(2017 OLD) boring; meanie

By svtcorelove

"im just so boring" -- "he's the most intricate person i've ever met" -- in which wonwoo can't understand why... More

1. him over there
2. yeah, okay, sure
3. hey, lets hang
4. cus im boring
5. they're in love
6. maybe its you
7. you like him
8. let me pay
9. jisoo i know
10. no, its fine
12. you look constipated
13. please trust me
14. ill fix this
15. it was him
16. we should talk
18. i already said
19. you love me?
20. a new adventure

11. i would never

796 62 11
By svtcorelove

  "i didn't think you we're boring. i don't think you're boring. i never have jeon wonwoo and i never will." mingyu declared quietly, staring intently into wonwoo's eyes, trying to ensure how sincere he's being  

***

another week passed between mingyu and wonwoo's little talk and there was practically no interaction between them. mingyu wouldn't even look at wonwoo when they passed each other in the hallways, or even just greet him when they sat down for lunch together with the rest of their friends. wonwoo tried he really did but mingyu would ignore every pass wonwoo made.

its like no matter how hard he tried, mingyu just wouldn't budge.

***

wonwoo sighed as he packed up his books and placed them in his bag, he quickly shut his locker and made his way to the staircase. only it seems that plan got high wired when a very loud seokmin yells his name.

wonwoo turns around with a frown and sees seokmin and junhui both walking towards his in a fit of what seemed to be rage.

"okay look he hasn't been himself and he won't stop complaining please wonwoo just hang out with him" seokmin yells as he grabs ahold of wonwoo's shoulders, shaking them.

"seokmin what the hell" wonwoo spluttered, removing the other boy's hands from his shoulders.

he heard junhui give out an audible sigh before pushing seokmin to the side, now staring at wonwoo.

"what he means is, you and mingyu haven't hung out in forever and he really li-" junhui pauses "misses you so please hang out with him."

seokmin looks as if he's about to cry and wonwoo feels a great sense of deja vu.

he sighs and hangs his head like a disobedient puppy

"i know, i didn't mean to, he just he won't talk to me and i don't know how to get him to forgive me" wonwoo's voice breaks a little as he speaks and junhui perks up at that.

"look i know he's being stubborn, but you need to try harder. you know what he's like. please try wonwoo, you two are so good together. don't let this slip away" junhui says softly, placing a hand on wonwoo's upper arm in sympathy.

"look how about you two hang out tonight, we'll get him to your house at 6. be ready okay?" seokmin says hopefully, his eyes shining. wonwoo was really happy to know that mingyu had friends that cared so deeply about his happiness. he just wishes he was still considered one of those friends.

*** 

it was around 5: 56 when wonwoo was sitting at the kitchen table, both waiting and not waiting for his front door to receive a knock. he did know that the chances of seokmin arriving at his house exactly on time would be scarce but apart of him wished that as soon as the clock struck 6 pm that there would be three knocks on his door. 

he wanted to make up with mingyu, he does get that what he did was wrong and he should've made time for mingyu, but at the time he wanted to separate from mingyu a bit, he wanted to settle his heart not break mingyu's. he taps his fingers against the table nervously, what if he messed it up even further, what if he really ruined their friendship.

"wonwoo honey, you okay?" his mum asks walking into the kitchen, seeing her son look rather focused on tapping on the table.

wonwoo's head shoots up and meets his mother's worried gaze"yeah i'm just thinking" 

"about?" she asks softly, taking a seat next to wonwoo.

wonwoo sighs, there's no point in lying to her, she doesn't deserve that "mingyu"

his mother smiles "you haven't spoken about him for a while" she frowned '' are you two okay?" 

wonwoo blushes "no not really, but you make it sound like we were dating or something"

"well, you were kind of dating " his mother chuckles, "what happened between you two?"

"well it was kind of my fault, jisoo and i have been doing a lot of work on the newspaper and i was kind of neglecting him" wonwoo explains and his mother raises an eyebrow

"that doesn't seem like you" 

"i know it doesn't, i was also just maybe doing it because i wanted to distance myself from him" wonwoo mumbles but his mother still catches it.

