Take A Walk (A Hunter Hayes F...

De Nethii120700

❝I'll take a walk, clear my thoughts, move along, no questions asked. Take whatever's left of me, and leave y... Mai multe

Take A Walk (A Hunter Hayes Fanfiction, Book 5 of The Hardships Saga)
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four

Chapter Thirty-Five

111 8 3
De Nethii120700

❝foster (pronounced ˈfɒstə or fos-ter), verb
bring up (a child that is not one's own by birth).❞  

Elle woke up a few hours later, feeling warmth on her back, and a warm arm draped over her waist. Drew had fallen asleep spooning her, the curtains drawn over the window, leaving the room dark. She moved his arm gently so that he wouldn't wake up, and noticed the lamp on on the other side of the room, illuminating a plate of food and a note on a piece of paper. She stood and plodded toward the table, picking up the note to read it.

I brought up dinner, but I think you look like you're a bit tired, so just eat this when you wake up. I love you cookie ❤︎

She looked at the plate. There was an artisan looking chicken burger of some sort on it, and an avocado salad on the side. She glanced back at Drew, who was still fast asleep, and smiled. He knew her so well. She ate the food, which, though it was cold, still tasted good, and went back to their bed, feeling considerably better.

Drew stirred. "Did you eat?" he mumbled.

"Yeah. Thank you, Beanbag, it was amazing."

He hummed tiredly, wrapping an arm around her and pulling her into his body again, placing a sloppy kiss on her ear instead of her cheek. "Love you," he managed to get out, before falling fast asleep again.

She fell back asleep too, this time far more relaxed and not in as much pain. This was what she had wanted.

<><><><><><><><>

Phoenix and Ebony were making out on his bed.

It was around midday. Hunter was at the studio, the kids were at school, and Ryan was too. He had the house to himself, and called Ebony over out of boredom. They started out doing some work, and somehow, they got to this point.

He wasn't complaining, after all. She was still beautiful, and he still loved her more than anything. He pulled away slightly, breathing heavily. "I love you."

"I love you too," she muttered, before kissing him again, and he closed his eyes, letting himself lose his train of thought in her.

They heard the front door open and quickly sprung apart. Ebony smoothed her hair over her scar again, adjusting herself to look like she was reading on the bed, and Phoenix mussed his curls enough that he looked natural. A split second later, Ryan appeared at the door. "Hey, kids!"

"Hi, Ma."

"Hey, Ryan!"

"You didn't tell me Ebony was coming over, Nick!" said Ryan, trying to not to laugh at how flustered and red they both looked, despite trying to act completely natural. Red ran into the room and jumped onto Phoenix's bed, making him chuckle.

"Hey there, Red. How was school?"

"Good! I was playing in the sand today!"

"She certainly was, weren't you, my little munchkin?" said Ryan, lifting her up, and Phoenix watched the shower of sand from her golden hair. She smiled mischievously, and Ryan kissed her nose. "Can I get you two anything?"

"We're good, Ma, thank you."

They left, and Ebony sighed. "I wish I was as good at sign language as you guys are. All I understood just then was 'good'."

"I mean, it took me like three years to get it," said Phoenix, kissing her cheek. "Don't worry about it. She said that she was playing in the sand today, and so she had a good day."

She nodded, then chuckled. "You know what Angie from school was asking me the other day?"

"Hmm?"

"Why you never smile," she said with a chuckle. "I told her it's because I've got a knife to your back all the time."

"You can't be telling people the truth, Ebby," he said, and she laughed. A tiny smile graced his own features, and he kissed her again. "My raven," he said gently. "I love you."

"You smile with your eyes. I think that's more genuine than most people."

"It does take a lot of practise to get this moody atmosphere that I've got going."

"You're an ass."

"You love my ass, don't be silly," he countered, and she nudged him with her foot, laughing again. Her eyes were bright and happy- happier than usual. "So, what's got you in such a good mood?"

"Huh?"

"You've been happy this whole time."

"I'm always happy."

