If We Fall (A SoMa Fan-Fictio...

By MissRomanceJunkie

Maka is realising she's beginning to grow feelings for Soul. What she doesn't know is that Soul feels the sam... More

Blinded By Fear
Feelings Begin To Surface
What If...
Lets Hope Tonight
Author Notes
The Regret
Starting Fresh
BlackStar Is the Basketball God
No Disturbing The Patients
Apologies
No Ones Burden
Before The Fall
If We Fall, We Fall Together
When You Fall, You Fly
Before The Storm
Always By Your Side
Meme.
WOOHOO NEW CHAPTER

Training

2.4K 72 11
By MissRomanceJunkie

AUTHORS NOTE

(Took me ages, sorry. Don't hate for the wait. Ily my readers and follow me please it would mean a lot. Trying to gain more followers but ya know, that kinda hasn't been happening hah. Omfg sorry this would of been way longer and upper way quicker but I wrote the whole thing, without saving, and my phone went flat. I literally flipped a bitch before calming down and re-writing the whole thing. And comment if you want me to make another SoMa fanfiction. It would be much better than this one and way neater. Enjoy and comment if you want another SoMa Fanfic!)

<>~<>~<>

=Maka's P.O.V=

It had been two days since I was released from the infirmary. As soon as Stein gave me permission to leave, the first thing I wanted to do was get back to work. Training was a top priority to me at the moment. I had a feeling in the pit of my stomach that I had become a tad bit rusty in there.

Apparently Soul had other ideas when I was deemed healthy enough to go home. He had forced me to stay at home for at least a day and rest a bit more. I understood Soul wanted me to take it easy but I felt fine.

I needed to get back into the action. That whole day, I complained and glared at Soul whenever I got the chance. No matter how much I whined though, he refused to let me go and workout in any way, shape or form.

After that torturous day ended, Soul finally decided we needed to do some work. So here we were. Tsubaki, Patty and I were at a small gym exercising. Liz had decided she would rather go shopping than train and Patty was sitting in the corner, sleeping.

The guys had gone off to probably play a game of basketball, stating that they would distract us too much if they were in the gym. Morons.

Tsubaki started doing stretches in front of one of the many walls filled with mirrors. I chose a treadmill and began my day of hard work. Tsubaki put a pair of headphones on while she stretched, leaving me to entertain myself.

I couldn't talk to Tsubaki because she was busy with her music. A few people I remembered from the DWMA waved to me as they walked past but that was all the interaction I had. Convincing myself it was probably better to stay focused if there was no one to talk to.

I turned the speed on the treadmill up and decided today I would push myself. I would get back into shape.

That was the whole point of me being at the gym.

With a strong determination fuelling me, I turned the speed of the treadmill up higher.

I would become stronger. I wouldn't be useless. I would protect everyone. Especially...Soul.

It was my fault he was hurt so badly in our first fight against Crona. It was always my fault he got hurt in fights. Because of me...Soul has a large scar.

I bit the inside of my cheek hard to keep from screaming in frustration and let my thoughts take over. My heart was thudding against my chest. My legs were aching, I felt like I would collapse and yet I pressed onwards. Continuing to turn up the speed.

I had no idea how fast I was running but beads of sweat were rolling off of my forehead and down my cheeks. Panting for breath, I clenched my hands into fists and ran harder.

Never again would anyone get hurt because of me. I would destroy all kishins and any enemy that got in my way. I would become stronger!

"Maka," a voice called.

It seemed distant and so I shrugged it off and continued to run. My feet hitting the treadmill, as I started to loose myself to my memory's again.

"Maka!" The same voice said again, only much louder this time.

For some odd reason, as much as I wanted to stop I couldn't. It was like my body had a mind of its own. I couldn't quit now, I was only just beginning.

I would not be weak! I would not be any ones burden, especially not Soul's.

"Maka!" The voice yelled, suddenly becoming louder.

The moving platform underneath my feet stopped in a split second. I lurched forward and started to fall down.

A pair of hands grabbed me before I hit the ground. I looked up and saw Tsubaki smiling down at me. She helped me over to a long wooden bench seat, seeing as I couldn't walk.

I sat down and started to chug as much water from my drink bottle as I could. Giving Tsubaki a thankful smile, I wiped away the excess water around my mouth and sighed.

My knees were knocking against each other as my legs tremble un-controllably. Grabbing a small white towel out of my sports bag, I removed any sweat on my face and leaned against the wall behind me.

"You were running for a long time," Tsubaki informed me, sitting down on the bench. "You were shouting things too and looked like you were about to pass out."

"Oh," I mumbled looking at the floor in embarrassment. "Would that be why every single person in here is staring at me like I just grew another head?"

Tsubaki giggled softly and nodded.

"You worry me Maka," Tsubaki confessed, standing up from the bench to grab her bag "you always push yourself too hard."

