Wedding Bells✔️

By ChocolateBaby_x

"Whatever Our Souls Are Made Of, Yours And Mine Are The Same" Beyoncé Knowles was a young woman who, much to... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
¡READ!
Chapter 27 Part 2
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41{Part 1}
Chapter 40
Chapter 41 {Part 2}

Chapter 5

1.4K 69 39
By ChocolateBaby_x

Beyoncé

That very day me and Jay flew 1,639miles south back to my hometown so he could meet my parents to speed up the process. My thoughts were that as soon as we got 'married' then after a few months we could annul or divorce. I didn't want to be attached to this man for too long. I didn't even want to have sex.

I really liked Jay's mom and his sister. They seemed really friendly and caring and that made it even worse. In Kaari's words she'd 'found a new sister' and I couldn't imagine her emotions if she found out that it was a lie all along. She was a sweet, lovely girl and it would really hurt her. Ms Carter was a whole 'nother story......

"Are you alright? You look a little tired,"I examined Jay's face. His eyes were dreary and he could barely keep his eyes open. I slept like a big ass baby on the plane but when I woke up Jay was still on the phone handling business and whatever.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just tryna stay awake,"he sighed.

"Imma try and speed it up so we leave early,"I offered.

"It's alright Beyoncé,"he chuckled.

"You haven't met my parents yet. They can go on and on and on and on,"I rolled my eyes and he laughed. "I hope they like you. Hating you is one of the worst things that could happen right now,"I wiped my eyes.

"I'm unhatable. Everybody loves me,"he brushed his shoulders playfully.

I made a left and we were greeted by the huge house I'd grown up in.

"Beautiful, man. It's gorgeous,"he complimented my childhood home as we got out of the car.

"Thank you,"we walked up to the front door and I unlocked it with my key. I hadn't told anyone that I was coming- not even Mama. It wasn't like they needed to prepare anyway; all the house help they had would've done whatever needed to be done. For some reason they were always dressed to impress at home as well. Personally, I liked wearing a comfy onesie or a tank top and basketball shorts around the house, but Mama always wore head to toe designer for no reason.

"Hello?"I knew they were at home because I saw the cars parked outside.

"Beyoncé?"I heard my mother's voice. She came out of the library with a book in her hand.

"Hey Mama!"I ran to her and threw my arms around her.

"Oh Beyoncé, don't knock me over!"she laughed. "Why didn't you tell us you were leaving before? You know how your father gets about you traveling,"she asked once we pulled apart from the hug. I didn't have a strong relationship with her but at the same time our relationship wasn't weak and fragile. Growing up I was close to my mother but our bond disintegrated as I grew older. Whatever my father said my mother would do. She was his puppet. I could never be in that kind of relationship- to be someone's pet being pulled on a leash.

"I'm sorry Mama. I just had to bring someone to meet y'all,"Jay stepped forward and I took his hand. My father came down the stairs in his sleek Burberry suit.

"Beyoncé,"he cleared his throat.

"Mama, Daddy, meet my fiancé Shawn. Jay, these are my parents Mathew and Celestine Knowles,"I introduced them to each other.

"FIANCÉ?!"they screamed simultaneously.

"Girl I just knew you were hiding something. Beyoncé you is in trouble girl!"my little sister Solange strutted into the living room with her loud ass voice.

"Solange, lower your voice,"Mama looked at her.

"Jay, this is my sister Solange and Solange, this is Shawn."

"Girl, I already know him. Can I get a free album? Tickets? Money?"I rolled my eyes at the girl.

"Beyoncé Giselle Knowles,"Daddy breathed in deeply. Steam was whizzing out of his ears and nose like a bull. He was about to explode.

"Well seeing as we're revealing our hidden partners then imma just say that I have a boyfriend called Pedro Hernandez,"Solo shrugged.

"SOLANGE!"Mama burst out.

"Ain't my fault she got engaged in New York,"she shrugged.

"You have five seconds to leave my house right now,"Daddy pointed at Jay.

"Mathew I think we should here Beyoncé out first. I'm sure she has a reasonable, sensible, rational, relevant reason for this foolishness,"Mama gave me the 'you betta' look as she put a hand on Daddy's chest.