"and why would you do that?" she asks pointedly, slightly knowing the answer to her own question.

wonwoo sighs again "because i may or may not like him and i wanted to try to get over him but i didn't wanna hurt him, which it seems is exactly what i did"

"oh honey" his mother sighs deeply, "it's alright" 

she rubs his back as wonwoo rests his head in his arms. 

"i ruined everything, mum, everything. he'll never wanna be my friend again"

"look, hun you'll only lose when you stop fighting, this boy obviously seems to mean a lot to you, and i know that you won't let a relationship get in the way of your school life, so i'm trusting you with him. fight for him wonwoo, get him back and make him yours, you deserve that." his mother speaks in a soothing matter like she used to whenever he accidentally broke something when he was small.

there are three knocks at the door and wonwoo's head shoots up.

"go on honey, go get him" his mother smiles and wonwoo jumps up, running to the door.

wonwoo takes a moment to compose himself as he reaches the door, not wanting to seem too desperate but at the same time not like he didn't care enough to just leave them waiting. when he finally opens the door mingyu is standing there on his phone with seokmin next to him, wearing a slightly forced awkward smile.

"hey, guys," wonwoo says wearily because he hasn't seen mingyu properly in a while and its making his heart go faster than usual.

"hey wonwoo!" seokmin yells excitedly making both mingyu and wonwoo flinch.

"wonwoo" mingyu mutters, not tearing his eyes from his phone. wonwoo's heart picks up again at the mention of his name which is only slightly sad.

"okay mingyu, remember what we talked about." seokmin whispered to mingyu making the taller roll his eyes. the tone which seokmin used reminded wonwoo of one a mother uses when dropping her child off for a playdate.

"whatever seokmin, you owe me" that made wonwoo's heart sting, the fact that mingyu didn't want to be around him, mingyu was doing this because seokmin is basically forcing him, not because he wanted to make up with wonwoo but because he had to. 

a part of wonwoo wanted to tell mingyu to go home, that he didn't have to be here, but he remembered what his mother had told him, to fight for mingyu. so no matter how bad he felt right now, he had to go through with this.

seokmin leaves with an encouraging smile and wonwoo closes the door behind mingyu as he enters. 

"your room i'm assuming" mingyu states before making his way to the staircase and wonwoo follows quietly, feeling slightly intimidated. he's never seen mingyu so timid and quiet, but at the same time, he can feel the irritation coming off of the taller boy. he doesn't like it. mingyu is the happiness in his life, mingyu is bright smiles and loud exclamations. mingyu is summer breezes and fun pop music. mingyu isn't quiet and passive-aggressive. 

wonwoo walks a bit slower than mingyu and sees his mother give him a thumbs up from the kitchen as he passes, an action which puts him a little more at ease. when he reaches his bedroom mingyu is already seated in his desk chair, on his phone once again. wonwoo sighs and sits down on his bed.

"so... what you wanna do?" wonwoo asks awkwardly, hoping that mingyu would budge in some way.

"i don't know wonwoo, you wanted me here" mingyu puts emphasis on the pronouns making wonwoo flinch in the slightest. mingyu then places his eyes back to his phone and stays quiet once again. wonwoo can't stand it, he can't stand mingyu and his stupid phone that's getting far more attention than needed. 

now in mingyu's defence, it's not that mingyu didn't wanna hang with him or talk to him he just felt that if anyone was gonna start this off it was going to be the one who ended it.

wonwoo takes a deep breath "mingyu talk to me pl-" 

"you're the one who stopped talking to me so why should i try and fix it" mingyu quickly cuts him off with the tiniest bit of venom in his tone, he didn't mean for it to be there, but it sure had affected wonwoo. 

wonwoo stiffens at mingyu's words and he knows mingyu is right. mingyu glances up at wonwoo and sees him stiff and looking slightly nervous. it makes him feel bad. he doesn't wanna hurt wonwoo but he's not gonna let this slide just like that.

