A Year Abroad (Hermione/Vikto...

By paigelindssay

In an alternative universe, Hermione is at the end of her third year, the war is over and Dumbledore has been... More

Changing Places
First Impressions
Problems with Boggarts
Exhile
The Love Potion
Help From The Headmaster
Redemption
Building Bridges
War Stories
New Arrivals
Fire
Soft Souls
Wipe
Memories
Return
Anxiety
Relaxation
Glass
Departure
The Sea
It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas
Christmas Day
Three Men
Rain Training
The Friendly Giant
A Girl of Durmstrang
Finally Free
Decisions
Difficult Choices
Honesty
Breaking The News
Problems with Reporters
The Jersey
Moving Out
Moving In
Making Arrangements
Biggest Fan
Support
Here Comes The Rain
Rain Games
Life Changes
The Split
The Aftermath
Arriving Alone
Acknowledgment
Surprise Visit
En EspaƱa
Dragon Training
Communication
Making Time
Your Hands Are Cold
Photographs
Birthdays
Stupid In Love
Christmas With The Krums
New Year
Diving Under
Explosive Emotions
Final Challenge
Celebrations
Happy Birthday Hermione
Surprise Party
Visions
Changing The Future
Mediwitches and Muggles
Muggle World
The Fall
Isolation
Look Through My Eyes
The Garden Party
Graduation
Best Man
The Stag Night
The End

My Valentine

1.6K 55 2
By paigelindssay

Valentine's day had taken over Durmstrang. Although it was a muggle holiday, within the last few years the men had become fond of the tradition, so much that Chigvintsev had granted them the day off to go and see their other halves. The quidditch team had spoke of nothing but their sweethearts back at home that they would be able to see for a single day. Those who were single resented the holiday with a vengeance.

Viktor had never had someone before and he too had felt bitter about the day off. However, now that he had Hermione, he found himself very lucky to have the day off to spend time together. He had planned a day for them, with the help of his Mother and he had sent her a letter to meet him by the hall at eleven and of course, she was there early and he smiled when he saw her, stood in a pink dress and cream cardigan, playing with one of her buttons.

Hermione was shocked when she saw Viktor, all jumper and jeans. She had never seen him this way before, but she enjoyed the change. He lost a fraction of his hard veneer and looked more muggle than he had ever before.
"You look beautiful." He smiled down at her, kissing her on the cheek, causing her to blush.
"Thank you. You look very handsome." Hermione complimented him back.
"Where are we going today?" She asked, the curiosity eating away at her.
"That is a surprise." He smiled and led her away from the castle.

Hermione wondered what on earth they were going to be doing today. She had never been taken on a date before, let alone a valentine's date. When they got outside and Viktor picked up his broom, Hermione began to worry.
"Why have you got your broom?" Hermione asked and Viktor smiled mischievously.
"I know you don't fly, but I am taking you today." He told her, smile wide on his face. Hermione felt the blood rush out of her face.
"No, no. There's a reason I don't fly." She held her hands out in front of her chest.
"Do you trust me?" Viktor asked, looking straight into her eyes and when she looked back she had to admit that yes, she did trust him.
"Just go slow, I don't want world cup speed." Her eyes warned him as she placed herself on top of the broom.
"I vill be here." He whispered, placing his arms around her to grip the broom in front of her.

Hermione squeezed her eyes shut as she felt herself lift off the ground. She was terrified. She had never been one for flying. She was a fan of having both of her feet firmly on the ground. But if she was going to be in the air, she was glad she was with Viktor. She felt him behind her and she felt a warm, honey like feeling wash over her.
"Open your eyes." He whispered to her and she did so. Hermione gasped. They were zipping through the clouds and despite her request, he was flying far faster than she had anticipated. She placed her hands back onto his thighs, in a plea for him to slow down.
"Don't vorry. I am here." Viktor spoke in English and patted himself on the back mentally for his pronunciation. There was not far left of their journey and he was glad that he could feel Hermione relaxing. Flying was such a massive part of his life and he wanted her to understand.

After a while, Hermione enjoyed the fresh air and the feeling of an empty mind that she got from flying. She could see the appeal now that she was in the air. However, once they began to descend, she felt her muscles tighten, in fear that she might fall.
"You're going nowhere." He kissed her cheek and leant in closer. Hermione's breath slowed and they came to a graceful landing, both feet finally on the ground, outside of his family home.

Viktor placed both hands on the side of Hermione's face.
"That vasn't so bad, vas it?" He asked and she shook her head smiling up softly at him. He placed a soft kiss to her lips, leaving her speechless.

Hermione basked in the attention and affection of Viktor. She still couldn't believe that he had chosen her, that Viktor Krum was stood with her at his home, kissing her on valentine's day.
"Let's go inside." He led her in by the hand and she sighed with pleasure when she felt the warmth of the house. She was glad to be back, after being away for two months.