"Im sorry," I apologised, scratching the back of my head "I think I should take a break now."

In all honesty, I didn't want to take a break. I was no where near finished training but I had to stop for Tsubaki's sake. I didn't want her worrying about me.

As I promised myself, I would be no ones burden. Worrying about me would certainly be a burden.

"Lunch break?" Tsubaki asked as Patty began waking up.

"Sure," I smiled, finally able to stand.

We headed out of the gym and sat down at a small cafe with out door seats. Tsubaki ordered a salad while I decided on a wrap. Patty wanted cookies which had me biting back a laugh. She was always so childish and innocent. Constantly happy. I envied her.

I also wondered how she could eat so much food and not gain a single pound. She was possibly younger than me by a few months as well and yet her bra size was bigger.

Patty truly was a mystery to all of us. We began eating our lunch's and soon the guys showed up.

BlackStar was shouting about how he would surpass God like always and Kid was laughing at his foolishness. Soul on the other hand, looked like he was in a entirely different place. He wasn't even concentrating in what was going on around him.

With a frown on his face and his hands shoved in his pockets, he took a seat next to me. Predictably enough, BlackStar sat next to Tsubaki while Kid settled himself down next to Patty.

Liz was still no where to be seen, most likely gawking at a pair of shoes that were too expensive.

"How about your god beats you all in game of basketball?!" BlackStar shouted, jumping on the table.

A chorus of yeah's were heard around the table. Tsubaki got BlackStar to calm down a bit and before I knew it everyone was getting up and leaving.

Soul was still sitting, staring off into no where like he hadn't heard any of that.

"Soul," I said quietly, touching his arm.

Soul blinked a few times and looked a little surprised.

"Oh uh yeah," he muttered, getting up from the table and following the others.

I was more than confused. What was wrong with him?

At the basketball court, BlackStar had announced that it would be boys against girls. As each team prepared tactics, I couldn't help but watch Soul. Kid and BlackStar were discussing their game plan while Soul looked at the ground.

After a few moments of whispering, Kid and BlackStar nodded before shouting 'yes' in unison.

"Are you ready Maka?" Tsubaki asked, smiling at me.

"Oh," I replied, forgetting she was standing beside me "yeah sure."

We began the game and raced the ball up and down the court. Soul had seemed to snap out of his daydreaming daze a little and had started to interact in the game.

Kid threw the ball to BlackStar which he caught easily. BlackStar was about to shoot when I started to block him. He smirked at me before making the shot. Lucky idiot got a three pointer.

I hadn't even realised I had gotten injured slightly until Tsubaki gave me a worried expression. Oddly enough, everyone stopped playing the game and looked at me with concern.

I brought my hand to my cheek and felt a wet type of substance. When I pulled my hand away to look, it had blotches of red covering it.

"BlackStar must of scratched me somehow when he shot," I shrugged, trying to give them all a reassuring smile.

Why were they worrying about me so much? I wasn't a child.

"Maka maybe you should take a break," Soul said, taking a few steps towards me.

"Why?!" I asked feeling my anger rise a little "because I'm too weak to handle this?"

Soul clenched his jaw and ran a hand through his scruffy white hair.

"I never said that," he replied through gritted teeth.

The rest of the group watched us with shocked expressions. It didn't matter to me. At the moment, Soul and I were the only ones on the court.

"You were thinking it though," I muttered, making my hand into a fist at my side to get rid of some of my rage.

"I just don't want you to get hurt again," Soul grumbled, not looking me in the eye.

"I guess you want me to stay weak as well then," I scoffed, maybe taking things a bit out of hand "for me to never become stronger. I'll always be the weakling, the one that needs protecting."

"I don't want you to push yourself too hard!" Soul yelled, intensifying the argument "you always take every thing out of hand. You need to rest!"

"I always take things out of hand huh?" I spat, crossing my arms over my chest "I guess your partner is just too irrational then."

I spun on my heel and strode away from the basketball court. Thankfully, no one followed me. Even though Soul and I had such a strong partnership, we fought about too much. I was a fool to think we could of been anything more.

We were just too different. I didn't want to go back to the apartment, but I had no other choice. I walked as quickly as I could, a few tears rolling down my cheeks every now and again.

Maybe I was weak.

When I reached the apartment, I headed strait to my room and closed the door. Sitting on the edge of my bed, I buried my head in my hands and sobbed quietly. I was such a foolish child. Wishing that everything would just perfectly work out. It won't work out, and it never will.

A/N:

(Sorry for the long wait. My internet keeps getting taken off of me and its very frustrating. Hope you enjoyed the short chapter and don't forget to comment if you want another SoMa fan fic after this one is finished.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

288K 9.4K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
666K 14.8K 42
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
344K 20.2K 74
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
734K 44.9K 109
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...