"i- i didn't mean to stop talking to you i just i was busy and i thought well.." wonwoo trails off at the end of his sentence and mingyu looks up from his phone. he squints at wonwoo playing with his fingers and that's when he realises he fucked up. because now wonwoo is actually nervous and actually scared. he doesn't wonwoo to be scared of him, oh god.

"thought what wonwoo?" mingyu shifts the spinny chair closer to wonwoo and stares him down, as much as wonwoo might be scared of him right now, at least he was going to get answers.

there's a moment of silence as wonwoo gathers himself and tries to avoid mingyu's piercing stare.

"i thought you thought i was boring"

mingyu freezes, wonwoo though what?

"what?" mingyu blurts out slightly angry now

"i just- i never really spoke too much and when i did it felt like it was stuff you didn't care about so i just-" wonwoo's words are rushed yet they sound so sincere, and mingyu realises that wonwoo really doesn't see how amazing he really is. the defensive part of mingyu comes out and he moves even closer to wonwoo. 

"don't assume crap like that wonwoo" mingyu speaks pointedly, like its almost an order.

mingyu lifts wonwoo's head to look at him when wonwoo keeps his eyes trained on his fingers. wonwoo's eyes meet mingyu's and he quickly stops playing with his fingers in shock.

"i didn't think you we're boring. i don't think you're boring. i never have jeon wonwoo and i never will." mingyu declared quietly, staring intently into wonwoo's eyes, trying to ensure how sincere he's being.

wonwoo freezes and lets mingyu's words sink in, trying extremely hard to believe him.

"i uh sure okay that's good. um" wonwoo realises how close they are and blushes at the feeling of mingyu's fingers under his chin and the fact that they're close enough for wonwoo to smell mingyu's cologne, the same cologne he had on when they had to the movies. 

mingyu sees the pink dust on wonwoo's cheeks and smirks, knowing once again he had an undeniable effect on the elder. he glances down at wonwoo's lips and he has to pull some kind of restraint on himself to not just lean in and take advantage of the little bit of space between them.

"any ways what we're you busy with?" mingyu asks as he leans back, a smirk evident on his face.

"oh well nothing really just jisoo and i we needed to work on some stuff" wonwoo stutters out, still not over what had happed seconds ago.

"you can tell me if you two are dating, i won't judge" mingyu can't help but let a little venom slip into his tone. a part of him was one hindered percent willing to fight jisoo for wonwoo but the other part told him that he could never do something like that to a boy like jisoo.

"uh no hah no not that we're not dating." wonwoo almost yells back, there is no way he and jisoo would be dating.

"you sure i mean you seem pretty flustered." mingyu squints at wonwoo

"well that's because i'm nervous and its awkward i don't like him we're not dating." wonwoo crosses his arms and sighs, if anything he's off the market. especially for mingyu

mingyu hesitates for a moment "alright then"

"anyways its about time we go down for dinner so let's uh-" wonwoo can't finish his sentence because mingyu grabs his hand and pulls him up from the bed. he then looks at wonwoo for a moment before lacing their fingers together and tugging at his arm.

wonwoo, speechless, let's mingyu drag him downstairs but the hand, a soft blush coating his cheeks.

once they reach the table, wonwoo's mother tells them that she's about to bring the food out and wonwoo expects mingyu to let go of his hand. but he doesn't. he holds on. in fact he doesn't let go until they need their hands to eat the stir fry noodles in front of them.

wonwoo was sure his heart was going to beat out of his chest at this point.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

939K 32.4K 138
"Can't you just leave?You are annoying and weird..why is Hansol friends with you anyway?"He asks coldly "I was wondering the same..asshole." •Matu...
26.4K 987 23
" i can never even imagine to hurt you. " he moved closer to hold your hands but you stepped back, displaying your palm to stop him " ironically, yo...
18.2K 765 29
I really hate you Jeon Wonwoo. I hate you more than anything else Kwon Soonyoung. What will happen when two people who hates each other in the past...
11.3K 369 32
Basically a bunch of random idea's for stories that I might or might not make a full book on. Just enjoy these utterly fluttering stories / one shots...