"Don't those words mean the same thing?"Solo piped up.

"Rosalinda, make a meal for us,"Mama instructed one of the maids here at our house.

"Mr Knowles are you okay?"

"I'll take care of 'Mr Knowles' Rosalinda. Now go and cook,"Mama spat.

As our meal was prepared we all sat down in Daddy's office.

"Mr Knowles, Mrs Knowles, it's lovely to meet you. Your house is absolutely stunning,"Jay stood up giving his hand to shake Daddy's but he looked at it with disgust.

"What kind of man proposes to a woman without the permission of her father? Do you know how much disrespect you have put on my name?!"he raised his voice making me roll my eyes.

"Daddy you've put the most disrespect on your own name I really don't understand what you mean,"I tilted my head. He knew what I was getting at and that kept him shut.

"Beyoncé you don't speak to your father like that!"

"Ummm I think I'm missing out on the tea here,"Solange leaned in.

"Solange go find something to do,"Daddy rolled his eyes.

"I have got something to do. I'm watching y'all fight and argue over something so irrelevant,"she giggled sitting back in the chair.

"Go find something to do outside of here, Solange,"Mama raised her eyebrow.

"Alright then. Y'all think I'm too immature for this just because I'm the youngest but trust me...tuh,"she raised her hands and left the office.

"Mr Knowles I meant no disrespect, honestly. I have fallen in love with your daughter and I couldn't wait a second more so I proposed to her. I'm so lucky to say that she said 'yes' and I am grateful for the woman you brought up,"looks like I'm not the only actor here. I think Jay should add 'actor' onto his list of occupations. His Wikipedia definitely needs changing.

"Could've fooled me. Judging by your profligate, painful and precipitous choice of words you're not the kind to settle down,"Mama raised her eyebrow for the 50th time already.

"They're talking about your lyrics,"I mumbled into his ear.

"Oh,um, Mrs Knowles being with your daughter has changed me and if you have heard my recent songs you'll see the change in my lyrics. She's been a ray of light in my life,"he smiled at me. How long could he keep this smile up for?

"'Ray of light'? How has Beyoncé been a 'ray of light' in your life in a different state? Where did y'all even meet?"

"We met at a bar when I went to New York,"I butted in thinking off the top of my head.

"And when did you go to New York?"

"Some months ago,"I shrugged.

"Beyoncé I am very disappointed in you. Jetting off to a different state and hooking up with immoral rappers like Jay F!"

"It's Jay Z for your information,"jay corrected my father making me giggle. He hated being corrected.

"Excuse me for not knowing. I don't listen to such garbage like 'Big Pimping',"Daddy spat.

"Nah you be listening to them dry ass orchestras in France,"we turned around to see Solange's head round the door. "Rosalinda's done,"she smiled.

"Welp, discussion is over. I'm getting married and y'all can't do anything about it,"I stood up and Jay slowly followed. I could smell Rosalinda's Puerto Rican cuisine from the office and it was making my mouth water.

~~~~
Author's Notes📝:

Another one for the night. I'll have to write more chapters but they're defo coming.

1.What do you think about Mathew and Tina's reaction?

2.Who do you think handled it better? The Carters or The Knowles?

Hint Hint☕️:

Rosalinda's an important character..y'all just don't know it yet😜😉

Vote&Comment. Lemme know what you think.

Love&Peace,

ChocolateBaby_x💤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.4K 5.4K 82
The way Jay treated her made her feel... love. He was love personified. He was sweet, generous, and caring. When she looked into his deep brown eyes...
341K 14.1K 46
Being the son of a preacher, 26 year old Shawn Carter's life hasn't been the most interesting. His everyday life involved mostly church. All that sud...
68.3K 1.8K 54
Beyoncé, 26 meets Shawn Carter one night at the club. Shawn proves to her that he is more than what she thinks he is. Will they manage to stick toget...
30.9K 1.7K 19
Beyoncé ran her offices with pride and empowerment, she loved to hire women and prove that a woman could do all a man could. Her area of work was dom...