Viktor had arranged with his Mother that he and Hermione would have a picnic in the garden room. When they got there, the food as there, the wine was there and Viktor was incredibly impressed by his Mother's arrangement skills.
"Oh Viktor." Hermione gasped when they entered. There were roses everywhere, of every colour Hermione breathed in their sweet scent and hummed to herself. The sun came through the glass walls and the blanket on the floor was white with red polka dots. There were wine glasses and a basket of bread and it was all just so perfect.

They sat and Viktor began plating out food. He placed meats, cheese, grapes all on Hermione's plate whilst she passed him a bread roll.
"Close your eyes." Viktor whispered once they both had their food and watched as Hermione's eyes fell shut. He leant over and silently removed the translating devices from her ears. He knew his English was not perfect, but it was good enough to get him through a conversation.

Hermione was confused when she felt Viktor remove her earbuds. She opened her eyes and looked at him with confusion on her face.
"Viktor I don't understand." She stated.
"Ve don't need them. Not right now." He smiled and it took Hermione a little while to process what was happening.
"You've learnt english?!" She clasped a hand over her mouth.
"I am learning. I am not finished." He smiled at her, a genuine smile.
"You did this for me?" Hermione asked, her bottom lip quivering. Viktor nodded and delighted him seeing Hermione giggle in the girlish way he had always dreamt of.

They ate in silence and that silence was golden. Hermione felt naughty drinking the sweet, fruity wine. Viktor placed a grape in Hermione's mouth and she could feel her pulse racing. She had never felt what she felt for Viktor for anyone else before in her life. And that both scared her and excited her.

After their lunch, Viktor took Hermione to his favourite room in the house. It was small and cosy with a two seater sofa and an arm chair. He sat and patted his lap. Hermione sat beside him and laid her head on his lap, looking up at him. She was surprised how comfortable she felt trusting someone so much. He smoothed her hair instinctively and she purred along with pleasure.
"So who is teaching you English?" She asked, looking up at him.
"Dumbledore." He looked down at her and smiled. Her eyes widened.
"That is very kind of him." She stated.
"He is great man." Viktor agreed.
"How long have you been learning?" She whispered, taking his hand in hers.
"Since ve visit Hogvarts." Hermione felt a little deceived that she had not been told about these lessons, but she did not feel hurt. She was flattered that someone had gone out of their way to learn for her.

Viktor's Mother had arranged their annual party for this night, in order to give Hermione and Viktor the night they deserved. The band had arrived and the chef had been cooking all day. Ada could barely contain her excitement.

Viktor led Hermione to her room, as it had been dubbed since she had stayed there.
"My family are having party tonight. My Mother arrange it." Hermione nodded, feeling a sudden feeling of dread run through her body.
"Vhat is it?" Viktor asked, sensing her discomfort.
"I'm just not very good at parties." She looked down at her feet.
"You are perfect." He reassured her, before leaving her to get dressed.

Ada knocked at Hermione's door.
"Her-my-knee?" She called and Hermione dashed to find her translators.
"Come on in!" Hermione called. Ada entered and smiled seeing the girl sat on the end of her bed.
"How are you?" She asked.
"Nervous." Hermione found no use in lying.
"That's okay. Ve vill all be there." She smiled and Hermione found some comfort in that.
"Let's get you ready." Ada announced. Hermione wondered what she had in stall.

The dress was beautiful, absolutely beautiful. The bodice was made of blue satin and sat prettily on her, then the skirt flared out into layers of a soft draping. Ada sat her down and began on her hair before she could look at herself in a mirror.

Ada knew that Hermione's curly, unruly hair would be difficult to tame. So she had researched some advanced techniques, that proved very handy. Ada managed to tame Hermione's hair into a soft updo, with a single tendril falling ono her neck. Ada stood back and nodded, proud of her work. She then slid on the small heels that she had got for Hermione and placed her in front of the mirror.

Hermione had not breath left in her lungs. She didn't recognise the woman in the mirror. She had never worn anything as fine as this dress before in her life, but she didn't feel out of place in it. Her hair was softer and smoother than she had ever seen it. She looked like a girl that could date Viktor Krum, that could equal to him.
"Thank you." Hermione turned to Ada and embraced her.
"Anything for you." Ada whispered into the embrace.

Ada and Hermione ate together. Hermione asked why she couldn't eat with Viktor and Ada explained that he couldn't see her before the party. Hermione accepted this and ate her food. The beef stroganoff was melt-in-the-mouth good. They ate in silence, a nervous energy pulsed from Hermione, but Ada decided it was a better idea just to leave her.

Viktor had dressed, and eaten with his father. He wished he could have been eating with Hermione but he understood why he could not.
"This is getting pretty serious." Andon stated looking up at Viktor.
"Yes Father." Viktor replied, his head remaining completely still.
"She is very young." Andon stated once again.
"I know this, Father. But you know that she is older than her years." Andon nodded.
"What is she doing for the summer, before she goes back to Hogwarts?" Andon asked inquisitively.
"I don't know." Viktor replied.
"Why don't you take her with you when you start your training with the Bulgarian team? We have a place in the city." Viktor couldn't believe his Father's words.
"Thank you, Father. You are too kind. I shall ask her." Viktor felt his palms become sweaty at the thought of asking Hermione to stay with him over summer.

