleep on the couch for the rest of my life - if only she would come back.

I would never dream about my mate - until she was again my friend.

I will take back the words I said - because I never once meant them. Ever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 3.7K 20
Kyle is a gay omega. His dad abuses him because his mom died during his birth. His only salvation is finding a mate on his 16th birthday, in 6 days...
388K 4.4K 7
READ BOOK ONE : "MY MATE.....IS A NERD?" FIRST Book 4 of the "My Mate......" series Ryker Storm is the alpha of the Alpha is the Moonlit Oasis Pack...
401K 11.2K 43
❝She was willing to lose herself to save him.❞ Having her entire family murdered at only the age of 9, Emma Stravog is seething for revenge. The clo...
62.5K 2.7K 38
(Completed) "Well, you see, I am a werewolf," he said hesitantly. She rolled her eyes. "Is that supposed to be news to me?" "And, well, you're my m...