"I mean, that's true, but you also haven't been this happy in a long time."

"I dunno. Callum and Emma have been more... accomodating? They've been really happy with having me around, they even introduce me as their daughter now, not just their foster daughter."

"That's amazing!" He raised his eyebrows at her, his dark eyes sparkling. "Who knows, maybe that'll even mean an adoption on the horizon?"

"You're being too optimistic," she said lightheartedly, but Phoenix could hear the hope in her voice.

"Your birthday's coming up," he said, lying back, giving up all pretense of study.

"Correct," she said, as Nita jumped onto the bed and lay across Ebony's lap. If there was anyone Nita loved more than Phoenix, it would be Ebony, who begun stroking the top of her head gently.

"What do you want?"

"A tennis ball."

"What do you want with a tennis ball?"

"I dunno. I've found that people get upset if you don't want anything for your birthday, or Christmas, or whatever, and tell them so. So I have a list of menial things that I'll never use."

He chuckled, looking at her. "I'm different, though. What would you like from me?"

"Just come to my house for dinner. I'll be happier with that than anything. It's about time you met Emma and Callum properly, they didn't even know you existed 'til the other day."

"When is it?"

"This coming Friday."

"So it's on your birthday?"

"Yeah, it'll just be us. I'm the oldest, so you'll be the only guest, I hope you don't mind."

Phoenix, as Ebony very well knew, didn't like social interaction all that much. His lack of smiling and his offbeat humour could be seen as a bit antisocial, almost rude. Ebony was okay with it, but there was a reason so many people asked why Ebony even bothered with someone as odd as Phoenix. "I'll..." He sighed. "I'll try. If that's the only thing you want for your birthday, I promise I'll try."

She smiled at him. "Thank you, Apple. I appreciate it."

"Anything for you."

<><><><><><><><>

Spencer came up from under the water, shaking off his hair and taking deep, gulping breaths. He glanced around, noticing the clock. A minute and a half, he'd stayed under the water- a new record for him. He pushed his water-darkened blonde hair out of his eyes, and shook his hair out again. A mother gave him a dirty look, and he smiled apologetically.

People could still notice his limp, but it had gotten a thousand times better since the car accident. Swimming always helped. Swimming was a way out of life for him, when he just felt a bit overwhelmed, or when he just wasn't feeling very happy. At nine years old, he was doing well in school, not suffering from the dyslexia that his mother and his two sisters before him did. He got out of the pool, and Ryan glanced up. "You're good to get changed alone, or do you want me in there with you?"

"No, I'm fine," he said, grabbing his bag. "What's for dinner, Ma?"

"I'll buy you something on the way back."

"Yay! Thank you, Ma!"

She laughed. "Go on, then, get changed."

He did so as quickly as he could, and he and Ryan went to get some food for the whole family. They brought back KFC, and Ryan walked through the house, listening to voices filtering down from Phoenix's room.

"Ry?"

"Yeah, Hunt?"

"Do you think a tie would be too much?"

She walked in, seeing Phoenix standing in front of his mirror with his best grey shirt and black dress pants. "Is this for dinner out with Ebony's family, love?"

"They're going out to a restaurant, she just told me. I was gonna wear jeans, but apparently it's kinda fancy."

"I see. Maybe you should wear just a suit jacket and leave it at that then?"

"Yeah, I think- I think that's good." He slipped his blazer on and looked at himself in the mirror. The blazer looked good on him, since it was tailor-made, and he looked quite dapper. "How do I look?"

"Perfect," said Ryan. "When are you leaving?"

"In a few minutes, I called a cab. I'll message you when I get there."

"Alright. Take care, make sure to make a good impression!"

"Of course," said Phoenix, hugging both his parents. "I love you guys. I'll see you soon."

He left the house, clambering into the taxi and attempting to smooth down his unruly hair. He looked outside as the car began to move, and hoped to God that Ebony's foster parents would like him. He played with the little box in his hand nervously. He had sought out Drew's help for it, and he prayed she'd like it as much as he thought she would.