Once they had finished eating, Hermione and Ada sat in silence.
"You know, you are the first girl he has ever brought to us." Ada broke the silence. Hermione smiled as she felt her cheeks blush.
"Really?" Hermione couldn't believe that their wasn't a dozen witches before her.
"No, you are different. I see that." Ada gazed intensely at Hermione and she simply smiled back at the gaze.
"We should go, come." Ada held her hand out to Hermione.

Hermione was terrified. She couldn't quite walk right in her shoes, with her limp. But she attempted to make it work, whether she succeeded or not she was unsure. They came to the top of the stairs and Ada took her hand.
"I shall see you inside." She embraced Hermione, before leaving her to descend the stairs in her elegant, James-Bond style black satin gown.

Hermione stood for a moment. She feared that she would misstep and fall down the stairs, or her hair would fall out of its intricate style, or something else rather embarrassing would happen. But, she sucked up her fears and took the plunge, walking out onto the first step.

Viktor's breath was taken away. He had never seen Hermione look so beautiful. She was all blue satin and soft curls. He couldn't focus on anything else but her. He saw her blush, with his eyes locked on her and he smiled, knowing he had that effect on her.

Hermione gazed at Viktor as she descended the stairs. He wore a navy blue canvas shirt with his usual trousers and polished black boots. However much Hermione loved his little muggle look, this would always be better. He looked so smart and well put together that she could feel herself salivating.

When she reached him, Viktor held out his hand. Hermione took his hand and allowed him to pull her in close to his side.
"You look perfect." He whispered into her ear.
"Thank you, so do you." She replied and saw his genuine smile.

Hermione had been expecting a few friends, maybe some drinks. But no, the Krums had invited hundreds of people, family, friends, acquaintances, people they barely knew. Hermione was overwhelmed by the amount of people. Viktor led her over to a plump looking lady in a green dress.
"This is my Aunt." Viktor announced. Hermione lost the name in the crowd. She had her translators back in, so she could understand the woman.
"It is very nice to meet you, Hermione. Glad to see that Viktor finally has a girl!" She chuckled in a loud snorting manner and she smiled, shaking her hand, before moving on to the next relative.

Hermione was glad to be meeting Viktor's family, but she couldn't help feeling a little overwhelmed by it. She had no family for Viktor to meet, it was only her and the idea of being a part of another family scared her immensely.
"Come, let's dance."

Hermione knew that she would be no good at dancing, she had relinquished this dream. So, she followed Viktor onto the dancefloor and let him lead her. She placed her hand on his shoulder and looked up into his eyes. It seemed as if everyone else fell away and they were the only ones swaying along to whichever crooner was playing. Hermione felt her body melt like butter as she laid her head on his chest. She wished she could stay in this moment for every, no decisions to make, just this forever.

Viktor knew it was time, those three words had been on the tip of his tongue the entire day. He wanted to scream them in front of everybody, but he knew that Hermione would not appreciate that. Whilst her head was laid on his chest, he leant his head down and whispered.
"I love you." He heard Hermione's gasp, but relaxed when he pressed herself closer to him.

Hermione could not believe that Viktor had just told her he loved her. She had never been loved in this way before. She relaxed into him and stretched this moment out as far as it would go. She looked up at him, eyes wide with wonder.
"I love you too." She whispered and saw his genuine smile for the second time that evening.

Ada watched as her son kissed Hermione.
"I think she is the one." She whispered to her husband. Hermione was strong, yet vulnerable she was not a fan of quidditch and even less of watching Viktor. She supported him in his studies. She was the one for him, Ada was sure of it.
"I think you might just be right. Viktor is smitten with her." Andon smiled. Hermione and Viktor reminded him of Ada and himself so many years ago.

Hermione and Viktor danced and drank and laughed until the early hours of the morning. Hermione had never felt so giddy and in love before in her life and Viktor thanked every star there was for Hermione being in his life. He knew it was different this time, that this was the real thing. And he smiled down at her, glad that it had been Hermione whom he spent his first Valentine's day with.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 426 27
Hermione Granger does not make mistakes, at least not often. After making the biggest, dumbest, most horrible mistake of her life, Hermione must deal...
2.1M 45.5K 51
A Gryffindor girl, finally making her return to Hogwarts after being away for 5 years. A Slytherin boy, cocky, arrogant and lonely. The two unexpec...
120K 2.9K 30
She's a third year griffindor and best friends with lily Evans. But one night changes everything, As she disappeared in to the darkness, no one kn...
342 1 24
Hope Dumbledore is a witch! And a unique one at that. Hope will be entering her third year at Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry and this yea...