He arrived at their house, a two storey building with many lights illuminating the garden. It was a nice house, with a lovely atmosphere. He could hear talking and laughter inside, and he rung the doorbell, trying hard to not fidget with his blazer sleeve.

Ebony opened the door, looking radiant and beautiful. She was wearing a black dress made of some kind of satin, and a lace overlay over the skirt, white. Her makeup was done differently to how it usually was, and it looked... she just looked...

"Wow," was the first thing that left his mouth. "You're... wow."

She smiled. "Not so bad yourself, handsome."

He kissed her gently, letting his arm circle her waist. "Happy birthday," he murmured into her ear, hugging her. "You look beautiful, my raven."

"Thank you," she breathed. "I'm so glad you're here. I know you're not comfortable, but-"

"So, is this the famous Phoenix?"

Phoenix pulled away from Ebony quickly, looking up and seeing Ebony's foster parents. Callum was tall, with light hair and dark eyes, and smile crinkles around his eyes. Emma, too, was quite tall, with long, dark hair to her waist, and eyes bluer than any he'd seen before. He attempted a small smile, and nodded his head, holding out his hand to them. "That's right. I go by Nick, too, if that's easier."

"Well, Nick, it's a pleasure to finally meet you," said Emma, coming forward and shaking his hand as well. "It's just the three of us, and so we're going to dinner."

"Yeah, Emma, I told him," said Ebony, moving closer to him and taking his hand. He felt far more comfortable with her at his side. "Should we get going?"

"Yep. Let's get moving," said Emma, and the four walked to the car, sitting down and making their way to the fancy restaurant.

<><><><><><><><>

Phoenix took a sip of his water and Ebony smiled at him slightly. Emma and Callum looked very happy, sitting together on the other end of the table. "So, Phoenix, what do you do?"

"I paint, sir."

"You paint?"

"You should see his drawings. He's incredible."

"I do what I can," said Phoenix. "I've been painting all my life, and I've been entering them into competitions. My artwork is going to be shown in a gallery soon."

"That's quite the achievement for someone your age," said Emma.

"Thank you, ma'am."

"Well, Eb, I think it's about time we give you your birthday present," said Callum, looking at Emma with a small smile. "It's your choice whether or not you choose to accept it or not, of course, but... we hope you like it."

"I'm sure I will."

They handed her an envelope, and she frowned, glancing at them. "What's this?" she asked slowly.

"Why don't you open it and find out?" suggested Emma with a smile.

She opened the envelope, and Phoenix read over her shoulder.

An adoption certificate.

Ebony looked up, her jaw dropping and her eyes filling with tears. "W-What?"

"If you're okay with it, we'd like to stop fostering you and legally adopt you."

Phoenix's eyes were wide, and Ebony turned and looked at him. "I can stay?" she breathed, still gazing at him.

"If you choose to."

"I- yes. Yes!" She jumped up and hugged her now-parents with a quiet sob, and they held her. Phoenix wiped away a tear when he thought no one was watching. She was staying. She wouldn't disappear. She was staying. She was his.

"I can't believe it," whispered Ebony, finally returning to her seat and hugging Phoenix. "I'm so shocked."

"I told you it was an adoption on the horizon," he said, kissing the top of her head.

"You knew?"

"No. I guessed, and I was right." He smiled at Emma and Callum. Emma was crying slightly, Callum was beaming. "I'm just glad you're here to stay."

"Me, too. I'm glad I'm here to stay, too."

*a/n: i wrote this like five days ago and forgot to update it

nethii <3*

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

48.9K 361 33
𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐲 𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬/𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐞/𝐧 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧 '𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐲' 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐦𝐚...
9.5K 422 48
I didn't think I would ever find someone who would actually love me. I always felt so worthless and pitiful. It was like there was no actual reason t...
1.5M 24.5K 87
I've been into doing imagines, I couldn't resist a why don't we series.
13K 418 25
"i don't care, even if the world is against us, i will always love you." cashlynn dallas and hunter rowland have been best friends for as long as the...